Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Extendar Thread

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I was hoping that was just a trick of the light. They should definitely match the other bronze parts.
    I agree... They should match the colors. It's a not really that great of an idea to pay homage to a known defect.

It's cool to see Extendar. Looks good potentially. Can't wait to see Dan's review when he gets a review copy. Hopefully Dragstor can't be too far off.

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    You know, I was just thinking... When Stridor is released, I'll probably put Extendar on it ! With Extendar and his lance, it will be a formidable team !
    I can imagine Extendar looking great upon Stridor, especially with that lance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

Overall, a great looking figure. Some critiques: He has the same problem I had with leech, His upper body isn't beefier than the other figures. That makes his extended forearms being so long look ungainly, as his shoulders are not wide enough to counter balance them. Not only is the different color on the gauntlets off-putting, but the extra detail on the forearm cuffs is strange. Maybe it is a shared part? Otherwise I would have preferred it to be smooth and match the copper color as the original. Does anyone think the lance will extend? All in all another solid vintage translation.

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaTactics420 View Post
    That could be a problem for a guy with the name Extendar...
    ... Now I know why he's popular!
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Heroic Warrior
    Nice figure, well done, no complains...

I think he looks great, I would however want the extension pieces to be rounded. By no means does this kill any excitement I have for him, just a personal preference.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Great to see the other pics! Still in love with him. But the different color on his gauntlets has to go. Not a fan of that.
    I think it is hilarious. They obviously used an old Extendar with oxidized gloves as a paint reference. Now, it looks even more "vintage" .
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things aren’t absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I don’t collect toys to be miserable. So I’d rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

I can't believe I am saying this... but I don't like him.

I think the face grill/visor thing is too wide and chunky. It really effects the aesthetic in a negative way and as it flows right into the body it really looks weird without an ab crunch. Really glad to see him get a figure, and happy for Jon Wes and folks, but yeah. Not really feeling this one
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

I don't really care for the extension color. Hoping more for the vintage color.

Quote Originally Posted by rankinman View Post
    I think he looks great, I would however want the extension pieces to be rounded. By no means does this kill any excitement I have for him, just a personal preference.
    You are of course welcome to your opinion, but I disagree re: rounded. The original had that square look also and I feel the MOTUC version should retain the vintage look. At least in that regard.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

I like him except for toe things:
    1. Gauntlets should be bronze, not greenish.
    2. Gauntlets could bear to be a bit larger, but I doubt this happens.

Maybe the crotch size will get increased when "adapted" by design. Overall, I am happy with him.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

Heroic Warrior
    Was never a huge fan of the original (he always felt like a cheap-o knock-off compared to the others) but he looks pretty snazzy, especially in knight-mode.
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Lizard Man, Karg, Prahvus, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    Wow he looks great! I'm very impressed with the lineup so far. Can't wait to get him!
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    He looks extremely coo! Can't wait to get him. And I love the lance!
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

I never had Extendar but I saw some pics in the web and the gloves are different, some of them are green! They were supposed to be bronze originally? Why make such a choice now?

Heroic Warrior
    I'm glad it seems many vintage extender fans are happy with him, but I would have hoped for more of a redesign. He just looks weird to me, even in knight form. I don't like the silly neck/face guard for one. He almost seems like a character from a different line...

I was a little worried about this figure.....I'm not anymore. That is one badass looking toy right there.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I hope he isn't one of the no DOS figures. I want to buy two of him-- extended and non extended.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I hope he isn't one of the no DOS figures. I want to buy two of him-- extended and non extended.
    Now you jinxed it! If No DOS for Extendar happens, it's your fault!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Wow. Awesome looking figure. Really stoked for him.
    Say cheese!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dolfanar View Post
    I'm glad it seems many vintage extender fans are happy with him, but I would have hoped for more of a redesign. He just looks weird to me, even in knight form. I don't like the silly neck/face guard for one. He almost seems like a character from a different line...
    To me he'd look alright if the extensions were rounded instead of Blockish, looks way off from the more curvy aesthetics of the rest of him. I know the Vintage was that way, but I never had him, but to me that is what makes him not look so good.

Also on a side note, I never had the Vintage version, I know this for fact....but somehow I ended up with his shield, because I remember clearly it laying in my toy box when I would dig through for parts. Must have been from somewhere, I have no siblings the same age as me for 10 years difference between me and my middle brother, and my nephews never had him either, I know for fact too....so I am puzzled by this.
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior
    I told ToyGuru about the green gloves and he laughed lol. That's the Horsemen. We just have to bring it up at the panel tomorrow. that was all them. Interestingly enough, Mattel will NOT change it until the Horsemen say to change it. That is interesting.

never had an extendar as a kid, never saw one except at least a decade or more later in a magazine.

I will be proud to own this. He looks great.

I'm wondering if his hands pop off since the one on display had his wrist extended at the hand, while the other had the entire glovegauntlet extended from the arm. So like extra extendy or set up display mistake?

At any rate, yes the Lance is a fantastic idea. Very happy about that.

He's a win. I always hoped i'd like him. I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Jun-Yor View Post
    I told ToyGuru about the green gloves and he laughed lol. That's the Horsemen. We just have to bring it up at the panel tomorrow. that was all them. Interestingly enough, Mattel will NOT change it until the Horsemen say to change it. That is interesting.
    Please, please, please mention this in the presentation. This MUST be changed. The green was due to a chemical reaction in the original paint. Just like when copper oxidizes on a penny. Pennies are not meant to be green, nor are Extendar's hands.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

Mars Base Division ae_productions's Avatar
    Not trollin' here, but I HATED the vintage toy. I was NOT excited at all for his Classics release.

But...WOW. I think he looks fantastic.

Kudos to the 4 Horsemen. They can even make a character like Snout Spout look cool! LOL!

Getting Extendar for sure!