Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Mantenna Discussion Thread

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Mantenna Thread

I don't think MOTUC Mantenna will be the vintage Mantenna.

That particular figure had SO many limitations (no neck, legs are fused together) that they might as well make a Classicized 200X version with two heads.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Wouldn't Mantenna fall under the "if the action feature is integral" statement? Much like Roboto's gears…even though we haven't seen how that's going to turn out.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Maybe the eyes will be interchangeable, and not the heads.

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Maybe the eyes will be interchangeable, and not the heads.
    I agree. Apart from advancements in toy sculpting, the actual heads are similar.

After Hordak being called Hector I just hope his real name isn't Juan or Raoul.

I agree it will be the eyes that are inter changeable

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    4H have to do a new sculpt for Mantennas´s head, so they can do a simple device in order to pop the eyes. In the vintage figure its just 2 pieces that move. Is as complicated as making the Triklops or MEF head a rotating piece ...
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

What they do for the MOTUC Matenna is irrelevant to me, since i am 99% sure they will never top the sheer awesomeness that is the staction.

Solved the problem: just get some advanced robotics and install a chip that reacts to ladies like the wolf in a zoot suit. That way his eyes will pop out of his head when you put Teela in front of him. You'll just have to get over the whistling and the howling...
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AKA-DOM View Post
    After Hordak being called Hector I just hope his real name isn't Juan or Raoul.

I agree it will be the eyes that are inter changeable

The vintage head is useless for me. The new head sculpt should be a mix of 50% fimation head and 50% modern head.

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Solved the problem: just get some advanced robotics and install a chip that reacts to ladies like the wolf in a zoot suit. That way his eyes will pop out of his head when you put Teela in front of him. You'll just have to get over the whistling and the howling...

...ehm, hope you're not going to do the same with tung lashor...

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post

...ehm, hope you're not going to do the same with tung lashor...
    I'm still working out the kinks in his chip. It's just...not going well. Not going well at all...
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I'm not so sure Mantenna will get a movable eye piece. Yes it is just one piece, but didn't they say they do not want to have any levers sticking out of the figure which I think the eye piece would need
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Mantenna doesn't need extra heads or levers & such.... just interchangeable eyes done the same way as She-ra's removeable mask.
    One set of eyes on stalks, one set retracted. Very simple. yes, he'd have holes where his eyes attach, but i doubt anyone would display him without eyes anyway.

As for the look of his head, I'm sure he'll look similar to the staction, which is just a better version of the vintage figure's face. the vintage figure & staction look nearly the same, aside from the more advanced sculpting of the staction & better paint apps. however they do Mantenna, IMO he'll be awesome regardless.

they did say there won't be any action features that would have buttons or levers, or inner mechanisms which is good imo.

i do think it's awesome that Roboto will have his rotating gears. I can't wait to see how they pull that off. will he have the ab crunch? I'm also curious to see how they do Spikor, he had a very unique torso too. would he have a snap-on trident stem, since having the telescoping Trident like the vintage figure would take away his elbow joint?

but, looking at my Mcfarlane Sleepy Hollow Crone figure..... I could see how they could do Mantenna, and Snake face....and still have a neck joint. I'd be amazed if Mattel did them both like that. most likely they'll have snap on/plug in parts. which is fine by me.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Multibot View Post
    Mantenna doesn't need extra heads or levers & such.... just interchangeable eyes done the same way as She-ra's removeable mask.
    One set of eyes on stalks, one set retracted. Very simple. yes, he'd have holes where his eyes attach, but i doubt anyone would display him without eyes anyway.

As for the look of his head, I'm sure he'll look similar to the staction, which is just a better version of the vintage figure's face. the vintage figure & staction look nearly the same, aside from the more advanced sculpting of the staction & better paint apps. however they do Mantenna, IMO he'll be awesome regardless.

they did say there won't be any action features that would have buttons or levers, or inner mechanisms which is good imo.

i do think it's awesome that Roboto will have his rotating gears. I can't wait to see how they pull that off. will he have the ab crunch? I'm also curious to see how they do Spikor, he had a very unique torso too. would he have a snap-on trident stem, since having the telescoping Trident like the vintage figure would take away his elbow joint?

but, looking at my Mcfarlane Sleepy Hollow Crone figure..... I could see how they could do Mantenna, and Snake face....and still have a neck joint. I'd be amazed if Mattel did them both like that. most likely they'll have snap on/plug in parts. which is fine by me.
    As for the look of his head, I'm sure he'll look similar to the staction

Thats what I would hope for aswell.

The old toy was I guess okay back in the day. however looking at him know he looks really odd amongst the rest of the Horde figures.

I'm sure if he is made the sculptors will come out with a super addition.

I'm probably in the minority camp here but i would be fine with one head sculpt like the staction except with eyes permantly "bugged out".

- cross between 200X/POP head
    - vintage bulked body
    - snap on eyes
    - 4 legs
    - gray crossbow

Quote Originally Posted by Flor2099 View Post
    What they do for the MOTUC Matenna is irrelevant to me, since i am 99% sure they will never top the sheer awesomeness that is the staction.
    I think the staction fits in really well with the classics so id almost prefer them not to do a classics Mantenna unless he is at least as cool as the staction.

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    I'm leaning more towards the vintage look with the more muscular upper torso.
    Quote Originally Posted by radrcks View Post
    Well I liked the vingate Mantenna toy, I really did.

I really want Mantenna to look like all the other figures so I really hope he only has two legs. In fact, I would prefer that they use the standard buck with just a new head & new armor.
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

I hope he has four separated legs, not fused together like the original figure. Either way it's going to be interesting to see how they approach him.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

I posted this awhile ago in another thread.

Building Manna on the MOTUC is not really and issue. some of us like him thin like in MYP, but that ain't happening. Aside from giving him proper armor and a head- all that is really needed to to design a trunk piece that can accommodate 4 legs. That piece could be reused on Modulok and Multi bot. They can used the existing legs from the shared library.

(I did the mockup before Grizzlor's boots appear. Manna could just use those shins)

That's beautiful Steph! Pretty much EXACTLY how I'd want my MOTUC Mantenna! Always love your mock-ups! Got one for Leech???? (or any others)
    PORK CHOP SANDWICHES!!

Great transactions with these members!!

anzraider03 - Roboto
    gofigure - Gy-Gor

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post

Building Manna on the MOTUC is not really and issue. some of us like him thin like in MYP, but that ain't happening. Aside from giving him proper armor and a head- all that is really needed to to design a trunk piece that can accommodate 4 legs. That piece could be reused on Modulok and Multi bot. They can used the existing legs from the shared library.

(I did the mockup before Grizzlor's boots appear. Manna could just use those shins)
    That's a pretty sweet moc-up steph, just needs some fins on the arms.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Yes, please, I want one of those!

Quote Originally Posted by sephron13 View Post
    Always love your mock-ups! Got one for Leech???? (or any others)
    San Diego gave me a whole new batch of parts to work with, I might have some more coming soon. I'll see if i have enough to do a feasible Leech.

San Diego gave me a whole new batch of parts to work with, I might have some more coming soon. I'll see if i have enough to do a feasible Leech.
    THAT'S what I wanted to hear!! Thanks! Looking forward to 'em!! Do you have a link or an album with the rest of yours? I remember seeing them a few months ago, but the search function is overloading me with threads and I'm not sure where they were posted.
    PORK CHOP SANDWICHES!!

Great transactions with these members!!

anzraider03 - Roboto
    gofigure - Gy-Gor