Thread: Ask Matty March 2014: Questions & Answers

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

Ask Matty March 2014: Questions & Answers

Now that TG is answering Unnamed One questions, let's go...

Unnamed One Q&A is under the SPOILER tags

Skeletor

Little confused with Skeletor/Demo-Man and Keldor. We see Demo-Man standing with Skeleteen but then see Skeletor is risen, Did Keldor and Demo-Man automatically combined again or is Skeletor purely all Keldor and Demo-Man is running around free now?

As shown in the 4th mini comic, Keldor is a power hungry sociopathic racist. The merger with Demo-Man saved his life after being burned with his own magic acid. It changed him physically (skull head, claw feet) and greatly enhanced his powers. It did not change his personality.

Mix all that with a semi-justified rightful claim to Eternos that he was denied, and you have one bad combination for He-Man!
    The UNO and Infinita

Keeping the new info in mind and looking back through older information...Am I crazy thinking that the UNO raided Infinita and that is why the Gar refugees came to Eternia?

Nope. But if you look at the last few maps there are clues to the Gar's back story.
    Balance of Power

Love the MOTUC Story so far things are just heating up.

King He-Man Era with all the Bio's and last mini-comic I getting that until Dare is of age King He-Man's ally is Skeletor against UNO and his new Snake Army led by Lady Slither plus Despara who now leads the Horde. With Skeletor fighting on the Masters side is this the balance of power spoke of by the Cosmic Enforcers?

You did get one thing right on, we're just getting warmed up!
    So we know some of the new characters names

Do we have a name for the golden female android(?) that warns the Trollan defenders of the incoming Revenge Squad?

According to the script, her name is RoboWoman.
    UNO recieved

well, i gotta say its an ok figure..sure was alot of buildup for what was somehow was leaked a while ago.. i dont know, i guess i was hopping it wasnt what i saw and it was.. ( spoiler alert ) fun fact: Gorpo his name, was originally going to be Orko's name..but they went with Orko because of the "O" on his shirt would save animation because you could just flop the cell over if you want him changing direction. you couldnt do that with a "G" on his shirt cause it would read backwards. Anyway, thanks for him even though the surprise got spoiled for me.

Yup! That is a well known little known fact.
    What's the idea behind UNO's second head?

It almost looks like some Hannibal Lecter-like face manacle. I was hoping that you could shed some light on what this head is supposed to represent?

This is a battle helmet. Something Eric really wanted to add when we were discussing the details of the figure; and as it fit into the tooling budget we were happy to include it!
    So UNO's spell effect accessory...

Back when you talked him up you mentioned that it would be explained what exactly the importance was when he was released? Well, as a fan I'd like to know the answer because the comic nor the bio answered it?

It is a snap on magic blast, similar to what we did for Castaspella. An accessory the Horsemen added. Pretty cool huh?
    UNO Origin Story

Am I correct in assuming that the Unnamed one did NOT start out as a Trollan, but sometime in the course of his lifetime came to possess Gorpo?

The bio says he was an overlord of the timeless dimension, not Trolla...

To get the full picture you need the bio, the map and the mini comic. Together they unlock a few important details.

Trolla is in the Timeless/Eternal Dimension (see the map). A high council of Trollans are indeed the Overlords as confirmed for the first time. Gorpo was once one of them, but he attempted to steal the Power of the Universe and was stripped of his form and banished to the Nameless Dimension/Foresaken Realm. He created the SM as instruments of his revenge by having different armies of Snake Men raid different planets to plunder magic and power for him. Once he gained enough power/broke free it was clearly really bad times as Dare has to kill him to stop him. Two of his high ranking Snake Men are King Hssss and Lady Slither. He caused a lot of havoc on a lot of worlds as his chief Snake Men lead their armies and raided, enslaved or ate the population on his orders.

Now go back and reread all the bios with this info in mind and a lot should be clearer!
    Hans Hammer Holder

I love the new characters introduced in the new mini-comic, but let me be the first to officially request Hans Hammer Holder for 2016! We must be allowed to display his awesomeness on our shelves!

For 2016, that would certainly be a cool idea! But not before then!

Hydron Needs a Second Head

Mattel has really hit it out of the park with all the New Adventures figures, but I feel like Hydron really needs a second head for display purposes.

I realize that with all the tooling, the figure probably cost a lot already, but if we get a 2015 sub, if there are ANY extra funds left , can you guys consider making him an unhelmeted head and packing it in with another character (similar to Strobo and Zodak head)?

Definately a cool idea and maybe something we can do down the road!
    MOTUC Canon

You've referenced the bios being written out since the very beginning. Is the full MOTUC story written out covering all of the content of the bios and mini comics? We've been able to piece so much together but someday it would be nice to just read the story, start to finish someday!

There was a 7 page treatment written to connect the dots, but it doesn't really read as a story. It was more a guide to help map things out.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; March 15, 2014 at 01:16pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Well, I don't have the comic (or figure) yet, but it all makes sense to me and fits with how I've seen the Bios heading. I wonder whether the Unnamed One is behind the Time Wars, as they must happen around Dare's time as He-Ro.

PS:I already want a figure of Lady Slither, and I haven't seen her.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    PS:I already want a figure of Lady Slither, and I haven't seen her.
    Me too. So far Despara, Lady Slither, Draego-Man, Light Hope are the good new creations.

- - - Updated - - -

Some new stuff has been added...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    There was money in the tooling budget for The Unnamed One to have a second head, but not Captain Hydron, who was almost always shown NOT wearing his head gear in the cartoon. *shakes head in disappointment*

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Me too. So far Despara, Lady Slither, Draego-Man, Light Hope are the good new creations.
    I like The Great Black Wizard, too...and Hans Hammer Holder looks like a cool cross between Fisto and Tytus. I like new things as long as they're cool. All of the above are indeed, very cool.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Crystal Moonbeam & Shezar The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I like new things as long as they're cool.
    Me too! I want to be wowed by new stuff.

Unfortunately the majority of new things we've gotten so far have been extremely disappointing. My reaction to much of the new stuff is either "ugh" or "meh".

I just see it all as wasted opportunities by Mattel. They have an extremely talented group in the Four Horsemen. Arguably, the two coolest new MOTUC designs are Draego-Man and Light Hope. Hand over full creative control to those creative people! They respect the property and have a very good understanding on what fans like, because they are fans who also happen to be really phenomenal toy makers.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Agreed, these are fine additions.
    Regarding these: Mattel, shut up and take my money.
    Mini-comic Garn!
    http://old.he-man.org/primary_sects/...50/07-08.shtml
    ----------------------------------
    Sagitar, Saurod, Skytree and Songster.

I want every single new character shown, including the 80's CAC runners up... except maybe Netta, lol. That will take some convincing!

I wonder who came up with the new characters? New characters always seem to take a ton of heat but the general consensus on these seems to be really positive!
    MELIAC in MOTUC! We need a mutant, alien, cyclops, reformed baddie, sheriff in the mix!

PLEASE ANNOUNCE DRAGSTOR SOON!

I'm not sure if Scott read the Skeletor question all the way through or else chose not to fully answer it. We still don't know what happened to Demo Man.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    I'm not sure if Scott read the Skeletor question all the way through or else chose not to fully answer it. We still don't know what happened to Demo Man.
    I took his answer to mean that Skeletor was always merely Keldor, with Demo-Man's power and some physical mutations. In the SOH era Demo is a free agent, and what they revive is Keldor with his face completely melted away, now powered by other means (hence the new armor). Maybe the armor is created by the same means as in the DC comic, since it looks basically the same. So...still Skeletor (Keldor) but they changed his battery.

Though, it's weird he seemed to have had a change of heart as he died, so I really don't know.
    MELIAC in MOTUC! We need a mutant, alien, cyclops, reformed baddie, sheriff in the mix!

PLEASE ANNOUNCE DRAGSTOR SOON!

I like the optimism I am seeing about the 2016 line and possible new life for the brand. It is really refreshing amongst all the usual "if we get a 2015" and the usual doom and gloom.

I am not entirely happy with the answer to that green blast question though. Scott had previously said that the blast represented a specific spell.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

I'm probably alone in this thought, but I really don't want figures of the original 1980's runner's up figures- Waffle Woman, Big Brain guy, etc. However, I DO want figures of the modern runner's up... in a big way!! And can't wait to see if Mattel has Dare and the Trollan dimension warriors planned for 2016. If so, sign me up for the foreseeable future!
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    I'm probably alone in this thought, but I really don't want figures of the original 1980's runner's up figures- Waffle Woman, Big Brain guy, etc. However, I DO want figures of the modern runner's up... in a big way!! And can't wait to see if Mattel has Dare and the Trollan dimension warriors planned for 2016. If so, sign me up for the foreseeable future!
    Not alone, I want them all.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Heroic Warrior
    My guess would be that, should we get 2015 but not a 2016, what Mattel would do is something similar to what they're doing with the DC figures; We'd get maybe 4 figures and a bonus figure a year to keep the brand alive and have SOMETHING to sell on Matty.
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb