Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Ram Man discussion thread

I think he's too big, height-wise--I wish he was shorter. And I really don't like the closed eyes. Just b/c one of his eyes looks a bit squinted on the cardback, doesn't mean it was a great idea to do that to this figure.

That said, I respect their artistic decisions, and that other people are happy with those design choices. He still looks awesome. Pure cardback in sculpt. Seeing him in Dan's preview video has me even more excited about him. This figure will represent a lot, once I have him in hand. The final figure from the 12-back era--a huge, favourite part of my childhood--the last figure of my childhood collection in MOTUC, and a lot of closure for my collecting. Then comes Jitsu, who I never had, but is the last 3rd wave figure, and I'll be one happy camper. I can't wait to have the first three waves all displayed together! Four years in the making.

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    I don't like the fact that the skirt seems made of really hard plastic. This hinders his legs and he basically doesn't have a lot more poseability than its vintage counterpart! I don't understand why they didn't do something like the Faceless one or BP She-ra's dress.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

squinty eyes are one thing but they seem to be completly closed and it looks weird. There should at least be a hint of his pupils

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Ram Man is a little more than 3 months away....three long months.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Thanks for reminding me.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Ram Man is a little more than 3 months away....three long months.
    It feels like years have passed since Ram Man was revealed. Now he's 3 months away & if feels like forever.

You said it best, "Three long months."
    I want my other half.

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Not sure if this were mentioned but with Ram man i would had loved to had seen plugs on the tops of his boots slotting into his waist, eliminating his legs just like the vintage version as though he is about to jump at his opponents.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Heroic Warrior

which is a decent Ram Man?

That will go with the Classics. I dont think the one coming out next year is in the same scale.
    Last edited by powerofGS; November 19, 2012 at 12:48pm.

Quote Originally Posted by powerofGS View Post
    That will go with the Classics. I dont think the one coming out next year is in the same scale.
    how is it not in the same scale?
    the ignore list is my new best friend

You mean you're looking for a Ram Man that goes with the Classics because you don't think Classics Ram Man goes with Classics?

Are you wanting him to be taller cause he's a bulky dude or are you wanting him to be shorter as he appeared in the filmation cartoon?

he-man-teela-ram-man-at-arms-battle-cat.jpgIMG_1139__scaled_800.jpg

Kinda know what he means. Whilst I love the sculpt, it seems they are going with the 200x 'man mountain' instead of the short, squat figure I remember from the vintage toyline.
    Making sure the vintage line is fully reproduced in the classics line

Positive trades; Nightcraw

Well the original Ram Man was like a dwarf, much like the same height as the one seen in Filmation cartoon. Then in 2002 we had a giant in the cartoon and a decent Ram man figure. I think Ram man now is much more like the giant in MYP but with the minicomics/cardbak style. I like the classics update! is like the best of both worlds.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Get a Marvel Select Juggernaut or a Marvel Select Rhino. Basically they do the same job.

Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; November 19, 2012 at 01:40pm.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

You really only have the option of the vintage Ram-Manor the 200x Ram-Man if you don't like the Classics version. Take your pick.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Classics Ram Man is the same height as the other figures. How is he out of scale? You want him to be shorter like in the Filmation cartoon?

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

He wants him to be the shortest figure in the line.

Heroic Warrior
    I think Classics Ram-Man is going to be one of the best figures in the line. That said, I wish his face sculpts used the minicomic design (He-Man meets Ram-Man). One head should be the 'Skeletor's made me mad' look; the other should be the jovial fellow at the end of the story.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Widget
    wow I never realized just how much juggernaut could be ramman... lol
    Quarrels and Quills needs some talkative members. Check it out.

RPG Tools - need a name. come here

Classics Ram Man....

I know he's somewhat bigger, but he's not hulking huge, I love my Vintage Ram-Man, but that one is for the Vintage line, I don't like 200X so that Ram-Man is out, thus leaving me a Classics Ram Man to go with my Classics figures....

But you only have 3 to pick from....it's not like the 200 He-Man figures produced across the 4 MOTU lines.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Classics Ram Man is the same height as the other figures. How is he out of scale? You want him to be shorter like in the Filmation cartoon?
    He DOES look a bit taller, and he's MUCH more massive. Just compare his arms and hands to King he-man in that picture above... It DOES look like the scale is off. I wonder how that fist looks compared to Fisto's??

I never liked 'man mountain 200x' or 'shrimpy filmation' for that matter.

Frankly, was looking forward to a mini-comic version that would have shared the same buck. Just the idea of Ram man being able to use vehicles for a change was a cool idea.

There's something off about 'All characters must be the same size... so no large clawful or beast man..... but Ram Man can out massive he-man' that just seems wrong somehow...

I DO think this is the best Ram man we have available to display though....

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    He wants him to be the shortest figure in the line.
    Bahahahahaa

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    He DOES look a bit taller, and he's MUCH more massive. Just compare his arms and hands to King he-man in that picture above... It DOES look like the scale is off. I wonder how that fist looks compared to Fisto's??

I never liked 'man mountain 200x' or 'shrimpy filmation' for that matter.

Frankly, was looking forward to a mini-comic version that would have shared the same buck. Just the idea of Ram man being able to use vehicles for a change was a cool idea.

There's something off about 'All characters must be the same size... so no large clawful or beast man..... but Ram Man can out massive he-man' that just seems wrong somehow...
    I disagree.

He seems pretty spot on with the vintage card back art with the exception of the red vs. orange. I'm very happy with the way he turned out. I can't wait to add him to my collection!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

To quote an Irishman, "he's flippin' awesome!" January can't get here soon enough!
    Subscribe now for MOTUC 2015! Every sub counts!

Heroic Warrior
    side by side.jpgdack to back.jpg Someone asked for pics of these, My Ram-Man is well played with and old. His spring is a bit weak so he's slightly compressed and leaning a bit forward. He would be about 1/8th inch taller if his spring was tight.