Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Extendar Thread

Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    Not really, the vintage Extendar had those originally.

Rio's were quite different in that they were actual pieces attached. They also had rivets.
    http://www.finalfrontiertoys.com/med.../file_9_51.JPG
    but it's close!!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

The boot cuff being above the extension really doesn't bother me at all. If anything I think it looks a bit better.

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Ok I'm getting used to it more and more. It actually does look a bit better than the "stilt-amputee" look, as the golden part covers the connection and creates a nicer transition. I see why it was done that way, but it's just weird how the tops of the boots separate from the boots themselves.
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    The boot cuff being above the extension really doesn't bother me at all. If anything I think it looks a bit better.
    Agreed, it hides the joint a bit better, and it looks more "right" in extended mode as well.
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things arent absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I dont collect toys to be miserable. So Id rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

The thigh pads are certainly vintage Extendar and they look great, but they also appear to potentially work as double-duty for a future Rio Blast figure- if my eyes are not deceiving me.

Oops, looks like someone already made this observation above.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Yeah, I like that change. I do wish the flared glove part was still bigger. But I can live with what we have since overall it's so good.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

I know nothing about this guy.

That being said he looks alright, I'm just not sure whether to keep him or not.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Robogeek1973 View Post
    I know nothing about this guy.

That being said he looks alright, I'm just not sure whether to keep him or not.

Ok, thanks! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by eCollector View Post
    Ok, thanks! ;-)
    You're welcome.

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Yeah, I like that change. I do wish the flared glove part was still bigger. But I can live with what we have since overall it's so good.
    Yeah same here with bigger gloves he would like more powerful like your avatar
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> CA Heroic warriors He-man/Teela/Ramman 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> CA Evil Warriors Skeletor/Faker/Beastman 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> US Evil horde Hordak/Leech/Mantenna 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

Quote Originally Posted by Robogeek1973 View Post
    You're welcome.
    I know virtually nothing about String Theory. But it's kind of cool and I'm okay with it.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

I think he looks amazing! I also can't believe he is 100% newly tooled AND comes with a new lance AND is a regular $25 figure! I always thought if they did him like this he would be at least a $30 figure like Ram Man. I honestly thought he was gonna be that $35 holiday slot, I guess now I have something else to look forward to for that!
    Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders: Royalt1us, chrisbryan, AGE, UnemployedSkeletor, EwR-Disaster, Kero, jaggerart, Uki, skully, overlordofevil, Neo, He-Bruely, returnofplex, Jonny Tyler, Herewegoagain, lemure77, bigassbuzz. (if I've had a transaction with you and your not on this list, please remind me.)

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    I will be unloading this figure once it arrives so it will either be sold here or somewhere else.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

The only thing I am worried about with this figure is if his chest is armor over the regular buck, he will get super bloated by the design team and will look worse. Just like snake face and seahawk. Hopefully, his chest will be a new tool.

He looks great and I LOVE the lance. I always hated the shield as a kit.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherguy View Post
    Army Builder?!?

First, Extendar looks amazing. As soon as I saw him I remembered I owned him as a child but he was sold at a yard sale. Can't wait to get him back!

Then I see him in Un-extended form-- can you say ARMY BUILDER?!?!?!

I mean, he's a knight and ya gotta have lots of knights, right?
    Yeah, I was thinking that too. He would be a great army builder to go against the horde as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    \
    Mattel: Now go back to the drawing board with Tallstar and gives her a waist extension!
    Tallstar already seemed to have been a huge waste as it was..wait that isn't what you meant. ZING!!!!! lol jk

Quote Originally Posted by JafariStew View Post
    By the time Extendar shows up on the scene, Mekaneck is probably a Snake Man.
    You know that is a good call and makes great sense why extendar would be needed AND be an upgrade to the hole in the masters' forces.

Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    I actually like the new place where they have the boots extending. To me it visually makes more sense where the legs extend after the "cuff" piece where on the old figure it looks to be a rather random place right after the knee.
    Yeah, I actually like the way the boot looks now when separated compared to the original one.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

I have been waiting for this figure for a long time... and, to me, he looks absolutely awesome!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Don't see how the boot placement would bother anyone.
    Looking for something to complain about no matter how pointless it could possibly be.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    Looking for something to complain about no matter how pointless it could possibly be.
    If the figure was put together incorrectly and later produced like that it wouldn't be pointless at all.
    He is one of my favourite figures - so I want him to be made as intended.
    On Mattycollector Scott confirmed that Extendar wasn't assembled right. But I don't know whether he was talking about the legs (what I actually asked about) or simply that left forearm. He does not always seem to read the questions properly - so who knows...

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5681027317/m/5801029548

And as I mentioned in my post above - I'm getting used to it and begin to see why it's not bothering more people. In the end I'm more than happy he is finally on the way!
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Overall I think Extendar looks good. I do hope they correct the paint color on the gloves. It also remains to be seen whether Mattel's design team will botch the extending feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    agree......

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5681027317/m/5801029548

And as I mentioned in my post above - I'm getting used to it and begin to see why it's not bothering more people. In the end I'm more than happy he is finally on the way!
    cause evryone has his standrads. no one seemed to bother when they revealed stonedar face sculpt either and it was nothing like the peculiar vintage one ...i was ****** off!
    WISHLIST: Green and Purple Mask of Power demons, Blastar, Panther/Cat Men, Peekablue, Prince Dakon, Rotar, Twistoid, Kayo, Vizar, Lizorr, Sagitar, Quakke, Mara (prototype), Garth, Blackbeard, Gleedal, Gargons, Garn (mini-comic), Hawke, Fang-or, Great Black Wizard, Red Stripe, Granita, Brainwave, Contractor

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    The color of Extendar gaunlets must be corrected.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    Tallstar already seemed to have been a huge waste as it was..wait that isn't what you meant. ZING!!!!! lol jk
    #JudgingYou

"My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Hunter View Post
    The color of Extendar gaunlets must be corrected.
    Horsemen said it in Matty panel that it will be corrected, the painter had original Extendar with colour error as a model. It was not intentional. There just was no time to correct it for the show.

Heroic Warrior
    I'd like to see a picture of Extendar actually holding his shield, and with his lance in his hand. We got no picture of him like that... which of course tingles my suspicion.

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    I'd like to see a picture of Extendar actually holding his shield, and with his lance in his hand. We got no picture of him like that... which of course tingles my suspicion.
    We need to wait for a plastic model. For the most part the prototypes can't hold accessories because the material they are made of is too hard.