Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Extendar Thread

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...n-thread/page8

Someone already beat you plus there's already an Extendar thread.

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    Sooo awesome... I'm glad we've come this far with the vintage guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Mye-Kah B View Post
    Extendars Shield is in the Mattel case at Power-Con!!Attachment 88149Attachment 88149
    AWWWW YEAH. Yes. Oh yes. Yes yes. 'Course now I gotta wait to see him, but who cares? Confirmed! Good enough for now!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

So awesome!!! I can't wait to see Extendar!!!!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Extendar will be massive. He'll have or should have a big torso like Ram Man. Plus his hip,arm,leg & neck extensions. The shield will be huge as well especially opened up. I do hope they give him an offensive weapon. Vintage.....bring it!! And as somebody mentioned above. Very glad we've come this far in the Classics line to get these uniquely tooled figures.

Heroic Warrior
    That means that Rio Blast will very likely be in 2014. I would bet he will be on the 1st quarter to boost sales.

Keyboard Warrior The Blue Beetle's Avatar
    I hope they can afford to use a pearled plastic similar to the vintage toy. I'd hate to see him come out looking like Frosta's "white". At minimum, I hope there's a good pearled paint they can use over the top of a normal plastic.
    Traversing the concussion blasts of Despondos!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Extendar is very essential, I been really missing him from my collection. Next up is Rio & Rotar from the vintage lot.
    Wish List: Eldor, Skeleton Warriors, King Argho, Horde Wraiths, Kobolds, Prahvus, Lord Masque, Rock Monster, Gen. Tartaran, Evil Seed, Carnivorous Plant, Lizard-Man, Hawke, Crimson Fury, Melaktha, Spinwit, Ra-Jarr, Kelclar, King Miro, Dare, Missile-Toe, Sh'gora, Vizar, Harpy, ABC Giants, Lodar, Dragoon, Darius, Negator, Masks of Power Demons, Slob-Boar, Bubblor, Three-Beast, Nocturna

Quote Originally Posted by The Blue Beetle View Post
    I hope they can afford to use a pearled plastic similar to the vintage toy. I'd hate to see him come out looking like Frosta's "white". At minimum, I hope there's a good pearled paint they can use over the top of a normal plastic.
    this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vlcan View Post
    Extendar will be massive. He'll have or should have a big torso like Ram Man. Plus his hip,arm,leg & neck extensions. The shield will be huge as well especially opened up. I do hope they give him an offensive weapon. Vintage.....bring it!! And as somebody mentioned above. Very glad we've come this far in the Classics line to get these uniquely tooled figures.
    think theyre gonna use the regular buck. the vintage one was so bulky to hide and be able to store the action feature.
    WISHLIST: Lodar, Green and Purple demons, Gwildor, Blastar, Panther/Cat Men, Peekablue, Mermista, Prince Dakon, Tung Lashor, Rotar, Twistoid, Kayo, Vizar, Lizorr, Sagitar, Quakke, Mara (prototype), Lizard Man, Garth, Blackbeard, Gleedal, Gargons, Garn (mini-comic), Hawke, Fang-or, Great Black Wizard, Red Stripe, Granita, Brainwave, Contractor

You might be correct. As he would have his Mini Comics look. Which would be ok. I still want him to be Taaaalllll!!

Yeah, he only looked fat in the vintage line as a compromise to accomodate his action feature. I want him to use the regular buck this time but with interchangeable parts.

Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdcore View Post
    That means that Rio Blast will very likely be in 2014. I would bet he will be on the 1st quarter to boost sales.
    2015, I think you mean. I would have expected Rio Blast this year (2014), based on Scott's statement about the rollout.

That said, I'm not shocked. Scott said that 2014 would be the bigger-name year, but clearly, we're going to see a few of the lesser-loved characters this year, so there's a few *must have* vintage characters for the 2015 rollout.
    My MOTU Classics Wishlist:
    Filmation - LIZARD MAN, Kittrina, Vultak, Zilora, Ileena, Masque
    Space Mutants - CRITA, Staghorn, Quakke, Butthead, Lizzor, Hoove
    MYP - VEENA, Evilseed, Prahvus
    Concept - RED BEAST, 4H alien 'Zodaq', Tony Guerrero Prototype

Quote Originally Posted by nerdcore View Post
    Possibly, but when Scott was speaking in RGD about "one coming in 2014, one in 2015", he lumped Extendar and Blast Attack together. So, Blast Attack will likely be in 2015, while Rio Blast very well could still come in 2014.

Also, I'm really stoked that Extendar is on his way! CANNOT WAIT to see how he turns out!

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Another must-have confirmed!!!!! Awesome!!!!!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Very cool that he's on his way. I'd guess he'll be the June figure, since Jan-May is covered. He's definitely my #1 vintage Heroic Warrior want right now. Not that there are many to choose from any more, which is not a bad thing!

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar

Oh yeah!!!

I'm SOOOOO excited! Another one of nmy remaining top 5 confirmed!

Partytime everybody!!!! WOOOOHOOOO!!!

Sorry for all the gifs
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

He was definitely one of my absolute favorite figures, and would have to say that he is my next most anticipated of the vintage figures.
    – No comment.

I'm stuck in an endless loop in which I keep waking up from the floor, wondering what happened, getting up to read this thread just to faint again.

Extendar, whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo-Hoooooooo!

*faints*
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Awesome! I did think we'll get him next year, I really hope he IS bulky, OK he won't have his action feature, but the great thing about Extendar was that he was bigger than the other figures, I hope Mattel keeps it that way for classics.
    next year too. TG did say that 2014 was stronger than 2015. 2015 could have Sssqueeze, Blast-Attak, Gwildor and Saurod.

So I take we'll see Extendar at NYCC in October.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

Jon Wes....Victory!!!!!

Jii Dee regarding Matty's view on MOTUC Collectors: "Here be whiny surrender monkey dragons".

MOTUC NEEDS: Tung Lashor, Rio Blast, Sssqueeze, Dragstor, Saurod & Lord Masque.

Heroic Warrior
    After seeing what they did with Blade, I'm sure they will do justice to Extendar and don't let him look fat.

image.jpg

EX-----TEN---------D-----AR!

Whoop!
    MOTUC: What we need NOW:
    KARG, Eldor, Horde Troopers, NA Skeletor, Sagitar

Wasn't a hard guess was it....

Okay, here's what I don't get- for those saying Extendar would have to be a fully tooled mold and therefore might push Rio Blast out to 2015. If the Horsemen/design were able to incorporate extension pieces for both Tallstar and Mekanek why wouldn't they do the same for Extendar? I could see extension pieces for sure as well as a new chest armor piece for the face guard, but other than that I don't see the argument for an entirely new mold. Creative reuse of the existing Masters male buck would seem to do quite well in this case and perhaps even reuse the Trap jaw legs since they bear at least a passing resemblance to the vintage Extendar's. Seems like a pretty basic reuse of mostly existing everything from where I sit.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    Okay, here's what I don't get- for those saying Extendar would have to be a fully tooled mold and therefore might push Rio Blast out to 2015. If the Horsemen/design were able to incorporate extension pieces for both Tallstar and Mekanek why wouldn't they do the same for Extendar? I could see extension pieces for sure as well as a new chest armor piece for the face guard, but other than that I don't see the argument for an entirely new mold. Creative reuse of the existing Masters male buck would seem to do quite well in this case and perhaps even reuse the Trap jaw legs since they bear at least a passing resemblance to the vintage Extendar's. Seems like a pretty basic reuse of mostly existing everything from where I sit.
    Trap Jaw's legs aren't remotely close to Extendar's legs.