Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mantenna Discussion Thread

IMO i think that it should be better for the 4h to find a way in combining the best specs of each one and merge them into one hell-of-a-Character. I really love the original from the 80's wich I have, but I have to admit that the 200X colour scheme looks better on him. As for a MOTUC release, I would like him to have the action feature, for the "poping-Eyes" effect, although that might not happen.

I like a mix of the two.

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    I would love to get my hands on a MOTUC's Mantenna! He was one of my favorites from the 80's and I love the newer staction too. I would like influences from both. I think one of the reasons I loved the original figure so much was the cool eye popping action feature. I really hope that enough fans stick with MOTUC's so that we can get characters like Mantenna down the road!!!

Mantenna was one of my favorite MOTU figures. The eye-pop feature was SO cool. I really hope he has that feature. Two heads would be weird.

As for the design, I didn't even realize he was SUPPOSED to have 4 legs when I was little, until POP debuted on TV, and he had... 4 legs!

SO, I definitely want the 200X influence, but I'd like a combo - just like they did Hordak.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    My fear is that they will use the he-man base body for Mantenna, and I don't think anybody wants that. What made Mantenna stand out was his skinny body and gigantic bug eyes. Both aspects of the 200x design influenced by the Filmation look. I really hope Mantenna uses a new thin body sculpt. It could even be reused for Modulok, a more 200x inspired Webstor or a Lizard Man if they ever get the Filmation rights back...
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

A mix of 80´s and 200X with a bit more from the last one. I would die to see four legs on him.

Hey Everyone,

I choose both! lol I think if Mattel spends money designing a Mantenna sculpt for the "MotU:C" they should have the option to release a vintage colour one as figure of the month, a "2002-style" one as a bonus figure. If something is ever sorted out with the Filmation rights, they could then attempt to do a Filmation version, as yet another bonus figure.

Take Care,
    Darren
    Mattel please, buy the He-Man and She-Ra cartoons from Entertainment Rights. If you owned Both Filmation related "MotU" cartoons, plus "NA" and "MYP" cartoons, you would be able to distribute any or all 4 cartoons to Television in the lead up to another relaunch or a live action movie. Plus, you could include Filmation and "NA" animated characters in "MotU:C"!

Long Live 'MOTU'!

Heroic Warrior
    Him in any form would be great.

I would like Mantenna to lean closer to looking like the 200x Staction.
    As we express our gratitude,
    we must never forget that
    the highest appreciation
    is not to utter words,
    but to live by them.

~John F. Kennedy

Mantenna is one of my favorite characters, so I hope that he gets here sooner rather than later. I would prefer the 200X version of him, but I hope that he has four separate legs rather than the two leg version in the classics.

I just hope that we get more members of the Horde, regardless of who they are.

As always, I think we have to put our faith in the 4 Horsemen here. There's no reason that they can't make a "classic" designed Mantenna and not borrow much from the 200X design and him still not look cool.

They've done that with plenty of other figures. People are like "Oh they have to follow the 200X for this guy" and then the 4 Horsemen sort of go out on their own a bit and do it in line with the classic MOTU but without the classic MOTU flaws and it turns out great.

I have faith they'll get him to look cool.
    Toys, Movies, TV Shows and more reviewed at the pop culture mega site... INFINITE HOLLYWOOD.

Well I liked the vingate Mantenna toy, I really did. But I know how everyone and their mother is dreaming that they want figures to have the Filmation look and feel and 200X Mantenna was pretty much that just with tweaking. I think Matty and the 4HM will take advantage of that and make him more 200X based.
    Last edited by radrcks; September 1, 2009 at 03:43pm.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by radrcks View Post
    Well I liked the vingate Mantenna toy, I really did.
    I am with you on that one. It was one of the last vintage MOTU figures I bought and I really liked his alien monster look.

But I know how everyone and their mother is creaming that they want figures...
    Wow, that is pretty late night!
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; September 1, 2009 at 02:30pm.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

A big fan of Slush Head
    200x Mantenna seems to be winning and I can understand why. His staction was awesome. One of the best redesigns of the line.
    Let's hope Toyguru is paying close attention to this thread.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Wow, that is pretty late night!

OH CRAP! I didn't even notice that I wrote that, I really need to pay closer attention.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    OH CRAP! I didn't even notice that I wrote that, I really need to pay closer attention.
    Don't worry about it. It happens to the worst of us. It's cool otherwise ******** like me wouldn't have anything to work with.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I would like a combination of the two. I love the vintage figure, but that staction is amazing. I love the 4 seperate legs
    Once you kill the cow, you gotta make a burger
    Positive Trade with : Thehorde,

I really like that 200X look, considering that I FINALLY understand that black part on the original figure is his mouth! I always thought that was a funky nose! The two tusks on either side looked like teeth, to me, so I figured that his mouth was there. Now that I know that thing is a mouth, he looks much cooler!

Anyway, I'd love to see a mixed version; using the plainer classic look with some 200X influences. I'm also partial to the old fused legs, but I wouldn't mind seeing either one.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Like with Hordak, Classic-based with 200x influence.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Heroic Warrior
    200x all the way
    "A Race 2 What And Where We Going?
    We In The Same Boat
    But Eye'M The Only One Rowin
    Last Time Eye Checked U Were Sleepin'
    …but U Can Call Me A Dreamer 2"

I have faith in the 4H that they will bless us with a proper Mantenna, a perfect blend of 80's and 200X. I would like to emphasize though that I really hope they include the "bulging eyes" action feature.

A big fan of Slush Head
    Maybe they will also give Mantenna two heads. A regular head and one with the eyes popping out.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    Maybe they will also give Mantenna two heads. A regular head and one with the eyes popping out.
    That would be very nice!

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    200X!!!

Heroic Warrior
    i guess it's just me, but i always thought the 200X version was really true to the vintage design. it seemed to me that they added a lot of great detail, but overall, it was the same costume and color scheme (except for the eyeballs and the weird spider nose). maybe i'm crazy!

either way, i'm really looking forward to a MOTUC mantenna! hopefully they're on board with the idea that he MUST have 4 legs! maybe the 4-legged pelvis could be reused for modulok?