Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Ram Man discussion thread

Wandering the abyss, in search of an alliance of consequence.
    I just want him to come with dual hatchets like he had in MYP. I forget the episode but he's training with Buzz-Off and he's using dual hatchets. Thats how i see my Ram Man in battle, whens he's not crushing you with his body he's hacking you up. HAHAHA i forgot i already posted this exact same thing in this thread already. Teach me to pay better attention want it?

In the original line, Ram Man was one of the most common and easiest to collect. Now he seems like he's going to be one of the hardest and least likely with his unique sculpt.
    Bikini Teela: Hottest version ever!!

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Teela-Na View Post
    In the original line, Ram Man was one of the most common and easiest to collect. Now he seems like he's going to be one of the hardest and least likely with his unique sculpt.
    If any character with a unique, all-new scuplt will be coming to this line, it will be Ram-Man. He is the most in-demand figure that requires all-new sculpt without question.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Robot Knights 2) Stridor 3) Night Stalker 4) Tung Lashor 5) Squeeeze 6) Lizard Man 7) Roton 8) Multi-Bot 9) Ninjor 10) Dragstor 11) Saurod 12) Blast-Attak 13) Karg 14) Gwildor 15) Lodar 16) Mask of Power Demons 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man

Is Ram-Man in demand? Sure, he's an old character but didn't most people dislike him, a la Orko? I am not trying to be incendiary here; I am recalling when I was a kid on the playground playing He-Man, and no one wanted to be Ram-Man because he was, well, an idiot. Does he really have a big fan following?
    I want to smurf your smurf.

Quote Originally Posted by Teelor View Post
    Is Ram-Man in demand? Sure, he's an old character but didn't most people dislike him, a la Orko? I am not trying to be incendiary here; I am recalling when I was a kid on the playground playing He-Man, and no one wanted to be Ram-Man because he was, well, an idiot. Does he really have a big fan following?
    Lovers of the Mini-Comics and the 200X stuff have some fond memories of him, for sure.
    Plus he was a solid regular in the 80's, so most want him for being such a heavy hitter naturally.
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

MOTUC Ram Man is in demand. He is tied for 2nd place in MOTUC Idol in this thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...&postcount=177

Ram Man has always been one of my favorite MOTU figs. I think most of the characters (esp from the first couple years) of the vintage MOTU line are iconic and are in demand for MOTUC.

I would love to see him soon, but if it meant maintaining a broader ineterest in the line for the masses, I would be OK with him coing later. I'm in this for the long haul!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

I have read (and considered strongly) the idea of Ram Man done as a normal figure. I completely not only buy it as a possiblity, but belive this is presicely how it will be done. Articulated and wearing big armour. I see no reason he needs to be a unique sculpt. But he is a large amount of unique sculpts. Armour, Head, most of the legs.

I cannot wait for an articulated Ram Man with his short haft axe. And a head that moves! Removable "armour".

So not as easy as a Ninjor or Scare Glow (who are mostly skeletor, ect) but easier than say, Blast Attack or Rio-Blast, or even Kobra Kahn or most of the Horde.

Do you seriously see the Melded Leg Hollow Body weirdo sculpt? No Action Features equals a Ram Man that's an articulated normal buck with neat additions. And that's just aces.

Heroic Warrior
    First of all, Ram-Man MUST be made (unique sculpt or not).

And I'll add he should be made as soon as possible (we know he won't be in MOTUC in 2010, but then I'd say he should be one of the first figures for 2011).

Ram-Man is one of He-Man's "basic" and first allies. Same for Mecaneck and Man-E-Faces (none of them were announced so far).

Even though Ram-Man is far from being my favourite MOTU character, we need him. He's the only one of the early figures that didn't make it into MOTUC figure yet.

Now, how should he look like ? And what should he feature ?

Personally, I'd like him to have more movement than his previous incarnations...

I would like him to have the general look of the cardback. I'd like articulated arms, and a head that would be at least able to turn left and right (which might be a problem, because then the Horsemen would probably base the design of his head on the 200x figure, and this will make him different from the cardback ).

I'd like Ram-Man to have articulated legs, but with at least some "springy" movement (it shouldn't be too hard to create). Can you imagine your Ram-Man riding a steed for the very first time ?

We know for sure that there won't be any action feature. But like I said, a springy movement would still be nice, so he wouldn't lose his main specificity.

As far as his weapon is concerned, I'd like his usual and "classic" axe (see the 80's toy and the 200x toy).

Heroic Warrior
    As a minicomic fan, I really like the character of Ram-Man. I didn't think the original toy was any good though. Classics Ram-Man should look like he appeared in (no surprises here) He-Man Meets Ram-Man.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

I like to think that a unique sculpt Ram Man relies on the (to us, undoubted) success of Battle Cat. TG has mention "large scale beasts and figures". Beasts are obvious but I like to think the figures are Rammy, the (5) giants and a 200X Clawful.

Ram Man was probably my least played with MOTU figure 'coz he just didn't fit in with the others.

Quote Originally Posted by claw guy 3 View Post
    Beasts are obvious but I like to think the figures are a 200X Clawful.
    Not likely in the extreme.

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Robot Knights 2) Stridor 3) Night Stalker 4) Tung Lashor 5) Squeeeze 6) Lizard Man 7) Roton 8) Multi-Bot 9) Ninjor 10) Dragstor 11) Saurod 12) Blast-Attak 13) Karg 14) Gwildor 15) Lodar 16) Mask of Power Demons 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man

Shining in the Darkness Chronicler's Avatar
    I think we get one of the trio of Man-E-Faces, Ram-Man, and Mekaneck this year. My personal bet is its M-E-F this year since Tri-Klops gets his legs and arms made which means the amount of original tooling is limited (torso and head, really). We'll get one of the other two next year and the other one in 2012.

...which stinks, really. I want the line to last a long time, but I'd rather not wait until 2012 to get the corse Masters group of Man-at-Arms, Teela, Stratos, Ram-Man, Mekaneck, Man-E-Faces, the Sorceress, and Orko.
    ATTENTION:
    I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Heroic Warrior

Does Ram Man need a larger buck?

So, I know Ram Man is a character a lot of people are waiting on... And I know one of the things that keeps getting mentioned when people talk about him is that he needs a larger buck...

But, if you look at his appearance in the mini comics, early ones especially, I think he could actually work with the current buck. Yes, the vintage figure had the head all scrunched down into his shoulders and gave him this big blocky body, but I think that was more a necessity of design to fit his legs up inside. The mini comics version had a rather "standard" looking body with large "shoulder pad" style armor and a "bucket" helmet, though. In terms of size, he wasn't really any larger framed than He-Man or the other male characters. Even the legs look better than the overly bulky spring-type look of the toy's legs.

Of all the early vintage toys, I always felt like Ram Man just didn't fit in with the others, so I hope whatever we get in this series fits in with the look of the rest of the line.

So would we fans be happy with a mini comics version of Ram Man in the MOTUC, or is it a must that it be so much like the vintage toy?

I wonder if they'll make some large oversized armour, slap it on the existing male buck and call it a day?
    END OF LINE

Toyguru already said that when they get to Ram Man, he will be a 100% new sculpt.

Quote Originally Posted by Beastmaster View Post
    Toyguru already said that when they get to Ram Man, he will be a 100% new sculpt.
    This. He also said he will be in-scale with the other figures, just bigger width-wise, not oversized like 200x Clawful or something.

If you ask me its a no brainer, of course he will be much larger. If he wasnt he would just look like he was wearing football shoulder pads!

Ram-man for me he must have the same artuculation like te other figures, of course he have to have spring legs (only sculpted, not action feature).
    I was always saw Ram-Man as something like fantasy dwarfs only without the beard and i would like if he was just slightly shorter than normal figures, but twice broad shoulders

THAT would be a great FIGURE!!! Of course with his axe... BIG AXE
    That D-bait Guy From POLAND

Heroic Warrior
    I`m sure, the 4HM will scuplpt him with their pure awesomeness...

The only thing is, that he has to fit the Classics style.

So I wouldn`t expect to much height difference.

And please, don`t make him fat!!!!

This is one I'm hanging for, 4H will do Rammy justice, and i personally can't wait!!
    MOTUC is my thing!

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    When it comes to the 4H, I have complete faith they will do an amazing Ram-man. I find it funny that people keep wanting the orange version. The green and red version is going to be released. The orange version will probably be in a TRU pack. Except for King Grayskull (And that was different circumstances), Mattel hasn't released a variant yet on their Matty website. They seem to save their variants for the TRU 2 Packs.

I think it would be awesome if he would be the SDCC version with the orange and the online version with the green and red.
    Last edited by bskcase; February 7, 2011 at 04:28am.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Slaughter View Post
    No one wants the action feature. Even if they do, they're DEFINITELY in the minority.

I'm sure Mattel won't include the action feature.

Personally I believe they can probably use the standard buck body for Ram Man, but give him a rubber "skirt" piece around the legs and tool some new actual legs for him (but still MOTUC style) and save costs.

Then it's really only a new torso, head, legs and skirt attachment.

The legs could probably be reused in another figure.

Ram Man has to come along at some point as he was a pretty important character in my view. One of the essential MOTU figures in the early years.
    i am really worried that they are leaning towards an all new sculpt for ram man. he really should fit in with the other figures. with armor like optikk. & his legs should just look like snout spout's legs.
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    When it comes to the 4H, I have complete faith they will do an amazing Ram-man. I find it funny that people keep wanting the orange version. The green and red version is going to be released. The orange version will probably be in a TRU pack. Except for King Grayskull (And that was different circumstances), Mattel hasn't released a variant yet on their Matty website. They seem to save their variants for the TRU 2 Packs.

I think it would be awesome if he would be the SDCC version with the orange and the online version with the green and red.
    TERRIBLE IDEA! Sorry, but too many of us prefer the orange deco Ram Man. It would be insulting to only be able to get that in San Diego, for not all of us can afford to go. Also, we got Man-At-Arms in cardback colors so Ram-Man should come that way as well.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

I think it would be a regular figure. The issue with him is he’s going to probably have to be a completely new tool. I think to do it right, he’s got to be. But the problem with him compared to a lot of these other newly tooled figures, is once you’re done with Ram Man there’s really not much else you can do with that [tool]; Where even with some of the monsters and more strange characters, there’s reuse. So that guy…he’s definitely a grail for us and for a lot of people, but he’s just one where they’ve got to be able to find the right time to drop him into the line and make him affordable.
    after reading this statement from one of the fourhorsemen, I think ram-man is a bit far in motuc.
    perhaps the solution is that the figure should be a little cheaper.

so I ask

Would you accept a ram-man made with a cheap and hollow plastic(as a vintage figure)?

Last edited by heavy-eternium; February 28, 2011 at 09:11pm.