Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Names of the Coucil of Elders

Wandering the abyss, in search of an alliance of consequence.

Names of the Coucil of Elders

From the 2000 comics. From what i can tell from the panel
    Eldor
    He-Ro
    The Faceless One
    What looks like the Star Child
    A blue skinned female ( Looks like Keldor's race)
    A Blue skinned male ( Ditto here)
    A large sized man with a red beard with the She-Ra design on his torso
    A Caligar/Mer-people (can't tell due to the robe)
    What looks to be a red colored Andreenan.
    They are discussing The Faceless One's childs abduction by King Hsss.

Hi,
    that's the council of Widsdom, not the council of Elders.
    They predate the Council of Elders.

Going by your list:

-Eldor
    -He-Ro is not part of the Council, if you notice, he's standing behind Eldor.
    -The Faceless One was part of th council, but he's banned in this issue.
    -The Star Child (in our story many Star Child existed)
    -A Female Gar member (no name)
    -An old Gar member (no name)
    -Lord Bryon of one of the old houses of Eternia. Their flag is the Swan and can be seen on the Eternia Central Tower toy.
    -Mather Tetsudo, an old turtle-like female.
    -A fire people member (they can be seen in a Filmation episode) (no name)
    -And you're missing the Alien council member, same race of the aline Cosmic Enforcer sculpted by the Four Horsemen and then discarded in favor of a more human Zodac.

Thank You very much for clearing that up for me. I just reread some of those comics, after He-Ro was released. It got me wondering who they were. Again thank you very much for your help and insight.

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    Wow, it sounds like I should be buying these comics! I thought they would just follow the episodes but it sounds like it actually adds to them! Is that true? Since I loved the cartoon and figures should I be seeking out the comics??

Shhhh... It's a Secret... Midwinter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HordeFan View Post
    Wow, it sounds like I should be buying these comics! I thought they would just follow the episodes but it sounds like it actually adds to them! Is that true? Since I loved the cartoon and figures should I be seeking out the comics??
    Definitely. Some very talented folks worked on those comics...
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

Thank you for the information Emiliano!

I was just at the library yesterday and there were dozens od StarWars books and lots of StarWars comics there. I so wish Mattel would give out the license for artists to do MOTU - related fiction. MOTU needs more good stories!

Heidi
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

This is awesome to finally get Lord Bryon's name! The swan is in the Eternia Playset box art? I can't find a big enough picture to spot it--although I remember the council's symbol was on the top of the flag pole from Grayskull. There was a thread once to name the Council of Wisdom members, and I think Pyroah (pronounced Pyro but spelled like Pharoah) was suggested for the Fire Person. Mechanor was the popular name for the alien/cosmic enforcer type guy. And I think people kept calling the old gar man Oldron. I had dubbed the gar woman as Shurella from He-Ro's vintage bio card, but Emiliano said that wasn't her name. As long as she's not Shokoti! I'd rather have two characters than one in that way.

Given the title of the thread, we're also missing the Council of Elders' names too.

They were:
    Lead elder with long eyebrows
    Woman, human and bald
    Caligar man
    A member of Merman's race (Aquatican or Moraturian)
    A dark skinned man
    A light skinned dark haired man
    A blond and bearded man
    A female gar, also bald
    In some shots, a third woman who was also bald and had long eyebrows
    Last edited by gbagok; August 27, 2009 at 06:15pm.

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    Hi,
    that's the council of Widsdom, not the council of Elders.
    They predate the Council of Elders.

Going by your list:

-Eldor
    -He-Ro is not part of the Council, if you notice, he's standing behind Eldor.
    -The Faceless One was part of th council, but he's banned in this issue.
    -The Star Child (in our story many Star Child existed)
    -A Female Gar member (no name)
    -An old Gar member (no name)
    -Lord Bryon of one of the old houses of Eternia. Their flag is the Swan and can be seen on the Eternia Central Tower toy.
    -Mather Tetsudo, an old turtle-like female.
    -A fire people member (they can be seen in a Filmation episode) (no name)
    -And you're missing the Alien council member, same race of the aline Cosmic Enforcer sculpted by the Four Horsemen and then discarded in favor of a more human Zodac.

Did you develop names for the others? Also, could you post a pic of the flag? I never have seen The Three Towers up close.
    I Always wondered if this was the full roster of The Council and if you ever planned to include these three guys.

http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Hey thanks for sharing that cool panel of the Sorceress. She's so smart.
    RIP Andy Conrad.

Agreed. That was great!

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    This is awesome to finally get Lord Bryon's name! The swan is in the Eternia Playset box art? I can't find a big enough picture to spot it--although I remember the council's symbol was on the top of the flag pole from Grayskull.
    Yeah, the Swan is on the Eternia Playset box art, just straight on top of the Central Tower.
    The symbol on top of the Graykull flag pole was also on top of the Crystal Castle flag pole and it has a very special meaning...

There was a thread once to name the Council of Wisdom members, and I think Pyroah (pronounced Pyro but spelled like Pharoah) was suggested for the Fire Person. Mechanor was the popular name for the alien/cosmic enforcer type guy. And I think people kept calling the old gar man Oldron. I had dubbed the gar woman as Shurella from He-Ro's vintage bio card, but Emiliano said that wasn't her name. As long as she's not Shokoti! I'd rather have two characters than one in that way.
    No, she's not Shokoti, just another Gar. But I really like the other names (well, maybe Oldron sounds a bit too silly ) I think we could really start calling them with those names.

Quote Originally Posted by LORD FALLEN ELDOR View Post
    Did you develop names for the others? Also, could you post a pic of the flag? I never have seen The Three Towers up close.
    Not right away, sorry
    Anyone else can post it?

I Always wondered if this was the full roster of The Council and if you ever planned to include these three guys.
    Yep, that's the full council.
    I admit I didn't remeber those 3 guys from the mini, but f you read it again, those are Ancients, not Council Members.
    The way thing were in the comic we had these groups of people (chronologically):
    -Overlords of the Eternal Dimension
    -Ancients
    -Council of Wisdom (Or Council of the Wise, as Zodac calls them in the cartoon)
    -Council of Elders

Overlords and Ancients where a bit more than humans in my mind so I wouldn't have gone for that plain look as in the mini for them.

Yeah, the Swan is on the Eternia Playset box art, just straight on top of the Central Tower.
    The symbol on top of the Graykull flag pole was also on top of the Crystal Castle flag pole and it has a very special meaning...

Would that be the circle with half-moon symbol?

Does it have a name? The symbol?

When will you tell what it's special meaning is?

Who would have known that a simple wording error could explain so much. Thank you all and especially Emiliano.

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Would that be the circle with half-moon symbol?

Does it have a name? The symbol?

When will you tell what it's special meaning is?
    Well, I was going to just type it, but let's see if someone can guess it.
    The symbol doesn't have a name but it represent something.
    A very powerful artifact appeared only in one episode of the Filmation cartoon, but so important that we decided it needed to be included in our story too.

If someone can guess what I'm talking about, then I'll explain a bit more about it

The Shaping Staff?

Quote Originally Posted by triklops3eyes View Post
    The Shaping Staff?
    Nope, much, much powerful

Is it that Crystal that let the Sorceress leave Grayskull to fight that wizard that had the Horde scouting party? I got it it is the Star Seed.
    Last edited by triklops3eyes; August 26, 2009 at 04:55pm. Reason: replacment

I think it's the Star Seed too, but did it help the Sorceress fight Morgoth? I didn't remember that, just that it seemed to tempt even He-Man.

Although one of my theories is that Skeletor has the Golden Disks of Knowledge as well (and I usually see the Faceless One in the role of Zanthor from the Filmation episode).

Speaking of Ancients vs other very old groups, who were the people who imprisoned Darkdream/evil guy in the Crystal from the Shard of Darkness? Any relation to the 4 Horsemen as Masters that you drew once?

I'm guessing the Council of Wisdom symbol is three celestial bodies lining up, possibly the worlds of Eternia, Etheria, and somewhere else (Trolla? Phantos? Trannis? Primus? Infinitia?).

No the Star Seed didn't allow Sorceress the ability to leave. I couldn't remember the name of the crystal and then it hit me. Emiliano said the object was more powerful than the Shaping Staff. If something is so powerful that it can make He-man think about ruling Eternia and the Universe then i'd say thats pretty powerful indeed. Since he also said it was used in Filmation it couldn't be the crystal that did the same thing in the 200x comics. Also i believe that King Randor and the Defenders/Masters locked up Dark Dream could be wrong on that though.

Quote Originally Posted by triklops3eyes View Post
    Also i believe that King Randor and the Defenders/Masters locked up Dark Dream could be wrong on that though.
    I'm not sure who locked up Darkdream in Filmation, but in The Shard of Darkness comic in the 200X era we saw a group of "ancient" wizards trapping a character who resembled (but wasn't confirmed to be) Darkdream in a crystal. I was kind of teasing by calling him that as we never learned who he really was. Anyway, it was supposed to be around He-Ro's time, but the characters didn't look like the Council of Wisdom members we saw later.

No, she's not Shokoti, just another Gar. But I really like the other names (well, maybe Oldron sounds a bit too silly ) I think we could really start calling them with those names.
    Yes! I like those names too, though Oldron isn't my favorite either. I figured he was based on the Keeper of Time since he's also blue and old. I'd assigned the name Eris to the blue lady, but that was just a place holder. I hope we'll learn her real name, but I'm so glad she's not Shokoti! I like that we're up to three blue women now (also counting Illumina)!

So for now, here's what we know of the two councils' members (thanks to Dr. Omega who drew up most of the Elders a while back):

EDIT: Oh jeez, I think I killed another thread....
    Last edited by gbagok; August 30, 2009 at 08:22am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    EDIT: Oh jeez, I think I killed another thread....
    Nah, you didn't
    I'm just too busy with work right now, And I want to type a proper reply.
    But you guys guessed right! It's the Starseed!
    More when I'm done with the current job

Long Live Oldron!

Check out my Custom Figures! http://www.jsunscustoms.com

Wow Emiliano, every time I hear new details about what you and Val's grand master plan for Masters was, I get more and more ****** Mattel. Why can't they just grow a pair like Hasbro and let their product evolve, Barbie has for crying out loud ! So it's true that they wouldn't allow you guys to post your serise bible because of that? Jeez post one teaser on the last issue of the comic of a mysterious blue lady with her own WOW tiger mount and they freak. Had Matty known how successful WOW was maybe they would have let you guys go with it...

Now that you say that they're are multiple Star childeren just makes me go OMG! That opens the door for so much, it doesn't even interfere with my personal plans for my fan comic re-telling her Filmation apperence. Also I always though that big guy with She-Ra's insignia was called LightHope? Or is he also called that?
    Visit my art page at: http://theblock.deviantart.com/ , if you like my work and have an account there to, feel free to fave or watch me, I could use the street cred !

My new chant: Lets go NA MARA, spike-flail pon-y-tail

So, this is confirmed, the Starseed is what the symbol on the flagpoles represent.
    Altough gbagok intepretation is awesome (I really love the idea of the 3 aligning planets!), the circle represent the seed, the "half moon" part is the energy radiating from the seed, when it created the universe during the Big Bang (as told in The Search)

The Starseed was used by the Overlords of the Eternal Dimension to create the universe and left to the Ancients.
    It's very important as it ties lot of things together, including He-Ro's powers, Grayskull, and the 3 Towers.
    The Central tower is a temple built by Ancients (with the help of their master architects, and Noah and Hordak were some of them) on top of a well leading to the chamber of the Starseed at the center of Eternia

I'm dropping more hints and let you guy start the guessing game again

So, we have the Starseed at the center of Eternia, but the well leading the the Central Tower is not the only passage to the surface.
    There are at least 2 more. Based on all the existing info about MOTU, can you guess which they are?
    Sounds like a silly question, but if you guess the answer right, you'll discover there is a lot more about it!

So, this is confirmed, the Starseed is what the symbol on the flagpoles represent.
    Altough gbagok intepretation is awesome (I really love the idea of the 3 aligning planets!), the circle represent the seed, the "half moon" part is the energy radiating from the seed, when it created the universe during the Big Bang (as told in The Search)

The Starseed was used by the Overlords of the Eternal Dimension to create the universe and left to the Ancients.
    It's very important as it ties lot of things together, including He-Ro's powers, Grayskull, and the 3 Towers.
    The Central tower is a temple built by Ancients (with the help of their master architects, and Noah and Hordak were some of them) on top of a well leading to the chamber of the Starseed at the center of Eternia

I'm dropping more hints and let you guy start the guessing game again

So, we have the Starseed at the center of Eternia, but the well leading the the Central Tower is not the only passage to the surface.
    There are at least 2 more. Based on all the existing info about MOTU, can you guess which they are?
    Sounds like a silly question, but if you guess the answer right, you'll discover there is a lot more about it!
    The other 2 towers?