Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Extendar Thread

do you think we'll ever see a MOTU Classics Extendar figure made?

Do you think we'll ever see a MOTU Classics Extendar figure made, I'm kinda curious to see what odd ball figures like extendar, dragstor, and blast attack would look like.
    my feedback thread

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=218428

selling off my entire motu classics collection, here's a link to one of my auctions..... check out my other items 43 auctions total.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/120886470944...84.m1555.l2649

Of course we'll see Extendar at some point. I think his gimmick is pretty easy to achieve in MOTUC style seeing as how Tallstar has a similar power.

With hope, they will make retractable parts for him. Something like the vintage, but much more sleek and, of course, classicized.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm curious, if they'll make him bulkier or standard wide?

I imagine it'll use the standard buck with new armor and extensions handled as Tallstar's are. It'd be fantasmo if multiple Extendars' extensions could be used to increase his reach, again, like Tallstar.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    Same problems with Rattlor and Mekaneck, without the action feature Extendar will be useless...
    I will wait then I will decide if I have to buy the Extendar from the Eighties!
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I imagine it'll use the standard buck with new armor and extensions handled as Tallstar's are. It'd be fantasmo if multiple Extendars' extensions could be used to increase his reach, again, like Tallstar.
    i can agree to that.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

All right, seeing as how all these people are getting their favorite figures made, I'm starting my campaign for Extendar now! My avatar is a sketch Tim Seeley did for me at PowerCon. I've colored it for the occasion. For far too long has the Extending Tower of Power been overlooked!

He's one of the last figures I kept as a kid because I always thought he was awesome. He's the original MOTU knight, and could cut an impressive figure in MOTUC form! I'd love for him to have an extending lance to go along with his vintage shield.

*signs name here* I just hope he's sooner rather than later. And I hope he keeps his action feature intact (instead of having "extensions").
    Got Fur

I want a Glimmer by the end of 2012 and Extendar by 2013!
    Other Wants:
    MotU: Rokkon, Stonedar, Dragstor, Modulok, Multi-bot, Horde Trooper, DB Skeletor
    PoP: Peekablue, Madam Razz, Lighthope, Kowl
    NA: Quakke, Sagitarr
    MYP: Hawk, Queen Andreenos, Lord Dactys
    Mini-Comics: Kex Queen, Tug-of-War Yellow Warrior, King Hiss' Slave Girl

As long as they can have the extensions fit together in a secure way (better than what is on Tallstar) I'd be okay with them. This is partly because I think it'd be cool if the extensions were a bit bulkier and not as thin as they are on the MOTUC figure.

I think the Draego man tail joint would be good. Or if they can pull it off, they should use the same joints as Modulok/Multibot or Trap Jaw/Roboto.
    Got Fur

Other Wants:
    MotU: Rokkon, Stonedar, Dragstor, Modulok, Multi-bot, Horde Trooper, DB Skeletor

I can see characters like extendar, dragstor & blast attack using many standard parts without that much re-tooling.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

I can see Extendar being accomplished with a good amount of existing parts if his chest armor is the standard buck with an armor piece. I do think he should have virtually new arms and legs though.

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    I can see characters like extendar, dragstor & blast attack using many standard parts without that much re-tooling.
    How?? The vintage figures all had unique tooling. I expect no less from classics versions.

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    How?? The vintage figures all had unique tooling. I expect no less from classics versions.
    I think this can be accomplished by looking at new CONNECTOR pieces, that utlize exisiting molds.
    Its a long time time to wait for Electroid Love---AREMESH in 2016!

Figures like Optikk King Hiss used armour pieces instead of unique tools. I don't see why that can't be used for Extendar. As for his connectors, well, I do hope the extensions are more sturdy than Tallstar's
    Got Fur

Other Wants:

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    All right, seeing as how all these people are getting their favorite figures made, I'm starting my campaign for Extendar now! My avatar is a sketch Tim Seeley did for me at PowerCon. I've colored it for the occasion. For far too long has the Extending Tower of Power been overlooked!

He's one of the last figures I kept as a kid because I always thought he was awesome. He's the original MOTU knight, and could cut an impressive figure in MOTUC form! I'd love for him to have an extending lance to go along with his vintage shield.
    Right with you on this one. (I think we talked about him at Power Con, actually...) I had basically quit collecting motu by the time Extendar came out, but I still absolutely had to have him. He's my number one most wanted vintage motu character at this point.
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

Who to campaign for now?
    Extendar? You know you wanna!
    Got Fur

Other Wants:

Extendar is big on my list. specially since a figure or appearance was never made in 200x.

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    I've wanted him for a while, and is probably my #3 vintage want after Rammy and Mechaneck.

I think that sort of pearlescent white color will look really cool on the MOTUC body.

Now that we've seen how Mekaneck will be done, would you guys accept something like that for Extendar?
    Got Fur

Other Wants:

Heroic Warrior
    It would be cool if they actually went all out and made Extendar with full action features. I know, it will never happen --- but if you look at Extendar...

... It looks like he's going to need some serious tooling even if they were to make him function like Tallstar with the extra extensions. So they may as well make him like the vintage figure. He could still have articulation in the knees and elbows, etc.

-Hollow upper torso
    -Hollow boots
    -Hollow gauntlets

The arms would work differently from the vintage toy. Instead of his extentions retracting into his upper arms, They could retract into his forearms/gauntlets.

Man, last time I posted in this thread the toyline was just building up and Extendar seemed SOOO far away! Now I think we're seriously working our way toward him. Seems like we have some ways they'll perform the extensions now, with Tallstar. Still, I hope they keep other options open rather than just jumping to that, since Tallstar's connections weren't amazingly tight. Extendar is going to be MUCH heavier than her, so I'd rather he have the ability to keep himself up at full extension. As for the body, it seems like Leech's body has the wide look of the vintage figure, but the rest...I still think he's gona need a LOT of new parts! I hope he does, honestly. I really liked the look of the figure, and I'd hate to see some of that detail go to the wayside because he shares someone else's parts.

I never had the guy's shield, but it's cool and hopefully it'll just fold out like the original (no need for extra parts). What I really hope for is an extra weapon! I can already see them saying they can't afford one because of all the extension peices and the new parts...but I hope that they can find a way to give him the money-space that he needs to get something new. I've heard of an extending lance that'll go with his knight look, but I've always found lances kinda boring. I'm hoping for some sort of extending axe (perhaps it starts out as a hand axe, then extends the haft and the blades to make it a full battle axe), or maybe a spear-like weapon that acts as a sort of short sword, but the handle extends out to make it a spear?
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Definitely want Extendar. I think he's my most wanted Heroic Warrior right now. He's going to look amazing!
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

I really hope they make the extensions not so skinny. One blast to his extended midriff from Skeletors Havok Staff and he's done.

I know that worked for the vintage toy, but "realistically" his extensions should be almost as wide as the parts they are extending from.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52