Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Ram Man discussion thread

MOTUC Ram Man discussion thread

Apologies if there has been a thread like this before but I couldn't find one.

How do you want Ram Man to be made when he is eventually released? With spring legs like the original figure? Or moveable, articulated legs like the mini comic? Should he be short like the original or big and bulky like the mini comic?

If he's like the mini comic (which I want) won't he be the one figure in the line that is totally different from the original version whose legs were fused together and had a totally different sculpt from all the other figures (as if he really belonged in a different line)?
    Bikini Teela: Hottest version ever!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Teela-Na View Post
    Apologies if there has been a thread like this before but I couldn't find one.

How do you want Ram Man to be made when he is eventually released? With spring legs like the original figure? Or moveable, articulated legs like the mini comic? Should he be short like the original or big and bulky like the mini comic?

If he's like the mini comic (which I want) won't he be the one figure in the line that is totally different from the original version whose legs were fused together and had a totally different sculpt from all the other figures (as if he really belonged in a different line)?
    Yeah. No action feature getting in the way of his articualtion.

I think Ram Man should be just like all of the other figures and should have the same articulation. This Ram Man isn't the dwarf from Filmation, nor he be the huge linebacker from 200X. I think he should look like the 8 back. Chances are he'll come in orange and red, with a future bonus figure in red and green.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    No, he won't have any spring action feature so he'll have two separate articulated legs as well as articulated arms. Like MGM said, he'll look like he did on the vintage cardback in the MOTUC style, of course.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Ram Man have to have an unique sculpture. His body is very diferent than Hemanīs one. Is like comparing Juggernaut with Wolverine. And please, with action feature. You only have to add a little spring...
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    With the way the line is going I doubt we will see anyone that is a 100% unique sculpt in the foreseeable future. With Ram Man, I'd be happy with a retool of the 200x figure for MOTU Classics.
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Toyguru/Mattel stated that since the line is doing so well that we will see more unique sculpts. I want the eight-back Ram-Man, and think most people would be happy with that. I AM DYING FOR THIS GUY! I could care less whether or not he has spring action.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

However Mattel decides to sculpt him, I am very excited and can't wait for a Ram Man. He was one of my favorites characters.
    As we express our gratitude,
    we must never forget that
    the highest appreciation
    is not to utter words,
    but to live by them.

~John F. Kennedy

Rammy will be great! I don't want any action feature on him, though. I want a poseable Ram Man. I'll take both colors (cardback and toy colors).
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

I like his 200x look, but not necessarily his size (bigger than everyone--in the cartoon his arms looked bigger than Teela!).

They CANNOT kill this line before making Ram-Man, Man-E, Sorceress, and Evil-Lynn. They are classic, "A" characters.

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    They CANNOT kill this line before making Ram-Man, Man-E, Sorceress, and Evil-Lynn. They are classic, "A" characters.
    I agree, especially with making the Sorceress!!!!
    As we express our gratitude,
    we must never forget that
    the highest appreciation
    is not to utter words,
    but to live by them.

~John F. Kennedy

Did I read somewhere that Ram Man (like Battle Cat and Beast Man's whip) came from a different line originally and was just shoe-horned into the line as a new character? He looks extremely different from the other 80s MOTU figures.
    Bikini Teela: Hottest version ever!!

Ram Man needs to have both legs poseable. He needs to have more POA than Todd Macfarlane toys.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Right outside your window - MWAHAHAHAHA!!!
    Ram Man HAS to get made. He was my first MOTU figure way back in 1984, and has always had a very special place in my heart.

Get rid of the spring action, give him the articulation he deserves, and deliver him to my door!
    Always remember: Pillage BEFORE you burn!

Quote Originally Posted by Teela-Na View Post
    Did I read somewhere that Ram Man (like Battle Cat and Beast Man's whip) came from a different line originally and was just shoe-horned into the line as a new character? He looks extremely different from the other 80s MOTU figures.
    Makes sense- and there's already a case of this happening in MOTU with Zoar (I believe she was from Big Jim's P.A.C.K.- a 70's toyline)... does anyone know?

Wandering the abyss, in search of an alliance of consequence.
    I just want him to have dual axes. Like when he was sparring with Buzz-Off in the MYP cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Toyguru/Mattel stated that since the line is doing so well that we will see more unique sculpts. I want the eight-back Ram-Man, and think most people would be happy with that. I AM DYING FOR THIS GUY! I could care less whether or not he has spring action.
    ummmmmm Ram Man wasn`t on the 8 back

I think people saying '8-back' just mean the cardback drawing.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash77 View Post
    Was just clearing it up for the ones that don`t know. Ram Man first appeared on the 12 back (series 2), there is no such thing as an 8 back illustration of Ram Man. Sorry but it kinda bothers me a bit when people are passing the wrong info, the people who weren`t around for the vintage stuff or are just getting into MOTU now should know that so they aren`t posting the wrong info they got from someone that didn`t know.

Heroic Warrior
    Hmm, the idea of a retooled 200X Ram-Man being re-released might actually work... maybe some new arms with MotUC style articulation, but the sculpt in general is very faithful to the original, and the action feature would be in-tact while keeping the costs down. Size-wise, he would be more the dwarf-sized Ram-Man, though.

Eternian Historian of Art Lex_Alfa's Avatar
    Bulky, but not taller than the others (this has been already stated) and with separate legs (no action feature, it has been also stated)

I think it's quite obvious how he will be...
    Behold the gaseous stench of Skeletor's breakfast burrito!
    Robot Chicken dixit

No one wants the action feature. Even if they do, they're DEFINITELY in the minority.

I'm sure Mattel won't include the action feature.

Personally I believe they can probably use the standard buck body for Ram Man, but give him a rubber "skirt" piece around the legs and tool some new actual legs for him (but still MOTUC style) and save costs.

Then it's really only a new torso, head, legs and skirt attachment.

The legs could probably be reused in another figure.

Ram Man has to come along at some point as he was a pretty important character in my view. One of the essential MOTU figures in the early years.
    Toys, Movies, TV Shows and more reviewed at the pop culture mega site... INFINITE HOLLYWOOD.

i'm unsire about him. when i watch filmation i want rammy to be a dwarf in armour and come with orko or something.

when I look at the myp serious i want him to be a $30 oversized golliath

I think i prefer the idea of him being a dwarf over a golliath though.

and I'm definately in favor of him being released in original box art colours first. a red and green varient can be released as a bonus figure INSTEAD OF a reissue of the regular rammy.

now the production numbers are higher and subscriptions are in place, i honestly believe the only chars being reissued the same as the original release should be those before triklops.
    Last edited by Fneh; September 1, 2009 at 01:28pm. Reason: didn't know the word I replaced with dwarf was considered offensive. sorry
    Fneh's MOTUC wishlist:
    Spikor, MYP Marzo, Snake Armour He-Man, Stinkor
    Fneh's MOTUC needed list:
    King Grayskull, Beastman, Stratos head

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash77 View Post

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...am_man_ill.jpg
    That's what I meant--12-back. I am fully aware that he came out after the original eight. I just had a moment. Sorry to ruffle a certain Orger's feathers.

Really looking foward to him! I know he'll be articulated now, though, hopefully they'll go with old toy colors rather than the orange. We'll see.

Anyhow, if they don't make him a hulking goliath, I hope they add another accessory in there. Either a second axe for some dual wielding action, or a mace of some kind. Just a little extra.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.