Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Ram Man discussion thread

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    after reading this statement from one of the fourhorsemen, I think ram-man is a bit far in motuc.
    perhaps the solution is that the figure should be a little cheaper.

so I ask

Would you accept a ram-man made with a cheap and hollow plastic(as a vintage figure)?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/09...0/RamMan-1.jpg
    No, I would not. They can make Ram Man. They have had numerous 100 percent tools--they just reused parts from them eventually.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Robot Knights 2) Stridor 3) Night Stalker 4) Tung Lashor 5) Squeeeze 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back-half!) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 12) Saurod 13) Blast-Attak 14) Karg 15) Gwildor 16) Lodar 17) Mask of Power Demons

Slightly wider Torso, Abdomen and Crotch could be reused for Leech. Using this wider body and putting a Tunic like Mo-Larr's robe and that's it.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    Slightly wider Torso, Abdomen and Crotch could be reused for Leech. Using this wider body and putting a Tunic like Mo-Larr's robe and that's it.
    Good point! If they build a new "wide buck" then they could start using it the way they're using the current buck and build "skins" for them.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I actually made a poll about this, at least in part. It asks what height you want Ram-man to be. It's still active if you are curious.
    Good Trades with: MOTU_Maniac, bmoore, Riddle of Steel, sandrockgundam04, Brian Ozone, and blue monkey.

Illustration of Ram Man in MOTUC

Has anyone given a rendering of how Ram Man might look in MOTUC style?

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    im still just speculating

Personal Service Provider Agostinho's Avatar
    I figured his upper arms could be from other guys, but yeah Ram-Man should be a 100% tool, and why not? I don't understand all this talk of him HAVING to be reused. Many MOTUC guys will have to be new.

Ram-Man can be re-used for Ram-Man himself. They have 2-3 viable color schemes to choose from. A third can be counted if they wanted to do a 200x nod in either repainted gold armor MYP color scheme or some tooling to make the armor more 200x ornate. Through multiple re-releases (multi-packs, repaints, and that he's a popular original character) Mattel would more than make their money back. He's too A-lister.

Plus as said before, other characters have been 100% new tools. I feel Mattel is holding out on Rammy to keep people into the line, which is fine (er, not so much for Rammy fans...). Money was an issue in 2008-2009. Not now. Uhhh we got Tytus and the Four Horsemen are vocalizing their wishes to finally do Castle Grayskull. So maybe Mattel can create Grayskull, but Ram-Man will break the break?

Not sure if anyone has posted this idea yet. But since they get a bigger tooling budget for Comic Con, why not have Rammie be the exclusive 100% new tooling. Toy colors for con, and card back colors for the re-release after con.

Quote Originally Posted by Agostinho View Post
    Plus as said before, other characters have been 100% new tools. I feel Mattel is holding out on Rammy to keep people into the line, which is fine (er, not so much for Rammy fans...). Money was an issue in 2008-2009. Not now. Uhhh we got Tytus and the Four Horsemen are vocalizing their wishes to finally do Castle Grayskull. So maybe Mattel can create Grayskull, but Ram-Man will break the break?
    Yeah, but which 100% new tools haven't been reused yet? Tytus? Each new tool has had parts that were reused so far. And for figures with parts that haven't been used, well, it's few and far between. Roboto's torso, for instance, probably will stay with Roboto, but I'll bet you his arms will turn up elsewhere.

My point is that there is no reason why Ram Man couldn't be 100% new, but built in such a way that his parts will be useful at another time. Like I stated above: you just build a new wider buck. Bascially, the torso and arms will be bigger and plain. Ram Man's armor and clothes can be built separately and put over it (with his new head as well, of course). Then, he'll either have new legs, or standard buck legs with some items put over the legs to make them look like Ram Man's legs (you know they could do it; they've done amazing things with the same buck a number of times now).

I don't see why they shouldn't continue the theme of reuse in this line and build a 100% new Ram Man, BUT build the parts in such a way that they'll be useable elsewhere.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

As I said before the wider torso/crotch can be reused on Leech.
    Sagitar could use the wider crotch and lower Torso
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

If Ram Man doesn't look like this, I'll riot!

NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    ^ You might want to get your riot gear ready if Man e faces is any indication! I just don't understand why the designs strayed from the cardback art??? We got the 8back and 2 of the 12back right out of the art, including inverted gauntlets and black fur and waving hand! there's only rammy and manny left.
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST NYTF 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue -Mermista - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: Imp - 3 main twiggets

I can see the vote now:

Cross sell-Orange Rammy
    Classic Toy Colors

or Combination of both which will win because it will be the only one they will show us.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

That is a good question Red/Green (toy) vs Orange/Red (cardback) vs Maroon/Pinkish red (Mini comic)

Has anyone done a classics custom or even a classics-style mockup in photoshop? I havent seen one....Rammy was always one of my favorites.

Like with Man-E-Faces, I do prefer these cardback cross-sell colors for Ram Man. I just hope sculpt-wise they go for a more footballer build rather than the big-gut and troll-faced 2002 version. And let's make him quite not such a dolt character-wise, shall we?

I, too, would like to see someone do a mock up drawing of a MOTUC Ram Man as we have seen with some other figures in the past. I am really curious how they will tackle the legs. I think they should have the spring/coiled look, but have articulation as well and I dont know how well that is going to translate into toy form.

Heroic Warrior
    If it`s go well with the design, I´m all forimprovements, I hope, the 4HM scuplt the ultimate look.

This is going to be more difficult than Roboto or Buzz Off, who had definitive designs.

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post

http://www.mastersunbound.com/box%20...am_man_ill.jpg
    This version, please.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Robot Knights 2) Stridor 3) Night Stalker 4) Tung Lashor 5) Squeeeze 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back-half!) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 12) Saurod 13) Blast-Attak 14) Karg 15) Gwildor 16) Lodar 17) Mask of Power Demons

Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post

http://www.mastersunbound.com/box%20...am_man_ill.jpg
    Agreed. It is about time we get this version tweaked 4HM style.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayton72 View Post
    Has anyone done a classics custom or even a classics-style mockup in photoshop? I havent seen one....Rammy was always one of my favorites.
    Found this on google

EDIT: Oh wait I thought you meant classic colours on the vintage. Sorry
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VaultsofGrayskull View Post
    As a minicomic fan, I really like the character of Ram-Man. I didn't think the original toy was any good though. Classics Ram-Man should look like he appeared in (no surprises here) He-Man Meets Ram-Man.
    I think he should like the way he did in the mini-comic.
    He should use the standard buck with armor on top the way like my custom, I used TrapJaw legs but they could use Snout Spout legs:
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Judeh Simon View Post
    Have you not seen the Twiggets?
    HAHAHA!!!!! I literally laughed out loud for that one. I hope to never see the day arise when the only characters left are Twiggets, Manchines, Trollans, and...Green Goddess forbid...the Widgets.
    "You don't wanna beat me or screw me!? What kind of marriage is this? Bring a book." -- Jerri Blank to her pretend husband Ronnie Leggett, from "Strangers With Candy"

Court Magician

Ram-Man

If it comes down to a vote, will you vote for the vintage red toy color version, or the cardback orange version?

I'd like to see the cardback orange version first.

there is the mini comic third option... Red and maroon
    I'm voting Toy colors...