Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Snake-Face Discussion Thread

Does he have 2 heads?
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    Does he have 2 heads?
    he did at the show but by the time they are done cutting parts from him he may only have 1...if we are lucky.

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyCruel View Post
    And I understand the cost cutting but as far as I am concerned the Hordak feet are more closer to the vintage look:
    I think I prefer the use of Hordak feet. At this point, the very distinctive Skeletor feet are greatly overused in the Classics line.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Yes, Hordak feet are good.

Beasts were made to kill Mamblo's Avatar
    Hordak Feet, I'm sick of the demon feet!

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    I also prefer Hordak feet on Snake Face. Skeletor feet are overused in MOTUC.

How will work the chest snakes in the MOTUC figure? They will be articulated? removable pieces?
    Last edited by Snake Hunter; September 24, 2012 at 08:31am.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Hunter View Post
    I also prefer Hordak feet on Snake Face. Skeletor feet are overused in MOTUC.

How will work the chest snakes in the MOTUC figure? They will be articulated? removable pieces?
    I hope they'll not work like the Extendar shield... all the broken pieces all around are a bad omen for the figure...
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

I think he is the most detailed and complete looking MOTUC figure so far. I love everything about him.

Not that I'm complaining, because I'm not bothered much either way, but I wonder why they went with straight snakes on his shield instead of recreating the curvy intertwining snakes from the vintage one?
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sorceress View Post
    he did at the show but by the time they are done cutting parts from him he may only have 1...if we are lucky.
    They're cutting parts already!?

And I'm behind the Hordak feet, for the record.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

I posted this in the main Powercon thread, but it's appropriate here too.

I like Octavia and Karatti, but I love the Snakemen, particularly as a faction. I love them more than the Horde. So I was most interested in Snake-Face.

1. The normal head sculpt looks very, very good. Lot's of Snake MAA elements in there, and that makes him quite scary looking up close. I think it may be one of the best in the line.

2. I thought for a moment that he wouldn't have the snake tongue protruding, but I'm THRILLED that he does. That's a major 200x element that just adds to the horrific/mythological/Ray Harryhausen aspect of the character.

3. The uniquely sculpted shoulders and biceps really kick the figure up a notch. BAM!!

Unless there are any hidden QC issues, I don't see anything to complain about with Snake-Face at all. Fans of the vintage and 200x should be 100% pleased.

Between Kobra Khan, Rattlor, and the snake warrior army builders, the Snakemen figure for figure are the 3 scariest and most horrific toys on the toy shelf.

It's just a crime the Four Horseman and Mattel failed so pathetically with King Hsss' design and QC. Evey other member of the Snakemen has been a home run.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    It's just a crime the Four Horseman and Mattel failed so pathetically with King Hsss' design and QC. Evey other member of the Snakemen has been a home run.
    this is 1 time that it's not good to be the king.

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    At first I wondered if the 4HM sculpted the hair like snake tails on his head - and they DID!

Definately my favourite reveal! Also one of my very first action figures.
    And yes I like him even more than the staction (which looked a bit to convoluted with all that red and purple).

If I had to create a weapon for him it'd be a hammer or a big mace (with snake ornaments) to crush his "turned into stone" enemies.

Oh and of course he should get the HORDAK FEET !
    They'd work even better as they look like the ones of the vintage figure AND his staction.
    Last edited by Dragonblaster; September 24, 2012 at 11:18pm.
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Yeah, I have to say - this guy blew me away. Even knowing he was coming did not tamper his awesomeness. I never had him as a kid, but I always thought he was cool. But something about the 200X Staction just didn't do it for me. But this guy recaptured the magic, I think.

Funny thing is I hate the vintage figure but was most excited to see him updated to Classics. After we saw the shield at SDCC I figured we would see a glimpse of him at PC. I couldn't be happier with this figure, I am pumped for 2013! This head reminds me of the Medusa from the original Clash of the Titans. Has that creepy, scaly Harryhausen look. I wonder if the Horseman had that in mind when sculpting it?

Heroic Warrior
    Give him Hordak feet, the Skeletor feet are overused, too many figures got them already.

Hordak feet would make him pop.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    I think I prefer the use of Hordak feet. At this point, the very distinctive Skeletor feet are greatly overused in the Classics line.
    I would have liked the hordak feet as well.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Lizard-Man, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Nocturna, Masks of Power Demons, Horde Wraiths, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Snake Armor He-Man

Heroic Warrior
    Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    One thing that's bothering me is the snake tongue. Vintage Snake-face has a tongue not a snake coming out of his mouth. They need to change that.

Guys do you think a petition for hordak's feet on snake face would help?

I don't think so. It's a preference for about a handful of people, not something like Stinkor's forearms or black plastic.

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar

Have you ever noticed that the thing from the mouth, in the vintage toy, is a tongue and not a snake?
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

Evil Lord Of Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    Seriously?
    Hiss, just behind Skeletor and next to Triclops, is my overall favoured MOTUC figure. Well, his human form, at least.
    Pretty much agree with anything else you said

The vintage one seems to have details on the upper legs while the classics one seems to use the plain human legs

New scaly upper legs are needed to match scaly shoulders!
    Last edited by Mamblo; September 25, 2012 at 09:28am.

Quote Originally Posted by Keldor/Skeletor73 View Post
    Seriously?
    Hiss, just behind Skeletor and next to Triclops, is my overall favoured MOTUC figure. Well, his human form, at least.
    Seriously. The snake torso is pathetic and is less than the even the vintage version - it has less snakes. Fail. That's all the 4 Horseman. It feels like a rush job to meet the deadline.

The human torso by itself, is a thing of beauty. I think King Hsss has one of the best head sculpts in the line.

Unfortunately, Mattel did everything humanly possible to screw it up.

1. King Hsss has reversed shoulders, which do in fact hinder his articulation. It's also quite obvious visually due to the large gab in the armor layers.

2. King Hsss should have gotten a brand new torso instead of the armor piece glued over the human buck. His arms stick out noticeably from his sides. I suspect this was a budget issue. I'd be inclined to be understanding and give this one a pass, but not in light of all the other QC issue with him.

3. The crotch piece is made of a very hard plastic that, again, limits the articulation.

Those three QC problems - all Mattel - combine to hurt my enjoyment of the otherwise perfectly sculpted human version of King Hsss.

The snake torso is just a sad, lackluster rendition of the snake version of King Hsss that's all on the 4 Horsemen.

King Hsss is one of my all time favorite MOTU characters, and he was one of my top 5 figures I was looking forward to in Classics. It was a letdown due to the many QC issues and the snake torso. King Hsss is not the worst figure in the line, and I still like the figure to a degree, but that's only because I'm such as huge King Hsss fan.

I'd drop the current figure in favor of a King Hsss 2.0 or a 200x version in a heartbeat.

Pretty much agree with anything else you said
    Yeah. Figure for figure so far, Rattlor, Kobra Khan, and Snake Face pretty much ensure the Snake Men are the best faction released in MOTUC so far. Although the Evil Warriors and the Space Mutants aren't far behind.

Put me down for Hordak feet too, if we still have time to change 'em.
    check out my artwork at geooco.blogspot.com