Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 250 of 586

Thread: MOTUC Extendar Thread

  1. #226
    Heroic Warrior Stygian360's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,817
    With all due respect H.O., I'm looking right at the figure and although you're right it's not exact a case could be made that- simply for the cost savings in the reuse of existing parts if nothing else- they are close. Were I Matty looking to save a few bucks on tooling, I'd look to TJ's legs (again) before I'd create something new. That's all I'm really saying.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

  2. #227
    Heroic Warrior uaxuctum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Barcelona / Madrid, Spain
    Posts
    773
    Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    and perhaps even reuse the Trap jaw legs since they bear at least a passing resemblance to the vintage Extendar's.
    If, after like a trillion reuses, Mattel dares reuse Trap Jaw legs one more nauseating time, I'll go on a hunger strike. Plus they don't resemble Extendar's legs, and fans shouldn't accept being shortchanged like that once again for cheapness's sake.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

  3. #228
    Heroic Warrior EagleOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Roanoke, VA
    Posts
    909
    I'm excited for Extendar. The later years were my MOTU years, so the current reveals are more exciting for me.

    I think that they could use thighs that match Rio Blast and Extendar and then make new boots.
    I'm pretty sure the boots will have to attach uniquely because they will have to be removable to add extension pieces in.
    Same with the Forearm/Gloves. The neck piece will probably be a repainted Mechanek neck piece (and I'm ok with that).
    The one piece I'm curious about is the torso extension and how that will be accomplished.

  4. #229
    Heroic Warrior Stygian360's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,817
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleOne View Post
    I'm excited for Extendar. The later years were my MOTU years, so the current reveals are more exciting for me.

    I think that they could use thighs that match Rio Blast and Extendar and then make new boots.
    I'm pretty sure the boots will have to attach uniquely because they will have to be removable to add extension pieces in.
    Same with the Forearm/Gloves. The neck piece will probably be a repainted Mechanek neck piece (and I'm ok with that).
    The one piece I'm curious about is the torso extension and how that will be accomplished.
    Ironically, the neck guard/chest armor is the one area where I don't see Mattel reusing parts. It really should be an entirely new piece anway since it bears only a very slight passing resemblance to Mekanek/Stinkor's guard. The buck reuse would really be all about the upper body and those TJ legs again. And as Matty has proven many times by now, the upper body and TJ legs are really where they cost save the heck out of this line!
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

  5. #230
    Heroic Warrior Hosed Ovor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    727
    Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    With all due respect H.O., I'm looking right at the figure and although you're right it's not exact a case could be made that- simply for the cost savings in the reuse of existing parts if nothing else- they are close. Were I Matty looking to save a few bucks on tooling, I'd look to TJ's legs (again) before I'd create something new. That's all I'm really saying.
    We're only going to get one Extendar figure. As a fan of the character I would much rather they do him right than cut corners. Trap Jaw's boots aren't remotely close to the vintage figures boots. Using your logic they might as well stick Extendar's head on Trap Jaw's body and save tons on tooling.

  6. #231
    Working for The Man Saved's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Louisville/Ft Knox, KY
    Posts
    904
    Still waiting for Jon Wes. Is he ok?
    Jii Dee regarding Matty's view on MOTUC Collectors: "Here be whiny surrender monkey dragons".

    MOTUC NEEDS: Tung Lashor, Rio Blast, Sssqueeze, Dragstor, Saurod & Lord Masque.

  7. #232
    Heroic Podcaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    IOWA
    Posts
    1,421
    I am thrilled for Extendar! PLEASE get the pearlescent white right!

    As much as I want Blast Attak, I do hope we get Rio Blast in 2014. He is my number one want!
    Angella - BLADE! - Blast Attak - Buzzsaw Hordak - DOUBLE TROUBLE! - Dragstor - ELDOR! - ENTRAPTA! - EXTENDAR! - FLUTTERINA!
    Flying Fists He-Man - Gwildor - Lazer Light He-Man - Lazer Light Skeletor - Mermista - MultiBot - Ninjor - Peekablue - Perfuma
    RIO BLAST! - Rotar - Saurod - Spinnerella - Sssqueeze - SWEET BEE! - Terror Claws Skeletor - Tung Lashor - Twistoid

  8. #233
    Riot Averted... Zargon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Dark Hemisphere - Texas Region
    Posts
    3,112
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdcore View Post
    That means that Rio Blast will very likely be in 2014. I would bet he will be on the 1st quarter to boost sales.
    I thought that it was Extendar one year and Blast Attak the other, not Rio Blast. I'm still thinking Rio Blast will be 2014's $35 holiday item.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants Sagitar, Lizard Man, Tung Lashor, Mermista, Sssqueeze, Ninjor, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue

  9. #234
    Heroic Warrior Stygian360's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,817
    Quote Originally Posted by SunDevil View Post
    *SNIP* I do hope we get Rio Blast in 2014. He is my number one want!
    Totally and absolutely this!!! ---^
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

  10. #235
    Heroic Warrior bribri4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Fairview Heights, IL
    Posts
    1,956
    Well according to what clues have been given and TG comments we should expect half of the remaining this year.

    1) two Snake Men remaining so either Tung Lashor or Sssqueeze
    2) two Horde remaining and with Multi-Bot being an oversized sku I would say expect Dragstor
    3) it was said Blade won't be the only movie figure this year. So either Gwildor or Saurod are coming
    4) with Extendar's tease that leaves three Masters Rio Blast, Gwildor, and Rotar I would say one more in 14 and 2 in 15.
    5) the evil warriors have four remaining Ninjor, Blast Attack, Saurod, and Twistoid I would say we see one more as when 14 started we needed six and got Blade and Two Bad.
    6) TG stated Extendar and Blast Attack were an either or.

    So for 15 we can expect A Snake Man, Multi-Bot, Blast Attack, two more Masters and two other evil Warriors.
    Wants Crita Veena Angella Imp Mermista Peekablue Tung Lashor Evil Seed Lizard Man Prahvus Saurod Gwildor Ninjor Ssquueeze Sagitar Calix Tuskador Perfuma Spinnerella Dragstor Vultak Dylamug Masque Sebrian Dree Elle Montork Miro Blast Attack Multi-Bot Granita Hawke Hunga Kittrina Quakke Butthead Hoove Darius Spinwit Nocturna Kayo Lizzor Artilla Vizar Staghorn Rotar Twistoid Sunder Drissi Caz

  11. #236
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Mad City, WI
    Posts
    986
    Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    Well according to what clues have been given and TG comments we should expect half of the remaining this year.

    1) two Snake Men remaining so either Tung Lashor or Sssqueeze
    2) two Horde remaining and with Multi-Bot being an oversized sku I would say expect Dragstor
    3) it was said Blade won't be the only movie figure this year. So either Gwildor or Saurod are coming
    4) with Extendar's tease that leaves three Masters Rio Blast, Gwildor, and Rotar I would say one more in 14 and 2 in 15.
    5) the evil warriors have four remaining Ninjor, Blast Attack, Saurod, and Twistoid I would say we see one more as when 14 started we needed six and got Blade and Two Bad.
    6) TG stated Extendar and Blast Attack were an either or.

    So for 15 we can expect A Snake Man, Multi-Bot, Blast Attack, two more Masters and two other evil Warriors.
    I'd say Tung Lashor, Multi-Bot, Blast Attak, Rio Blast, and Saurod will be 2015. We'll see Sssqueeze, Gwildor, and Ninjor next year, maybe with a Rotar/Twistoid SDCC two pack(or just a regular sku two pack). I think it makes zero sense to package them separately. If they went the SDCC route, they could include the lower legs for each as the price point would be higher. So...um...Extendar!

  12. #237
    Heroic Warrior Fright Zone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    2,439
    I'm excited and very anxious about Extendar.
    He was one of my favourites as a child, along with Leech, both for the same reason, they were huge and chunky compared to the other figures.
    I'm worried that they'll cheap out like they did with Leech and give him normal size limbs, he needs the Ram Man treatment and should be a 100% tool.
    Also concerned that they may not correctly recreate the pearlescent effect on his armor.
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

    www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

  13. #238
    Heroic Warrior bribri4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Fairview Heights, IL
    Posts
    1,956
    Quote Originally Posted by DVD View Post
    I'd say Tung Lashor, Multi-Bot, Blast Attak, Rio Blast, and Saurod will be 2015. We'll see Sssqueeze, Gwildor, and Ninjor next year, maybe with a Rotar/Twistoid SDCC two pack(or just a regular sku two pack). I think it makes zero sense to package them separately. If they went the SDCC route, they could include the lower legs for each as the price point would be higher. So...um...Extendar!
    I have to agree with u on this i think it would all make the most sense.
    Wants Crita Veena Angella Imp Mermista Peekablue Tung Lashor Evil Seed Lizard Man Prahvus Saurod Gwildor Ninjor Ssquueeze Sagitar Calix Tuskador Perfuma Spinnerella Dragstor Vultak Dylamug Masque Sebrian Dree Elle Montork Miro Blast Attack Multi-Bot Granita Hawke Hunga Kittrina Quakke Butthead Hoove Darius Spinwit Nocturna Kayo Lizzor Artilla Vizar Staghorn Rotar Twistoid Sunder Drissi Caz

  14. #239
    Heroic Warrior hauke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    475
    Personally I would prefer a slim Extendar on a normal buck. I never liked that the figure was so fat compared to how he was drawn in the mini comics. Otherwise I hope he will have lots of unique parts. This is the last holy grail for me so I am very happy with him being made in 2014.
    Wanna see whales in giant mechsuits protect mankind against evil aliens?
    Check out: http://mechawhales.com/

    Collectible figures available from: http://www.deepfriedfigures.com/

    My 3D printed action figures: http://www.hauke-scheer.de/

  15. #240
    Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    1,659
    Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    3) it was said Blade won't be the only movie figure this year. So either Gwildor or Saurod are coming
    4) with Extendar's tease that leaves three Masters Rio Blast, Gwildor, and Rotar I would say one more in 14 and 2 in 15.
    5) the evil warriors have four remaining Ninjor, Blast Attack, Saurod, and Twistoid I would say we see one more as when 14 started we needed six and got Blade and Two Bad.
    6) TG stated Extendar and Blast Attack were an either or.

    So for 15 we can expect A Snake Man, Multi-Bot, Blast Attack, two more Masters and two other evil Warriors.
    I'd prefer Gwildor come this year. Rio Blast has never been a favorite of mine but the recent human faces give me hope that I'm going to really like the Classics version.

    I am not much of a fan of Extendar OR Blast Attack, but it's cool that we know Blast Attack is supposed to be a 2015 figure.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

  16. #241
    #1 Extendar Fan! JonWes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    13,354
    Quote Originally Posted by Saved View Post
    Jon Wes....Victory!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Saved View Post
    Still waiting for Jon Wes. Is he ok?
    No, just was too busy at the Con to really hop on! LOL.

    To be honest... I'm disappointed. It has hinges. I really wanted the folded plastic look....

    JUST KIDDING!

    I am OVER THE MOON. I was there seconds after Scott slipped it into the case, took a pic, and was showing people it on my iPhone like a total dweeb. And, since it was so blurry, most people were like "Oh... and that is..."

    I very much doubt we'll see a lot of parts re-use on Extendar. Certainly not Trap-Jaw. I bet he'll be pretty uniquely tooled. I love the way they did the shield. Finally, no plastic stress marks! Some kind of pearlescent paint is a must, here, to really get the sheen on the figure right. But I'm just so ecstatic! The tower or power is finally going to make it.

    It's so funny the figures we're drawn too. But, with Extendar, he's the figure I held onto after I'd given all my others to my little cousins. I'm not even sure what happened to him because I had him years and years. I got a vintage one about a year ago. But it's so great to be getting him in Classics. Glad I got two subs, because this is the rare figure I'll probably leave one of in package.

  17. #242
    Heroic Warrior Wulff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    863
    Hoping for a nice, chunky Extendar!

  18. #243
    Heroic Nerd Jawbridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Nearly There
    Posts
    1,283
    Cool.

    When I first tracked down the image of the secret accessory (just read a blurb from the Matty newsletter), I was super disappointed it was for Extendar. He was one of only four vintage characters I just never wanted to see again.

    BUT

    After seeing how welcome of a response he's getting, and knowing that they're opening up the sub window again, this could be a very cool thing, because he might lead to more product, and that's always a good thing!

    I hope he fits in with the other figures, as that was my main issue with his vintage version. He just looked like a fat guy with a boring and odd color scheme that I cared nothing for. If the 4H team do him right though, he could be good for sure. Sir Laserlot is one of my least liked classic figures, probably bottom five, so I'm not getting my hopes up, but I wont make the call until he's fully revealed.

    Finger's crossed he rocks!!!

  19. #244
    Working for The Man Saved's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Louisville/Ft Knox, KY
    Posts
    904
    We fat guys deserve the MOTUC treatment too!
    Jii Dee regarding Matty's view on MOTUC Collectors: "Here be whiny surrender monkey dragons".

    MOTUC NEEDS: Tung Lashor, Rio Blast, Sssqueeze, Dragstor, Saurod & Lord Masque.

  20. #245
    grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,178
    Quote Originally Posted by DVD View Post
    maybe with a Rotar/Twistoid SDCC two pack(or just a regular sku two pack). I think it makes zero sense to package them separately. If they went the SDCC route, they could include the lower legs for each as the price point would be higher.
    That is an excellent idea, especially the SDCC option. Seems a perfect place for what would be a unique/oddball set (at least compared to the rest of the line).

    As for Extendar, I REALLY can't see them using the Trappy legs again. It would likely require a new mold anyway, as I'm sure the old one is completely worn out by now. Seriously, Trappy's legs aren't a good match at all; they'd be better off (and far more accurate) using the standard thigh and sticking a piece on the front. He's going to require a lot of new tooling on parts like his thighs to accommodate the extensions , anyway, so they might as well do it right.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

  21. #246
    Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Bologna - Italy
    Posts
    4,529
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    That is an excellent idea, especially the SDCC option. Seems a perfect place for what would be a unique/oddball set (at least compared to the rest of the line).

    As for Extendar, I REALLY can't see them using the Trappy legs again. It would likely require a new mold anyway, as I'm sure the old one is completely worn out by now. Seriously, Trappy's legs aren't a good match at all; they'd be better off (and far more accurate) using the standard thigh and sticking a piece on the front. He's going to require a lot of new tooling on parts like his thighs to accommodate the extensions , anyway, so they might as well do it right.
    i like the idea of a two pack for the zoids with the added lower legs, plus for rotar could be reused the same lower part than extendar's to save some
    tooling money. for twistoid, instead, could be used one of multibot pair of legs (and maybe the same crotch too).

  22. #247
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4,353
    Didn't they say on RGD, that Extendar would get 100% new tools?

  23. #248
    Heroic Warrior Delthaindia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kitten Town
    Posts
    1,397
    Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    Well according to what clues have been given and TG comments we should expect half of the remaining this year.

    1) two Snake Men remaining so either Tung Lashor or Sssqueeze
    2) two Horde remaining and with Multi-Bot being an oversized sku I would say expect Dragstor
    3) it was said Blade won't be the only movie figure this year. So either Gwildor or Saurod are coming
    4) with Extendar's tease that leaves three Masters Rio Blast, Gwildor, and Rotar I would say one more in 14 and 2 in 15.
    5) the evil warriors have four remaining Ninjor, Blast Attack, Saurod, and Twistoid I would say we see one more as when 14 started we needed six and got Blade and Two Bad.
    6) TG stated Extendar and Blast Attack were an either or.

    So for 15 we can expect A Snake Man, Multi-Bot, Blast Attack, two more Masters and two other evil Warriors.
    nice predictions. im more than positive that multibot and the troopers are the only horde figures for 2014 though (regarding motu, it's possible an hoirde filmation or calix)

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post

    tooling money. for twistoid, instead, could be used one of multibot pair of legs (and maybe the same crotch too).
    we have to wait and see how they're gonna manage multibot. if he's gonna have the slim buck like modulok is really unlikely to see shared parts with rotar.
    WISHLIST: Lodar, Green and Purple demons, Gwildor, Blastar, Panther/Cat Men, Peekablue, Mermista, Prince Dakon, Tung Lashor, Rotar, Twistoid, Kayo, Vizar, Lizorr, Sagitar, Quakke, Mara (prototype), Lizard Man, Garth, Blackbeard, Gleedal, Gargons, Garn (mini-comic), Hawke, Fang-or, Great Black Wizard, Red Stripe, Granita, Brainwave, Contractor

  24. #249
    Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Subternia
    Posts
    2,435
    How did I miss this?! Extendar is confirmed... Holy crap. One of the most memorable figures from my childhood, so happy to know he will be coming soon.

  25. #250
    Heroic Warrior bribri4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Fairview Heights, IL
    Posts
    1,956
    Quote Originally Posted by Delthaindia View Post
    nice predictions. im more than positive that multibot and the troopers are the only horde figures for 2014 though (regarding motu, it's possible an hoirde filmation or calix)

    [COLOR="silver"]- - - Updated - - -[/COLOR.
    Neither Multi-Bot or the Troopers are in 2014. The Troopers are next month October 2013. In 2014 we have Modulok in February and Scorpia in May.
    Wants Crita Veena Angella Imp Mermista Peekablue Tung Lashor Evil Seed Lizard Man Prahvus Saurod Gwildor Ninjor Ssquueeze Sagitar Calix Tuskador Perfuma Spinnerella Dragstor Vultak Dylamug Masque Sebrian Dree Elle Montork Miro Blast Attack Multi-Bot Granita Hawke Hunga Kittrina Quakke Butthead Hoove Darius Spinwit Nocturna Kayo Lizzor Artilla Vizar Staghorn Rotar Twistoid Sunder Drissi Caz

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •