Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Extendar Thread

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayton72 View Post
    He needs to come with an alternate hand for Mekaneck....so 'Neck can flip Extendar off for making him obsolete
    Mek still keeps his job. He has superior vision, while Extendar doesn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Mek can still get a taller view on things than he can,his neck can get as long as he wants it within reason.

Not to mention, I personally have no connection to this figure as I do Mek, so to me he's better, and I won't likely be displaying Extendar in his extended mode like I do Mek because I don't much care for it.

But I do like his non extended look more and more as I keep looking at him, he is a decent figure, I just don't like the extended look.
    I like the knight look better too, especially with the addition of the lance. I just wish the visor wasn't so damn big.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

While I do have some gripes, I am mostly happy with how he turned out.

Mattel: Now go back to the drawing board with Tallstar and gives her a waist extension!
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

I shall digress on the flipping off thing - I prefer 'neck myself too - but this Extendar version is simply awesome. Heck, I might pose them side by side or shaking hands LOL

Anyone noticed they have changed the boots extending location??
    The gold part is supposed to stay low with the boots!

I think they got his gloves wrong too... the original had wider cuffs (almost like Classics Hordak) whereas this one has smaller one... it just doesn't look right.

Last edited by oICEMANo; October 11, 2013 at 09:35am.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

I like Extendar a lot, although I think his belt beads look a little weird.
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 11.2.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Quote Originally Posted by Jun-Yor View Post
    I told ToyGuru about the green gloves and he laughed lol. That's the Horsemen. We just have to bring it up at the panel tomorrow. that was all them. Interestingly enough, Mattel will NOT change it until the Horsemen say to change it. That is interesting.
    that makes no sense because they (mattel) reversed stinkor's forearms for 'pop' the change the females skirts all the time etc.
    Scott is passing the buck again. (though I will say the horsemen did paint this extendar. - the gloves aren't green they are gold, which i prefer. i never thought it was a 'fault' i always thought it was a design choice

outside of thaat (which doesn't bug me at all) extendar looks AMAZING! esp extended! fantastic figure, I wonder if the extensions can be combined if you have more than one figure. I hope so.

not to mention - those are RIO BLAST THIGHS!!!!!!!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

By the time Extendar shows up on the scene, Mekaneck is probably a Snake Man.
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 11.2.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Wow he looks great. I would have preferred his extended parts be curved but he still looks good. I'm glad his extensions are thicker than the old toy too so it looks more practical and natural.

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post

not to mention - those are RIO BLAST THIGHS!!!!!!!
    Not really, the vintage Extendar had those originally.

Rio's were quite different in that they were actual pieces attached. They also had rivets.
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Heroic Podcaster
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I like the knight look better too, especially with the addition of the lance. I just wish the visor wasn't so damn big.
    I like the 'armored' version better as well but I actually love the big grill. It harkens back to his pudgy 80s figure while still being updated. Also makes him more of a fierce tank of a warrior! Sort of a Mekaneck/Ram Man hybrid!

I definitely do not think he makes Mekaneck obsolete. I always thought of Mek as more of a scout who uses his neck to do his job while it can also be used for combat in a pinch. Extendar's abilities are primarily combat based, giving him reach over his opponents. I would think Extendar rarely uses all of his extensions at once, just the one or two he needs at any given moment, again, in combat. Mek = scout who can fight if needed, Extendar = warrior first and foremost.

Really loved how he turned out overall. The lance is a killer addition! Here's hoping Rio Blast, Blast Attak and the others come out this well!
    Last edited by SunDevil; October 11, 2013 at 10:20am.
    QUEEN ANGELLA! BLAST ATTAK! Buzzsaw Hordak Dragstor Flying Fists He-Man GWILDOR!
    Lazer Light He-Man Lazer Light Skeletor MERMISTA! MULTI-BOT! NINJOR! Peekablue
    Perfuma Rotar Saurod SPINNERELLA! SSSQUEEZE! Terror Claws Skeletor Twistoid

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post

I think they got his gloves wrong too... the original had wider cuffs (almost like Classics Hordak) whereas this one has smaller one... it just doesn't look right.

http://news.mattycollector.com/wp-co...0/DSC_0032.jpghttp://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...dar05_full.jpg
    http://thumbs4.ebaystatic.com/d/l225...xYMBwy-Vjg.jpg
    I do not mind the hands (except for coloring) but noticed the legs too.
    Perhaps it was done so that the knee-articulation and the extension feature had a little more space and worked better together??
    Although it looks different to the vintagefigure it is no dealbreaker for me

Quote Originally Posted by Dayton72 View Post
    He needs to come with an alternate hand for Mekaneck....so 'Neck can flip Extendar off for making him obsolete
    I know you are joking, butt I think Mekaneck still has an edge, because his neck is able to extend much further (check the MYP toon for reference).
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things aren’t absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I don’t collect toys to be miserable. So I’d rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

The only part I'm slightly unsatisfied with are the hands. One for the coloring (which can probably be easily fixed) and mostly for the size. It just seems like they need to be bigger in relation to the extending parts coming from his forearms. Otherwise he is a simply amazing figure that I've been waiting a long time for!!

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    I knew something was off, but couldn't put my finger on it
    And actually it does bug me quite a bit... Not enough to pass on him - he's one of my favourites after all.
    But if it can be changed, it should be.

Last edited by Dragonblaster; October 11, 2013 at 11:34am.
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    And actually it does bug me a lot... Not enough to pass on him - he's one of my favourites after all.

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/m...ps14a90947.jpg
    That doesn't bother me in the least. If I wanted an exact copy of the vintage Extendar I would just pull out the old one. Some changes are always nice to freshen up the figure. Plus, I think DarthKant hit it on the head. The extending parts would be too close to the knee joint. The old version had no knee joints to worry about.

The hand color is something that could be changed though. It just looks...odd.

Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post

http://news.mattycollector.com/wp-co...0/DSC_0032.jpghttp://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...dar05_full.jpg
    http://thumbs4.ebaystatic.com/d/l225...xYMBwy-Vjg.jpg
    Yeah, those two things bother me. I'm liking the figure more after seeing the Matty-pictures, but those two gripes (along with glove-color) still bother me.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

It still doesn't look 'right'
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

I actually like the new place where they have the boots extending. To me it visually makes more sense where the legs extend after the "cuff" piece where on the old figure it looks to be a rather random place right after the knee.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Canada View Post
    Plus, I think DarthKant hit it on the head. The extending parts would be too close to the knee joint. The old version had no knee joints to worry about.
    I don't think Mattel or the Four Horsemen missed the placement, but changed it to accommodate the boot cut and wrist cut articulation. That doesn't bother me at all really.

As far as the glove color, I would like to see a comparison between the green and gold. Maybe Mattel can make both versions and let people choose which one they want to buy, but that might be asking too much of Digital River. I'm sure this was something the Four Horsemen did on the prototype, but it's probably not too late to change yet.

BTW, I think he looks awesome! The extended version is a bit clunky and will take some getting used to, but I'm digging his standard look with the shield and lance. Nobody would beat this guy in jousting with his extending arm action
    Last edited by Zodach; October 11, 2013 at 12:01pm.

Don't see how the boot placement would bother anyone.

The only thing that worries me with Extendar is the crotch piece. On King Hsss it was hard plastic all around, so the top of his legs ran into it and didn't allow the legs to move forward very much. If Extendar has to have the same workings to allow his torso to be removed (if that's how he works; hard to say yet) then I'm afraid his legs won't move forward very much.

BUT...just a preliminary worry. Looking forward to the details on how he works! And of course, a final product shot, whenever that happens.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

A bit off topic, but is there any kind of a live feed or real-time forum happening simultaneously with Mattypalooza at NYCC today?
    Say cheese!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Daddy View Post
    A bit off topic, but is there any kind of a live feed or real-time forum happening simultaneously with Mattypalooza at NYCC today?
    https://twitter.com/TheFwoosh

Thank you! I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Say cheese!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    And actually it does bug me quite a bit... Not enough to pass on him - he's one of my favourites after all.

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/m...ps14a90947.jpg
    Not vintage correct, but it looks better IMO. It prevents him from from having an amputated limb look
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread