Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC BIOS: Which CHARACTERS should be from EARTH?

MOTUC BIOS: Which CHARACTERS should be from EARTH?

Oh man, I can feel the backlash already, and see the first reply: "NONE!"

But seriously, let's just say you HAD TO CHOOSE a few characters from the MOTU-verse to originate from Earth... Who would they be? Why would you choose them?

Feel free to get creative and add you own mini-bio for them like the ones found on the new MOTUC cardbacks, including their Name, Real Name, Title, and brief Bio/Background.

I will go ahead and just mention a first few off the top of my head (although I have thought about this idea before.)

First I say...

Queen Marlena: Queen of Eternia! / Chief United Earth Astronaut!

Bio: [ ...I think we know the gist of it already... ]

Rio Blast: Heroic Transforming Gunslinger! / Heroic Cyborg Gunslinger! ...from Earth!

Former Title: Detective Lubic

Bio: A former detective from 20th century Earth, James Lubic found himself in the instrumental role of returning his then newly acquainted extraterrestrial heroic friends, back to their home planet, Eternia. Unbeknownst to him, that also meant his ultimately permanent departure from his own home planet, Earth. Lubic did eventually find peace and his place on Eternia, fighting alongside He-Man and other new heroic friends, against the evil forces of Skeletor! During one such battle against Skeletor and his menacing evil warriors, Lubic gets struck a nearly fatal blast by the three-eyed villain Tri-Klops. Fortunately, Duncan is able to save his life, repairing his mutilated body with some cybernetic organic parts, furthermore, Duncan gave Lubic the option to upgrade his powers with state-of-the-art built-in cyber-organic weaponry, which he agreed to, along with an accompanying look based on the style of his greatest childhood fascination – the "old west" – and accordingly settles on his new battle name: RIO BLAST!

Next up?
    Wun-Dar!
    and
    Jitsu!

I'm gonna have to think on these two for awhile, but I think they're definitely two good candidates to originate from Earth!
    – No comment.

I may have some details mixed up.. but I remember reading somewhere that at one point During MOTU's developemnet Evil Lyn and Beastman were Marlena's crew members. I also seem to remember that Evil Lyn's real name was Evelyn Powers.

While I am okay with Marlena being from Earth, I prefer to think that she is unique in that respect - the only earthling to live on Eternia. I guess I'll always default to Filmation cannon since that was the main focus for me as a kid.

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    Yes, if Matty Legal can swing her being from Earth, yes Queen Marlena, of the house of Randor, nee Marlena Glenn.

Eldor: perhaps one of the first Earthmen to ever set foot on Eternia, bringing with him the ways of the ancients.

Blade: always did seem pirate-esque.

That's all I've got for now.

N...!
    Hum... Sorry

Heroic Warrior
    Queen Marlena should be from Earth.

Rio Blast should be too. Everyone has a problem with Cowboys on Eternia... Fine, Bring him from Earth! Earth present, earth Past Whatever. Man-At-Arms upgrades and there you go!

Lubic. Though the bio was cool... I wouldn't want Rio to be Lubic. Rio has Hair...

Quote Originally Posted by upinout202 View Post
    I may have some details mixed up.. but I remember reading somewhere that at one point During MOTU's developemnet Evil Lyn and Beastman were Marlena's crew members. I also seem to remember that Evil Lyn's real name was Evelyn Powers.

While I am okay with Marlena being from Earth, I prefer to think that she is unique in that respect - the only earthling to live on Eternia. I guess I'll always default to Filmation cannon since that was the main focus for me as a kid.
    Yes I believe you're right, but not quite sure where exactly those origins come from... And I too default to Filmation for the most part, but these new bios are supposed to kinda be all-encompassing. But Filmation is tops for me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon-O View Post
    Yes, if Matty Legal can swing her being from Earth, yes Queen Marlena, of the house of Randor, nee Marlena Glenn.

Eldor: perhaps one of the first Earthmen to ever set foot on Eternia, bringing with him the ways of the ancients.

Blade: always did seem pirate-esque.

That's all I've got for now.
    Good ideas! I like the idea anout Eldor! ...and Blade!
    Quote Originally Posted by Khror View Post
    N...!
    Hum... Sorry
    **shakes fist**
    Thanks for resisting!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Queen Marlena should be from Earth.

Rio Blast should be too. Everyone has a problem with Cowboys on Eternia... Fine, Bring him from Earth! Earth present, earth Past Whatever. Man-At-Arms upgrades and there you go!

Lubic. Though the bio was cool... I wouldn't want Rio to be Lubic. Rio has Hair...
    LOL! Cool thanks!
    Yeah I thought about that, but in all honesty, if Man-At-Arms can supply him with cyber-organic weaponry, then I wouldn't think that a little "hair restoration" is too far fetched.
    Anyway, I'm ok with a few minor changes in look or appearance, especially with a character like Lubic, who I never really liked until I came up with this idea to incorporate him into the MOTUC mythology.
    Last edited by Neutro; August 28, 2009 at 03:01am.
    – No comment.

Always thought marlena should be from earth, as giving heman a human/eternian background was what made him the most powerful aspect out of all his descendents as he was the only one who wasn't purely eternian
    Making sure the vintage line is fully reproduced in the classics line

Positive trades; Nightcraw

Quote Originally Posted by vid.tracey View Post
    Always thought marlena should be from earth, as giving heman a human/eternian background was what made him the most powerful aspect out of all his descendents as he was the only one who wasn't purely eternian
    ...which also means he would never have that innate desire to take complete control over it (Eternia) one day?
    Um yeah, just a thought.
    – No comment.

Please NOooo...

Sorry, but I always hated the idea behind having any earth ties with the MOTU's universe... I mean what's the point of having ex-earth beings roaming that unique fantasy world anyways?
    We already have way too many other earth based fantasy stories/lines to fiddle with, please keep MOTU line a little special...

IMO, no one should be from earth, period!
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

I have always liked the star-comic movie special version of MOTU - story. In that comic it was revealed that all the humans on Eternia have once come from earth eternities ago. It does explain why they speak English on Eternia, and why there are human's there.

I would like Marlena to be from earth. And Lubic figure I would also love. Though I would not like it if Lubic became RioBlast. For me they are two different characters. But this all said, I would like to see ALOT more of the MOTU - characters to have roots on another planet, galaxy or a dimension. MOTU stands for Masters of the Universe, and it kinda waters it down if all the people who battle are from one planet.

Heidi
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Darkkosis View Post
    Please NOooo...

Sorry, but I always hated the idea behind having any earth ties with the MOTU's universe... I mean what's the point of having ex-earth beings roaming that unique fantasy world anyways?
    We already have way too many other earth based fantasy stories/lines to fiddle with, please keep MOTU line a little special...

IMO, no one should be from earth, period!
    Your valid opinion has been duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
    I have always liked the star-comic movie special version of MOTU - story. In that comic it was revealed that all the humans on Eternia have once come from earth eternities ago. It does explain why they speak English on Eternia, and why there are human's there.

I would like Marlena to be from earth. And Lubic figure I would also love. Though I would not like it if Lubic became RioBlast. For me they are two different characters. But this all said, I would like to see ALOT more of the MOTU - characters to have roots on another planet, galaxy or a dimension. MOTU stands for Masters of the Universe, and it kinda waters it down if all the people who battle are from one planet.

Heidi
    So then, would you still like Rio to be from Earth? Because I think he is a prime candidate.

The bolded point I whole-heartedly agree with!
    – No comment.

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    Marlena and that's about it. It adds to her character making her more significant, but having too many characters from Earth would decrease that significance all over again.

I half agree with Heidi that it's Masters of the UNIVERSE hence there should be beings from all over not just one planet. However I don't like the idea of Eternians being descended from Earthlings. Why should it be that a type of life form only develops on one planet in the Universe?
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Quote Originally Posted by Neutro View Post
    So then, would you still like Rio to be from Earth? Because I think he is a prime candidate.

The bolded point I whole-heartedly agree with!
    I grew up reading UK-Comics MOTU stories. In those stories Rio Blast's origin was revealed. I can't remember the planet he came from, but it was a planet with cowboys and indians. Well, it does sound corny, sure, but it's the origin I learned to know for Rio!

But, if it stated in his bio that he's from earth, I could live with that! But I still hope he's not Lubic. Sorceress could do a reverse spell on what Skeletor did with summoning the evil from 5 dimensions (ScareGlow's bio). One of those fighters for good could be one of the western-heroes from earth who then has an accident and is put back together by MAA. Or something like that. That I could live with.

Heidi
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Destruction View Post
    Marlena and that's about it. It adds to her character making her more significant, but having too many characters from Earth would decrease that significance all over again.

I half agree with Heidi that it's Masters of the UNIVERSE hence there should be beings from all over not just one planet. However I don't like the idea of Eternians being descended from Earthlings. Why should it be that a type of life form only develops on one planet in the Universe?
    Then I suppose you would also be against Eternia actually being a VERY ANCIENT Earth or, as I like to view it, a VERY, VERY, DISTANT FUTURE Earth. So far into the future that one would be hard-pressed to find any physical/geographic resemblance between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
    I grew up reading UK-Comics MOTU stories. In those stories Rio Blast's origin was revealed. I can't remember the planet he came from, but it was a planet with cowboys and indians. Well, it does sound corny, sure, but it's the origin I learned to know for Rio!

But, if it stated in his bio that he's from earth, I could live with that! But I still hope he's not Lubic. Sorceress could do a reverse spell on what Skeletor did with summoning the evil from 5 dimensions (ScareGlow's bio). One of those fighters for good could be one of the western-heroes from earth who then has an accident and is put back together by MAA. Or something like that. That I could live with.

Heidi
    Cool. I like that idea about the reverse spell! As for Rio, I'd say it's obvious that he came from whatever planet "Bravestarr" is from!
    Last edited by Neutro; August 28, 2009 at 04:14am.
    – No comment.

I also prefer to see Queen Marlena from Earth!

Cool idea to have Rio Blast from Earth as well,
    but I really dislike him as Lubic.
    It doesn't match at all imo.

Master of Gardening MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Destruction View Post
    Marlena and that's about it.
    I agree with most people in that Queen Marlena should be the only earthling. I think that adds to her unique character.
    CONGRATS to the 7 Lucky Winners of my
    FREE Club Etheria Sub Figure Giveaway!!!

Double Mischief = Minor
    Madame Razz = Uncle Jake
    Entrapta = SorceressSon
    October figure = SunDevil
    November figure = Ealo
    December figure = yodafreakmaster
    Light Hope SUB EXCLUSIVE = McLaughlin2778

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neutro View Post
    rio blast: Heroic transforming gunslinger! / heroic cyborg gunslinger! ...from earth!

former title: Detective lubic
    Ehhmmm, no, please, no. Rio Blast is eternian.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Hunter View Post
    Ehhmmm, no, please, no. Rio Blast is eternian.
    Really? Hmmm... I dunno, but if you ask me he's the most Earth-looking and sounding of them all – he's a "cowboy/sheriff" and his name is "Rio!"

Ok, ok, I guess you could point out other Earth originating names like Duncan, and... and... umm... well aside from Adam, who wouldn't count, I can't think of any others.
    – No comment.

none. eternia just seems less fantastic if it can conceivably be reached from earth.

Just Marlena & Lubic. That's more than enough.

Quote Originally Posted by upinout202 View Post
    You were reading the book "New Champions of Eternia" from the Golden Heroic Champions series. Skeletor, Evil-Lyn, Beast Man and Tri-Klops disguise themselves as stranded space travelers and approach He-Man as friends. Respectively they changed their names to Steelork (sounds like something from WOW), Nyvelli (a Warrior Maiden from Thundercats?), Abstanem (talk with your doctor and do not take with alcohol), and Potskril (the new way to smoke it)!

Marlena recognized everyone but Skeletor to be former crew members on her ship who landed on the dark side of Eternia. Powers and Dr. Scope (Tri-Klops) were scientists and Biff Beastman was a technician. Interesting concept and could make a decent story if the evil warriors did pose as Marlena's crew and resurfaced, but not so great on the origins. So, I'm all about keeping Marlena as the only one from Earth for the time being. We need to get her as a figure first though.

At least now we know where Mattel picked up Tri-Klops' real name.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I think Marlena should be from Eternia. In fact, leave Earth out of MOTUC altogether.

Leave the galactic interplanetary stuff to New Adventures.

Man the Bio with Rio Blast being Lubic is awsome. Dont see why no one likes it. It makes sense to me and it explains what happened to Lubic after the end of the movie. Good job Neutro!
    People sleep peaceably at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I'm sorry. I'm from the NO EARTH camp. That's one thing I liked about the 200X line. MOTUC was a separate existance from Earth like Star Wars. Made things more possible. I like the ideas of technology and science co-existing and savage animals don't talk.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    I would be ok with Queen Marlena being from Earth, just to match up with the Filmation series. But other than that, I would prefer that none of the rest come from Earth.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos: