Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: MOTUC Extendar Thread

I had Extendar as a kid (well, it was my brother's), so I do have the vintage nostalgia happening, but the knee thing doesn't bother me at all. I can see how some people might be bothered, simply because it is a change, but I kind of think it looks better? I love how he turned out and I can't wait. Finally, after all these years, I get MY OWN Extendar and I don't have to ask for permission to play with it!
    MELIAC in MOTUC! We need a mutant, alien, cyclops, reformed baddie, sheriff in the mix!

PLEASE ANNOUNCE DRAGSTOR SOON!

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreann'ot View Post
    Finally, after all these years, I get MY OWN Extendar and I don't have to ask for permission to play with it!
    Oh boy, this is so ambiguous
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    I doubt they wanted to "waste" resources creating a whole new buck for one figure many don't feel is extremely important, I know I don't see a lot of people who are too concerned with her. And "cheapest" is a subjective term as it is probably done this way to fit in the budget for the year, not every figure will get the full treatment to create unique tools. If the line was sold as each figure was budgeted out and they sold them all individually and wanted to make a unique tool for each, they would need to sell more of each at a much higher price per unit. And that just wouldn't work, this line is based off of a lot of parts reuse to help with costs and fit everything into the yearly budget.
    I dunno about that. Tallstar was used as the poster figure for the anti-dumpy-crotch campaign. The Star Sisters in general are frequently referenced in "missed opportunities" type of threads, where many folks complain about such things as lack of accessories, Jewelstar's inability to transform or lack of representation for the action feature, the incorrect placement of Tallstar's legs on the hip piece, Starla's missing back pack, loose joints on Tallstar, colors used, etc., making them perfect candidates for 2.0 releases.

So far as action features and unique tooling are concerned, Mattel told us Tallstar and Jewelstar would be treated like the male figures in the line.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    I think I'm the only guy who was never bothered by Tallstar's crotch area. While Mattel missed out on making her waist extendable the long crotch area kinda makes up for it. So it suits her imo.
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

I bought extendar at Canada's Wonderland, a Theme Park just north of Toronto, they had the Power Tour and I took a picture with Skeletor and Hordak, they gave away the Eternia poster there at the show, the first time I ever saw clamp champ was on that poster. and the toy store had brand new MOTU stuff, Extendar, Rio Blast, Stilt Stalkers, Jet Sled, Tower Tools Scubattak etc. just SEEING this extendar brings me back to that day, makes me feel great.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    He does look fantastic, Extendar has become one of my favourite characters in the last few years, so I've been anticipating his MOTUC figure for ages. The boots splitting apart doesn't both me much and I'm glad he doesn't look fat like Sea-Hawk.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

I remeber getting Extendar at KayBee many years ago and opening him in the car. None of my friends believed he was a Masters character because he looked so different. He is one of my favs, so I'll have to get a 2nd one somewhere to display extended. One coming via sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreann'ot View Post
    I had Extendar as a kid (well, it was my brother's), so I do have the vintage nostalgia happening, but the knee thing doesn't bother me at all. I can see how some people might be bothered, simply because it is a change, but I kind of think it looks better? I love how he turned out and I can't wait. Finally, after all these years, I get MY OWN Extendar and I don't have to ask for permission to play with it!
    No one should ever have to ask permission to play with their Extendar....I think that's the law or something

If Exstendar took Exstenze what would happen?
    DARKDREAM IN MOTUC !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    Oh boy, this is so ambiguous
    Boys will be boys.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    I bought extendar at Canada's Wonderland, a Theme Park just north of Toronto, they had the Power Tour and I took a picture with Skeletor and Hordak, they gave away the Eternia poster there at the show, the first time I ever saw clamp champ was on that poster. and the toy store had brand new MOTU stuff, Extendar, Rio Blast, Stilt Stalkers, Jet Sled, Tower Tools Scubattak etc. just SEEING this extendar brings me back to that day, makes me feel great.
    That's awesome. I love stories like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    No one should ever have to ask permission to play with their Extendar....I think that's the law or something
    You went there too, eh? I need to watch my wording more carefully.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skeledor View Post
    If Exstendar took Exstenze what would happen?
    You too?? Lol. To the Tar Swamp with the lot of you!!!!
    MELIAC in MOTUC! We need a mutant, alien, cyclops, reformed baddie, sheriff in the mix!

PLEASE ANNOUNCE DRAGSTOR SOON!

i can't wait for him
    Wants Crita Veena Angella Imp Mermista Peekablue Tung Lashor Evil Seed Lizard Man Prahvus Saurod Gwildor Ninjor Ssquueeze Sagitar Calix Tuskador Perfuma Spinnerella Dragstor Vultak Dylamug Masque Sebrian Dree Elle Montork Miro Blast Attack Multi-Bot Granita Hawke Hunga Kittrina Quakke Butthead Hoove Darius Spinwit Nocturna Kayo Lizzor Artilla Vizar Staghorn Rotar Twistoid Sunder Drissi Caz