Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Ram Man discussion thread

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    I like Classics Ram Man but I would have preferred a more mini-comic scaled version. The legs are a little too stumpy and I don't like his feet.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NagAAsi View Post
    Instead of giving Ram-Man a second almost identical unhelmeted head.. wouldnt it have been simpler to make the helmet removable?
    It has been said in the past that the Four Horsemen hate removable helmets. They just don't want to do it. I think the figure looks great. It is Ram-man and he looks ready for a fight.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

He is awesome, bu a different expression on the helmetless head (open eyes?) would have been nice.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    It has been said in the past that the Four Horsemen hate removable helmets. They just don't want to do it. I think the figure looks great. It is Ram-man and he looks ready for a fight.
    Oh ok I didnt know that.. Still seems like a waste of a second head to me. But Now I know!!

Impressive. I would have preffered his arms to be less ripped, but I like the scope of the toy. Seems a little anime hyper detail, but what are you going to do. I can't believe the most anticipated figure in the line has his legs backwards with the back of his knees facing forward on his debut. I don't care for his eyes being closed. Seems out of place for classics. Seems like a big lug from an anime that always has his eyes shut. Hopefully they will have a head with his eyes open on the Cardback repaint, so you can have what ever version you want. This would also make a good reason to get the cardback repaint.

- - - Updated - - -

Instead of giving Ram-Man a second almost identical unhelmeted head.. wouldnt it have been simpler to make the helmet removable?
    In this Case I think it could have been done, as The helmet is so much larger than his head, and it would have been AWESOME.

His face sculpt looks a lot like Pippin from the anime Berserk, which is a lot better than the 200X Ram Man who looked like Vern Troyer.

Heroic Warrior
    Instead of another lame-ass head, they should have made him another weapon or something. Perhaps a shield that matches his belt buckle.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    Impressive. I would have preffered his arms to be less ripped, but I like the scope of the toy. Seems a little anime hyper detail, but what are you going to do. I can't believe the most anticipated figure in the line has his legs backwards with the back of his knees facing forward on his debut. I don't care for his eyes being closed. Seems out of place for classics. Seems like a big lug from an anime that always has his eyes shut. Hopefully they will have a head with his eyes open on the Cardback repaint, so you can have what ever version you want. This would also make a good reason to get the cardback repaint.
    I was getting the same vibe from him... His arms look very 200X to me. I also see it in Jitsu's head.

Heroic Warrior
    this is exactly the ram-man i wanted. love the attention to detail in the face, his body proportions, and colors. a+!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post
    Instead of another lame-ass head, they should have made him another weapon or something. Perhaps a shield that matches his belt buckle.
    Ram Man doesn't have much to him. His unhelmeted head is the only Ram Man item the character has aside from his weapon, fishing pole and boat.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Has anyone seen his height and size compared to other six-inch figures?

The legs appear smaller and less muscular than expected. The tube look of the legs are nice, but if they were muscular shaped with a little form and with similar to texture shown, they might better fit the overall design. Otherwise, his eyes need to be opened a little.

Ram Man looks like a beast and not a short shrimp...good job here.
    Have No Fear, Smith Is Here!

Ram Man is pure awesomeness!!!
    “Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.” ― Apple Inc.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

happy with him only figure I want from 2013 so far
    Find what you seek only when you look in the right places...

Oh ok I didnt know that.. Still seems like a waste of a second head to me. But Now I know!!
    And knowing is half the battle!!!
    BTW.. RM is sweet! I would have liked him bigger! At least for $30.. He is taking a beast spot almost!
    Sale/Trade//Feedback//MOTU Customs// MOTUC Albums//MOTU Fans Puerto Rico Chapter

I got lazy...So here is a link to my NON MOTU Collection!
    Collection and NON MOTU Customs

XBOX ONE Gamertag: Avenger12PR
    PSN: Avenger12PR

This guy is so perfect that I don't even know what to comment on. I mean...awesome! Nothing wrong. It's Ram Man! It's exactly how I wanted him, and he looks fantastic. Perfection!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

He came out way better than I ever expected him to... I've never ever liked Ram Man and the closest I ever came to thinking he was cool was in the DC mini-comic that came with him. A He-Man Meets Ram Man MOTUC figure would have been the best thing in the world for this character, in my opinion. But seeing as that didn't happen, this is clearly the next best thing. I do love that FINALLY we can pose him in a multitude of ways... bend at the knees, turn at the waist! It only took 'em 30 years... LOL I love the axe, but do wish he had been given a second weapon instead of a second head. The second head in this case seems wasted. For $30, I would have liked to have seen something else in the weapons dept. but overall think they did a good job on this figure. He's going to be huge, ain't he! Hoping for the likes of Sagitar or Modulok for the next $30 large-scale figure slot.

do you mean that you need this colour scheme?
    +1

It's a really great figure, but imho its hands are way too big compared to the other masters, too much exaggerated.
    Besides, his head is beautiful sculpted and I like the elmetless head!

There's somewhere a comparison shot with other figures?

Will Ram Man come in a regular blister card or in a beast box?

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    Quote Originally Posted by Eterniandreams View Post
    He is awesome, bu a different expression on the helmetless head (open eyes?) would have been nice.
    My thoughts exactly. Stated this in another thread after the reveals. Open eyes on one would make this figure perfect in every way!!!

Ram Man is simply awesome. Glad to finally be getting him!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    *cough* *cough* Horde Prime *cough* *cough*

With Horde Prime though the helmet was designed by them so they could make it roomy. I totally agree with not having removable helmets. It can look good sometimes, but more often than not either what's under the helmet has to look weird (squashed hair) or the helmet looks too big or doesn't look snug enough.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Heroic Warrior
    *cough* *cough* Horde Prime *cough* *cough*
    It's in reference to the more snug helmets that go on heads, like Flip Shot... If he received a separate helmet, it would be too big and look funny on his regularly sculpted head.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Will Ram Man come in a regular blister card or in a beast box?
    My guess would be to use the existing cards but make a larger bubble for Ram Man if necessary. Has it been confirmed that he is a big as everyone is saying? He might not need a special package design.