Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Ram Man discussion thread

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    I have always been a huge Ram Man fan. I have had to defend him from other neighborhood kids calling him cheap, hollow, and fat. They never saw vintage Ram Man the way I did.

I loved the 200X updated version, but this, this gleaming light of awesomeness shining so brilliantly over the entire MOTUC display at SDCC looks like it will probably take my "best MOTUC figure" trophy away from Mer-Man after all this time. I don't think he is too big, or out of scale for the classics; in fact I think he looks perfect!

Other than Granamyr and some of the NA characters, Ram Man is my crem de la crem of MOTU. Everything else is gravy!

PS - Jimnarious, that is one well-played-with Ram Man! I am happy that you have kept him with you all this time. Kudos!! (A couple of mine are in similarly loved shape )
    Last edited by Ornclown; November 20, 2012 at 02:13am.
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    this gleaming light of awesomeness shining so brilliantly over the entire MOTUC display at SDCC looks like it will probably take my "best MOTUC figure" trophy away from Mer-Man after all this time. I don't think he is too big, or out of scale for the classics; in fact I think he looks perfect!
    I have always thought Merman was the best Classics figure to date but Ram Man just might take that title away from him when he is released. I like the fact that Ram Man is accurate to the original cardback art. I didn't like Filmation Ram Man, he was just as annoying as MYP Clawful.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

I think MOTUC Ram-Man is the best release to date in my opinion. I liked the vintage version, but always thought he was a bit small scaled in comparison to the rest of the range. Didn't care too much about the MYP version either. I always wanted a Ram-Man that was bigger in scale to He-man, and that's exactly what we're getting!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    I have always thought Merman was the best Classics figure to date but Ram Man just might take that title away from him when he is released. I like the fact that Ram Man is accurate to the original cardback art.
    Yeah, I LOVE Mer Man in the classics line, he turned out perfect. And I agree with you, the fact that he looks like he does on the cardback makes Ram Man all that much more desirable!! (I think I stood in front of the display staring at Rammy, with my mouth open, for 20 minutes at SDCC this year, lol)

Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    I didn't like Filmation Ram Man, he was just as annoying as MYP Clawful.
    Lol, I don't think any character could be as annoying as MYP Clawful. (They really did Clawful a disservice in the 200X 'toon...)
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Well this is my first year subbing, actually it's my first year knowing about the line. But man I am super stoked about Rammy & in January no less!

I have to agree with you guys, in hand he may take the best in the line title from Merman! I honestly thought no one would. Trap Jaw was a close second, but Ram Man just wows me to no end. I bet I don't even look at Rorschach or Netossa for 2 days.

Yes I too didn't like what they did to Clawful in 200x. I always thought he & Whiplash should have been reversed. However, I loved in the Dekker episode how Evil-Lyn treated him. That line "(sigh) I'll help you." cracks me up.

Back on topic... RAM MAN! YEEAH!
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Heroic Warrior
    Mer-man?

I always did love the classics version of him... but he had a couple 'little' things that kept him out of the top slot for me... I wasn't a fan of his 'fin hand'... Having a 2 handed trident, but not being able to hold it in two hands? that hurt it for me... I also don't like how his armor 'just sits' on his shoulders... Every time the kids play with him, his armor is always... 'somewhere' because it just doesn't stay on :-/

For me #1 has to be a toss up between man at arms and Trap Jaw... Trappy is just perfect on every level... and MAA captured just about everything I wanted from him... Right side of his armor would have been nice... but both those heads are AMAZING and really strikes the right nostalgia chord.

MOST characters (Ram man included) are only going to get ONE display option. Extra heads get tossed in the bin... but MAA?? He's the only one I find myself constantly switching back and forth ^_^

Heroic Warrior
    No doubt Ram-man cracks #1 on most ppls charts....Mer-man, trap-jaw, MAA, ill even toss fisto into the mix as the top 5 classics of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Romadon View Post
    No doubt Ram-man cracks #1 on most ppls charts....Mer-man, trap-jaw, MAA, ill even toss fisto into the mix as the top 5 classics of all time.
    I always thought that Man-E-Faces is also on that chart.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Scale shot sorta

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    I'm so glad that Ram man stands just as tall as the other figures. They really did him right. Hopefully, he is cast in all the appropriate color plastics, all his joints are tight (especially his ankles), paint aps are good, and he has no parts that crack or explode. Sigh! So many potential thing that could go wrong with such a wonderfully sculpted figure.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Very happy with that picture; I was afraid Rammy would be too hulking compared to the rest of the line. His massiveness is in his girth rather than his height, which is how he should be.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Man, the vintage shelf is going to have some constant additions in the next few months.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

I'm hoping Granamyr isn't delayed . . .

Ram Man looks awesome!
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I'm hoping Granamyr isn't delayed . . .
    Me too. I am starting to worry since we haven't seen anything other than Toyguru's video.
    Last edited by MOTU_Maniac; December 3, 2012 at 11:45am.
    “Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.” ― Apple Inc.

As much as I want Granamyr, I'd be ok with a delay, money is pretty tight I had to go into my granamyr savings to pay some other things.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

He.... He looks glorious!!!
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

This pic makes me happy as I was under the impression he was done a la 200x rammy, in which he towered over everyone else but now I can see he is short and squat like he should be! But it now makes me wonder why I'm paying extra for this figure? Why was this £30 compared to the rest?
    Making sure the vintage line is fully reproduced in the classics line

Positive trades; Nightcraw

I love that his fists are as big as standard figure's heads.
    Human Battering Ram indeed!!!
    So glad to finally be getting the last 12-backer!

(need MAA, Trik, Faker and MEF emoticons!)
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vid.tracey View Post
    This pic makes me happy as I was under the impression he was done a la 200x rammy, in which he towered over everyone else but now I can see he is short and squat like he should be! But it now makes me wonder why I'm paying extra for this figure? Why was this £30 compared to the rest?
    IIRC, he's the first "deluxe" figure that is so thick, he can't fit on a regular blister. Mantenna and Modulok/Multi-Bot might be the same way.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

This is an awesome picture. There is such a diverse line-up of figures coming in the next couple of months. I can't wait to get them all.

Talk about ending the year on a high note and starting the next with a bang!

Who got so lucky and got them already?
    Jii Dee regarding Matty's view on MOTUC Collectors: "Here be whiny surrender monkey dragons".

MOTUC NEEDS: Sssqueeze, Dragstor, Saurod, Blast Attack, & Lord Masque.

Quote Originally Posted by Saved View Post
    Talk about ending the year on a high note and starting the next with a bang!

Who got so lucky and got them already?
    I don't know why I would think this, but I'd strongly infer it would be the reviewer at Action Figure Insider . . .
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Ramy looks great.

Kind of Jealous we have to wait for all of those figures while AFI already has them.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    IIRC, he's the first "deluxe" figure that is so thick, he can't fit on a regular blister. Mantenna and Modulok/Multi-Bot might be the same way.
    You forgot about Two Bad.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I don't know why I would think this, but I'd strongly infer it would be the reviewer at Action Figure Insider . . .
    Yeah, I figured that one out too, but Jitsu already?
    Jii Dee regarding Matty's view on MOTUC Collectors: "Here be whiny surrender monkey dragons".

MOTUC NEEDS: Sssqueeze, Dragstor, Saurod, Blast Attack, & Lord Masque.

Not extending the sub sign up date put the figures in production earlier. No more fiascos!