Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Hordak trapped in Despondos

Quote Originally Posted by Telkan2 View Post
    Thanks, bcrduke, for the notes and the compliment. I went through and made the corrections for Lord Bryon, but before I make the changes to Infinitia / Infinita I'd just like to get some clarification. I've seen it spelled both ways (example below) so I just want to be sure I get it right...
    It's "Infinitia"

I hope Emiliano will keep offering us insights as his time allows! This is some great stuff!
    I will, I just need time to reread through everything and answer all the the questions... I knwo this was spread into 3 different threads... I don't want to ask for more work but have any way you can also add links to those threads, so it will be easier for me and everyone to keep track of them?

Thanks!

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    The compiled list of information has been moved to the last page for expediency's sake...
    Last edited by Telkan2; August 25, 2010 at 12:03pm. Reason: Updated (08.25.10)
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

[QUOTE=bcrduke;2210757]I long hought that it would make sense for Illumina to be Keldor's mother with the panther etc. Something else that I am just wondering about is that in the episode The Power of Grayskull Over Grayskull we see two moons, Infinitia and potentially Etheria? Very much like over Castle Brightmoon with the moons and Angella deriving her power from the moons, thus is there a tie in here with Eternia? [QUOTE]

One of the moons that is over eternia is Phantos as seen in the Filmation "she-demon of Phantos" the other moon we never find out the name. Infinitia is the sister planet that form the the center of the universe. Once Infinitia is drained of its life force and falls out of orbit, I assume that etheria, which is desrcibed as the sister planet to eternia in the filmation series takes that nomencalture but i dont think that it falls in the same realm as center of the universe. Thats why it is difficult to travel back and forth from etheria and eternia and only people like the Socresses, Skelator, Shadow Weaver, etc can create wormholes to travel back and forth. They still need to travel thru the barrier of Desponos. In Terms of the two moons over Etheria, no mention of their names are in any media I have ever seen.

A question though. If Infinita (later Horde World) was inside the barrier of despondos and the center of the universe, wouldn't it be right next to eternia and easy to send the Horde to Eternia, or when Infinita was knocked out of orbit and the Barrier of Desponos was created it was already too far awayto be within that Barrier?

Okay, there was just a bit too much floating around out there at the moment (in various threads), so I've gone through and compiled a brief encyclopedia-type-thing to keep track of the things Emiliano's been kind enough to share with us thus far about the proposed future of the MVC Comic. I'll try and update as we go, but for now here we are... (If anyone sees any mistakes / notices anything I've missed--Emiliano in particular--please let me know!)

NOTE: This list has been moved to Page 04 of this thread.
    Thats great, thanks for doing this
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Mather Tetsudo
    I'm pretty sure Emiliano confirmed a while back that this was a typo and her name is Mother Tetsudo. Awesome, awesome post, BTW!
    Last edited by gbagok; October 8, 2009 at 04:55pm.

Emiliano, ask and ye shall receive! Here is the list I posted on the last page where I've compiled information from various threads (I've deleted the list from the other page already). It's all information confirmed by Emiliano, and none of the speculations. As best as I can recall, it all came from one of the following threads:

Useful job Telkan2!
    The gleam of the Power Sword lights your way as you enter the fantastic world of Eternia...

Out of curiosity, was there ever going to be an explanation for She-Ra's magical shield?
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Hi everyone,

I just got my hands on a copy of ToyFare #143, so I've updated the list I compiled earlier. There's a lot of new stuff up there, so check it out!

Also, I'm terribly afraid that I've killed this thread! I'd love to see this discussion start back up, and for Emiliano to keep answering our questions and offering insights! Help!

Oh, and since this message has been merged with my last, here's what it said originally:

Thanks, gbagok, and I've made the correction.

facet, my impression from what we've been told is two-fold:

1. Infinitia (Horde World) was knocked out of its orbit as a result of Nordor's (Horde Prime's) treachery during the First Great War; thus, it was no longer located at the center of the universe with Eternia--it could be out floating beyond Pluto now, for all we know. And,
    2. It wouldn't have mattered if Infinitia (Horde World) was only a mile away (as the meteor flies) because the Despondos barrier prevents anyone from being able to see / reach whatever is trapped inside. Presumably, said-barrier was only large enough to surround Eternia and its moons--which makes sense because the Council of Wisdom's reason for creating the barrier was solely to keep Nordor's (Horde Prime's) forces from reaching the Starseed (or whatever their goal on Eternia was).

Emiliano, I hope you don't mind, but I have a couple of other specific questions that just came to mind:

1. Did you ever create any sketches to showcase Nordor's (Horde Prime's) original or mechanical bodies?
    2. Also, as others have mentioned, I am curious to know what your plans may have been for Shadow Weaver (or the "Shadow Weavers" as I call the trio of Horde wizards).
    3. In the "Shard of Darkness" storyline, was a decision ever made regarding how much Skeletor and Evil-Lyn knew about that which was contained within the Shakarran Crystal? (It seems to me that Skeletor was aware that a fallen Ancient was trapped within, but did he realize that it was in fact part of Nordor / Horde Prime? And was Evil-Lyn privy to this information as well?)
    4. Who was Schneidor (from the first issue of the second MVC storyline), and what was his connection to the Horde?
    5. The Padaween Stone (same volume / issue) looked very similar to the Cosmic Key seen in a certain live-action movie. Was it the Thenurians (Gwildor's people) that built Schneidor's temple, and if so what was their connection to the Horde?
    6. Was a first name ever toyed with for the Lord of Zalesia? And who was Evil-Lyn's mother?
    Last edited by Telkan2; October 23, 2009 at 04:24pm.

Dark Legacies

Zoar28, Facebook

Hi guys!
    first of all , let me say thank you Telkan2 for collecting all these info!
    Second, let me apoligize for not answering the questions for such a long time.
    I've been totally sucked in the new job and I delayed everything else.
    Any extra time on the .org is spent editing and approving new items on the new site.

But, tonight I have some time off, and I feel like catching up a bit.
    I will start answering questions in this thread, and in the following days, I will go into the other threads Telkan2 listed and check if there were questions there too

So, let's start and don't get mad at me if I make some confusion or forget something.
    Always keep in mind the story I had in mind was just a general layout opened to change all the time. Just a few days ago I discovered some interesting connections in our own story chattign with Eamon, and they totally fit what we had already sketched out!

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    But my favourite bits are the Crystal Castle forming as the First One's plant the gem seed. When She-Ra first enters the Crystal Castle with the other half of the gem seed, while Castle Brightmoon is under attack from Shadow Weaver's spell, the Gem is re-united & She-Ra starts to fulfill her destiny! It gives Light Hopes word's "Welcome She-Ra, Princess of Power, Long Have I Waited For You Coming" so much more meaning!
    That's exactly why we created the story that way. We took what we heard in the cartoon and tried to figure out the meaning of it, finding its place in the grand scheme.

Was the living spell of Light Hope given to the First One's by He-Ro & Eldor what allowed the these travellers to activate the first half of the Gem Seed's power? Becasue in the Toyfair artical it comes across much more like just the fragment of the Star Seed (having being planted within the lifeless plannet) was the catalist for Etheria's birth?
    I think I made some confusion on that during the interview, also because some of these stuff have never been put on paper but it was only talked about.
    Honestly I think I played a bit with the idea of the gem seed being part of the Star Seed, but ended up not doing that. It's still an interesting idea and probably I could find a better exaplanation.
    Right now, the gem on the Sword of Protection and the gem seed were part of He-Ro's staff's gem.
    Anyway, what you said first is about right, it wass the living spell of Light Hope given to the First One's by He-Ro & Eldor that allowed the these travellers to activate the first half of the Gem Seed's power

Lord Bryon-what an intresting character. I would like to know more about him and why his costume has the decoration that She-Ra wears and is associated to the Crystal Castle?
    After He-Ro's death, we wanted to do a story where Veena had to restore the "Honor" of Grayskull due to a treachery put in place by their enemies. That would eventually lead to a first use of the Sword of Protection, that got connected to the word "honor" somehow.

Finally, I really like the info about Skeletor's mother and how she raised Keldor with hate for Miro. Could she be the Enchantress, but then I always thought of her as Evil-Lyns mother? I have been fasinated by the ides of Keldors mother for years! We know Illumina was not his mother, the only other Gar like female I can think of in MOTU is Shokoti, but this wouldn't run in the (Filmation) time line of events. Maybe you are gonna throw us a curve ball with with this and Make Maddam Razz his Mama! (only joking)
    LOL, but no, no Madame Razz as Keldor's mather.
    She wasn't from the past and she wasn't any existing characters.
    Thats' one of the case where I didn't want to force any new connection. Keldor mother would have been a totally new character, from Miro's times (so not from the past).
    She would have been a very interesting character, very bitter and sad.
    But no special powers of connections. She was probably important among Gars, but she wasn't a leader I believe. Count Marzo played a role in that story as well.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Oh, but your design would make such a perfect MOTUC figure as Kur! What was this version of Hordak's origin, BTW? Was he like Saruman to Eldor's Gandalf?
    Pefect comparison gbagok!
    Also because, they were not exactly human or any other living creature, exactly like Tolkien's wizards.
    They were much like Gandalf and Saruman (that was my inspiration), being more connected to the Ancients than to the humans or Gar.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post
    Yeah, Hordaks original self really looks as if he was half Gar. Was that your intention, or was he supposed to be originated from an entirely different race?
    See my previous answer. They are most like second generation Ancients. Not as powerful and more similar to common living beings on the planets

I also dig that the greyish parts of his clothes bear a similarity to some minicomics, where Hordak's armor was colored white.
    I think it was an homage to the regular gray armor he weared in SOTS :-D
    But how were you going to explain the family connection between Hordak, Prince Zed and Horde Prime?
    Connetion with Horde Prime, explained above... Zed.... well I didn't get to deal with that nightmare.
    But we would have worked him in as well for sure!

Speaking of the Horde, wouldn't it have been a huge risk that the Evil Horde sorta "robbed" Skeletor's spotlight as the main villain?
    Not really, it depends on how we tell the story. In Star Wars, the main villain is the emperor, but the focus always remained on Darth Vader.
    So it would have worked the same for MOTU.
    Skeletor would always be the center of the story with He-Man, even if there is a lot more out there...

When Infitia and Horde World are the very same planet... could it also be Denebria in the future? I always thought that Eternia would become Primus and that Denebria once was Etheria before its citizens destroyed themselves (I like to stick with Denebria's story that was shown in one of the European NA comics). But it would seem logical that a lifeless planet such as Infitia one day might have regained enough "power" to become a world not unlike Denebria.
    Although I had ideas about the New Adventures, I didn't want to make an extra connection (even if, now that you make me think of, the Nordor satellite, which is of course related to Horde Prime) may have had some extra connection with Denebria... hmmm how interesting!
    Anyway, the original plan was to keep Denebria and Primus separated from Eternia and Infinitia, also because one day Etheria will take the place of Infinita!
    More info about the New Adventures below...

I don't think that I would've liked the "relationship" between Keldor/Skeletor and Evil-Lyn. Keldor first being her adoptive father (btw, seems there's a trend in MotU villains adopting female babies), then falling in love with a grown-up Lyn... that's rather bizarre. But maybe that's just me, since I also never favored Adam and Teela falling in love with each other, since both were raised sorta like brother and sister, whereas Adam and Adora met for the first time when they were teenagers, and... dear God, I better stop before this gets really ugly!
    LOL, I don't think Keldor kept Evil-Lyn and actully raised her till she was an adult.
    I think he raised her for a few years, probably till she was 4 or 5 and at one point she was reunited with the Faceless One until we met her again as an adult in "The Price of Deceit" (was that the epdisode?). Wow, that would have been another interesting story to tell!

Quote Originally Posted by Wacky Martin View Post
    Oh, and I love how you used Nordor - may I ask, apart from this, was there anything else from the New Adventures that you planned to use?
    Yeah, I had some ideas. Something that would probably makes Jack Olesker a little upset, because I wanted to take a totally different approach to the story :-) We'll go back on that another time.
    But, the NA would have been part of our timeline and they would have taken place at one point in Adam's life.
    Since Homecoming though, I had this idea that one of Skeletor's Enchmen was actually coming from the future, and he was sent from Denebria to seek out and destroy the "champion of the past" before he could join the Guardian of the Galaxy on Primus.
    Yeah, very "Terminator" style.
    Oddly enough, this character got a new name in the MYP series, a name that bear some resemblance to the latin word for "time"... Yeah, that coincidence really blown me away when I first heard that name!
    Can you guess who he is?

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    my last question, for now, is this: Nordor turned into the spirit in the Shakkaran Crystal AND Horde Prime, right? Not Hordak?
    Yes!
    Nordor split himself in two. Part became Horde Prima and part was imprisoned in the Shakarran Christal.
    So it's correct to say the Unnamed was imprisoned in the Crystal, not Hordak.

Quote Originally Posted by AnywhereIs
    That means then that She-ra is descended from Veena?
    She is as much Adam is of course.
    Veena got's He-ro's baby and the bloodline goes from there.

Thus if we are to put all of this together, does Koduk Ungar have a place within this ?
    Kudok Ungol was another Sorceress of Grayskull but she wasn't related to the Grayskulls

The other thing is if She-ra was to be linked with Sharadella (?1) Who is Sharaillia? I am lost! Can some one tell me more about Sharella? I am intrigued.
    I think I dropped a few notes about Sharella in these thread.
    Anyway, going from Mattel's 1987 style guide Sharella was a tribal chieftan who raised He-Ro with Eldor.
    She was going to be part of the POG series and I like to think she's the woman we see in Megator's box art.
    But I'm pretty sure that was just a placeholder and her design wasn't finalized.

A couple more things in our story: she's the leader of the Tribe of the Green Tigers.
    The tribe got its name because they rides these ferocious giant green tigers with yellow stripes, called "battle cats" and the build maks and armor for them.
    Sharella's tiger was an albino and her son was the battle cat that merged with the spirit of the Guardian Lion of the Central Tower to become King Grayskull's Battle Lion! ;-)

In that episode, the close of that woman with the obvious sword just seems like there was more for this character on the horizon?
    Not that I know of. Maybe the director just like her and put her more in front of the camera...

Do you mind if I ask you what was mentioned about She-ra for Season 1?
    All I heard were some talks about Adora being Adams cousin hidden in a village on Eternia.
    You know, I'm desperately trying to forget that! :-D

And where did Shadow Weaver fall in all of this with Adora, Despondos etc?
    I think we would have kept Shadow Weaver's origins exaclty as in the Filmation series.

Something else that I am just wondering about is that in the episode The Power of Grayskull Over Grayskull we see two moons, Infinitia and potentially Etheria? Very much like over Castle Brightmoon with the moons and Angella deriving her power from the moons, thus is there a tie in here with Eternia?
    Someone replied to that :-)
    I'm also pretty sure MYP wasn't being consistent with moons in the backagrounds.
    For sure I wans't when I was drawing the comic! :-D

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Emiliano said the Gar were the refugees, and Illumina is a Gar, so she's a least a descendant of the refugees. I'd forgotten she was trapped in the DH. I think they said she was supposed to be like part of MAA's generation of "Masters" (they had a different name though).
    Yep, exactly and they were the Guardians of Grayskull, a secret society.

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    So is Illumina a heroic warrior then? I always assumed she wasn't allied with anyone/faction.
    Yes, she was totally heroic! But really cold blooded

Quote Originally Posted by claw guy 3 View Post
    I didn't know that she was trapped in the Dark Hemisphere. I always liked to think that she and Dekker were to Duncan and Randor what what Duncan was to Adam but maybe my time-line is off
    A bit off :-) In fact you are right, she teached to Dunca with Dekker (but Dekker was the ful time mentor) before remaining trapped in the dark emisphere.

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Emiliano, when you say Illumina was part of this group do you mean the Guardians of Grayskull or have I read that wrong?
    Yep, see above :-)
    And you say their is a reason for He-Ro's change/evolution that involved the POG giants could tell us what that was please?
    I think I mentioned it in another thread, anyway: Giant's blood is magical, but lethal if drunk by humans.
    At one point, He-Ro had been wounded. Eldor decided the only thing that could heal him was the giant's blood. Maybe Gray's exposure to the Star Seed's powers would have protected his life while letting the blood heal his wound.
    The Giant most loyal to the Graykull family donated his blood. The blood saved He-Ro and didn't kill him, but transormed his body forever
    And the giant was...

Quote Originally Posted by Jii Dee View Post
    this may have been covered in the toyfair article..but it seems everyone is privy to some information that i am not..first...the gem seed..where is this from? the POP toon?
    Nope, we created that concept making it parts of the gem on He-Ro's staff.

and infinitia..i've just finished reading the filmation bible, but i don't remember reading anywhere that the concept of infiniti was going to be introduced int he mvcreations comic.
    You didn't read it because it wasn't written anywhere. This is the first time we're revealing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sea Hawk View Post
    Were there ever any plans to show Light Hope in a human form? If so, were there any sketches made? Thanks Again!
    No, because, being him a living spell, what we see in the cartoon is he's actual form :-)

Quote Originally Posted by SlyVenom View Post
    How can Lord Bryon be Veena's father when the King of Zalecia was punished for having a child?
    Good catch.
    That's something that needed some work! :-D

So can I ask about your ideas for Faker (aka 'King' He-Man)? How did that anti-world fit into things?
    That's something on which Val cna shed more light, maybe he'll chime in and say saomething.

Also did you had a grand final destiny in mind for He-Man and Skeletor? I always imagined that in the end Skeletor would have played a vital part in He-Man's destiny - more so than Hordak or any of the other villains. I wonder if there would have been some level of redemption for him or if Skeletor would have stayed bad to the end?
    Me and Val had different point of view on that. I wanted to see some sort of redemption, Val wanted him to chose to stay evil at the end.
    So , who knows. We wanted an end, with a final confrontation with Nordor involving She-Ra and Hordak as well.
    And Skeletor would have played a big part regardless.
    If it was me, he would have been the one ending the conflict.
    I had this sequence in mind, probably the very last issue, where He-Man and She-Ra finally kill Hordak and then He-Man turns back to Adam, give the sword to Skeletor that invokes the Power of Grayskull!
    He's transformed in something new and somehow, after many year, he's face hes' restored to his young self.
    But there is no time to be happy for that as Keldor sacrifice himslef stabbing Nordor inside his giant mechanical body and dying in the explosion that ends the Horde empire forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    ^ Yeah, what happened after Skeletor and Critta were launched off into space at the end of New Adventures?
    He-Man wasn't immediatly able to return to his time, so he went off in space looking for Eternia in the future.
    But he also had to face the truth about Primus and Denebria, discovering maybe this time he was on the wrong side...

Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    A question though. If Infinita (later Horde World) was inside the barrier of despondos and the center of the universe, wouldn't it be right next to eternia and easy to send the Horde to Eternia, or when Infinita was knocked out of orbit and the Barrier of Desponos was created it was already too far awayto be within that Barrier?
    Yes, Infinitia was knocked out of the horbit before the barrier was put in place by Hordak when he fought King Grayskull.
    Despondos only contain Eternia and its moons.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Out of curiosity, was there ever going to be an explanation for She-Ra's magical shield?
    No, I don't think we had something planned about that.
    But I would have liked to keep it separated from the sword this time :-)

I hope you don't mind, but I have a couple of other specific questions that just came to mind:
    Did you ever create any sketches to showcase Nordor's (Horde Prime's) original or mechanical bodies?
    Yes, there are not finished by any means but I did. Sometimes I will dig them up and post them.

Also, as others have mentioned, I am curious to know what your plans may have been for Shadow Weaver (or the "Shadow Weavers" as I call the trio of Horde wizards).
    See my answer above :-)

In the "Shard of Darkness" storyline, was a decision ever made regarding how much Skeletor and Evil-Lyn knew about that which was contained within the Shakarran Crystal? (It seems to me that Skeletor was aware that a fallen Ancient was trapped within, but did he realize that it was in fact part of Nordor / Horde Prime? And was Evil-Lyn privy to this information as well?)
    They knew something, but not everything.
    Skeletor was probably sospecting something having been there at that time, and Lyn may have learnt someting at her father's house.

Who was Schneidor (from the first issue of the second MVC storyline), and what was his connection to the Horde?
    That's another question for Val

The Padaween Stone (same volume / issue) looked very similar to the Cosmic Key seen in a certain live-action movie. Was it the Thenurians (Gwildor's people) that built Schneidor's temple, and if so what was their connection to the Horde?
    I think it all started as an homage, also to do with the fact that the liquid was needed to activate the gates.
    We had plans for the Thenurians and the Scheneidor's temple was part of that. But maybe it wasn't exaclty a temple originally...

Was a first name ever toyed with for the Lord of Zalesia? And who was Evil-Lyn's mother?
    No name was thought unfortunately. EL's mather was not an existiing character, just the love interest for the Faceless one. If we had chance we would have developed something for her for sure :-)

Whew!
    That's it for tonight, I have a daunting job waiting for me toorrow so I'll better go to sleep now.
    Hope you'll enjoy this round of questions and thank you so much for the kind words about our stories!

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    I had this idea that one of Skeletor's Enchmen was actually coming from the future, and he was sent from Denebria to seek out and destroy the "champion of the past" before he could join the Guardian of the Galaxy on Primus.
    Oddly enough, this character got a new name in the MYP series, a name that bear some resemblance to the latin word for "time"... Yeah, that coincidence really blown me away when I first heard that name!
    Can you guess who he is?
    The only one i can think of off the top of my head is Kronis (Trap Jaw) which is very similar to the word Chronos, which i think is Greek?? for time. I remember him trying to over throw Skeletor in the comic, maybe this being the only way he could think of to capture the champion, by taking over the world?? Certainly he does bear a bit of resemblance to the Terminator.

Always great to hear from you Emiliano.

I like how you are sticking to He-Man having to come to grips with how he dealt with things on Primus. Very similar to your "Homecoming" story. I also prefer Skeletor becoming more "neutral" like you had him in "Homecoming" after the events in the future. It was a great way to evolve the character and with Hordak and Hsss, it's not like he was needed as a third protagonist.

Tempus is the latin word for time.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

If Noah was Hordak's teacher and helped to construct central tower, and also following from Hordak's comparrison to Gandalf and Saruman, this would make Noah an Ancient, and contemporary of Nordor, right? Who were the other ancients? Were there any more stories planned for them? Were they to return when balance was restored to the universe?

Yep, I meant the greek "Chronos", not latin, replying at late night and with flu isn't totally good :-D

Since Homecoming though, I had this idea that one of Skeletor's Enchmen was actually coming from the future, and he was sent from Denebria to seek out and destroy the "champion of the past" before he could join the Guardian of the Galaxy on Primus.
    Can you guess who he is?
    As others pointed out, it's gotta be Kronis / Trap Jaw.
    Would these plans have played into what you were going to do with the "Warrior's Rings"? I could imagine that in order to get close to the "champion of the past", Kronis somehow managed to join the Guardians of Grayskull. And at one point, Man-At-Arms found out about Kronis' treachery, or Kronis revealed his true purpose - maybe he tried to kill baby Adam? That also could've been the point in time where Kronis lost his legs (he already had artificial ones when Keldor attacked the Hall of Wisdom).

A couple more things in our story: she's the leader of the Tribe of the Green Tigers.
    The tribe got its name because they rides these ferocious giant green tigers with yellow stripes, called "battle cats" and the build maks and armor for them.
    Sharella's tiger was an albino and her son was the battle cat that merged with the spirit of the Guardian Lion of the Central Tower to become King Grayskull's Battle Lion! ;-)
    Holy cow! I always was bummed that we never saw any other green tigers aside of Cringer. This would've been really nice!

Me and Val had different point of view on that. I wanted to see some sort of redemption, Val wanted him to chose to stay evil at the end.
    So , who knows. We wanted an end, with a final confrontation with Nordor involving She-Ra and Hordak as well.
    And Skeletor would have played a big part regardless.
    If it was me, he would have been the one ending the conflict.
    I had this sequence in mind, probably the very last issue, where He-Man and She-Ra finally kill Hordak and then He-Man turns back to Adam, give the sword to Skeletor that invokes the Power of Grayskull!
    He's transformed in something new and somehow, after many year, he's face hes' restored to his young self.
    But there is no time to be happy for that as Keldor sacrifice himslef stabbing Nordor inside his giant mechanical body and dying in the explosion that ends the Horde empire forever.
    The way I saw it, it always seemed logical for Skeletor to "redeem" himself in the end. I ain't sure if killing Nordor would be the best way. The villain sacrificing himself in order to overpower an even bigger evil has been done too often IMO. I guess I rather would've let Skeletor kill Hordak and leave it to He-Man and She-Ra to destroy Hordes Prime.
    I always kinda liked the idea that - after the "final battle" - Skeletor would become the Guardian of Grayskull, accepting his skullface as the price for his wrongdoings and giving in to the strange coincidence that he looks exactly like the place he tried to conquer for so long. Though he might be able to transform into Keldor and only keeps using the Skeletor persona in order to frighten unwelcomed intruders.

One thing I wonder regarding the final battle, though... would the Snake Men have no place in there? In the minicomics, they were revealed to be another space-travelling empire, having conquered other worlds before Eternia - which most likely would've confronted them with the Horde at one point. Did you have any plans for that aspect, as well?

He-Man wasn't immediatly able to return to his time, so he went off in space looking for Eternia in the future.
    But he also had to face the truth about Primus and Denebria, discovering maybe this time he was on the wrong side...
    Whoa, that's what I always wanted to be revealed regarding the NA, but never expected to happen for real! Being heavily inspired by the European comics, it always seemed rather suspicious to me that the Galactic Guardians never really seemed interested at helping Denebria's deformed and starving citizens.
    And Flogg always was more to me than an evil space pirate only bent on gaining riches... .

Oh, and regarding the Ancients... wouldn't Procrustus classify as an Ancient/Demigod, as well?
    Last edited by Sir Reilly; October 24, 2009 at 09:59am.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Cool answers Emiliano, very informative. But I thought the whole of He-Ro's Staff was made from a protion of the star seed (gem included), thats why I thought the gem seed was also a part of the star seed because in your interview in toy fair you said the original staff was made from the starseed before it was melted down into the swords of power and protection. Is the gem on top of He-Ro's staff from somewhere else? In the interview your answer reads like the whole of He-Ro's staff came from the star seed.

Final question, if Nordor (as an achient) knew Adam & Adora were destined to become He-Man & She-Ra how then did their identies remain secret in your story. When Adora turned against the Horde surely Horde Prime would have simply instructed Hordak to Kill the prince & princess while in there untransformed state? Maybe when Nordor was split into Horde Prime & The beast in the Sharkarian crystal he lost asscee to his full knowledge as an achient. I can't think of anyother way it would have worked out. This would also tie in with what the Sorceress said in SOTS when she said " he knew they were both destined for something special, but he didn't know exactly what!"
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    Cool answers Emiliano, very informative. But I thought the whole of He-Ro's Staff was made from a protion of the star seed (gem included), thats why I thought the gem seed was also a part of the star seed because in your interview in toy fair you said the original staff was made from the starseed before it was melted down into the swords of power and protection. Is the gem on top of He-Ro's staff from somewhere else? In the interview your answer reads like the whole of He-Ro's staff came from the star seed.

Final question, if Nordor (as an achient) knew Adam & Adora were destined to become He-Man & She-Ra how then did their identies remain secret in your story. When Adora turned against the Horde surely Horde Prime would have simply instructed Hordak to Kill the prince & princess while in there untransformed state? Maybe when Nordor was split into Horde Prime & The beast in the Sharkarian crystal he lost asscee to his full knowledge as an achient. I can't think of anyother way it would have worked out. This would also tie in with what the Sorceress said in SOTS when she said " he knew they were both destined for something special, but he didn't know exactly what!"
    In line with this idea, it's been a while since i read the comic, but didn't the unnamed one in the crystal know Adam was he-man?

Awesome answers, Emil! I'm glad it was Kronis, I was racking my brian to think of someone with a name like Tempus. So was it Kronis then who picked up the shard at the very end of Shard of Darkness? If not him, who?

Also the info about Veena and the Swor of Protection has me wondering: is she connected to Angella somehow too? Would you have brought back Angella's kingdom in Mizar (with winged people like her), or was she to have been a unique being descendant from Veena (and therefore another distant relative of the Sorceress, Teela, and She-Ra and He-man)?

Dynasty Masters Universe DynastyMasters's Avatar
    Is Despondos mentioned anywhere in the original MOTU comics or cartoons? Or is this a name they came up with just for the new series?
    Last edited by DynastyMasters; October 25, 2009 at 10:00am.
    DYNASTY AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE
    http://www.dynastyandthemastersofthe...e.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by DynastyMasters View Post
    Is Despondos mentioned anywhere in the original MOTU comics or cartoons
    Nope!
    The gleam of the Power Sword lights your way as you enter the fantastic world of Eternia...

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Thank you for the informative responses Emiliano. Very epic, wonderful stuff!

Hi guys!
    first of all , let me say thank you Telkan2 for collecting all these info!
    Hey, no worries--I'm having a ball doing it! Hope you're feeling better, by the way!

Just so everyone knows, I've updated it according to the latest info from Emiliano. It's getting a bit long (not that I mind, though), so I'm considering breaking it up into Heroes / Villains / Locations, etc. Or, I could just leave it as a straight-forward alphabetized list. What are your thoughts, folks?

Lastly, another couple of questions:

Emiliano...

1) Can you shed some light on Marlena's origins? Also, was she the descendant of Grayskull's bloodline, or was it Randor--I've seen conflicting answers over the years?

2) What about the Sorceress--can you tell us anymore about her, and what you may have had planned in that regard?

Thanks!
    Brett
    Last edited by Telkan2; October 27, 2009 at 01:04am.

Dark Legacies

Zoar28, Facebook

Thanks for taking time to answer all our questions Emiliano it must of take ages.
    I'm glad to here you wanted to end with a final confrontation but I'm not keen on the redemption idea, I agree with Val that skelly should stay evil to the end.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

It looks like my question was answered in Adora's bio for her MOTUC figure. Etheria is in Despondos.

One more question, though, who was the Red Knight (Queen Angela recognized his voice). Thanks Emiliano!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sea Hawk View Post
    It looks like my question was answered in Adora's bio for her MOTUC figure. Etheria is in Despondos.
    Only in MOTUC! Remember, there's a difference between MOTUC's take and what MVC was planning.

I hate the idea of Etheria being in Despondos, they should MOTUC should have used Emilliano's idea regarding Despondos.