Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Extendar Thread

Extender... One of my most-wanted figures. I can die happy now... No wait, gotta have the figure in my hands, then die happy!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    Didn't they say on RGD, that Extendar would get 100% new tools?
    I can see that as almost inevitable, given the way they've always said they would likely approach him (the extensions). From what TG said during his walkabout with Dan, it sounds like we may be seeing more new tooling than we might expect with the subs down a bit again, so Extendar may wind up being an example of that.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

As Extendars offensive weapon, he should come with this extending lance

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by hauke View Post
    Personally I would prefer a slim Extendar on a normal buck. I never liked that the figure was so fat compared to how he was drawn in the mini comics. Otherwise I hope he will have lots of unique parts.
    Same here. To me, there's no reason to have him be puffed up like the vintage. Similar to figures like Mantenna and Leech, it was not an aesthetic design choice, just a necessary and practical one for the action feature. The MOTUC will probably mimic the vintage feature in fashion similar to Tallstar instead of the actual gimmick, so wouldn't be needed here.
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Lizard Man, Karg, Prahvus, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

Heroic Warrior
    I've always had a soft spot for the heroic tower of power! Its easy to imagine him a stalwart, true and courageous warrior, whose heart is second to none. I read that in the UK comic, Extendar was a childhood friend of Dragstor before they were transformed by Hordak. Their names were Theydon and Doodon.

Perhaps they were more than just friends.
    Last edited by BC Cherry; September 27, 2013 at 01:41am.

Heroic Warrior
    I just hope they give him an offensive weapon of some sort. An extending lance would be awesome. Even a repainted sword would be nice. Something besides that shield!

I am not expecting another weapon because of all the extension parts, but a lance would be awesome.

Extendar is really great news!! I am so happy with MOTUC and the progress they have made over the past 4 years! If you look at surrounding lines no one is close to completion of the original group of figures the way MOTUC has.
    Way to go Toy Guru and Matty team!! So exciting!

Heroic Warrior
    Extendar should be a deluxe figure. A little more bulky than the others. Be good if you got him and his boyfriend Dragstor in a two pack with a mini comic retelling their tragic tale.

Heroic Warrior
    I sincerely hope that MOTUC Extendar will look better than his vintage counterpart, which was one of the heroic warriors that I didn't like that much in the vintage line ! I hope he won't be fatter than the other figures, and that he'll have a little bit more details than his 80's counterpart... He could look really cool, especially if the Horsemen make an effort (AND if the Mattel design team doesn't ruin him).

Also, a SPECIFIC attention should be brought to the fact that even with his extended parts, he should be able to STAND properly...
    Last edited by Prahvus; September 28, 2013 at 05:56am.

I just hope they include a lance as his weapon. What is a knight without a lance?
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Quote Originally Posted by evenflow View Post
    I just hope they include a lance as his weapon. What is a knight without a lance?
    Sir-Laser-Lot...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakahn View Post
    Extendar is really great news!! I am so happy with MOTUC and the progress they have made over the past 4 years! If you look at surrounding lines no one is close to completion of the original group of figures the way MOTUC has.
    Way to go Toy Guru and Matty team!! So exciting!
    I hear you. I spent over 12 grand, prob more like 15 on 25th and since it ended I still dont have a complete line. I now lost the love I had for joes since hasbro dropped the ball. Matty on the other hand is top notch and by far the best out there. Hasbro should take notes on how to make thing work. Since the 25th ended the joe line died.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    Sir-Laser-Lot...
    Touché................

Quote Originally Posted by lemur View Post
    Extendar should be a deluxe figure. A little more bulky than the others. Be good if you got him and his boyfriend Dragstor in a two pack with a mini comic retelling their tragic tale.
    2 pack of boyfriends?! you'd have the angry fan boys coming out of the woodwork to slam this new canon and defend to the death the sexual identity of this completely random forgotten cartoon sketch! ha ha ha ha ha.

but they would buy it anyway! ha ha ha ha. they'd hate it so much they'd buy 2 or more!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    As Extendars offensive weapon, he should come with this extending lance
    http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...ar-weapons.jpg
    Yes yes yes! Thats what Im talking about.
    A lance wepon for Extendar.
    Do you think we will get one? Or do we need to get verbal to Matty to get one?
    I would be disappointed if all he gets for an accessory is his shield.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Heroic Warrior
    While a lance might seem cool, there isn't a steed for Extendar to ride I order to use it. Extendar may suit a huge double handed sword that can extend but that's kinda boring.

His strength is reach and length is maybe something like a flail or morning star would be cool.

Would love to see a classics Extendar riding a classics Stridor with a lance though ideally.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    A large sword is a cool idea too.
    We have Stridor if that is ever made.
    An extending lance weapon would be a good gimmick to go along with his folding shield & extending limbs.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Quote Originally Posted by Madison Carter View Post
    Same here. To me, there's no reason to have him be puffed up like the vintage. Similar to figures like Mantenna and Leech, it was not an aesthetic design choice, just a necessary and practical one for the action feature. The MOTUC will probably mimic the vintage feature in fashion similar to Tallstar instead of the actual gimmick, so wouldn't be needed here.
    I hope it would be better than Tallstars extending. Mine doesn't stay together at all.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

Extendar was my last figure I got as a kid. I was getting out of He-Man, saw Extendar in the store and he pulled me back in one more time. I loved how wide he was. I thought he was supposed to look like that because of his armor. I prefer him to stay like his vintage look, but I'll still like him if he's doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I am not expecting another weapon because of all the extension parts, but a lance would be awesome.
    Possibly in another figure we'd get the lance since there will be no more Weapons packs after October.

Evil Apologist of Mattel® Count Marzo's Avatar
    Do ya think he will have his hidden peace symbol on the back of his neck like the vintage one?

https://twitter.com/Count_Marzo/stat...03015590928384
    -=¤EvilCøuntMarzø¤=-
    BLÅÇK FLØWËRŠ!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    What's that shield do .. In the cannon, I mean other than fold out ?

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    Do ya think he will have his hidden peace symbol on the back of his neck like the vintage one?

https://twitter.com/Count_Marzo/stat...03015590928384
    dont think its a peace symbol, most likely mercedes.
    WISHLIST: Lodar, Green and Purple demons, Gwildor, Blastar, Panther/Cat Men, Peekablue, Mermista, Prince Dakon, Tung Lashor, Rotar, Twistoid, Kayo, Vizar, Lizorr, Sagitar, Quakke, Mara (prototype), Lizard Man, Garth, Blackbeard, Gleedal, Gargons, Garn (mini-comic), Hawke, Fang-or, Great Black Wizard, Red Stripe, Granita, Brainwave, Contractor

Quote Originally Posted by Zombihamma-AI View Post
    What's that shield do .. In the cannon, I mean other than fold out ?
    I wondered this also. Although in context with his 'extendo' gimmick, it made sense simply as a shield which extends like its user.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

Yeah, I think it just extended (I guess to have more protective surface area... maybe when he was extended and needed it.)