Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Extendar Thread

Hybrid View

MOTUC Extendar Thread

This is not a thread for Extendar haters, so if you are an Extendar hater, please go elsewhere.

How do you think Mattle should make Extendar in 201X? Should he have the action feature, should he have attachments, should he be just a normal figure that cannot extend? Which one will you buy?
    Got Fur

I want a Glimmer by the end of 2012 and Extendar by 2013!
    Other Wants:
    MotU: Rokkon, Stonedar, Dragstor, Modulok, Multi-bot, Horde Trooper, DB Skeletor
    PoP: Peekablue, Madam Razz, Lighthope, Kowl
    NA: Quakke, Sagitarr
    MYP: Hawk, Queen Andreenos, Lord Dactys
    Mini-Comics: Kex Queen, Tug-of-War Yellow Warrior, King Hiss' Slave Girl

I will buy whatever they put out there, but I will be somewhat disappointed if he doesn't have the action feature. Some of the magic is lost having to stick on extension pieces.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Novelty View Post
    This is not a thread for Extendar haters, so if you are an Extendar hater, please go elsewhere.

How do you think Mattle should make Extendar in 201X? Should he have the action feature, should he have attachments, should he be just a normal figure that cannot extend? Which one will you buy?
    Extendar has haters??? He should have attachments to simulate his extending power.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I will buy whatever they put out there, but I will be somewhat disappointed if he doesn't have the action feature. Some of the magic is lost having to stick on extension pieces.
    This is a toughie...even most modern Mr. Fantasic figures have snap on parts.

But maybe if they use this old Mr. Fanstastic figure's action feature as a reference.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Extendar's gonna be a tough one.
    He's gonna need a ton of new tooling no matter how they do him.

The only thing I can really think of for a cost-saving measure would be to design the extending feature to have the same key/plug system at every spot so they can just include 5-6 of the same "extender" pieces instead of unique pieces for arm vs. leg, etc.

But while they're waiting, trying to figure it out, waiting for enough tooling dollars to free up, I'll just take a 200x-style Extendar Staction, please and thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    Extendar's gonna be a tough one.
    He's gonna need a ton of new tooling no matter how they do him.

The only thing I can really think of for a cost-saving measure would be to design the extending feature to have the same key/plug system at every spot so they can just include 5-6 of the same "extender" pieces instead of unique pieces for arm vs. leg, etc.

But while they're waiting, trying to figure it out, waiting for enough tooling dollars to free up, I'll just take a 200x-style Extendar Staction, please and thank you.
    yeah this seems like a good idea. that way you can have him punching someone from across the battle field

Extendar "talk to the hand cause the face can't hear ya"

Webstor " oh come ..."

Extendar " no really, i mean it. i can barely hear you and there is a microphone in my hand. my head is all the way over here jerk"
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Modular "extender" pieces would be great. Then they could put out a new accessory pack of those pieces and all two of the Extendar fans will get them.
    Got Fur

I want a Glimmer by the end of 2012 and Extendar by 2013!
    Other Wants:
    MotU: Rokkon, Stonedar, Dragstor, Modulok, Multi-bot, Horde Trooper, DB Skeletor
    PoP: Peekablue, Madam Razz, Lighthope, Kowl
    NA: Quakke, Sagitarr
    MYP: Hawk, Queen Andreenos, Lord Dactys
    Mini-Comics: Kex Queen, Tug-of-War Yellow Warrior, King Hiss' Slave Girl

That Mr. Fantastic pretty much had the same feature as Extendar, actually. I had both.

I LOVED Extendar. I always thought a knight was long overdue in the line. He looked great, and I used to re-create the scene in the commercial where he made himself into a bridge for the heroes all the time!

The action feature is probably out, simple as it is. I'd be okay with exchangeable limbs. Really, Extendar might be one of the easier guys to make with existing molds. They'd really only have to make a new head, armor, gloves and boots. The reast could pretty much use the existing molds. I'm hoping we get all-new leg and arm sculpts though. We'll see.

he'd need to have replacement parts for the most part. I think he'd have to be a $30 deluxe figure to be done properly
    Fneh's MOTUC wishlist:
    Spikor, MYP Marzo, Snake Armour He-Man, Stinkor
    Fneh's MOTUC needed list:
    King Grayskull, Beastman, Stratos head

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    maybe if they use this old Mr. Fantastic figure's action feature as a reference.
    You do realise that the original Extendar's action feature was exactly the same? Surely it'll be easier to just use the vintage figure as reference, no?

I feel that while an extra neck attachment might work for Mekaneck, the same approach may not for Extendar, since he needs an extended abdomen, neck, arms, and legs. Probably worth making him as a newly tooled sculpt.

I have my faith in the 4HM. I can't imagine how, but I'm sure they'll come up with some brilliant solution for this challenge!

I do think that I'd like snap-on parts more than the action-feature. Extendar has always been pretty bad at keeping his limbs (and head) extended. I used to hate that when I was little, eventhough I loved the character.

Heidi
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Although Ideally I would want him to actually extend at this rate I'd be happy to have a stagnant Extendar fig.
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    You do realise that the original Extendar's action feature was exactly the same? Surely it'll be easier to just use the vintage figure as reference, no?
    The vintage Extendar was thick as hell, way thicker than the normal size. I used that Mr. Fantastic as an example of the technology being better, resulting in a thinner figure. Extendar isn't wearing a suit of armor...he IS the suit of armor.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    I want Extendar to be that thick.

That's part of what was cool to me, in that it was a pretty intensive transformation to go from a stocky, tank-like dude to someone so tall and lanky-looking.

Extendar has haters???
    I'm in agreement. Extendar has haters? I thought he was one of the cooler figures and wished that Filmation would've used him and Rio Blast in the cartoon... more so than Snout Spout... or Hose Nose... or whatever.

Why can Hasbro do fully articulated figures that transform into cars with seats pilots and everything and Mattel can't do 7 simple extending limbs? These figures are $20 each. I'm disappointted with BA He-Man. Even more with Mekaneck and even even more with Extendar. Those are all characters that NEED their action feature. And weren't we told once that characters like EXTENDAR, Rokkon or Stonedar would keep their action features as that is what defined the characters...?
    JOIN THE GREAT REBELLION - COLLECTOR'S CLUB TODAY!
    http://www.facebook.com/TGRClub

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I'm one of Extendar's biggest fans. His figure is one of my most favorite in my collection and I loved his story in the Marvel comic and in the magazine. The minicomic wasn't so great.

Unfortunately, I think it will be a long while before we actually get to see him. He does need a complete new sculpt and its very unique, so I doubt he will be recycled.

I would also hope they can do limb extensions, but again, I'm thinking of the tooling cost. I would love Mattel forever if they release him, but I don't hold out much hope for him.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    Why can Hasbro do fully articulated figures that transform into cars with seats pilots and everything and Mattel can't do 7 simple extending limbs? These figures are $20 each. I'm disappointted with BA He-Man. Even more with Mekaneck and even even more with Extendar. Those are all characters that NEED their action feature. And weren't we told once that characters like EXTENDAR, Rokkon or Stonedar would keep their action features as that is what defined the characters...?
    The fact is MOTU just doesn't have the demand or the budget that Transformers has.

Regardless of what Mattel said in the past, their current position is that there will be no action features in this line.

Unless it's a simple rotating part like Tri-Klops' visor, all figures that need their action features to exist will just have them simulated with clip on parts.

I want Extendar to be the same size as the other characters (except when he extends). He wasn't super thick in his mini-comic appearances or Star Comics. I wouldn't like the 80's limitations to define the character.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...aGearX/003.jpg
    http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...aGearX/011.jpg
    http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...aGearX/012.jpg
    I agree - I want him the same basic size as the rest of the figures. 1) MegaGearMax hit it on the head: I would hate to see 80's limitations define the character. 2) He would look ridiculous on the shelf as the only character in the line of a different size. "Who's that really thick dude and why is he up there with your MotUC figures?"

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I think Mattel will go with the attachments, and that's fine with me. I'm certain that when they get to him, he will be amazing. I would love to add this fella to my collection. I never had Extendar as a kiddo.
    Same here - I think attachments are fine, and I wouldn't even care if they were only for the head and arms. I never had Extendar as a kid, so I'll just be glad to get him.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    These figures are $20 each. I'm disappointed with BA He-Man. Even more with Mekaneck and even even more with Extendar. Those are all characters that NEED their action feature. And weren't we told once that characters like EXTENDAR, Rokkon or Stonedar would keep their action features as that is what defined the characters...?
    All I've ever heard is that this line will not have action features ... and I'm fine with that, as long as we get something to simulate the look. I don't really play with mine (I know there are some that do, and that's cool); so as long as I can pose them in a cool way, I'm happy.

if they go with attachments they should be hard and strong, because bendy attachments can't support the weight of a figure. (See Toy Biz's Fantastic Four movie Reed Richards with interchangeable streched parts.) MOTUC are more husky than the F4 Movie toys and the bendy parts would collapse under the figs weight.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

I want Extendar to be the same size as the other characters (except when he extends). He wasn't super thick in his mini-comic appearances or Star Comics. I wouldn't like the 80's limitations to define the character.

Last edited by MegaGearMax; September 2, 2009 at 03:09pm.

Where is this comic from and is it available to read here on the .org???
    Mattel... Please bring back 200x styled stactions!!

That's one of the old Marvel/Star comics, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by kenobi96 View Post
    Where is this comic from and is it available to read here on the .org???
    Masters of the Universe#5. From STAR comics (a Marvel imprint).

Masters of the Universe#5. From STAR comics (a Marvel imprint).
    Thanks!! Guess I'll have to dust off the archives and dig that one out and read it again!!
    Mattel... Please bring back 200x styled stactions!!

Yes, I want an EXTENDAR action figure!

I finally bought one of the vintage ones on my trip to NYC last July. He's really cool! I'm betting the 4H will do something really special with him!
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!