Thread: Skeletor the Robot and Other Odd He-Man Art

Skeletor the Robot and Other Odd He-Man Art

Check Caverns of Fear, page 16. Odd look for Skeletor, right? Obviously I wasn't the only one who thought so...if you listen to the record which came with this book, you'll notice that when they get to voicing Skeletor, he sounds very much like a robot.

Also in the early books.... He-Man with a black cross on his chest! The Power Sword hanging from his belt!
    Live in the Connecticut/SW Massachusetts area? Need a tutor for you or your kids? PM me!

The name is Bond.... James Bond.

Yeah, I have always thought that scene looked weird. I uploaded several of those Golden Super Adventure books that are on this site. I don't have the one that came with a record though. A lot of the art leaves something to be desired, especially in the Golden hardbacks. Jukka shows some of that in his character profile of Spikor. Check it out if you haven't seen it.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Manis007 View Post
    Check Caverns of Fear, page 16. Odd look for Skeletor, right? Obviously I wasn't the only one who thought so...if you listen to the record which came with this book, you'll notice that when they get to voicing Skeletor, he sounds very much like a robot.

Also in the early books.... He-Man with a black cross on his chest! The Power Sword hanging from his belt!
    Not to mention odd looking Battle-Cat...
    Коможедапрочитанекапрочита:овимсајтомуправљајулуда циопседнутиконтролом.Јебаоихмателијебаоихскот .

Evil Overlord of Spandex CptSpandex's Avatar
    For the record, that is located here:

http://www.he-man.org/publishing/ite...751&image=2188

I had that book as a kid. I dunno about the Skelebot, but I always thought He-Man looked a little strange. Particularly on the cover. And don't get me started on Man-At-Arms, who seems to have lost 30 years and 50 pounds of muscle!

Which kinda brings up a question for me...how many different looks to He-Man were there....?

The oddest (based on toy/cartoon non-resemblance) has to be the kinda puffy afro-ish He-Man seen here.... http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/..._crop_full.jpg .
    Live in the Connecticut/SW Massachusetts area? Need a tutor for you or your kids? PM me!

Quote Originally Posted by He-Manis007 View Post
    Which kinda brings up a question for me...how many different looks to He-Man were there....?

The oddest (based on toy/cartoon non-resemblance) has to be the kinda puffy afro-ish He-Man seen here.... http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/..._crop_full.jpg .
    As if Rob Liefeld drew that.
    Коможедапрочитанекапрочита:овимсајтомуправљајулуда циопседнутиконтролом.Јебаоихмателијебаоихскот .

*does a quick search for this Liefeld chappy...

Ah, yeah, almost!

Does anyone know if there was any reason behind the black cross in the early Golden books?