Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: MOTUC Ram Man discussion thread

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by jerec350 View Post
    I'm perfectly content with Ram Man's size. I prefer the MYP look and size over the Filmation look but this Ram Man is a satisfying compromise between the two. I don't mind the squinty eyes either. He's a perfect figure in my book and I cannot wait to add him to my shelf!
    My thoughts exactly jerec....

im ok with the size. but i wouldve preferred any of his other color schemes to this one.
    the red and green just look like bad xmas colors to me.

i wouldve preferred all red or red/orange or red/yellow
    but ya hopefully since this tooling cant be used for other figures it can get us some repaints

Quote Originally Posted by Inhibitor View Post
    Ram Man needs to look rough, he's Ram Man not Eternia's Top Male Model. It hardly matters as his helmet obscures most of it. His armor is fantastic which to me is the standout feature for him. Legs were never Rammy's strong point, but seeing as this is the first time you can actually bend his knees, it's a huge improvement over the last two.

Not sure what you always envisioned Ram Man to be, but to say he looks pretty bad is wayyyyy out there. Maybe you were never a fan of Ram Man to begin with? I don't get the hate!
    His face sculpt looks awful. Overly detailed and squinty. Not that there's a problem with a more detailed face as Jitsu looks amazing. But RamMans is just rough. Look at Teelas face, then He-Mans in the picture above. Now go look at Ram-Man. Awful.

Again, it's the fact that the legs are so thin and spread so far apart. If any figure in the line should have larger legs with thighs super close together it's him. Dude should have some powerful looking legs.

I loved the original Ram Man as a kid. Dude knocked down many of bad guys. So no, I didn't hate Ram-Man before, nor do I now. I just don't think this is best 4H work in the line. Thankfully they hit way more than they miss.

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by jerec350 View Post
    I'm perfectly content with Ram Man's size. I prefer the MYP look and size over the Filmation look but this Ram Man is a satisfying compromise between the two. I don't mind the squinty eyes either. He's a perfect figure in my book and I cannot wait to add him to my shelf!
    Well said sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfly View Post
    His face sculpt looks awful. Overly detailed and squinty. Not that there's a problem with a more detailed face as Jitsu looks amazing. But RamMans is just rough. Look at Teelas face, then He-Mans in the picture above. Now go look at Ram-Man. Awful.

Again, it's the fact that the legs are so thin and spread so far apart. If any figure in the line should have larger legs with thighs super close together it's him. Dude should have some powerful looking legs.

I loved the original Ram Man as a kid. Dude knocked down many of bad guys. So no, I didn't hate Ram-Man before, nor do I now. I just don't think this is best 4H work in the line. Thankfully they hit way more than they miss.
    Wow, I agree that everyone has their own opinions of each figure in the MOTUC, but even with the "problems" you see in Ram Man, I just can't see words like awful and miss being used to describe the Four Horsemen's work....
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar

I see it exactly the other way around Ram Man is based on a vintage illustration, thatīs what classics was about from the beginning(look at the initial year of MotUClassics).
    Jitsu is a complete new interpretation(not even based on filmation). He is representing a new direction of Classic which i donīt like, cause i think it takes the classics too far from their origin, which again takes away some nostalgia.
    In the start the classics were ment to give you the feeling that you had as kid when you were playing with the vintage MotUs. Thats why they are also so chunky and heavy.
    Furthermore they were ment to give us the figures we had in mind as kid and we thought we were playing with(after seeing the cardback illustration,etc).
    Ram Man is a parade example of that.
    I can see that some are dissapointed in not getting what they had in mind as kid, a filmation Ram Man obviously. Hope they put in a Filmation inspired head as a bonus with the Cardback repaint Ram Man later on.
    But the new hyper realistic faces starting with Bow going on with Icarius, Fisto and now Jitsu are going to far away from their roots for me. They are totally cool looking but they are not whats Classics are about for me( i donīt have a problem with Ram Mans face cause its no complete new interpretation. Its based on the cardback illlustration).
    Last edited by JimPansen; December 6, 2012 at 02:35am.

I'm definitely on the opposite side of the spectrum. Aside from the colors, this is cardback almost to a "T" and fits perfectly with the other MOTUC figs. The squinty face goes along with the overall presentation. A Filmation-styled face might look like it could work for an animated Jersey Shore, but it's just way off for MOTUC as would be the system-of-a-down-syndrome look of the old figure.

I can see the point about the legs not being close together. The trade off is he can actually move them! He now has more than two posing options, this isn't great?

The only thing that I miss about the vintage/filmation look is the sloped shoulder armor but man they really made those things brutal-looking!

Quote Originally Posted by JimPansen View Post
    I see it exactly the other way around Ram Man is based on a vintage illustration, thatīs what classics was about from the beginning(look at the initial year of MotUClassics).
    Jitsu is a complete new interpretation(not even based on filmation). He is representing a new direction of Classic which i donīt like, cause i think it takes the classics too far from their origin, which again takes away some nostalgia.
    In the start the classics were ment to give you the feeling that you had as kid when you were playing with the vintage MotUs. Thats why they are also so chunky and heavy.
    Furthermore they were ment to give us the figures we had in mind as kid and we thought we were playing with(after seeing the cardback illustration,etc).
    Ram Man is a parade example of that.
    I can see that some are dissapointed in not getting what they had in mind as kid, a filmation Ram Man obviously. Hope they put in a Filmation inspired head as a bonus with the Cardback repaint Ram Man later on.
    But the new hyper realistic faces starting with Bow going on with Icarius, Fisto and now Jitsu are going to far away from their roots for me. They are totally cool looking but they are not whats Classics are about for me( i donīt have a problem with Ram Mans face cause its no complete new interpretation. Its based on the cardback illlustration).
    Except for Filmation head, I'm 100% with you!

Also, what is a "parade example"? A perfect example of auto-correct?
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Inhibitor View Post

Except for Filmation head, I'm 100% with you!

Also, what is a "parade example"? A perfect example of auto-correct?
    I only want the filmation head for the filmation fans, not for me
    Parade example is the same as prime example. Thats what the translator says to me

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Ram Man is less than a month away!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Ram Man is less than a month away!
    Hell yeah!
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Now Ram Man might be at least a week away for subscribers. I hope they are ready to jump on the ball to ship out next week, after the 10th. By the end of sale week, subscribers should be getting their Ram Mans.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

can't wait can't wait can't wait!!!

i just hope his torso isn't backwards like on the recent proto that was posted.
    Part Needs: MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

Character wise Ram Man completes a puzzle that came out in the original days and That makes me smile. Even more so I love the look of him. This is a great looking figure. His size and sculpt are awesome. I can't wait for him to find his way into the display and more over to the end of the year castle diorama. Got one locked in..just need to manage a 2nd
    Find what you seek only when you look in the right places...