Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mantenna Discussion Thread

Hybrid View

Mantenna Discussion Thread

I know this is waaay ahead of the game here, but I just got the vintage Mantenna figure (finally starting a loose vintage collection!) and this idea came to mind.

Since the vintage Mantenna came with a gray crossbow and the vintage Hordak came with a white crossbow, but MOTUC Hordak came with a gray crossbow, do you guys think if they do a MOTUC Mantenna, he should come with the white crossbow? That way if anyone wants to display them with their crossbows swapped to look like the vintages, this would be a halfway decent way of including the white one.

Just a thought. *shrugs*

Heroic Warrior
    no.

I trust Mattel to do what they're doing. This isn't the Vintage Line.

Ok. I never said it was the vintage line. Nor do I expect or want it to be.

I also trust Mattel and the 4H to keep on giving us pure awesome. It was just an idea for discussion. Thanks for sharing your opinion.

I hold the sword Fisto's Left Hand's Avatar
    That'd be fine with me.
    Our goal is to make sure all MOTU collectors can get these new figures.
    -What the Fans Want to Know Round 3

Good trades: JohnnyTyler, tattoojunkie74

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by REX-203 View Post
    Ok. I never said it was the vintage line. Nor do I expect or want it to be.

I also trust Mattel and the 4H to keep on giving us pure awesome. It was just an idea for discussion. Thanks for sharing your opinion.
    no problem.

I just don't see it as necessary, is all.

Well, I think that that is an AWESOME idea. I have been thinking of painting Hordak's crossbow bone white when I open him, but if Mantenna came with a white crossbow it will save me the trouble.

I think that would be pretty cool.
    If I remember correctly, ToyGuru stated that MOTUC Hordak was originally going to have the white crossbow like the vintage figure, but the white prototype didn't look as good on Hordak since he has a lot of white color to begin with. Mantenna is pretty colorful and has just about no white on him, so the white crossbow may look quite awesome with him.

A big fan of Slush Head

Mantenna discussion in MOTUC.

We know he is long down the road due to new parts but it's fun to talk about characters like him.
    To me Mantenna is one of those characters who looked a thousand times better in 200x. Specially the color scheme they gave him.
    I prefer the yellow eyes over the blue ones. The brighter colors in the staction were great while the classic figure was kinda.. meh!

How would you like Mantenna to look like in MOTUC? Closer to the staction or the vintage figure?

http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Well Mantenna (as some other members of the Evil Horde) is one of the characters I'm most thrilled about.
    I have just recently bought Mantenna staction and I'm fascinated by it's look.
    I've always thought that vintage figure has plain facial expression, and not evil enough (mini comic & POP apearance included), so I would like if this figure could be more influenced by 200X look. Also Mantenna should have four separate legs.

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    200X is the best so far. I liked the 4 legs and all the color scheme and detail.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

I agree. I'd like to see them stick closer to the 200x design. I think the 200x version captured the character much better.

In regards to accessories to Mantenna, I think he should should come with his gray crossbow, as did the original, and if you check the third volume of the new heman series in the sketch section slide number 88, youll see a finished sketch of Mantenna, and in it, he is holding this double bladed hand weapon, shaped like a horde bat, yellow, and I think that this should be his second weapon. If am always of the philoshpy that if something existed as a weapon in a previous life or figure, or sketch then it should be included with the figure. also the 4 legs can be used for Modulak so they can deff give him the 4 separate legs, and 2 sets of eye, one popping out and one not. Thats the perfect Mantenna!
    Last edited by facet; May 5, 2011 at 02:21pm. Reason: adding info

WOW...just noticed he has the "rocker" ankes...so we can tripod his legs outward too...very nice!!!
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

I love Mantenna. Dad bought me one after he ran my Endor han Solo over with the lawnmower, and he was great! I really hope for a heavy 200X influence here, though.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    200X influence definitely. Another vintage character that wasn't handled right by 80's limitations (like Leech), that the 4H improved by leaps and bounds.

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    200X influence definitely. Another vintage character that wasn't handled right by 80's limitations (like Leech), that the 4H improved by leaps and bounds.
    Oh yeah Leech is another one that needs the same treatment. Definitely!

It's amazing how the eyes in the saction make Mantenna look alive.
    They make a major difference in the figure. The yellow is so bright and glossy, makes the figure pop.

The classic figure is too plain, same colors everywhere not very interesting.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    200X Staction Mantenna was a marked improvement over the original toy; keep the yellow eyes, especially since it's a reminder to the POP cartoon, and he should definitely have four seperate legs instead of 2 molded together blobs. :P The only thing I'm not sure about keeping is the assortment of silver dots along his chest, it's a bit distracting.
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    I am just sooo excited to think of seeing Mantenna, if they even make him I'll be happy, so obviously I'll take him however I can get him.

The Filmation version was probably my fav, so the staction is the closet incarnate thus far, as it seems to be very derivative if the toon look, with the lean body, actually having four legs and all, and the yellow eyes. Though I didn't see the old eyes a "blue" but rather black pupil on white with red veins.

Ears were a bit big in the staction, but it is beautiful, and I still love the original, so PLEASE just give me some version, anything!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hordaiquiri View Post
    The only thing I'm not sure about keeping is the assortment of silver dots along his chest, it's a bit distracting.
    Idunno, they do like those rivets don't they. I guess they think it's "added detail", haha, I'm getting tired of them as well
    Last edited by Jawbridge; August 31, 2009 at 11:42am.
    Pop Culture Shock - Filmation Statues (top 5 most wanted): Sorceress, Skeletor, Man-E-Faces, Mer-Man and Two-Bad! AND, hurry up with Evil Lynn, her reveal is what got me started.

Heroic Warrior
    The staction is closer to the POP look than the bulky old figure anyway; so definitely. I'd really want him to have four seperate legs and an interchangle bug-eyed head as well.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I'm leaning more towards the vintage look with the more muscular upper torso. But if a happy medium can be reached then I'm all for it. I think given the 4H's preference for the vintage look in the MOTUC I think Mantenna, when he is built, will be more like his vintage counterpart with 200X accents.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

What I'd like to see for Mantenna:
    a 200X inspired head. YELLOW EYES!!
    chest more like the classic design (the rivets from the staction could be added.)
    separate 4 legs.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

80's all the way! I'd really love the Horde-monsters to stay goody and silly. I don't like scary looking toys.

Heidi
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

200x influence is what I prefer for him.

I'm Anime Hyper-Detailed Battle_Brak's Avatar
    I have the staction and it's perfect so I don't really care what they do with his toy. I say make it as close as possible to the original toy. I can't see myself buying it anyway.

The one thing they absolutely must maintain is that he has two fused pairs of legs. If I see a four legged Mantenna I will absolutely flip . I have heard so much about how this line is supposed to represent the original toys and I don't want them going back on their word. This line is about ALL of the aspects of the vintage line (or so I'm told). Fused leg Mantenna stays!!!

Okay I'm half-joking there, but if they can make a guy with a painted on skeleton I see absolutely zero reason that they should go the extra mile with Mantenna's legs. It would be an insult to the sanctity of the vintage line if they did.
    Check out my various dinosaur sculptures: http://he-man.org/forums/boards/show...re-in-progress

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle_Brak View Post
    The one thing they absolutely must maintain is that he has two fused pairs of legs. If I see a four legged Mantenna I will absolutely flip . I have heard so much about how this line is supposed to represent the original toys and I don't want them going back on their word. This line is about ALL of the aspects of the vintage line (or so I'm told). Fused leg Mantenna stays!!!

Okay I'm half-joking there, but if they can make a guy with a painted on skeleton I see absolutely zero reason that they should go the extra mile with Mantenna's legs. It would be an insult to the sanctity of the vintage line if they did.
    ROFLMAO!

It's good to see the modern version of a character get some love for a change. First Roboto, now Mantenna... The original line had limits (like Leech being all big and fat or Mantenna having fused legs) that the 200X line fixed.