Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Ram Man discussion thread

They'll be making him next tuesday. True story. Heard it from a guy.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    Ram-man is a very much demanded character and for sure we will see him down the line. I myself would prefer sooner than later. I would like him to be slightly be bigger like his 200x counterpart. I just know when we see him, we are going to be blown away. I think the 4 Horsemen will take him on with a lot of love to the character.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Heroic Warrior
    I'm fairly certain he won't be coming out this year.

Best case scenario he'll show up at SDCC for NEXT years January figure. Someone like Ram Man will sell Subs... doesn't make sense that they'd release him late in the year...

I only hope he's not sub only.... I'd still like to see him as SDCC figure so we can get both orange and red.

Heroic Warrior
    I hope he comes in 2013! I'm so waiting for him!

When He-man and Beast-man first appeared on Matty, i was hoping for Ram-man as a 2009 Figure!

I hate tat they keep saying that he is a 100% tool.
    He is, but there can be a lot of reuse when they use him for the bigger buck.

Heroic Warrior
    My guess is that Ram-Man will be a 2014 figure and that Mekaneck and Jitsu will be early 2013 figures to sell the sub. I think that holding back Ram Man for as long as possible is the best way to ensure the longevity of the line. After all, they've burned through all of the other mainstays already.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Heroic Warrior
    I hope he is at least an early 2013 figure. Soon as Mekaneck and Rammy come out, I'll consider my collection complete.

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Teela-Na View Post
    Well I hope he looks more like the mini comic. That is the best version of him where he doesn't look squat or goofy but looks like a formidable force to be reckoned with.
    This is what I want too. I hate the squat version of Ram Man. I would much prefer the standard buck be used.
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

I won't be surprise if the new Ram Man is produced with no leg articulation to stay true to the vintage (but no action feature), but just bigger and more detail. Kind of what we have now with all the sculpted non-working dials (to simulate the vintage gimmick) or the new King Hssss snake hydra's simulation of being able to fit inside the human torso.
    Last edited by oehtam; March 2, 2012 at 05:11am.

He better have leg articulation! He won't have an action feature so there's absolutely no reason for him to be less articulated than other figures. And I too hope that he'll be based on his first mini-comic appearance - that was the only time I remember seeing him in media where he wasn't portrayed as either a short or disproportionately large lumbering oaf. It's time Ram Man got some respect.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post
    I hope he is at least an early 2013 figure. Soon as Mekaneck and Rammy come out, I'll consider my collection complete.
    Add Mantenna (whom I hope looks like the staction) to round out the first wave of Horde members, and I'd agree with this.

Ram Man and Mekaneck are the last remaining heroes from 1982-1985 left to be finished. Once I got those characters, the line could end suddenly and I would have a sense of satisfaction (we will have reached the "safety point") with almost all of the 1982-1985 MOTU characters.

After that, it's Rio Blast, Extendar, Rokkon, Stonedar, Clamp Champ, Gwildor and Rotar to go!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    I would like a Ram man a little shorter than the normal figures

Quote Originally Posted by Morningstar View Post
    I would like a Ram man a little shorter than the normal figures
    I agree 100%

...just as long as its a vintage toy update...

I am TERRFIED that they might cheap out when making a Ram Man an make a "skinny/standard buck using" mini comic Ram Man for his release....

I really hope they don't give him "regular buck" parts.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

I could see him maybe being the SDCC exclusive in a year or two with a different color scheme for the Mattycollector one.

Heroic Journalist MldMnrdReporter's Avatar
    I would be super bummed if he was only an SDCC exclusive. Super super bummed.
    Gwildor: Moo? Moo.
    He-Man: Gwildor!
    Gwildor: I'm going, I'm going...Moo!

Quote Originally Posted by MldMnrdReporter View Post
    I would be super bummed if he was only an SDCC exclusive. Super super bummed.
    If they did that, they'd still have a version that would be sold at Mattycollector.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    They'll be making him next tuesday. True story. Heard it from a guy.
    I will believe that Ram Man is FINALLY coming out when I see Pixel Dan getting to do a video review on him....

Heroic Journalist MldMnrdReporter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    If they did that, they'd still have a version that would be sold at Mattycollector.
    But we'd have to fight the White Screen to get him rather than have him included in the sub. I'm all for skipping out on Matty during sale day.
    Gwildor: Moo? Moo.
    He-Man: Gwildor!
    Gwildor: I'm going, I'm going...Moo!

Heroic Warrior

What''s the over/under on Ram Man

Will we get him this year? Will he be an exclusive for next years sub? SOMEONE must know SOMETHING

Quote Originally Posted by aric View Post
    Will we get him this year? Will he be an exclusive for next years sub? SOMEONE must know SOMETHING
    I say next year, along with meckanek.

If I don't get a little, useless lever "homage" coming out of his heel, I won't buy it.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Filmation fan & proud redsquadron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eterniandreams View Post
    I hate tat they keep saying that he is a 100% tool.
    Don't be sayin' that about Rammy! He's a cool guy..
    I survived the 2013 sub ordeal!
    "We achieved the impossible, and that makes us MIGHTY" (Mal Reynolds, captain of Serenity)

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oehtam View Post
    I won't be surprise if the new Ram Man is produced with no leg articulation to stay true to the vintage (but no action feature), but just bigger and more detail. Kind of what we have now with all the sculpted non-working dials (to simulate the vintage gimmick) or the new King Hssss snake hydra's simulation of being able to fit inside the human torso.
    There will be no end to my disappointment if this happens. For once in my life I want a Ram-Man that can move his legs (and I don't mean up into his abdomen).

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post
    Soon as Mekaneck and Rammy come out, I'll consider my collection complete.
    Matty and TG are very aware of comments like this, which is a good reason to start spacing the remaining A- and high B-listers more between releases.