Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1st Sorceress - The Matriarch

Evil Master of Meejitz super-munkyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Divia View Post
    I think she looks cool, except for the tale. Not diggin that part.
    Aye people don't seem fussed by the tail. Its connected to her head dress if that helps, its not part of her body.
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

Commissions - [TBA]

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    Well she looks amazing enough. The story as well will now make The Sorceress and The Goddess as equals and seperate entites.
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Just bumping this as Baena mentioned this on Roast Gooble and made me have a big grin at work

Commissions - [TBA]

its nice but its not my Sorceress she should stay the way that she has always been. why change a great thing for somthing lesser that what it was at the start?

@Ginuwine - But this is NOT the Sorceress. This is a very different character, yet an ancestor.

Commissions - [TBA]

So I am totally ready to read the novels that should accompany the story and character. Very well written and nicely illustrated.
    Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. G'Kar Babylon 5
    A warning on a chainsaw

DAVI MUST DIE!!

Movie mayhem!
    Quote Originally Posted by super-munkyboy View Post
    Just bumping this as Baena mentioned this on Roast Gooble and made me have a big grin at work
    Really? what did he say? I haven't been able to dig into those pod casts yet

@DueBert - Its coming

@Patreek - I can't remember the exact words, but they wer talking of ways to link the Sorceress and Goddess and Baena mentioned the Matriarch, which made me smile.

Commissions - [TBA]

She is awesome, you have a new fan!

'The Matriarch' concept is really interesting - I love a good genesis story.

Can you give me some more information?

I would love to tie this into the classics cannon a bit more ... can you give me any more ties to veena (family tree), the sorceress or any interaction with the Trollan's and their power sword?

How does the Matriach attack the snakemen? Does she swoop down and attack them in the energy form?

Any more images?

PS. I like the tail in her costume its very timely for the snakemen era!
    TOP 5 MOTUC MUST HAVES:
    1. Mermista
    2. Angella
    3. 200X Sorceress
    4. Snake Armor He-man & She-ra (See here for Hunter Knight's custom) 2-Pack
    5. Madame Razz w Broom

@Yogopop

Thanks, I'm glad you like her.

As for your questions, here we go, and I think my ideas are going to nark a few people off, but here we go.

I would love to tie this into the classics cannon a bit more ... can you give me any more ties to veena (family tree), the sorceress or any interaction with the Trollan's and their power sword?

So The Matriarch is the precursor to The Sorceress and Goddess characters. When she dies, the power of the planet Eternia gets split. I've always been fond of planets having a soul and powers of its own. So 1/4 goes to The Goddess. 1/4 to the Sorceress and the remaining 1/2 goes back to the planet itself. These measurements may change, I'm trying to find a sensible balance, but lets use these amounts for arguements sake. Now The Sorceress and Goddess of this very early time period are The Matriarch's daughters.

Sharella is made the Goddess, and she has the ability to travel dimensions, and controls nature. She is also immortal. However it is her curse. She does something terrible in order to protect the tribe, and while it is in the name of good, a price must be paid as balance. Hence she must travel alone and when she is needed, she must return to Eternia and train the protectors of the power. In the fan fic things happen, but I've only found time to write the prologue. Needless to say The Goddess is very wise, but the centuries alone have made her cold. Training of the Guardians of the Sword of He becomes part of her role as commanded by the planet. More info into how the planets and Trollans are linked are here - http://he-man.org/forums/boards/show...llan+overlords

Just my idea mind.
    The reason for her snake armour, bar the seperation of the Quetzlcoatl is based on the Rod of Asclepius, which was the Greek symbol of medicine, a snake coiled around a staff. I don't think ALL the Snakemen on Eternia were evil, just those under the thrall of Hsss and his predcessor King Hydrasss/ Wraptor (Patreek's creation)

The Sorceress is slightly different. The other twin daughter stayed behind in the village and guarded the children, kept them safe and protected them. I've tried to combine the motherly instincts of Filmations Sorceress with the battle instincts of the MYP Sorceress. She is then assigned to protect the powers of Eternia, and the Well of Eternia from which they sprung. Now this is where I take a few liberties.
    This Sorceress does not have the gift of immortality and she never takes a husband. Instead she needs to find new bearer of Sorceress mantle. Now the site of the Well of Eternia is where Grayskull will eventually be built. Its the centre of ALL power on Eternia. There are leylines that all meet at Grayskull site and portions of the power move down them. Now I see that certain women in a generation get the calling to be the next Sorceress. The planet guides them to the site, where the current Sorceress will train them. I've got plenty of different ones planned, not all are good, but their prescene at the site does have an effect on the environment. Eventually time goes on and Castle Grayskull is built with Veena being the FIRST SORCERESS OF GRAYSKULL. I think its fair to say that some Sorceress's that bear a child have an heir, but not all of them.

Wow I've said a lot there.

How does the Matriach attack the snakemen? Does she swoop down and attack them in the energy form?

Well the energy form is what took all her power and caused her ultimate death. However she is skilled in magic and armed combat. In fact very skilled. She was to become the leader of her tribe if her father passed on.

Short but sweet answer.

As for new pictures, here the latest one from Legend of Jer on Deviantart, was well chuffed to see this -

Commissions - [TBA]

The Matriarch by Kat Nicholson

My good friend Kat Nicholson drew this version of the Matriarch as a birthday present for me. Nothing short of amazing... I had to share.

Commissions - [TBA]

Rebel Engerizer Bunny Princess Adora NJ's Avatar
    Amazing--doesn't do it it justice. it's marvelous and awe-inspiring.
    For a peace and love in our universe- MotU and POP together !
    I have the power, and so can you!

Follow me on the Council of the First Ones Podcast.

Support The Great Rebellion Collector's Club

Princess Adora NJ

Been a while since I updated. I won the character creation contest on the He-Man Fans Deviantart group, and the prize was a commission by Gavin Michelli / gavinslayer.

He had a choice between The Matriarch and Jaw-Breaker. Guess who he chose!

Here is the WIP -

I wish I could enter her in the current contest with Mattycollector, but I know I would never be comfortable with the bio the powers that be would give her.

Commissions - [TBA]

Movie mayhem!
    Yay!! Thats awesome! And grats on the win buddy!

Heroic Warrior
    I love the primal look she has!

Wow - I think the character is awesome and I love the way you have tied Sorceress and Goddess into her history as her children. Love the influence and costume - the small details make it very special. I would love to tackle her as an art subject myself, maybe, after the She-Ra redesign is over with.
    Leeloomina´ Lekatariba Lamina-Tcha´ Ekbat De Sebat

Snappy Threader
    I think she looks amazing, and I love the story. Great work!

Well Gavin Michelli/ gavinslayer finished my Matriarch prize, just take a look... WOW!

Commissions - [TBA]

This is just her rough sketching, but good friend and awesome artist Naniiebim, has made a start on my Matriarch sketchbook box art!!

Commissions - [TBA]