Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Mantenna Discussion Thread

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Seriously, the old-toy Mantenna is HIDEOUS! Use Filmation, with some stactiony detailing...
    Now you are talking!!

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    I'm an old-time Mantenna lover and a vintage-lover but seriously, Mantenna should not have the fused legs! I always consider that as a limitation in the vintage-line. Combine the best elements of the different lines and sketches, add some 4H magic and we'll get a great Mantenna (I really want this guy!): with a crossbow, four separate legs and interchangeable heads/eyes... Great character, he is!
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

I'm relieved they can do Filmation now. The vintage toy Mantenna was AWFUL.

They should hold off of him til 2013, though.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    I'm relieved they can do Filmation now. The vintage toy Mantenna was AWFUL.
    Well, here's the thing - MYP/staction Mantenna was a "hyperanimedetail"ising of Filmation-Mantenna all along (one of the few designs that just about deserves that description - they really exaggerated everything all to heck and beyond - but it's the Filmation colours & shapes underneath), not Ye Olde Toy.

Ultimately, it's a question of will - we have to let them know we want a Filmation/MYP Mantenna, not the bloated Manny Redbreast...

Please make Mantenna as close to the Filmation and staction design as possible and not the total abomination that was the fused legs 80's figure.

Heroic Warrior
    NO fused legs, BUT an 80's vintage head for Mantenna, please !

As for Mantennas second Accessory, I thinkit should be this hand blade thing that we never saw him with. Im sure if the thrid season was created, we probably would have seen it, so why not throw into the mix now.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    Please make Mantenna as close to the Filmation and staction design as possible and not the total abomination that was the fused legs 80's figure.
    Yes i would love to see one based on Filmation's design. But i wonder why Filmation's version sounded like Urkle on She-Ra? he sounded quite funny for a baddie
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

I remember when I was little and got Mantenna at Service Merchandise. I thought he was so awesome...
    "The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."

-Chancellor Palpatine

didnt they have different crossbow head sculpts?

I dont need white, I can paint one of the two we got of his white if it mattered (it doesnt, silver/gray is close enough for a weapon I dont use anyway, ) but it isnt a bad idea, excepting the design of their personal crossbows.

More importantly how do you see Mantenna looking? Four legs is going to be akward. And if it's two legs (two legs per "leg as per vintage) I would be upset with 4H for the first time enough to not get a figure. that's a vintage thing that has to be left behind. Everything else they've done, I support, but this....nope.

Here's to 4 seperate legs, however they do it.

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    NO fused legs, BUT an 80's vintage head for Mantenna, please !
    Totally agree. Four legs, 80's vintage head, and some staction-like details in there.

I loved Mantenna as a kid. I still have mine. Every once in a while I find him and make his eyes go up and down. LOVED that.

Can't WAIT to get him in MOTUC.
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon

Princess of the 80's Princess_Adora's Avatar
    I can't wait to see their take on Mantenna
    "My whole life has changed because of this sword!" ~Adora

I am really looking forward to this one.
    my feedback thread

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=218428

selling off my entire motu classics collection, here's a link to one of my auctions..... check out my other items 43 auctions total.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/120886470944...84.m1555.l2649

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    I posted this awhile ago in another thread. http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...2&d=1267023771

Building Manna on the MOTUC is not really and issue. some of us like him thin like in MYP, but that ain't happening. Aside from giving him proper armor and a head- all that is really needed to to design a trunk piece that can accommodate 4 legs. That piece could be reused on Modulok and Multi bot. They can used the existing legs from the shared library.

(I did the mockup before Grizzlor's boots appear. Manna could just use those shins)
    ok this picture is awesome. i would love, love for this to be the mantenna we get: large torso with standard arms & legs (4 of them).
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

Now that we've gotten some newer parts, here's what I'd expect of Mantenna IF he does not get the slimmer buck (the occasionally mentioned "teen Adam" buck)

Head (New with holes on his eyes to insert the eyes/stalks for Popped eyes)
    Eyes, Vintage based but with a yellowy tint
    Torso: Normal Torso
    Abs:Hordak Abs
    Armor (New)
    Shoulders: Whiplash
    Biceps: Sy-Klone (New Mantenna Finpiece glued in)
    Arms: (New with tiny fin) or Reuse TK's arms.
    Hands: Skeletor hands
    Crotch: (New 4 legged crotch)
    Legs: Whiplash legs
    Shins:Grizzlor Shins
    Feet: Snout Spout (if based on the vintage toy) or Skeletor feet if they want a more 200X vibe
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

As for Mantenna's head, definitely make it look like he wants to devour your face like the staction. Or at the very least make it believable he can make that horrifying screech from MYP. Four legs is of course a must.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    Now that we've gotten some newer parts, here's what I'd expect of Mantenna IF he does not get the slimmer buck (the occasionally mentioned "teen Adam" buck)

Head (New with holes on his eyes to insert the eyes/stalks for Popped eyes)
    Eyes, Vintage based but with a yellowy tint
    Torso: Normal Torso
    Abs:Hordak Abs
    Armor (New)
    Shoulders: Whiplash
    Biceps: Sy-Klone (New Mantenna Finpiece glued in)
    Arms: (New with tiny fin) or Reuse TK's arms.
    Hands: Skeletor hands
    Crotch: (New 4 legged crotch)
    Legs: Whiplash legs
    Shins:Grizzlor Shins
    Feet: Snout Spout (if based on the vintage toy) or Skeletor feet if they want a more 200X vibe

This sounds good to me, I want Mantenna be bulky and not skinny...

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    I posted this awhile ago in another thread. http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...2&d=1267023771

Building Manna on the MOTUC is not really and issue. some of us like him thin like in MYP, but that ain't happening. Aside from giving him proper armor and a head- all that is really needed to to design a trunk piece that can accommodate 4 legs. That piece could be reused on Modulok and Multi bot. They can used the existing legs from the shared library.

(I did the mockup before Grizzlor's boots appear. Manna could just use those shins)
    This is really cool....
    Last edited by Berserker79; January 7, 2012 at 02:39am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    I need Mantenna! But Filmation style with 4 legs!
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    I'm not sure if he would look right with a bulky torso, but I doubt they will create a torso just for him. Mantenna has always seemed best looking a bit more thin to me, he is much less a warrior than other members of the Horde. Even the vintage figure wasn't quite as bulky to me as other he-man figures, but maybe my memory is playing tricks on me. If I had to choose between a bulky body and 4 legs though I would prefer to see 4 legs. The "fused" legs of the vintage toy was just a poor design element.

Mantenna will come out looking just like the vintage, fused legs and all, with added articulation! 4H will recreate the original...it's "Classics" after all, just like Clawful, Buzz-Off, and Snout Spout!

Considering Clawful's shell is entirely different and Buzz-Off has those tiny legs on his back, there's no way Mantenna is going to come with fused legs. I'm not the biggest 4H fan, but even they wouldn't do that.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I'm all for the staction head with the yellow eyes--a great blend of Filmation and 200X.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    Considering Clawful's shell is entirely different and Buzz-Off has those tiny legs on his back, there's no way Mantenna is going to come with fused legs. I'm not the biggest 4H fan, but even they wouldn't do that.
    Don't be so sure. The same doofus in management who banned the 200X heads will think that 4 separate legs somehow translates into hyper anime detail and will tell them to re-sculpt him.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; February 28, 2012 at 11:41am.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I'm all for the staction head with the yellow eyes--a great blend of Filmation and 200X.

Don't be so sure. The same doofus in management who banned the 200X heads will think that 4 separate legs somehow translates into hyper anime detail and will tell them to re-sculpt him.
    HEAR! Hear!....I completely agree with you MGM! Don't forget about the fans/collectors who keep insisting to stay "true" to the vintage (and completely dismiss 200X), then lament on how "silly" the new MOTUC version is (ie. Buzz-Off, Clawful, Snout Spout).

I'd love to see examples of hardcore vintage fans who get upset about "silly" versions of Buzz-Off, Clawful, or Snout Spout. Most of the people who have issues with those characters' MOTUC toys are either primarily 2002 fans or are indifferent to a number of the vintage designs. You're not going to find many, if any at all, fans who want MOTUC to stay "true" to vintage complain about "silly" heads.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; February 29, 2012 at 02:57am.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

I'm a huge Mantenna fan - besides Shadow Weaver, he's my favorite character - so I hope that they make him with 4 legs instead of the two legs fused together.