Thread: MOTUC Ram Man discussion thread

Heroic Warrior
    I want to see him big and bulky...to me thats how Ram Man has to be
    "A Race 2 What And Where We Going?
    We In The Same Boat
    But Eye'M The Only One Rowin
    Last Time Eye Checked U Were Sleepin'
    …but U Can Call Me A Dreamer 2"

I'm glad that he wont have an action feature. Ram Man was one of the few toys I had from the original line, and even as a kid it bothered me that his legs were stuck together. I'd like for him to be bulky looking for sure, but I think it would be good if he had more human-like proportions. Not the little stubby legs he used to have. I also think the red/green color scheme is more likely than the orange, as it is more iconic. A posable head like in 200x would be nice too.

Heroic Warrior
    I definitely don't want the spring-loaded legs on him, but I remember when I was a kid I couldn't get enough of his action feature. I would endlessly push his legs in and slam his head into the bellies and chests of the villains. It's funny how when I see toys today I wonder how in the world kids could prefer the loss of articulation for some gimmick, but then I remember what a blast I had filling Kobra Khan with water and spraying acid venom (tap water) on the good guys. Don't even get me started on Thunderpunch He-man :P

I really hope this is more or less what Ram Man ends up looking like, colors and all. He is actually one of the few figures that I don't care to have any torso articulation on in order to preserve the look of the armor....and make that big ass Skull Buckle 4H!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Badgumbo View Post
    He is actually one of the few figures that I don't care to have any torso articulation on in order to preserve the look of the armor....and make that big ass Skull Buckle 4H!
    But you need the torso articulation to bend him down and pose him in a ramming pose. There are three ways Ram Man is portrayed ramming...

1) Mini-comic Ram-Ram Man flies headfirst at target.

2) Filmation Ram-Ram Man has springy legs. He takes a few bounces and springs headfirst at target.

3) MYP Ram-Basically a running head butt.

At least 200X Ram Man isn't too different from the original version.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; September 2, 2009 at 10:02am.

Eternian Historian of Art Lex_Alfa's Avatar
    I like that mini-comic image, for the first time I can see Rammy as a real warrior whose special ability is not a dangerous joke but a real superpower and whose proportions are perfect (not a dwarf, not a huge monster, but still a tough guy). Love it.
    Behold the gaseous stench of Skeletor's breakfast burrito!
    Robot Chicken dixit

Heroic Warrior
    love that mini comic design! i hope he looks something like that. and hopefully in the vintage toy colors.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    But you need the torso articulation to bend him down and pose him in a ramming pose. There are three ways Ram Man is portrayed ramming...

1) Mini-comic Ram-Ram Man flies headfirst at target.

http://www.bustatoons.com/blog_image...et_ram_man.jpg

2) Filmation Ram-Ram Man has springy legs. He takes a few bounces and springs headfirst at target.

3) MYP Ram-Basically a running head butt.

http://he-man.us/biographies/Old-Vs-New/Ram-Man.jpg

At least 200X Ram Man isn't too different from the original version.
    This is why I am highly anticipating Ram-Man..I am curious to see how the 4H decide to do him. I have no doubt that he will look amazing and I am sure that he will get two separate legs...I just want to know how they intend to pull off the torso. Maybe flexible tunic over articulated buck with harder material used for armor?

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar

mini comic pic

i LOVE seeing that pic. i have never seen it before. and i agree with folks in here. rammy was always a GREAT toy as a kid. the action feature was amazing when you are 5!! but seeing him with the helmet, and he has a neck, and he looks like a guy that would run around with MAA and MEN. i am completely down with that. i dont even mind if they use the same body. new armor that sits up, with helmet, and NECK! lol.
    i would just want the legs CLOSE to the same as far as articulation/ look compared to the rest of MOTUC, but maybe have the lines in the pants/legs... i guess almost colussus looking.

looking at the pic of him flying backwards, i like having his leather boot going over his knees, then from midthigh to under skirt can have that red spring look to it. i would love that!
    Last edited by TechTrek; September 2, 2009 at 03:45pm. Reason: add

depending on how he turns out, it could be the first ram man figure i actually like. i was never big on the character and i'm not sure that this line won't change that, but some decent articulation would go a long way for this guy.

Always thought the Ram Man figures were poorly done. Too stubby.
    My for sale items:200X moc figures Roboto,Kobra Khan,Syklone,PrinceAdam,Whiplash,Beastman,Rattlor, Man at Arms,Orko,Trapjaw,Two Bad, Buzz Off,etc.Gi Joe 25th anniv moc figures for sale, vehicles, multi-packs, Neca staction figures series 1-6 moc. Castlevania 20th anniversarty Artbook pack $35, Living Dead Dolls, 3' Frankenstein.[/COLOR

IMO, mini-comic Ram Man is perfect.

And perfect for this line. His armor would not hinder the Ab-crunch at all, and he'd be have full neck movement.

Last edited by BCI Guy; September 2, 2009 at 05:08pm.

How do people want Ram Man to hold his axe? The 80s figure had a closed fist with a hole which the axe fitted into. I want him to have hands like the other MOTUC figures where his axe can be easily removable and not just plugged into his fist.
    Bikini Teela: Hottest version ever!!

I think he should be a bit bigger and bulkier than the masters. The walking battle ram that he is.

Heroic Warrior
    Is it even likely we'll see a Ram-man before 2011?
    Wants / Feedback
    SDCC 2008 King Greyskull / Bronze(Spirit) variant
    Zodak x2, Mossman (both variants)
    Keldor x1, Gygor x2
    Wun-Dar / Map of Eternia
    Weapon Packs & Castle Grayskull Figure Stands
    TRU MOTU/DC 2 packs
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ight=Novacaine

Ram-Man is slotted in before 2016 in MOTUC, etc.! hehe

Have you guys been reading the Matty responses on Facebook?

Wes Walker It's really gonna suck if we have to wait till 2016 to get Ram-Man

Mattycollector.com
    Who in the world said Ram Man won't be out until 2016? I can confirm he is slotted in before 2016.
    Jay Robinson If MOTUC is ending in 2116,what fig do u think they will end the line with? Not including re-releases.

Mattycollector.com

Who says it is ending? That's just as far as we have planned right now. (although even this plan is just our own wishlist, no guarantee right now, we just like to be prepared!)
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Heroic Collector of MOTUC the.overlord's Avatar
    DESPONDOS (watching the game - having a Bud...with HORDAK)
    That's wonderful! RAM MAN DOES EXIST IN THE MOTUC WORLD!
    Classics Collector!!

Successful transactions/trades with: MossMan710179, cobaltkatdrone, reefkeeper, Zildjian, keithfuchs, Raypor, Zovex, JOXE, Son of Keldor, Hogan, BadSchoolGirl69, Degra, Uki, Blue Monkey, dedset13, Vaal (THX EVERYONE!!)

My trader review:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=169339

Well Barbie has went on for like 70 years, I imagine MOTU could go on for 10-20 even if they just scaled back to one figure every three months. Even with a new cartoon or movie its not like they would have to kill the MOTUC line if it was still selling enough to make a profit
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Dang! MOTUC until 2116?! I didn't know Masters had enough characters to last an entire century.

Even if Ram-Man happens before 2016 it better be before 2012 since that's when the world is going to end. I mean if you believe Hollywood and an ancient civilization's calendar. And when have those two things ever steered us wrong?

I wanna be holding my MOTUC Ram-Man figure in my hand as the mega tidal wave crushes my body and eveything around me. Nah, I'm just kidding. If anything, I'm going to meet my final doom dressed in my Stormtrooper outfit. Imperial rule till the end, baby!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Dang! MOTUC until 2116?! I didn't know Masters had enough characters to last an entire century.
    Have you not seen the Twiggets?
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST SDCC 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue - Toy Catra - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: 3 main twiggets

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Judeh Simon View Post
    Have you not seen the Twiggets?
    Sadly...yes. But, by all that is unholy, I really wish I didn't know what you were talking about.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Warrior
    They are gonna have to get DR in gear to have any hope at all of making 2016 under the current distribution model.

Long Live MOTU!!!!
    Now & Forever!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    ...it better be before 2012 since that's when the world is going to end. I mean if you believe Hollywood and an ancient civilization's calendar. And when have those two things ever steered us wrong?
    Yeah, on December 21, 2012...which will be my 36th birthday. Happy birthday to me right? haha.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Well Barbie has went on for like 70 years
    50, but close.

Ram Man before 2016 I can deal with. I'd prefer Ram Man before 2011, tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Edge View Post
    50, but close.

Ram Man before 2016 I can deal with. I'd prefer Ram Man before 2011, tho.
    TG has already stated he won't be coming in 2010. Most likely it will be in 2011.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela