Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hordak trapped in Despondos

Fascinating stuff Emiliano, I really wish you had gotten to do these comics - I love all the linking up of loose ends from the different incarnations of MOTU.

Oh, and I love how you used Nordor - may I ask, apart from this, was there anything else from the New Adventures that you planned to use?

Thanks for the answers Emiliano.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post

The Hordak design is AMAZING, he almost looks gar like to me.
    I also thought he could be a Gar.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post

We only have a bunch of pages from the first two issues, but nothign that goes deep into the story. You can see one of these pages in the recent Toy Fare article.
    Where can we find this article?

First of all, THANK YOU!!!, Emiliano!!! Thank you so much for all of this information. I love it all. There is not a single idea here that makes me think this would have been bad. That makes me sad, because the comics would have just been more and more amazing as they went on. The pictures of Hordak are excellent - I really like that design... my last question, for now, is this: Nordor turned into the spirit in the Shakkaran Crystal AND Horde Prime, right? Not Hordak?

And I got another email from our friend, "AnywhereIs" - he asked me to post it.

That means then that She-ra is descended from Veena? Thus if we are to put all of this together, does Koduk Ungar have a place within this ?
    The other thing is if She-ra was to be linked with Sharadella (?1) Who is Sharaillia? I am lost! Can some one tell me more about Sharella? I am intrigued.

In that episode, the close of that woman with the obvious sword just seems like there was more for this character on the horizon? It just seems so suspect to me that she would appear along King Grayskull with an obvious sword. Do you mind if I ask you what was mentioned about She-ra for Season 1? I love your ideas for Etheria and Lighthope. And where did Shadow Weaver fall in all of this with Adora, Despondos etc?

I long hought that it would make sense for Illumina to be Keldor's mother with the panther etc. Something else that I am just wondering about is that in the episode The Power of Grayskull Over Grayskull we see two moons, Infinitia and potentially Etheria? Very much like over Castle Brightmoon with the moons and Angella deriving her power from the moons, thus is there a tie in here with Eternia?
    Last edited by bcrduke; September 21, 2009 at 12:09am.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

I'm pretty sure Emiliano or Val has said in the past that Illumina was not going to be Keldor's mother, but I could be mistaken.

Wanted:

I rememder reading that as well. But we do know she is something to do with Eternia's past & she was traped on the dark hemisphere when the mystic wall was erected. Maybe she is on of the refugees from infinita?
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Light Hope is a Living Spell written in the Book of the Living Spells, the one Eldor carries around. The Book was written by the Ancients and it contains all the Secret of the Universe. The Ancients transcribed the magics used by the Overlords to create the Universe and life, and the book itself is very important in the creation of the Powers of Grayskull (we'll go into that later)

When the First Ones were sent to look for a new world, Eldor and He-Ro gave them one of the Living Spell to aid them in their task: Light Hope.
    It was that powerful spell that "created" life on Etheria. He was much more than just the Crystal Castle Guardian.
    How interesting!
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    I rememder reading that as well. But we do know she is something to do with Eternia's past & she was traped on the dark hemisphere when the mystic wall was erected. Maybe she is on of the refugees from infinita?
    Emiliano said the Gar were the refugees, and Illumina is a Gar, so she's a least a descendant of the refugees. I'd forgotten she was trapped in the DH. I think they said she was supposed to be like part of MAA's generation of "Masters" (they had a different name though).

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Emiliano said the Gar were the refugees, and Illumina is a Gar, so she's a least a descendant of the refugees. I'd forgotten she was trapped in the DH. I think they said she was supposed to be like part of MAA's generation of "Masters" (they had a different name though).
    So is Illumina a heroic warrior then? I always assumed she wasn't allied with anyone/faction.

Wanted:

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    So is Illumina a heroic warrior then? I always assumed she wasn't allied with anyone/faction.
    She might have been played more ambiguous like the Faceless One in Vol 3. He used to be in the Council of Wisdom, but things changed without him turning into an outright villain.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I didn't know that she was trapped in the Dark Hemisphere. I always liked to think that she and Dekker were to Duncan and Randor what what Duncan was to Adam but maybe my time-line is off

I just read the ToyFair article, I was expecting it to be a few more pages and have a bit more art, but still really enjoyed the read, wish the bible had been posted or even better the comic got released. I'd seen Emiliano He-Ro pic before but had forgot how much I like it, I love the little touches like the bits on his staff that are like the hilt on the 200x power sword.

Emiliano, when you say Illumina was part of this group do you mean the Guardians of Grayskull or have I read that wrong?
    And you say their is a reason for He-Ro's change/evolution that involved the POG giants could tell us what that was please?

Cheers,
    Matt.

Wanted:

I'm Anime Hyper-Detailed Battle_Brak's Avatar
    Emiliano, thanks for all of the awesome info. I've been pretty negative about the property lately and I have major gripes with Filmation, MYP, and especially the current Mattel team's bios, but you and Val completely understand what MOTU is all about. I really would've loved to see the comic continue in any form, but these tidbits have been fantastic. Even though I know it's highly unlikely anything will ever materialize of this stuff it still has me psyched. Your young Hordak sketch has me more excited about MOTU than anything in the past four years! It's truly awesome.

this may have been covered in the toyfair article..but it seems everyone is privy to some information that i am not..first...the gem seed..where is this from? the POP toon? i don't remember this.
    and infinitia..i've just finished reading the filmation bible, but i don't remember reading anywhere that the concept of infiniti was going to be introduced int he mvcreations comic.
    If this is all in the toyfair magazine..can someone clue me in cuz i've never seen the magazine sold anywhere here so have no idea where to source it.

Light Hope is a Living Spell written in the Book of the Living Spells, the one Eldor carries around. The Book was written by the Ancients and it contains all the Secret of the Universe. The Ancients transcribed the magics used by the Overlords to create the Universe and life, and the book itself is very important in the creation of the Powers of Grayskull (we'll go into that later)

When the First Ones were sent to look for a new world, Eldor and He-Ro gave them one of the Living Spell to aid them in their task: Light Hope.
    It was that powerful spell that "created" life on Etheria. He was much more than just the Crystal Castle Guardian.

Thanks for the info Emiliano!! This is very interesting. I always wondered what the back story for Light Hope was. I always thought that there should have been an episode explaining him like they did with the sorceress in He-Man. Were there ever any plans to show Light Hope in a human form? If so, were there any sketches made? Thanks Again!

How can Lord Bryon be Veena's father when the King of Zalecia was punished for having a child?

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by Jii Dee View Post
    this may have been covered in the toyfair article..but it seems everyone is privy to some information that i am not..first...the gem seed..where is this from? the POP toon? i don't remember this.
    The Starseed shows up in an episode of MOTU called " The Search"
    It's from season one.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    The Starseed shows up in an episode of MOTU called " The Search"
    It's from season one.
    I'm familar with the Star Seed. i actually watched The Search just the other day. The term "gem seed" is new to me though. Unless its supposed to be a fragment of the Star Seed..but again..where did this idea come from..

Great stuff. thank you so much for sharing, Emiliano! While I actually enjoy the nw MOTUC bios and continuity, you, Val, and the gang never cease to impress me with your take as well!

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Don't know how I missed this fantastic thread. Thanks Emiliano for the inside info. I wish Mattel would let you, Val and mvc handle the canon for MOTU. You guys just really have the magic touch with this. So can I ask about your ideas for Faker (aka 'King' He-Man)? How did that anti-world fit into things? Also did you had a grand final destiny in mind for He-Man and Skeletor? I always imagined that in the end Skeletor would have played a vital part in He-Man's destiny - more so than Hordak or any of the other villains. I wonder if there would have been some level of redemption for him or if Skeletor would have stayed bad to the end?

- penny
    Last edited by Penny Dreadful; October 3, 2009 at 05:51pm.

^ Yeah, what happened after Skeletor and Critta were launched off into space at the end of New Adventures?
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Quote Originally Posted by SlyVenom View Post
    How can Lord Bryon be Veena's father when the King of Zalecia was punished for having a child?
    VERY good point!!

Although, maybe Veena was born before he was made a member

He-Ro was an adult when Lord Bryon was a member of the council of wisdom, and He-Ro became King Grayskull, so Veena had to be around He-Ro/King Grayskull's age
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    Okay, there was just a bit too much floating around out there at the moment (in various threads), so I've gone through and compiled a brief encyclopedia-type-thing to keep track of the things Emiliano's been kind enough to share with us thus far about the proposed future of the MVC Comic. I'll try and update as we go, but for now here we are... (If anyone sees any mistakes / notices anything I've missed--Emiliano in particular--please let me know!)

NOTE: This list has been moved to Page 04 of this thread.
    Last edited by Telkan2; October 7, 2009 at 10:54am.
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

awesome collection of the info!!

Just some spelling checks (sorry, I am ocd about spelling)

It's Lord Bryon (Lord Byron was a writer )
    and Infinita (not Infinitia)

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    Thanks, bcrduke, for the notes and the compliment. I went through and made the corrections for Lord Bryon, but before I make the changes to Infinitia / Infinita I'd just like to get some clarification. I've seen it spelled both ways (example below) so I just want to be sure I get it right...

As for Infinitia, going back to the first minicomics and the Filmation bible, we have a period of time durign which the Great Wars occurred.
    During the First Great War, due to the treachery of Nordor, Infinitia was destroyed and fell from its orbit.
    As consequences of this, the Universe lost his balance (formed by the timeless worlds of Eternia and Infinitia) and the Ancients got their powers drained and had to go to rest in the Central Tower's Crypt.

The surviving Gars, Infinita's natives, where taken to Eternia (and here we hinted to the off-world origin of Skeletor without the need of certain "demo"nic entity...)

The burning remains of Infinitia eventually became the Horde World (seen in the POP cartoon) where Horde Prime created the Evil Horde.
    I hope Emiliano will keep offering us insights as his time allows! This is some great stuff!
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook