Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Ram Man discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Not extending the sub sign up date put the figures in production earlier. No more fiascos!
    One of the most unexpliecable mysteries of the world. I would think it would generate more $$$$.
    Jii Dee regarding Matty's view on MOTUC Collectors: "Here be whiny surrender monkey dragons".

MOTUC NEEDS: Sssqueeze, Dragstor, Saurod, Blast Attack, & Lord Masque.

Quote Originally Posted by Saved View Post
    One of the most unexpliecable mysteries of the world. I would think it would generate more $$$$.
    It's not like people ran out of time to sub. Most people WAITED til the last hour to do it because they could. People also complained non-stop earlier this year when most of the figures would get delayed and crammed into a single month.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Mer-man?

I always did love the classics version of him... but he had a couple 'little' things that kept him out of the top slot for me... I wasn't a fan of his 'fin hand'... Having a 2 handed trident, but not being able to hold it in two hands? that hurt it for me... I also don't like how his armor 'just sits' on his shoulders... Every time the kids play with him, his armor is always... 'somewhere' because it just doesn't stay on :-/

For me #1 has to be a toss up between man at arms and Trap Jaw... Trappy is just perfect on every level... and MAA captured just about everything I wanted from him... Right side of his armor would have been nice... but both those heads are AMAZING and really strikes the right nostalgia chord.

MOST characters (Ram man included) are only going to get ONE display option. Extra heads get tossed in the bin... but MAA?? He's the only one I find myself constantly switching back and forth ^_^
    Mer-Man isn't even close to my favorite Classics figure....not sure which is my favorite, but Rattlor is a top contender for me, as well as Mekaneck, TP He-Man, Frosta (yes I said Frosta, especially after fixing her forearms), Faker, Draego & Stinkor (once I swapped and repainted his forearms)....

Don't get me wrong I do like Mer-Man, but your dislikes are pretty much the same as mine, and add unfinished paint on his forearms, and no shading on his corn cob sword.

Not extending the sub sign up date put the figures in production earlier. No more fiascos!
    Yay! It's about time. Look forward to getting my figures on time unlike many this year, but unlike being a former DOS buyer....it would annoy me greatly as a subber to have that happen next year.

Now if DR would finally get that "my sub" page working....not holding my breath, but my card expires next month....and it was all I had to subscribe with....and I want my friggin Ram-Man.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I can't believe we get Ram Man in some 6 weeks!!! That's craziness.

RAM MAN PICTURES ON THE FWOOSH!!!

FINALLY a figure that ACTUALLY looks better than the 200X version! IMO.

I LOVE the MYP characterization, the more realistic look and attitude to the characters (no, not they anime faces...but the more realistic feeling of the style of their weapons, armor, and over all looks)...but THIS time I gotta go with the look that they came up with for the Classics over even that. I think this REALLY captured the "heart and soul" of the character, and has a more "realistic" feel to it than even our beloved MYP version. And to boot, it captures the best of the vintage and the 200x while completely having its own unique look!

An extremely well done figure in my book.

I just gotta ask....why the heck are his eyes closed? haha.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    At MATTYCOLLECTOR.com, 'ALL SALES ARE FINAL'...UNLESS it's in THEIR ADVANTAGE to not be...

Feedback Thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=185599

Find me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...00003950889698

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by General Hawk 7 View Post
    I just gotta ask....why the heck are his eyes closed?
    He's an albino and as such has photophobia.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I never understood the Ram Man hype.

Ram Man was one of the very few vintage MOTU items that I never had. I always thought he sucked. I didn't mind him that much in the Filmation cartoon, but the figure sucked. I really didn't care for him in 200x either.

The MOTUC figure is by far the best but I'm still not crazy for him. I think there's a lot of hype for him since he's an old skool, main character that we waited quite a while for. Not a bad figure at all, but not a character I'm exactly crazy for.

- - - Updated - - -

I just gotta ask....why the heck are his eyes closed? haha.
    He's doin his Gilbert Gottfried impression. I make that same face like 20 minutes after eating Taco Bell or McDonalds.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Ram Man 4 Life!

And Castle Grayskull!

And Mer-Man!
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    I make that same face like 20 minutes after eating Taco Bell or McDonalds.
    Well, that's because the food is supposed to go in your mouth, Mizzo.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I seriously, seriously doubt the line about extending the subs causing the delays was anything but a lame excuse for Mattel's usual inability to deliver product. The delays started with Demo Man at the latest, and that had nothing to do with the 2012 sub. They'd played the vendor change card previously, so it was time for a new excuse for the inevitable delays. The world's largest toy maker seems to have extremely limited resources for actually making toys, and I'm certain that The Dark Knight Rises had far more to do with delays than the sub extension.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

am i the only one who is not amazed with ram man and preffer the filmation style?
    motucustoms4sale@hotmail.com
    visit my albums:
    awesome trades with: harold, krosfyah, bobtheodd, Agostinho, boggs32, sallah, beastor
    Visit my facebook page 2917 likes already!!!!! XD
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...259610?sk=info

Quote Originally Posted by dark knight View Post
    am i the only one who is not amazed with ram man and preffer the filmation style?
    I have problems with his dimensions, but I prefer the cross-sell look to the Filamation style.

The figures shoulder pads don't come out far enough, and they don't slant nearly enough. His arms are too long, and his thighs are too narrow. And his skirt thing needs to be just a bit longer. Unfortunately these issues greatly drop my interest in a figure that was probably in my top 5 all time wants. : / I really hate to say this, but this is the first time I actually dislike the four-horsemen's work. Due in large part to the fact that my hopes were so high, but those dimensions are WAY too glaring for me to ignore them like I can with reversed forearms and the like. Quite disapointed. Hoping that getting him in hand will change my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Well, that's because the food is supposed to go in your mouth, Mizzo.
    Thats too funny.
    At MATTYCOLLECTOR.com, 'ALL SALES ARE FINAL'...UNLESS it's in THEIR ADVANTAGE to not be...

Feedback Thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=185599

Find me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...00003950889698

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    RAM MAN PICTURES ON THE FWOOSH!!!

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y17...ns-592x404.jpg

FINALLY a figure that ACTUALLY looks better than the 200X version! IMO.

I LOVE the MYP characterization, the more realistic look and attitude to the characters (no, not they anime faces...but the more realistic feeling of the style of their weapons, armor, and over all looks)...but THIS time I gotta go with the look that they came up with for the Classics over even that. I think this REALLY captured the "heart and soul" of the character, and has a more "realistic" feel to it than even our beloved MYP version. And to boot, it captures the best of the vintage and the 200x while completely having its own unique look!

An extremely well done figure in my book.
    I think the 200X version is sculpted the best, but the MOTUC is the best overall figure (which is my attitude toward the majority of the line). While the 200X version is more realistic, the Classics version is the first time Ram Man has had actual poseability. You could pose him running at someone, in a ramming pose, a must for a character like Ram Man.

I would also want his orange and red colored variant too. Repaint this 100% tooled buck, Mattel!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I think the 200X version is sculpted the best,
    You're insane via your own bias.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Ram Man 4 Life!

And Castle Grayskull!

And Mer-Man!
    Exactly! (Especially the part about Mer-Man!)

As for Ram Man, I believe he going to be one of the fastest selling figures in MOTUC. This could very well prompt Mattel to offer a card back re-paint version sometime down the road...

In any case, the figure looks amazing, and I am salivating at the knowledge we will finally have a MOTUC Rammy in such a short time frame!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Very happy with that picture; I was afraid Rammy would be too hulking compared to the rest of the line. His massiveness is in his girth rather than his height, which is how he should be.
    Here is another picture from the Fwoosh:
    ram-man-height-12.jpg
    This shows a pretty good scale comparison...

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    IIRC, he's the first "deluxe" figure that is so thick, he can't fit on a regular blister. Mantenna and Modulok/Multi-Bot might be the same way.
    Don't forget Sagitar!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

I think he is perfect. Love.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Didn't realize his arms were bigger than He-Man's legs, maybe bigger than his own legs. Pretty awesome.

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    That is an awesome RamMan.

..although I question his raming abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by dark knight View Post
    You aren't alone.

I think he looks pretty rough. His face is awful, legs too far apart. Overall looks pretty bad IMO, which is sad really as I was looking forward to him. I don't get the love on here.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    You're insane via your own bias.
    Just because it's Classics doesn't mean it automatically has the best sculpt. I think Ram Man's arms are a little too big and long -- out of proportion with everyone else. It's not a huge problem for me though.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfly View Post
    You aren't alone.

I think he looks pretty rough. His face is awful, legs too far apart. Overall looks pretty bad IMO, which is sad really as I was looking forward to him. I don't get the love on here.
    Ram Man needs to look rough, he's Ram Man not Eternia's Top Male Model. It hardly matters as his helmet obscures most of it. His armor is fantastic which to me is the standout feature for him. Legs were never Rammy's strong point, but seeing as this is the first time you can actually bend his knees, it's a huge improvement over the last two.

Not sure what you always envisioned Ram Man to be, but to say he looks pretty bad is wayyyyy out there. Maybe you were never a fan of Ram Man to begin with? I don't get the hate!
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Heroic Warrior
    To me he looks great, he is suffering from the early mer-man syndrome, were the peg holes in his elbows interrupt the sculpt of the bracers,
    If I was to nit pic, I would agree with a few of the things that has already been said,
    I would have liked the arms to be a little shorter, and the helmet clip in to the armour, like the look of vintage figure, Eric said 'to him the head not being able to turn didn't work for him,'
    I can see his point, but also the Juggernaut figs I have look and work fine, having a removable helmet that sits in to the armour ,
    Having had a go at making a RamMan figure I can see were there must have been a few challenges.
    The horsemen have done a amazing job, and I for one can not wait to get that fat chunk of plastic in my mitts

sadly the most similar to the filmation ram man its the vintage toy
    motucustoms4sale@hotmail.com
    visit my albums:
    awesome trades with: harold, krosfyah, bobtheodd, Agostinho, boggs32, sallah, beastor
    Visit my facebook page 2917 likes already!!!!! XD
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...259610?sk=info

I'm perfectly content with Ram Man's size. I prefer the MYP look and size over the Filmation look but this Ram Man is a satisfying compromise between the two. I don't mind the squinty eyes either. He's a perfect figure in my book and I cannot wait to add him to my shelf!
    View my collection and customs HERE!