Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Snake-Face Discussion Thread

MOTUC Snake-Face Discussion Thread

I've seen many speculation threads out there and I wanted to pay heed to one of my favorite villains in the MOTU mythos with his own one.

Snake-Face was and is, my favorite of the Snake Men, bar none. I just thought his concept was awesome, having snakes erupt from his eyes, mouth, chest, etc and the appearance being so horrid it petrifies people to stone.

A male Medusa essentially.

I loved his 2002 animated appearances.

So I must ask; if the time comes, how would Mattel pul this figure off? Didn't they say there would be no action features? Would the snakes come seperate that could be inserted into the proper areas on the figure, or a seperate head?

Has me wondering.
    "You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness

Arizona Mazter of the Universe

Heroic Warrior
    I would assume a separate head. The 200X staction was great, and I hope the figure emulates that version.

*Makes way for 1000 "classics" purists.*

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    I'd like to see action on the figure but having a seperate head WITH snake inserts wouldn't be bad either.

I am betting on two heads, and believe that it would look and work best for the purposes of teh line. The 200X version does have a great look to it, though, and I hope to see some serious influence from it in Classics.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

two heads. easiest way, and most likely, as it keeps the costs down.

Two heads are better than one! Hah, I'll be performing here all week folks. CDs are on sale after the show!
    My for sale items:200X moc figures Roboto,Kobra Khan,Syklone,PrinceAdam,Whiplash,Beastman,Rattlor, Man at Arms,Orko,Trapjaw,Two Bad, Buzz Off,etc.Gi Joe 25th anniv moc figures for sale, vehicles, multi-packs, Neca staction figures series 1-6 moc. Castlevania 20th anniversarty Artbook pack $35, Living Dead Dolls, 3' Frankenstein.[/COLOR

Snake Face is my favorite of the Snake Men as well. I'd really like to see him before Kobra Khan.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Faceless Glow View Post
    Two heads are better than one! Hah, I'll be performing here all week folks. CDs are on sale after the show!
    Hey! That's my bit, FG! I'll sue!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I was always intrigued by him, partly because he looked wicked and partly because the figure was so elusive for me. I'll be stoked if they produce him. I think a 2nd head or just properly worked attachments could work just fine, but perhaps by the time they get around to him, they'll be able to do some action features too.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Two heads.

The obvious answer is two heads. One could have the wild serpent hair with snake eyes and serpent tongue, the other would have slicked back hair with normal eyes and closed mouth. The body snakes could easily come out of the armor. He would be the easiest of the snakemen to do.
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

I think we might be lucky to even see SF. He'd be nearly all new parts, wouldn't he

His hands, feet and boots could be shared but that's about it.

I really hope we get him. At least the staction is awesome

Well, I'm usually not a fan of action features. For instance, Ninja Force (G.I. Joe) took very articulated and versitle action figures and turned them into useless chunks that did one action, rather than any action you can think of.

MotU was always different in that respect. They didn't often bar most of the figure's action to put in another. Ram Man might be one, but the figures didn't start out as articulated as a G.I. Joe, so you weren't missing as much. So, with Ram Man, it was enjoyable because of the character; it's who he was. With Ninja Force, it ruined characters by making them do things that didn't need to be done.

So with figures like Snake Face, I understand that we won't be seeing action features, but I totally wouldn't mind it if he still had his! Snakes popping out of his body and face is just awesome. So, I'll be sad to see the feature go. From what we've seen so far, I assume we'd get two heads (snakes with without) and then many snakes to plug into the body. What I'd hope for is various snakes in different positions; straight out and striking, coiling around, wavy, etc. On top of that, it would be cool to have the snakes be interchangable; you could stick them anywhere you wanted (where ever the normal places for snakes to pop out would be).
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Faceless Glow View Post
    Don't forget to tip your waitress. Enjoy the veal!

Srly, I lovelovelove Snake Face. I wasn't able to snag a staction, so I'd really like to see him get the 2 head MotUC treatment - especially if he comes with that cool shield!

I hope he has a snake face.
    Toys, Movies, TV Shows and more reviewed at the pop culture mega site... INFINITE HOLLYWOOD.

With the snakes popping out of his body, I don't see why they can't incorporate that action feature into his removable armor in such a way that it doesn't interfere with the articulation.

With the snakes popping out of his eyes though, two heads will probably be easier to make, but I don't see why they can't pull in a "Webstor" and create a head with snakes as inserts that may be manually pulled out individually. Yeah, that might increase the cost of tooling, but it'll still be a cool thing to have.
    Got Fur

I want a Glimmer by the end of 2012 and Extendar by 2013!
    Other Wants:
    MotU: Rokkon, Stonedar, Dragstor, Modulok, Multi-bot, Horde Trooper, DB Skeletor
    PoP: Peekablue, Madam Razz, Lighthope, Kowl
    NA: Quakke, Sagitarr
    MYP: Hawk, Queen Andreenos, Lord Dactys
    Mini-Comics: Kex Queen, Tug-of-War Yellow Warrior, King Hiss' Slave Girl

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Man Walking View Post
    I would assume a separate head. The 200X staction was great, and I hope the figure emulates that version.

*Makes way for 1000 "classics" purists.*
    I am with you on this one. The 200x staction made Snake Face look a thousand times better than his classic counterpart.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

I am a classics man so I want a classic Snake Face. I never had him as a kid and wasn't that familiar with the character. He has grown on me more as an adult.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

For me two heads, and the old one I'd had the same mechanisms of original AF!

Classic & 200X fan
    I love the idea of two heads, that's awesome. And I really hope they go the way of MYP. That version made him great.
    big geek

A big fan of Slush Head
    I think we need at least one snake man next year. People are craving for one.
    And back on topic, Snake Face does need two heads.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

I figure they'll be two heads. As much as I'd rather just have the action feature in tact.

At any rate...they'll have to use soft rubber on the snakes or they'll be prone to easily breaking off.

And I'm with the people who said the staction is the way to go.

It's a billion times better than it's vintage counterpart.
    Click on Amazon or Barnes and Noble for a free sample of my first book, Paradigm Shift Saga: Malediction!

A short story of monsters and magic!

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    Only a few days now - I'm officially excited about Teela!

Murphy's Law, I've got an evening course on the 15th. I'll be home to order my Zodaks (they go on sale 5pm UK time), but it'll be cutting it fine.
    Still trying to decide if I can afford the two Ghostbusters releases too - particularly the $60 12" Ray.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Two heads seems the most viable option.

Snake Face was my first Snake man as a kid. I would bet for two headed version as well. I hope he'll look more interesting as the original. Actually, Snake Face was/is a male Medusa. I would love to see a Snake Woman on the side of King Hiss.... but well. Nevermind....
    http://decorvo.mybrute.com

Nothing represents more the unexplainable vacuousness of the human race, than the unfounded and arrogant blind faith in the ruthless and narcissistic transcendence of itself.

Wish list; http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=166721