Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Mantenna Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra_Torque View Post
    I'm a huge Mantenna fan - besides Shadow Weaver, he's my favorite character - so I hope that they make him with 4 legs instead of the two legs fused together.
    There's no way they'll make him with 2 legs. It was either a cost cutting measure or a way for Mantenna to fit in the regular vintage MOTU packaging(unlike Modulok). It wasn't a design choice.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Judging from all the releases so far, Mantenna will be exactly like the vintage...fused legs and all. They'll also sculpt a non-working lever behind the head to simulate the action feature.

Not funny man. I really want to see Mantenna with all four legs (two with boots, two without!) when he finally comes to plastic. I'm also hoping they don't go too MOTU/MOTU 200X with his design. I liked how goofy the character could be on the She-Ra show, as the Horde member who always gets picked on. If they make him look too fierce, that element of his personality is gone. Hopefully, they'll keep him Filmation accurate with small touches here and there (like BP She-Ra). I don't want to see him with scary veins in his eyes or some snarling mouth.

Snappy Threader
    I am hoping they can find a good balance between classic and filmation, but I figure classic will win the day. I don't care I suppose as long as we get him really soon.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Not funny man.
    I think it's hilarious. Like I said, I wouldn't be surprise if his legs are fused. And to round of the "vintage" look that all the fans are demanding, he will have a sculpted non-working lever behind his torso to simulate the action feature (similar to the non-working dials that were sculpted on the other figures).

I think my favorite simulated action feature is King Hssss', who's hydra/snake torso simulates that it is able to fit inside his human torso.

This line is a chance to make up for the mistakes of the vintage lines. Pink Swiftwind? Mistake. Two-legged Mantenna? Mistake. Sure, fans may have a soft spot for some of these mistakes, but they're still mistakes. Four legs please! Better posing options.

Hmmm....now that I think about him, Mantenna's going to need an almost entirely-new tooling...we may be waiting a while for him.

Completely agree with you DB. I too am hopping they will rectify those mistakes. But every time I look at King Hssss' awful snake torso (just to name one), the more inclined I am to reason that they won't.

I just hope for the sake of coolness they tweak his legs 'a la' inspired staction style! I thought that look was PERFECT!

It would look really cool for Mantenna's legs to spread out like a spider. Competely new tooling is needed for Mantenna hence the reason why we don' t have him yet and probably won't for a while.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oehtam View Post
    Judging from all the releases so far, Mantenna will be exactly like the vintage...fused legs and all. They'll also sculpt a non-working lever behind the head to simulate the action feature.
    Don't joke like that.

I hope Mattel and the 4H take this poll into account. Out of 237 voters.

Mantenna should be a mix of all the best attributes! has the majority of the votes with a 57.38% lead.
    Mantenna should match the staction as close as possible! in next with 24.05%.
    Mantenna should be as Vintage as possible! 10.97% follows that vote.
    Mantenna should be as Filmation as possible! is the last choice with 6.33%.

While the Classics figure shouldn't exactly look like the staction, detail for detail, I hope it looks just like it at first glance or at least very similar to it. The original Mantenna figure was held back because of the limitations of the 80's. I hope the Classics figure doesn't replicate those same weaknesses, especially since the Classics figures don't have action features.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; September 2, 2012 at 03:06pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Agent of the Evil Horde
    I've been impressed with the Horde figures which have been released so far, and I hope that the trend continues with Mantenna. I tend to agree the majority who voted in that poll that a mixture of the features from the different lines would work best. The main thing, for me, is that he gets produced.

This is one figure where I have a lot of confidence in the 4HM's design choices. I feel we will get an AMAZING rendition of Mantenna!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    This is one figure where I have a lot of confidence in the 4HM's design choices. I feel we will get an AMAZING rendition of Mantenna!
    I'm the total opposite--nervous about Mantenna. I really hope the 4H and Mattel has listened to the fans on this one, but whenever it comes to including 200X attributes, sometimes they hear you and sometimes they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    I Hope that they go for the ULTIMATE Mantenna instead of Vintage Mantenna redone...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    I Hope that they go for the ULTIMATE Mantenna instead of Vintage Mantenna redone...
    In some circles the ULTIMATE Mantenna IS the Vintage Mantenna redone.

TBH, it will be beyond tough to top the staction.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    In some circles the ULTIMATE Mantenna IS the Vintage Mantenna redone.
    And doing that would suck... no offense to people who want the vintage toys redone, but he REALLY needs the 4 separate legs... and no lever on his back!!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    And doing that would suck... no offense to people who want the vintage toys redone, but he REALLY needs the 4 separate legs... and no lever on his back!!
    He also needs the yellow eyes and no fat, bulbous head and neck.

that would be the perfect Mantenna for me (Yellow Eyes, Super Menacing head,lankier proportions), but at this stage I'm accepting a little compromise... Eyes I can Paint, I trust the Horsemen on Monster faces and Finally making his mouth look like a mouth with teeth around it instead of a weird black nose. The only thing where I'm not budging is that he freaking needs the 4 Legs!!

Hopefully everyone form the Horsemen to Design will agree on 4 Legs = Good, 2 = bad!!

For Mantenna, I would like to see him more along the lines of 200X Mantenna. That was a perfect figure IMO.

-Removable eyeballs
    -insertable extended eyeballs
    -Extra Filmation head (static, one solid piece...can't remove the eyeballs)

^This would be my perfect Mantenna

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    steph made a really cool mock-up of mantenna using the standard buck with 4 legs. all it needed was a new crotch piece that could also be used with modulok but it's gone now. i wish i had saved it to my PC. but that's what i want.
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

This is one of the few times I would prefer the cartoon version over the Vintage toy....somewhat of a mix of Filmation & 200X designs, both of which are very similar to each other....

The other one would be Clawful, but his Filmation version would make an awesome variant someday....maybe in a Filmation subline of MOTUC.... Along with say....Shakoti & Icer....?
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Here's a quick sketch of what I imagine the classics version looking like: http://imgur.com/zLJtyXH

Heroic Warrior
    If they did it right, Mantenna could share parts with Modulok. Arms and legs, at the very least.

Beasts were made to kill Mamblo's Avatar
    Looks like he has 4 legs, but the upperlegs looks fused!