Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Most Powerful...

The Most Powerful...

So I'm not sure if someone has gone over this in a thread or not but I was wondering how the different MOTU characters would rank powerwise?

Is He-man really the most powerful man in the universe or would other characters some how trump his power?

For instance, is anyone's magic more powerful or would cosmic characters like Zodac be able to over power him or anyone else if need be?

I'm personally somewhat limited on my MOTU lore so I'd like to see what everyone's opinion would be.

I was thinking about that last night, actually. I thought of He-Man's power (since I'm an original mini comic buff) as prowess in battle. He-Man is a guy who, while incredibly strong, can think on his feet. You're not gona go toe to toe with this guy on a whim! He's already known to be crazy strong, but if you're a match for him (like early Tri-Klops) then you will face the wrath of his ability to adapt mid-battle! I wouldn't put He-Man up with the great thinkers, but when it comes to battle, giving him time to adapt is the worst thing you could do.

That's just my thoughts on He-Man, though. Let me think about the others...
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by bobshumway View Post
    So I'm not sure if someone has gone over this in a thread or not but I was wondering how the different MOTU characters would rank powerwise?

Is He-man really the most powerful man in the universe or would other characters some how trump his power?

For instance, is anyone's magic more powerful or would cosmic characters like Zodac be able to over power him or anyone else if need be?

I'm personally somewhat limited on my MOTU lore so I'd like to see what everyone's opinion would be.
    For me, He-man the most powerful MAN in the universe... but other characters such as Skeletor, Sy-Clone or Clawful are not considered as "MEN" so IMO it can exists more powerful entities than He-Man in the universe.

In the MYP cartoon, you often see He-Man in difficulties against Skeletor or the count Marzo. In fact, I suppose such characters can transform some kind of magic into strength so that they can reach the same level of "power" as He-Man (a little less ).

For me, He-Man alone can't defeat the forces of evil, but with the help of the Masters of the univers, he can faces everything... but only if he uses more tricks than his strength

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

For instance, is anyone's magic more powerful or would cosmic characters like
    Zodac be able to over power him or anyone else if need be?

YAAAAA!!!! A tier thread!!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    TIER 1-The "God"-Tier. These guys are the most powerful regular characters in the mythos. Pretty much ancients, elder evils, dragons, cosmic enforcers and Eternia's greatest champions are reserved for this Tier.

Hordak--tied with King Grayskull, who died trapping him in Despondos. And then there is that whole Spell of Separation business that altered the whole planet. EVERYONE feared Hordak getting free from Despondos.

Serpos--He-Man beat him...only with help from The Sorceress using a spell to stun Serpos for a split second, giving He-Man the time he needed to strike. Otherwise, Serpos whupped He-Man so bad, he turned back to a badly bruised and unconscious Adam.

Granamyr--Larry DiTillio said that He-man can't beat dragons. As far as Hordak goes, Granamyr probably didn't care about Hordak or King Hsss.

He-Man, She-Ra--tied with Zodak, who beat King Hsss twice and Zodac, who battled He-Man in DC. Now it is arguable that while Zodak couldn't beat Serpos while He-Man could, but we never see Zodak try. He-Man's greatest non-Filmation feat of strength had to be throwing the Ophidian Spire into the sun, which tells you the scope of his power level.

King Hsss--kicked Skeletor's butt twice and defeated the Sorceress inside Grayskull--even after she nuked him! King Hsss didn't think much of He-Man.
    TIER 2

Skeletor--Even though Moss Man and Sy-Klone seem really powerful, I can't see them defeating Skeletor in a fight. You wouldn't need He-Man then...Skeletor is the weakest of the leaders, since he isn't an ancient evil nor can he beat He-Man, King Hsss and is terrified of Hordak.

Count Marzo--He feared Hordak and can't take Skeletor, but gave Evil-Lyn the wench-slap her around Eternia after he simply walked through her "Evergreen Forest Nuke" spell.

Sorceress--also tied with The Goddess.

Evil-Lyn--Remember when she nuked the Evergreen Forest? Or how she did the same spell twice back-to-back on He-Man and Count Marzo?

Moss Man--crazy powerful, but gauging him is hard. King Hsss beat him (although it was a sucker punch). Moss Man easily trapped the Snake Men, but they got free immediately afterward.

Evilseed

Sy-Klone--He seemed really powerful, but was defeated by He-Man. Still, Sy-Klone could literally take armies easily.

Azdar, Belzar and Chazdar
    TIER 3-The REALLY good fighters. If Tier 4 is considered great fighters, then these guys are rather exceptional. The Snake Men in particular are pretty tough.

Tri-Klops--Skeletor's third in command has that famous mini-comic where he owned Beast Man, Teela, Battle Cat and Ram-Man. Almost owned He-Man as well.

Rattlor--He almost killed Duncan if it were not for Zodak taking back his staff. And he defeated Roboto and escaped from the Eternian jail. He's pretty damn strong AND capable.

Roboto--He could handle both Squeeze and Tung Lashor by himself.

Man-At-Arms

Tung Lashor
    --He owned Teela three times straight (and would have gotten defeated a fourth time if someone hadn't thrown her a sword).

Teela--She's good. She can beat huge guys like Clawful and Whiplash easily.

Squeeze

Snake Face
    --Good hand to hand fighter that whupped Mekaneck.

Kobra Khan--He's the lowliest of the Snake Men. But Khan is higher than most characters because of his resourcefulness.
    TIER 4-The remaining warriors

Stratos--He lacks power, but is a very clever fighter. Stratos probably could outfight most of the characters in this tier based on his battle experience alone.

Stinkor--Pretty powerful. If he were immune to his own stench, he'd rank alot higher.

Beast Man--Great physical power! Beast Man is one of the largest and strongest of Skeletor's warriors. Not only that, but he's got a sneaky streak in battle, often huge summoning monsters from out of nowhere.

Buzz-Off-Buzz-Off could take a beating from giants and lift a tree, whereas Stratos got beat up by Trap Jaw. He's mightier in comparison, although Stratos seems more experienced.

Trap Jaw

Fisto--He might be the older brother, but he isn't as of a skilled fighter as little Duncan, more of a brawler. Remember that mini-comic where Fisto is fighting in the arena? I think Whiplash kicked his butt in the arena because he was fresh while Fisto was tired from fighting Clawful and Jitsu back-to-back.

Jitsu--assuming that Fisto is his archenemy, then Fisto should be able to handle him.

Battle Cat and Panthor--Physically, they are pretty much equal.

Mer-Man--Seemed to handle MEF just fine no matter what head he chose. He also kept Teela from rescuing her father from the giant flying fish.

Man-E-Faces

King Randor--He was in Tier 3 when he was Captain Randor. Randor has some good fighting skills left in him when he fought the Caligars in Underworld. So this at least puts him above Whiplash.

Two-Bad--Seems pretty competant until he argues with himself.

Ram Man--Pretty easily takes out Whiplash.

Whiplash--Got man handled by Beast Man after introducing Tuvar and Baddhra to Skeletor. I rate him higher than Clawful because he's smarter.

Webstor--More craftier than Clawful, but can't do much damage.

Clawful--Big but dumb.

Mekaneck--I think he's the lowliest of the Masters since he thinks so less of himself. He gets owned repeatedly by Snake Men, suggesting that they might be out of his league. Maybe he should stick to fighting Evil Warriors...
    TIER 5-Not normally what you'd call "normal warriors".

Orko--His strength is actually in low level magic switcheroos, basic spells that much stronger spellcasters such as Evil-Lyn and Skeletor overlook. It actually makes him useful.

Queen Marlena--Mom has skills. She fended off Tung Lashor wearing her nifty battle armor no less. A pity we never saw more of her.

Prince Adam--Competent enough to body flip Whiplash in The Beginning Part 2. However, he gets his ass handed to him by the same guy later. Most likely the weakest character on the list.

Cringer--Most likely the weakest and least capable character here. He's usually much too busy cowering to try anything and has to be provoked. Unless Adam is in danger, he's useless.
    Unknown Placement due to lack of information

He-Ro--At least Tier 1. The trouble is that I don't know where to place him. He died, but who killed him?

Faceless One
    Veena
    Grizzlor
    Leech
    Mantenna
    Callix
    Procrustus

(Not finished)

Question...I know Adora is very capable, but how high would Adora rank? Who could beat in a fight between Adora vs Teela?
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; August 31, 2009 at 07:26pm.

Thanks He-bro, but that site's a little too D&D for me.

Thanks He-bro, but that site's a little too D&D for me.
    Cool site, He-Bro! Always good to see MOTU characters translated to D&D.

As soon as I saw the Yuan-Ti Anathema, I thought "King Hsss".

I had trouble figuring out what class most He-Man characters would be...a lawful barbarian who doesn't rage or a barbaric looking paladin. The mini-comic version is easy.

I guess it's basically however you interpret it. To me and most others, He-Man is by far the most powerful character in MOTU. Here's my ranking:

He-Man - The most powerful character (King Grayskull doesn't have half the power he has)

She-Ra - Just about as powerful as He-Man

Skeletor - once Hordak's pupil, but now even Hordak is no match for him.

Horde Prime - The leader of the Horde for a reason.

Hordak - very powerful indeed, but wishes he had taken care of Skeletor when he had the chance, before Skeletor surpassed his powers.

I didn't list the Sorceress because she isn't exactly a fighter/warrior and is usually confined to Castle Grayskull. However, I would still rank her power right behind She-Ra.

I also didn't list King Hiss, as I've never seen him or the Snakemen as an overly powerful group. That is one huge problem I had with the MYP Series, they tried to make everybody (especially King Hssss and Zodak) more powerful than needed. Zodak, I guess I can understand because he's a Cosmic Warrior and his powers are something to be reckoned with.

As said before, it's basically up to you. Everybody has their own canon and ideas.
    Last edited by dedset13; August 26, 2009 at 03:01pm.

I always thought He-Man's title referred purely to his physical strength.

I think He-Man's title says it all…"the most powerful man in the universe". For me that's enough for me to take it at face value. Now…has He-Man learned to tap all of his power? Who knows?
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wing Knight View Post
    I always thought He-Man's title referred purely to his physical strength.
    Me too. Which is probably why all of his worst enemies are all magic users.

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    Quote Originally Posted by He-bro View Post
    This web site has broken down all the characters:

http://heman.us/

Why is Stinkor with The Horde?!?

Great site though. Love all the infos!
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

I like and agree with MegaGearMax's awesome list. Good work son!

PS Man at Arms should be lower on the list though
    My for sale items:200X moc figures Roboto,Kobra Khan,Syklone,PrinceAdam,Whiplash,Beastman,Rattlor, Man at Arms,Orko,Trapjaw,Two Bad, Buzz Off,etc.Gi Joe 25th anniv moc figures for sale, vehicles, multi-packs, Neca staction figures series 1-6 moc. Castlevania 20th anniversarty Artbook pack $35, Living Dead Dolls, 3' Frankenstein.[/COLOR

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post

Hordak (tied with King Grayskull, who died trapping him in Despondos)
    He-Man (tied with Zodak, who beat King Hsss twice and Zodac, who battled He-Man in DC. She-Ra too, assuming)
    King Hsss (kicked Skeletor's butt twice)
    Skeletor
    Moss Man
    (crazy powerful!)
    Count Marzo
    Sorceress
    Evil-Lyn

Sy-Klone (Who seemed really powerful, but was defeated by He-Man)
    Tri-Klops
    Man-At-Arms
    Rattlor
    Teela
    Kobra Khan
    Ram Man
    Whiplash
    Clawful
    Beast Man
    Stratos
    Buzz-Off
    Stinkor
    King Randor
    Queen Marlena
    Orko
    Prince Adam
    Cringer
    (Most likely the weakest and least capable character here)

Unknown
    He-Ro
    Faceless One
    Veena
    Callix

(Not finished)

Question...I know Adora is very capable, but how high would Adora rank? Who could beat in a fight between Adora vs Teela?
    I'd have a a hard time doing rankings, but do you really think Randor's as weak as the rest of the royal family? Randor's as good as any of the other heroic warriors imo. (I speak purely MYP here)
    As for Cringer, he is more or less a pet, but he does have the ability to be strong and capable at times (see: Tung Lashor, lol).
    King Hss is just a punk.

How do we rate "power"? Physical strength alone? And even if He-Man is the strongest man in the universe, the other, "non-men" characters (creatures, humanoids, etc) could be physically stronger than him.

Also, I hope this definition is limited to the MotU universe; I don't like the idea that He-Man is even stronger than Superman, it makes him soooo powerful that makes every other character look week by comparision.

In my vision of MotU, I think ever since childhood, He-Man was the physically strongest man in the Motu universe, and was also probably the, or one of the, most skilled fighters (always loved the idea that Tri-Klops, and maybe others, could defeat him in a swordfight once in a while; also, being the best doesn't mean he could defeat everyone everytime - unless he is ridiculously stronger/ more skilled than all the others, thus going back to the unbalanced comparision I refered to earlier)

But to me, the whole "most powerful man in the universe" thing was always a broader concept than sheer muscle strenght or fighting ability; It was the combination of his physical prowess with the power of his heart - being the most honorable, truthful, good man in the universe... something like the ultimate paladin (in a non-knight, more barbaric way).

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash77 View Post
    I'd have a a hard time doing rankings, but do you really think Randor's as weak as the rest of the royal family? Randor's as good as any of the other heroic warriors imo. (I speak purely MYP here)
    As for Cringer, he is more or less a pet, but he does have the ability to be strong and capable at times (see: Tung Lashor, lol).
    King Hss is just a punk.
    I haven't finished, but Randor has slowed down some since his Captain Randor days. And Marlena did show some fighting skills, although she's no Teela. Whether he's as capable as say...Mekaneck in a fight is unknown.

I took being a Master of the Universe means that you'd be exceptional in a fight, not that Randor can't fight at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfchild View Post
    How do we rate "power"? Physical strength alone? And even if He-Man is the strongest man in the universe, the other, "non-men" characters (creatures, humanoids, etc) could be physically stronger than him.

Also, I hope this definition is limited to the MotU universe; I don't like the idea that He-Man is even stronger than Superman, it makes him soooo powerful that makes every other character look week by comparision.

In my vision of MotU, I think ever since childhood, He-Man was the physically strongest man in the Motu universe, and was also probably the, or one of the, most skilled fighters (always loved the idea that Tri-Klops, and maybe others, could defeat him in a swordfight once in a while; also, being the best doesn't mean he could defeat everyone everytime - unless he is ridiculously stronger/ more skilled than all the others, thus going back to the unbalanced comparision I refered to earlier)

But to me, the whole "most powerful man in the universe" thing was always a broader concept than sheer muscle strenght or fighting ability; It was the combination of his physical prowess with the power of his heart - being the most honorable, truthful, good man in the universe... something like the ultimate paladin (in a non-knight, more barbaric way).
    I'm taking it as a "who can beat who" list, since alot of the information we have is so vague. If it was putting ability versus ability, He-Man would lose to the wizards because they can do more. Likewise with characters like Sy-Klone and Moss Man who are elementals. Glimmer is VERY powerful as far has having multiple abilities, but she is limited in actual skill (As opposed to Tri-Klops...little power, but tons of skill. He could battle He-Man into a defensive position, proving that strength doesn't equal skill).
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; August 26, 2009 at 04:44pm.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post

Hordak (tied with King Grayskull, who died trapping him in Despondos)
    He-Man (tied with Zodak, who beat King Hsss twice and Zodac, who battled He-Man in DC. She-Ra too, assuming)
    King Hsss (kicked Skeletor's butt twice)
    Skeletor
    Moss Man
    (crazy powerful!)
    Count Marzo
    Sorceress
    Evil-Lyn

Sy-Klone (Who seemed really powerful, but was defeated by He-Man)
    Tri-Klops
    Man-At-Arms
    Rattlor
    Teela
    Kobra Khan
    Ram Man
    Whiplash
    Clawful
    Beast Man
    Stratos
    Buzz-Off
    Stinkor
    King Randor
    Queen Marlena
    Orko
    Prince Adam
    Cringer
    (Most likely the weakest and least capable character here)

Unknown
    He-Ro
    Faceless One
    Veena
    Callix

(Not finished)

Where's Trap Jaw? In the mini comics was a serious match even for He-Man & Skeletor for a while.

Queen Marlena would kick her son's rear? Ok, she's from Earth, but what 'hood is she from?

And with Teela & Adora, I just don't care, just throw them in the mud and let the show begin

wait - are we ranking based on Filmation or 200x?

Filmation, I would say

He-Man
    Granamyr
    Skeletor
    Negator
    Evil-Lyn
    Kothos
    Marzo
    Sy-Klone
    no sorceress because she was a wimp in the original series

As for 200x

Sorceress
    Hordak
    He-Man
    Skeletor
    Zodak
    King Hsss
    Evil-Lyn
    Marzo

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    We also got to establish what continuity we are arguing from. Everybody's power was radically different depending on which reality we are comparing. The mini-comics, the Filmation cartoons, the MYP cartoons or the comic books (don't hardly know anything about this) Without a common basis, there can be no consensus. I believe MegaMax is using the MYP cartoon as the basis for his power rankings. He'll have to chime in if my assumption is correct. Mega?
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Since this is MOTUC, we'd have to use the mini-comics and MYP (which influence the bios) as a basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    Where's Trap Jaw? In the mini comics was a serious match even for He-Man & Skeletor for a while.
    Trap Jaw there was powered up by Grayskull. So that isn't a legit way to gauge how generally tough he is.

I didn't do Trap Jaw and others yet because I have to gauge how tough he is. I went for the REALLY powerful characters first, the the really weaker ones afterward. I'll fill in the intermediates soon. It's not finished yet.

Queen Marlena would kick her son's rear? Ok, she's from Earth, but what 'hood is she from?
    The Eternian Projects.

MYP Queen Marlena (in Battle Armor) fought Tung Lashor and survived. Adam got his ass kicked by Whiplash when he thought that he didn't need to change into He-Man. She's tougher.

And with Teela & Adora, I just don't care, just throw them in the mud and let the show begin

The Snake Men are probably high on that list. I really can't gauge the Horde (Mantenna, Leech and Grizzlor) because of their limited appearances. King Grayskull might have mopped the floor with them, but they might be ultra serious if they ever fought the Masters, Evil Warriors or Snake Men.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; August 26, 2009 at 06:24pm.

As for 200x

Sorceress
    Hordak
    He-Man
    Skeletor
    Zodak
    King Hsss
    Evil-Lyn
    Marzo[/QUOTE]

I felt the same way about the 200x Sorceress after watching the whole series.

Court Magician

he-man

if not he-man king grey skull was badass

Quote Originally Posted by Dayton72 View Post
    Aww...you missed The Origin of the Sorceress?

Quote Originally Posted by Morbebanur View Post
    I felt the same way about the 200x Sorceress after watching the whole series.
    Did you see Rise of the Snake Men part 2? She wasn't a wuss there.

Just because you need He-man's help doesn't make you a wimp. The trouble must be exceptional if she can't handle it herself.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; August 26, 2009 at 07:24pm.

You forgot the greatest warrior of all: WB He-man!! The battle between him and the loaf of bread was legendary...
    "I must possess all, or I possess nothing" - Skeletor in Masters of the Universe (1987)

My pictures and albums

Feedback #1
    Feedback #2
    Feedback #3

He-Man is the Superman of MOTU! He is physically the most impressive force in the Universe. There may be no limit to his strength. He will still face challenges from powerful magic wielders and the like, but his durablity and massive raw power puts He-Man in a league of his own. Not to mention that he wields the Power Sword, which I believe he has yet to master it's full capabilities.

He-Man is number one!!
    2 Cor. 12:9 (KJV) "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmites, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."

The Last Wielder of the Sword of Power

Faithful Member of Club Eternia

http://photobucket.com/LastEternian