Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Filmation premiere episodes: The Greatest Adventures of All & Skeletor's Revenge

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    To see a full "Diamond Ray of Disappearance" episode, yeah you need to get an old VHS-release.

During the 90s, Hallmark owned the He-Man library of Filmation episodes and they digitized them.
    Then they went to Entertainment Rights who released them on DVD with BCI. BCI did all the work for the DVDs and they would have gladly used Orko commercial bumpers from quality VHS-rips and the "Greatest Adventures of All" but they could only use the material that was digitized by Hallmark, which didn't include the VHS-specials or Commercial-bumpers. That's why they are not released in the DVD-releases.
    What's missing in the DVD release of "Diamond Ray of Disappearance"?
    Successful transactions with PaulJustice, bobshumway, SonofKeldor, Eterniandreams, Xavion, darksword, Epizo1, sublimesting, He-Man54, Mysterio, Umbloo, Lich Leech, greenstar1981, crimsondragon, Man-E-MoodZ, yakkotank, Jaakub, Is-rael, yodafreakmaster, stratosfear, Mulletor, racer x, IceyCat, levi2007, motu77, Grayskull Guardsman, Namkia34, Turk81, jscott991, enoch, Wes2882.

The VHS release shows Orko's levitating base falling on his head and saving him from being hit by the diamond ray. Also, some introductory footage where the sorceress introduces some of the main characters.
    Those who can master the kairu can become all-powerful Redakai

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by manticore View Post
    The VHS release shows Orko's levitating base falling on his head and saving him from being hit by the diamond ray. Also, some introductory footage where the sorceress introduces some of the main characters.
    The narration of Sorceress in-between episodes is exclusive to "The Greatest Adventures of All". (which has never been digitized)

But in the final digitized version found on DVD of "Diamond Ray of Disappearance" episode, there is a missing scene.
    Busta Toons shows the scene in screencaps for those that have only seen the episode on DVD (and may not own it on VHS)
    http://bustatoons.blogspot.com/2011/...ing-scene.html
    He-Man & She-Ra fan and contributor to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Yeah, I barely remember either of these. I haven't been able to find the VHS cheap. Heck, my vcr isn't even hooked up anyway. I've almost given up on getting them.

Wasn't it one of these two VHS releases where they say 'Masters Of the Universe' when they are showing the villains during the intro?

Yeah, I barely remember either of these. I haven't been able to find the VHS cheap. Heck, my vcr isn't even hooked up anyway. I've almost given up on getting them.

Wasn't it one of these two VHS releases where they say 'Masters Of the Universe' when they are showing the villains during the intro?
    That's on the VHS release that contains "Dragon invasion".
    Brings doom to MOTUC with cel accuracy.

Heroic Warrior
    Well surely at some point these specials and the bumpers can be digitized and released it can't be that much compared to the profit to be made from fans that want a complete He-Man collection.

Greatest adventure is available on Amazon for reasonable prices.
    Skeletor's revenge is also available there but for about 21$.
    Though who knows if any of the tapes are in good quality or if they don't have taped over bits.
    Last edited by Grimbot; February 14, 2012 at 04:24pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbot View Post
    Greatest adventure is available on Amazon for reasonable prices.
    Skeletor's revenge is also available there but for about 21$.
    Though who knows if any of the tapes are in good quality or if they don't have taped over bits.
    They're out there on DVD. I transferred both from an original tape, the GAOA I owned as a kid, excellent condition, the SR I got from ebay years ago. I gave them away at the org gathering at SDCC. You might be able to find a person to copy it if you've never seen it. I'd offer it myself, but I no longer use discs and have no burners.
    www.toyjesus.com
    All your MOTU Sticker and Instruction needs!

Yeah, I can't really justify spending any money on motu right now. I'm on a toy biz x-men binge

Quote Originally Posted by Toyjesus View Post
    They're out there on DVD. I transferred both from an original tape, the GAOA I owned as a kid, excellent condition, the SR I got from ebay years ago. I gave them away at the org gathering at SDCC. You might be able to find a person to copy it if you've never seen it. I'd offer it myself, but I no longer use discs and have no burners.
    Government of my country has banned import of discs with pirated content. :\

Widget
    I'm looking for Skeletor's Revenge as well.

Please let me know if a digital version exists yet to watch online.

I'm surprised they havn't been included as extras on the DVDs. I'd love these on DVD

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Trap-Jaw- View Post
    I'm surprised they havn't been included as extras on the DVDs. I'd love these on DVD
    Already answered.

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    They weren't released on DVD because that extra footage wasn't digitized or saved by Hallmark when they transferred the library. And ER wouldn't let us use any footage that they didn't possess from the purchase of the library.

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Release details for Skeletor's Revenge and Greatest Adventure VHS

I'm having trouble finding pages for these two VHS releases. All my searches are coming up empty. Can someone point the way?

I'm trying to find dates and other release info.

Thanks!

You could never find these two VHS releases on the Internet, garbanzo.
    Plus there's not even a video of Skeletor's Revenge on either YouTube or Dailymotion.
    Last edited by Neophron; April 24, 2018 at 10:09pm.
    Try to reach inside of me, try to drain my energy
    Let me show you just what I'm made of
    Simple curiosity trying to take a bite of me
    Let me show you just what I'm made of now...

The videos aren't hard to find. But information about the original VHS tapes is. Nothing I've read mentions when they were published, and I can't find either of them listed here under the VHS section.

I've tried looking for the date in cover images, or in eBay photos, but none I've found are high enough resolution.

I'm just very particular about cataloging my collection properly, that's all

At least Skeletor's Revenge is listed in the He-Man.org VHS section and was released in 1986:
    http://www.he-man.org/video/item.php?id=2811
    Looking for estrela (Brazilian) minicomics:
    Prince Adam (Príncipe Adam), Orko (Gorpo), Tung Lashor (Lança-língua), Teela (Tila), Man-at-Arms (Mentor), Stratos, Evil-Lyn (Maligna), Beast Man (Homem-Fera), Mer-Man (Aquático), Zodac
    Bow (Arqueiro), Angella (Reinha Ângela), Catra (Felina)

Perfect, thanks! Maybe the titles should be added to those volumes for easier searching?

Now I just need the same info for The Greatest Adventures of All and I'll be set

Quote Originally Posted by RED View Post
    At least Skeletor's Revenge is listed in the He-Man.org VHS section and was released in 1986:
    http://www.he-man.org/video/item.php?id=2811
    The Magic Window editions were re-releases.
    The first time it was released was in 1984 to promote then upcoming season 2.

Quote Originally Posted by garbanzo View Post
    Perfect, thanks! Maybe the titles should be added to those volumes for easier searching?

Now I just need the same info for The Greatest Adventures of All and I'll be set
    And that was in 1983. (BTW, first it had a theatrical release before the show premiered on TV) That year the UK PAL vhs was also released.
    NTSC vhs re-released as part of Magic Window edition in 1985.

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    On sorta related note. Saw recently someone try and sell a DVD with these "missing episodes". Though they claimed they were remastered, but didn't even name each special.

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    On sorta related note. Saw recently someone try and sell a DVD with these "missing episodes". Though they claimed they were remastered, but didn't even name each special.
    Ontherunvideo one?
    It's genuine, but as I head, the person who was selling those passed away some time ago. Unless some relative or a friend took over, it's probably inactive.

EDIT:
    The store is still active.
    Last edited by Grimbot; May 4, 2018 at 03:06pm.

Heroic Warrior

Found this "Premier Episode" online

Via a site I found this "alternate release" DVD with these contents

For the FIRST TIME on DVD you get BOTH The Premier Episode and The He-Man Special UNCUT / UNEDITED.
    Although the first episode aired, to most, was The Cosmic Comet. Many have forgotten, or have never seen, the Premier Episode when it first aired in 1983. Only aired once, the Premier Episode was a one hour special that introduced us to He-Man and Skeletor, and gives us a look into the world of Eternia.

Before the Second Season ('84) they aired, only once, a one hour He-Man Special. This one hour special, not only used footage NEVER used again, but it also introduces us to Whiplash, Kobra Khan, Webstor, Buzz-Off, Mekaneck and Fisto. *Probably the coolest part is... not only does Skeletor and He-Man talk to the viewer but He-Man also tells the viewers to watch for next season when they'll have 32 all new exciting adventures of He-man.*

All this and MORE in this 2 DVD set.

- All 5 Bumpers
    - 21 Commercials
    - 5 TV Promos
    - 2 News Segments (w/ She-Ra)
    - All 7 Storybook Adventures
    - Alternate Beginning
    - 6 Commercials
    - Toy Test Shots
    - 2 TV Promos
    - All 3 Storybook Adventures
    - All 5 Christmas (Special Bumpers)
    - 5 Toy Commercials
    - All The Bumpers (Total 2)
    - Alternate Pilot
    Anyone here heard of or seen these 2 "eps"?

It is referring to these two specials in this thread which this post was combined with. That is a bootleg release someone is selling. There is no official DVD release of them.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    It is referring to these two specials in this thread which this post was combined with. That is a bootleg release someone is selling. There is no official DVD release of them.
    I see. Thanks