Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Extendar Thread

MOTUC Extendar Thread

This is not a thread for Extendar haters, so if you are an Extendar hater, please go elsewhere.

How do you think Mattle should make Extendar in 201X? Should he have the action feature, should he have attachments, should he be just a normal figure that cannot extend? Which one will you buy?
    Got Fur

I want a Glimmer by the end of 2012 and Extendar by 2013!
    Other Wants:
    MotU: Rokkon, Stonedar, Dragstor, Modulok, Multi-bot, Horde Trooper, DB Skeletor
    PoP: Peekablue, Madam Razz, Lighthope, Kowl
    NA: Quakke, Sagitarr
    MYP: Hawk, Queen Andreenos, Lord Dactys
    Mini-Comics: Kex Queen, Tug-of-War Yellow Warrior, King Hiss' Slave Girl

I will buy whatever they put out there, but I will be somewhat disappointed if he doesn't have the action feature. Some of the magic is lost having to stick on extension pieces.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Novelty View Post
    This is not a thread for Extendar haters, so if you are an Extendar hater, please go elsewhere.

How do you think Mattle should make Extendar in 201X? Should he have the action feature, should he have attachments, should he be just a normal figure that cannot extend? Which one will you buy?
    Extendar has haters??? He should have attachments to simulate his extending power.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I will buy whatever they put out there, but I will be somewhat disappointed if he doesn't have the action feature. Some of the magic is lost having to stick on extension pieces.
    This is a toughie...even most modern Mr. Fantasic figures have snap on parts.

But maybe if they use this old Mr. Fanstastic figure's action feature as a reference.

if they go with attachments they should be hard and strong, because bendy attachments can't support the weight of a figure. (See Toy Biz's Fantastic Four movie Reed Richards with interchangeable streched parts.) MOTUC are more husky than the F4 Movie toys and the bendy parts would collapse under the figs weight.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Extendar's gonna be a tough one.
    He's gonna need a ton of new tooling no matter how they do him.

The only thing I can really think of for a cost-saving measure would be to design the extending feature to have the same key/plug system at every spot so they can just include 5-6 of the same "extender" pieces instead of unique pieces for arm vs. leg, etc.

But while they're waiting, trying to figure it out, waiting for enough tooling dollars to free up, I'll just take a 200x-style Extendar Staction, please and thank you.

That Mr. Fantastic pretty much had the same feature as Extendar, actually. I had both.

I LOVED Extendar. I always thought a knight was long overdue in the line. He looked great, and I used to re-create the scene in the commercial where he made himself into a bridge for the heroes all the time!

The action feature is probably out, simple as it is. I'd be okay with exchangeable limbs. Really, Extendar might be one of the easier guys to make with existing molds. They'd really only have to make a new head, armor, gloves and boots. The reast could pretty much use the existing molds. I'm hoping we get all-new leg and arm sculpts though. We'll see.

he'd need to have replacement parts for the most part. I think he'd have to be a $30 deluxe figure to be done properly
    Fneh's MOTUC wishlist:
    Spikor, MYP Marzo, Snake Armour He-Man, Stinkor
    Fneh's MOTUC needed list:
    King Grayskull, Beastman, Stratos head

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    maybe if they use this old Mr. Fantastic figure's action feature as a reference.
    You do realise that the original Extendar's action feature was exactly the same? Surely it'll be easier to just use the vintage figure as reference, no?

I feel that while an extra neck attachment might work for Mekaneck, the same approach may not for Extendar, since he needs an extended abdomen, neck, arms, and legs. Probably worth making him as a newly tooled sculpt.

I have my faith in the 4HM. I can't imagine how, but I'm sure they'll come up with some brilliant solution for this challenge!

I do think that I'd like snap-on parts more than the action-feature. Extendar has always been pretty bad at keeping his limbs (and head) extended. I used to hate that when I was little, eventhough I loved the character.

Heidi
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Although Ideally I would want him to actually extend at this rate I'd be happy to have a stagnant Extendar fig.
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

Same as Mekanek--he has to extend in some way.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

I'd have to think that he (and Mekaneck) will have snap on extensions.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    I hope that Mattel maintained outside the actions features from this adult MOTUC line. The 4H are definitely doing a great job with this, looks Battle Armor He-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    You do realise that the original Extendar's action feature was exactly the same? Surely it'll be easier to just use the vintage figure as reference, no?
    The vintage Extendar was thick as hell, way thicker than the normal size. I used that Mr. Fantastic as an example of the technology being better, resulting in a thinner figure. Extendar isn't wearing a suit of armor...he IS the suit of armor.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    I want Extendar to be that thick.

That's part of what was cool to me, in that it was a pretty intensive transformation to go from a stocky, tank-like dude to someone so tall and lanky-looking.

Heroic Warrior
    I hope he has his old action feature.

He was my second favorite figure of all time.

The body should be a heavy piece with the classic extension feature the original had.

I would like to see snap-on attachments for the head, arms and legs. The leg extensions would be solid, sturdy pieces with maybe the look of a bend or stance molded into them but still able to support the figure. The arms and head however I'd like to see made out of a light weight, bendable material. something that would snap into the heavier body of the unit and not cause alot of unbalance. Yet still posable.

Either way I'll be happy to get any new Extendar figure.

Aw man, I LOVE that figure! I always wanted him when I was little, but never got him until way later, at a flea market.

Anyway, as everyone has been saying, this is gona be a tough one! As it was also said, he's gona have to be an all new figure (and, honestly, he wouldn't be as cool unless he was). Also, he'd be HUGE! He was already a wide, large figure as he was. I'd hope he'd be just as big! As for the action feature, well, I understand interchangable parts, but if he's big enough, I don't see why his original feature wouldn't still work! The extending parts in the arms and legs can be above the knee and elbow joints, and I wouldn't mind losing the chest joint to allow for the original feature to work. If they do that, then the neck wouldn't be a problem!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

For the record, I don't like BA He-Man at all and so do many others. To me, the figure's existence is totally meaningless without a rotating cylinder in the chest. I am happy that he is a bonus figure so I will not have to buy it. Same goes for Extendar, Mekaneck, Rokkon, Stonedar, Rio Blast and all figures whose action feature is a must.
    JOIN THE GREAT REBELLION - COLLECTOR'S CLUB TODAY!
    http://www.facebook.com/TGRClub

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    I think Mattel have won (and will won) a lot of money reusing parts in MOTUC (even Zoar is reused in DC CLASSICS), so please, give us Extendar with his action feature, even if Extendar have to had an unique sculpt. Attaching parts to a figure is boring and always the parts get lost.

I also think that a multiarticulation is incompatible with ExtendaR ACTION FEATURE. Doesn´t mind for me. I prefer the action feature over multiarticulation.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

I want Extendar to be the same size as the other characters (except when he extends). He wasn't super thick in his mini-comic appearances or Star Comics. I wouldn't like the 80's limitations to define the character.

Last edited by MegaGearMax; September 2, 2009 at 03:09pm.

Where is this comic from and is it available to read here on the .org???
    Mattel... Please bring back 200x styled stactions!!

That's one of the old Marvel/Star comics, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by kenobi96 View Post
    Where is this comic from and is it available to read here on the .org???
    Masters of the Universe#5. From STAR comics (a Marvel imprint).

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Masters of the Universe#5. From STAR comics (a Marvel imprint).
    Thanks!! Guess I'll have to dust off the archives and dig that one out and read it again!!
    Mattel... Please bring back 200x styled stactions!!