Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Mantenna Discussion Thread

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    great mock up!

btw, last year brought a good amount of retooling in motuc, especially regarding bow and king hiss' crotch pieces: so i'm quite coinfident that mantennae and modulok could have skinnier, "bug alike", bucks and limbs.
    not to mention that it would follow the vintage toys' tooling.

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantmEntropyZodak View Post
    I really want Mantenna to look like all the other figures so I really hope he only has two legs. In fact, I would prefer that they use the standard buck with just a new head & new armor.
    OMG, I certainly hope they do not go the cheap-o route & make him like that.
    aren't there enough two legged characters already? What makes Mantenna cool & appealing to me is the fact that he wasn't 'intended' to be exacly like everyone else, and he obviously wasn't meant to be two legged. He had 4 legs, so i'm sure that's how he'll always be. what a boring toyline motu would be if every figure was exactly the same.... what would be the point of buying them all then? i'm not really into buying the same toy over & over again... not sure about you.

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    I hope he has four separated legs, not fused together like the original figure. Either way it's going to be interesting to see how they approach him.
    He'd better have four seperate legs & not the crappy fused ones like the vintage figure.... limitations of 80's toy sculpting doesn't cut it for me in 2010 & beyond. I want him to have seperate legs like he had in the cartoon & staction. nothing else will do it for me when it comes to that character. If the 4hm make him with fused legs i might have to call a lynch mob....

Quote Originally Posted by sephron13 View Post
    That's beautiful Steph! Pretty much EXACTLY how I'd want my MOTUC Mantenna!
    I agree 100%, though I'd like to see Mantenna with some unique tooling, since the original figure was 100% unique tooling.... there's no reason to have parts sharing on figures that originally DIDN'T have shared parts imo.... grizzlor is OK, since furry parts will look like furry parts regardless.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

Personal Service Provider Agostinho's Avatar
    Mantenna is my number 1 Horde want. So he's super-mega important.

I love Steph's mockup (You are dangerously good at those). I hope in sculpt he looks a bit more like the staction. In the cartoon he seemed skinnier and leaner and resembling that would be kind of sweet. Maybe he can share parts with Modulok.

Will Classics Mantenna have 4 seperate legs?

Will Classics Mantenna have 4 separate legs?

I for one hope so. The original figure I believe was suppose to have 4 legs but was put together to save money. I for one don't care about the eyes popping out. I would like a 200x/filmation extra head the 200x was some what similar to filmation. Much closer than the toy.

What does every one else think. We need to let them know how we would like this figure before it's too late.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

Heroic Warrior
    I also think he will, maybe they can use them for Modulok...

I don`t think, he will be as bulky as the other characters.

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...246#8361094246
    Toyguru can't comment on figures past King Hssss...

I'm hoping for 4 separate legs.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    4 legs and poping eyes. Sure.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

I can't imagine they would seriously release him without 4 seperate legs or some nod to his eye feature.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I can't imagine they would seriously release him without 4 seperate legs or some nod to his eye feature.
    Unless they deem the extra legs as "Anime Hyper Detail"...
    (We kinda need a Mantenna Eek! emoticon)
    Hopefully Mattel will give us the Options for 4 Separate legs or the Fused legs in the same way King Hiss has 2 torsos...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

After reading most of the posts it seems that the majority wants 4 legs and most want some variation of the 200x head.
    No reason we should be seeing a Mantenna that looks feet and head exactly like the old figure.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

Mantena MOTUC thread

Will he have 4 legs. Which he should have. But then will he be at regular price. Also will he have 2 heads. Eyes popping out and regular eyes. Just thoughts and questions I have. I think that if he is done right he could be one of the best figures. Also there could be some sharing with Sagitar. Depending how they make him. He has a set of legs and four arms. So you could use some parts.
    http://http://80sMasters.com/
    It's your place for Freedom of Speach for everything MOTU, POP, TMNT, , Horror, Wrestling, DC and Batman, and all other properties that are cool.
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

I can't wait for Mantenna to come out!

2011 seems to be a great year for the Horde (so far we have Grizzlor, Catra and HH) but that makes me worried that we might have to hold out a while (even years) until we get Mantanna.

The 4HM did a great job on his staction and I think the MOTUC version will be awesome. I really hope he gets to have 4 proper legs (as seen in the guide and the staction) but as far as extra arms go - I am not that fussed. He would need some unique tooling to accommodate for the additional legs on the crotch piece but I wouldn't mind if we got the standard upper buck torso.

When it comes to the action feature of the bulging eyes I can see it going 2 ways:
    - 1 head with 2 different eye accessories or
    - 2 separate heads (normal + eyes bulging)

I prefer the 2 heads option.

TOP 5 MOTUC MUST HAVES:
    1. Mermista
    2. Angella
    3. 200X Sorceress
    4. Snake Armor He-man & She-ra (See here for Hunter Knight's custom) 2-Pack
    5. Madame Razz w Broom

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Here we go...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

I think Mantenna will not debut soon as he has four legs which may require different package material. So, I imagine the retooling will come via a new container and box to ship him.

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    Since Leech's debut, we know now they've invested in a slightly bulkier male buck for him, and probably for larger characters like Ram Man on down the line. Do you think there's a possibility of them making a "slender" male buck for Mantenna to give him a slightly more gaunt appearance than the regular buck? They could still reuse parts for Modulok and would also have parts to create a 200X Adam.
    More Vintage NA for MOTUC in 2016!!
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, Admiral Scurvy, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

I hope, and think it is quite possible that Mantena will come with four seperate legs.. as that is something they could use in return for Modulok.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    a small male buck would be good for more than just one figure.
    i dont see why not

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    One set of legs for Mantenna??????? Mattel, are you kidding?
    If that happens it would be the worst MOTUC figure ever!!!!!!!!

Please Mattel,listen the fans, we want a Mantenna with four separate legs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Morningstar View Post
    One set of legs for Mantenna??????? Mattel, are you kidding?
    If that happens it would be the worst MOTUC figure ever!!!!!!!!

Please Mattel,listen the fans, we want a Mantenna with four separate legs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I think if you re-read this, they are not saying he will have fused legs.
    They are saying he will not have interchangeable legs.

3. Since King Hssss was produced with two torsos (one disguised, one snake) would you consider handling Mantenna is similar fashion, only in reverse? Would two sets of legs, one with four separate legs and one with two “fused” sets be a possibility for this figure?

It is doubtful we would do Mantenna with two different sets of legs (one with four, one with two “stuck together”). But since we don’t have a Mantenna in the works right now we really can’t say for sure.
    So yeah, it's not a confirmation one way or the other...
    but I don't take it as a reason to believe he'll have two "stuck together" legs.
    Bill :: guitargod694

In regards to accessories to Mantenna, I think he should should come with his gray crossbow, as did the original, and if you check the third volume of the new heman series in the sketch section slide number 88, youll see a finished sketch of Mantenna, and in it, he is holding this double bladed hand weapon, shaped like a horde bat, yellow, and I think that this should be his second weapon. If am always of the philoshpy that if something existed as a weapon in a previous life or figure, or sketch then it should be included with the figure. also the 4 legs can be used for Modulak so they can deff give him the 4 separate legs, and 2 sets of eye, one popping out and one not. Thats the perfect Mantenna!
    Last edited by facet; May 5, 2011 at 03:21pm. Reason: adding info

Mantenna better come with 4 separate legs... The fused legs were a limitation of the 80s that should not be repeated for Nostalgia's sake.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    Mantenna better come with 4 separate legs... The fused legs were a limitation of the 80s that should not be repeated for Nostalgia's sake.
    I agree. Mantenna has two new polls up!

Should Mantenna in Classics be like Vintage or Staction
    MOTUC Mantenna- which buck?
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; May 17, 2011 at 09:10pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    We know he is long down the road due to new parts but it's fun to talk about characters like him.
    To me Mantenna is one of those characters who looked a thousand times better in 200x. Specially the color scheme they gave him.
    I prefer the yellow eyes over the blue ones. The brighter colors in the staction were great while the classic figure was kinda.. meh!

How would you like Mantenna to look like in MOTUC? Closer to the staction or the vintage figure?

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/5330/mantenna.jpg
    I would go with the staction but maybe with a little bit smaller ears. Not much though. I am afraid that the size of the stactions ears may get in the way of articulation like longer hair.

Also he needs 4 independent legs.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

Heroic Master of Magic kalel0201's Avatar
    I just reeally reeally hope that he leans towards the staction rather than the original figure.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Throw the staction Mantenna through the Classiciser machine to lose those stupid tusks and shrink the ears a bit. Just like Shadow Beast

Seriously, the old-toy Mantenna is HIDEOUS! Use Filmation, with some stactiony detailing...