Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Extendar Thread

Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    Does he still have the Peace sign on his neck??

- - - Updated - - -

If you are referring to the gold part of the boot going up with the extension then yeah it bothers me because that is not what it is supposed to look like as evident by all previous existing material of Extendar.(it's part of his boot for crying out loud!)
    http://www.nuevadominion.com/eternia...ar-artback.jpg
    Why are people settling with things that aren't how they meant to be lately??

Ok I just had to do the tweaks... Now he looks right. ('like we remember')

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...psbd485de8.jpg
    At Matty´s forum it was explained that the NYCC prototype had been assembled incorrect and that the golden part of the boots will stay down with the boots.
    I don´t remember reading something about the gloves.
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    At Matty´s forum it was explained that the NYCC prototype had been assembled incorrect and that the golden part of the boots will stay down with the boots.
    I don´t remember reading something about the gloves.
    Happy news!

@oICEMANo: That mock-up you made looks perfect!
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Beastmaster View Post
    I don't mind him looking 'fat' with the armor. Might make him look more like the vintage figure, which had a real broad torso.
    I agree, it would be cooler to have him larger than the regular buck like the vintage, but to make his chest wider while keeping his shoulders slim will just make him look fat, not imposing or powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I hope he isn't one of the no DOS figures. I want to buy two of him-- extended and non extended.
    Wonder if you could snap extensions together for some super extending!
    God I hate Stratos.

Supper cool figure!!!!!!!! And I love the lance as a new weapon!!!!!!!!
    Please like my cool MOTU Universe FaceBook page at:

https://www.facebook.com/browse/admi...14947855236095

Extendar was allways one of my faverets as a kid, im just torn about buying two of them. so I wont have to keep pulling out arms and legs. creating wear and tear, just to change his look.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SwiftJustice View Post
    Wonder if you could snap extensions together for some super extending!
    I just broke down and pre-ordered a second one frmo Big Bad so I can display him both ways, so I'll have an extra set of extensions for the stretched out version. If they are stackable, that would result in one crazy tall figure (and, yeas, I would most likely display him that way)!

I tried to be strong and just get one, but he really is done well enough to warrant getting two and putting him out in both forms.

I do wish, though, that the tarnished green wasn't a mistake. If they added a touch of that to the trim on the boots, it would spice up the color scheme a bit and be a nice nod to the old figure (or at least how the old figures looks 30 years later )
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Extendar looks good, glad the boot are just assembled wrong. Looking forward to his bio, I've always like his origin story, really name better be Doodon

So does his lance extend? It seems like it should do.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

I am still scared to see that he still has green hands...even today at Komikaze...hopefully it is still the first prototype and will not be green handed in production...
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Ready for POP Mini-Sub! -= SupernovA =-'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    I am still scared to see that he still has green hands...even today at Komikaze...hopefully it is still the first prototype and will not be green handed in production...
    I'm worried too. We spotted it before he went into production and Toyguru said to us they would fix it, but I keep seeing the same one with the green hands.
    Don't tell us it's too late Toyguru! No more excuses!

If they are still showing the proto, I'm not too worried. They probably just didn't have time to re-paint it. If we start seeing production pieces, then I'd worry.

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Some of you guys that are looking for extra figures should check out the b/s/t section before going elsewhere. Help your fellow Orger out and take an unwanted Extendar or other figure from someone trying to unload them.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Welp, we've pretty much seen the final Extendar. At least, the new pics are certainly not protos.

http://news.toyark.com/wp-content/up...iverse-004.jpg

I'm really worried about those hips! I mean, with those long thigh pieces hitting the hips, his legs won't move forward AT ALL. I'm hoping all his connections are tight too, 'cause if his legs can't move and he keeps falling apart, he's not gona be any fun!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I hope it's just the picture and his armor isn't that flat gray. I was hoping it'd have some shimmer or pearlescent finish or something.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I hope it's just the picture and his armor isn't that flat gray. I was hoping it'd have some shimmer or pearlescent finish or something.
    Gee, I hope so. He looks a little better in some of these pictures: http://thefwoosh.com/2014/02/toy-fai...assics-reveals

Also, the gold of the gloves doesn't look like it matches the armour. Is this on purpose? I would have rather had the green ones...
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things aren’t absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I don’t collect toys to be miserable. So I’d rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    So was I.
    Modulok aside Extendar's my most wanted figure we've been shown this year. I hope the igure isn't quite finished yet. If it actually was finished I'd be positively surprised regarding his chest - he doesn't look fat (yet).
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

They still have the gold part of his boots wrong!! I thought the proto we saw was confirmed to have been assembled incorrectly!

NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Scott said in PD's walkthrough that the gold will match, but these were still green and they just quickly painted them gold. Soooo... it's possible this is still far from the final production figure.

Same here. He needs to be pearlescent, for sure. SO looking forward to Extendar! He was one of the few figures my brother had that I coveted and secretly pretended were mine .
    MELIAC in MOTUC! We need a mutant, alien, cyclops, reformed baddie, sheriff in the mix!

PLEASE ANNOUNCE DRAGSTOR SOON!

Never had him as a kid and didn't realize he was MOTU till I found this site..Still debating if Im gonna keep him or not. Looks cool but I dunno where to put in my cannon.

Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    They still have the gold part of his boots wrong!! I thought the proto we saw was confirmed to have been assembled incorrectly!

Yeah I noticed this straight away as well! I really hope this is corrected on the final figure as like you say we were told when he was first revealed it had just been assembled incorrectly and would be correct on the final figure.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Heroic Warrior
    He sincerely needs to start writing this stuff down. We've been asking for injection molded ankles for over a year now and he still hasn't started with those.

Now we potentially have this fiasco.

What is the matter with those people? Do they not listen...to themselves?

Heroic Warrior
    The boot tops were added to below the knee for peg clearance, because without it they would have had to eliminate knee articulation.

BUT this was also asked, and the answer explains everything (and again, we can blame Design)...

Copied from another thread: asked on the Ask Matty Forums, regarding Extendar:

At the point where the boots separate from the lower leg, the connecting point between the extension piece and and the leg/boot top right below the knee:

Which part has the peg and which part has the hole?

The foot is the peg and the leg is the hole

Why wasn't this done like Tallstar's legs? They put the hole in the leg right below the knee, so they needed the boot top to add clearance. If that was the PEG instead of the hole, like TALLSTAR, this wouldn't be an issue at all. It's not that Design had no choice, but rather they once again didn't reference older figures.

Seriously. They are 2 for 7 in the monthly sub, assuming Flogg didn't get the bulky armor treatment (2 for 8 if you count Modulok). What gives? I am not a toy engineer, and I don't pretend to know what they do, but Holy Moley does any homeboy there have a pair of eyeballs???

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun-Yor View Post
    The boot tops were added to below the knee for peg clearance, because without it they would have had to eliminate knee articulation.

BUT this was also asked, and the answer explains everything (and again, we can blame Design)...

Copied from another thread: asked on the Ask Matty Forums, regarding Extendar:

At the point where the boots separate from the lower leg, the connecting point between the extension piece and and the leg/boot top right below the knee:

Which part has the peg and which part has the hole?

The foot is the peg and the leg is the hole

Why wasn't this done like Tallstar's legs? They put the hole in the leg right below the knee, so they needed the boot top to add clearance. If that was the PEG instead of the hole, like TALLSTAR, this wouldn't be an issue at all. It's not that Design had no choice, but rather they once again didn't reference older figures.

Seriously. They are 2 for 7 in the monthly sub, assuming Flogg didn't get the bulky armor treatment (2 for 8 if you count Modulok). What gives? I am not a toy engineer, and I don't pretend to know what they do, but Holy Moley does any homeboy there have a pair of eyeballs???
    Is there some difference because of the size and weight of the foot here? Xtendy's boots are a lot bigger than Tallstar's were, and there were some issues with Tally's extensions not fitting too tightly (I know mine were a bit loose). Maybe this way the plug could be a bit bigger and more stable?

Design seems to make a lot of head scratching choices of late, so this might be another one. But given there were some issues reported with Tallstar, maybe this is an attempt to actually fix a problem.

And, honestly, looking at the picture, I think he looks a little more balanced with the extension under the boot cuff; it would look awfully thin above and awfully bulky below if the extension was just below the knee.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Is there some difference because of the size and weight of the foot here? Xtendy's boots are a lot bigger than Tallstar's were, and there were some issues with Tally's extensions not fitting too tightly (I know mine were a bit loose). Maybe this way the plug could be a bit bigger and more stable?

Design seems to make a lot of head scratching choices of late, so this might be another one. But given there were some issues reported with Tallstar, maybe this is an attempt to actually fix a problem.

And, honestly, looking at the picture, I think he looks a little more balanced with the extension under the boot cuff; it would look awfully thin above and awfully bulky below if the extension was just below the knee.
    Someone did a photoshop that would allay those worries. It should have been vintage toy accurate. Tallstar had thin legs and shallow pegs. I am sure Extendar has boots wide enough and long enough to accommodate the peg. Personally, thankfully, I had zero issues with Tallstar. Aesthetic reasons aside, I don't get why they don't find inspiration in their own line. Why start from square one with every new figure, even when the predecessors solved most design obstacles. It's sad.