Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mantenna Discussion Thread

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    Maybe they will also give Mantenna two heads. A regular head and one with the eyes popping out.
    Now that's an awesome idea!

The old Mantenna's head was attached to his body because of the action feature.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    Maybe they will also give Mantenna two heads. A regular head and one with the eyes popping out.
    That is a great idea indeed.

I need all the Horde members. They are my favorite evil group followed closely by the Snakemen, Skelly and crew come in almost last, but the good-doers take last place!
    My for sale items:200X moc figures Roboto,Kobra Khan,Syklone,PrinceAdam,Whiplash,Beastman,Rattlor, Man at Arms,Orko,Trapjaw,Two Bad, Buzz Off,etc.Gi Joe 25th anniv moc figures for sale, vehicles, multi-packs, Neca staction figures series 1-6 moc. Castlevania 20th anniversarty Artbook pack $35, Living Dead Dolls, 3' Frankenstein.[/COLOR

I do not like the 2002 series, but in this case the new version looks more like the cartoon than the old! Features such as the body very slender, and then vote for the 2002 version, with the head but a little smaller

For all the Mantenna fans...

The Fwoosh

4. We know that MOTUC takes most of its stylistic cues from the classic 80s line, but what about Mantenna? If/when you get around to doing him for the line, would his four legs be connected two by two like the old figure, or all for individual like he has been portrayed in the 200x and She-Ra cartoons?

It’s too early to tell, but likely I’ll try to go for 4 legs since he would need new legs anyway to show the “2 combined legs” like the vintage figure had. I might also give him two heads, one with eyes up, one with eyes down.

As a big Mantenna fan, I would be happy with the four separate legs rather than two combined legs.

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah, I hope they'd give him 4 articulated legs, as the old design just wouldn't translate well into the articulated versions we're getting today. I see him as looking more like his staction though, as the original was rather goofy looking.
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    I vote for the 200x influence in the Mantenna figure for the Classics line. To me, I love the overall look. I remember watching that ep in the MYP series where they had Mantenna and he let out that shriek....CREEPY!!!

Very happy about the legs. Very sad about the eyes. The head will be a new mold anyway. Would it be so complicated to give him pop out eyes? No doubt it would be no more complicated than Triklops spinning visor.
    JOIN THE GREAT REBELLION - COLLECTOR'S CLUB TODAY!
    http://www.facebook.com/TGRClub

I gotta say that I'm all for him looking as much like the staction as possible.
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

Heroic Journalist MldMnrdReporter's Avatar
    I really like the Staction and if they could articulate it I think it'd be the way to go.
    Gwildor: Moo? Moo.
    He-Man: Gwildor!
    Gwildor: I'm going, I'm going...Moo!

The Mantenna staction looks almost just like the character from the Filmation cartoon, so I really hope the MOTUC figure looks like that.

I'm mostly an MotU 80s look fan all the way, However I hope on this figure they do use a bit more of the 200X design for Mantenna. He still looks goofy to me.
    Teela the Warrior Goddess is my homegirl.

Personally I never like the style of MOTU 200X, but in case of Mantena 200X looks better that the classic one.

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    Although I generally fall into the "classic inspiration" camp for 98.5% of MOTUC, I think that the 200x staction version looked much better (though not perfect). The original looks rather silly, almost childish (okay, it was a child's toy... but I hope you get what I mean!)

I'm not the biggest Horde memeber at the best of times (I'm much more of a pre-Filmation fan), and I have to admit personally that ol' Mantenna was never a favourite of mine (although I did have the toy as a kid). But I'm sure whatever they come up with for a Classics version will be good.

Not sure how they'd handle his four legs though.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

I'd like to see him in his 80's toy style. I really like the bloodshot eyes.

Although, I also hope he has his four legs seperated.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    For all the Mantenna fans...

4. We know that MOTUC takes most of its stylistic cues from the classic 80s line, but what about Mantenna? If/when you get around to doing him for the line, would his four legs be connected two by two like the old figure, or all for individual like he has been portrayed in the 200x and She-Ra cartoons?

It’s too early to tell, but likely I’ll try to go for 4 legs since he would need new legs anyway to show the “2 combined legs” like the vintage figure had. I might also give him two heads, one with eyes up, one with eyes down.

The Fwoosh
    His legs could be reused for a Modulok figure. (If done without the fins).

Wandering the abyss, in search of an alliance of consequence.
    Give me him with four legs and he can keep his old look. I'd rather have a bit more 200x in his appearance but if he has four legs not put together like the old one, but the rest of him is the old look i'm good too.

Elder Councilman
    200X all the way, but the reason I love Mantenna so much is that he always comes off as this incredibly wussy, lame henchman, but despite that he's so frikkin' evil, I love it!
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I agree, the 2002 version really did capture the character better than the original toy. I definitely don't want to see two fused legs.

And, as many have pointed out, a four legged hip joint could be re-used for Modulock and even Multibot (they could even fudge it with three openings for the legs, if the rear legs for old buggy eyes were fully jointed together at the hip).
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Elder Councilman

Mantenna and Gy-Gor

First of all, Mantenna is either gonna need three different heads, or two different heads, and one of those heads with eyeball extensions to "re-create" the action feature; correct me if I'm wrong on that.

Second of all, I was thinking about everyone wondering about Gy-Gor, and why Mattel had him go "turncoat"...I almost find it an interesting tribute to Tri-Klops, as Roger Sweet originally planned for him to be a heroic warrior, and he wound up being in Skeletor's crew.

Elder Councilman

Mantenna will need three heads

or possibly 2, one with eyeball extensions.

Face it, the guy's got three distinct looks:

vintage head

vintage head with bulging eyeballs

modern head

he's gonna need at least two heads; and unless they do eyeball extensions, he'll need 3.

And then the Filmation head...

...one with eyes extended and one without...

Mantenna is an example of where this 'no action feature' rule hits lunacy.

Mantenna doesn't need multiple heads for an eyes in and eyes out look, he needs retractable eyes like the vintage figure!
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    Mantenna is an example of where this 'no action feature' rule hits lunacy.

Mantenna doesn't need multiple heads for an eyes in and eyes out look, he needs retractable eyes like the vintage figure!
    I agree. I can understand if Mattel wanted to forget the action features since this is a toyline aimed at adult collectors, but since we now have an Orko that you dip in water to make him turn "invisible" and the plastic Warrior Ring to wear on your finger, I think that ship has sailed.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!