Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Extendar Thread

I hope that we can extend exactly like the vintage! And obviously who having vintage style!

Mattel said at http://www.poeghostal.com/2009/11/as...vember-1.html:

We listen very carefully to fan suggestions when reviewing new candidates for toy lines. If there is a figure you really want, post about it online or talk to us at conventions. Many times the figures with more online chatter wind up being produced sooner in the line.
    OK, lets create lots of chatter about Extendar to test if Mattel really means what it says
    Got Fur

I want a Glimmer by the end of 2012 and Extendar by 2013!
    Other Wants:
    MotU: Rokkon, Stonedar, Dragstor, Modulok, Multi-bot, Horde Trooper, DB Skeletor
    PoP: Peekablue, Madam Razz, Lighthope, Kowl
    NA: Quakke, Sagitarr
    MYP: Hawk, Queen Andreenos, Lord Dactys
    Mini-Comics: Kex Queen, Tug-of-War Yellow Warrior, King Hiss' Slave Girl

Ready for POP Mini-Sub! -= SupernovA =-'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Horde View Post
    I hope that we can extend exactly like the vintage! And obviously who having vintage style!
    That would be cool, but I doubt it. Mekaneck's neck will also not extend but have changable neck pieces, so I guess for Extendar we get a seperate extended neck, arm and leg pieces too haha. His packaging will be stuffed with pieces and a huge red shield haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Novelty View Post
    OK, lets create lots of chatter about Extendar to test if Mattel really means what it says
    Please give us Extendar and Tallstar, Mattel.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Extandar is so cool. One of my favorite figures back inthe day. His comic apperance was epic. Hard to make into a motuc without dissapointing fans, his action feature is a huge part in what made him cool after all.

I think Mattel will go with the attachments, and that's fine with me. I'm certain that when they get to him, he will be amazing. I would love to add this fella to my collection. I never had Extendar as a kiddo.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Mattel said at http://www.poeghostal.com/2009/11/as...vember-1.html:

That's all well and good, but even if he-man.org becomes extendar.org it's not going to get him made any sooner than Jitsu or Mekaneck.

It would just mean we'd get Extendar before Horde Trooper or Ram Man or other unique tooled characters.

I'm a huge Extendar fan, but I figure they'll get to him when they get to him.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Extendar has haters???
    I'm in agreement. Extendar has haters? I thought he was one of the cooler figures and wished that Filmation would've used him and Rio Blast in the cartoon... more so than Snout Spout... or Hose Nose... or whatever.

Why can Hasbro do fully articulated figures that transform into cars with seats pilots and everything and Mattel can't do 7 simple extending limbs? These figures are $20 each. I'm disappointted with BA He-Man. Even more with Mekaneck and even even more with Extendar. Those are all characters that NEED their action feature. And weren't we told once that characters like EXTENDAR, Rokkon or Stonedar would keep their action features as that is what defined the characters...?
    JOIN THE GREAT REBELLION - COLLECTOR'S CLUB TODAY!
    http://www.facebook.com/TGRClub

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I'm one of Extendar's biggest fans. His figure is one of my most favorite in my collection and I loved his story in the Marvel comic and in the magazine. The minicomic wasn't so great.

Unfortunately, I think it will be a long while before we actually get to see him. He does need a complete new sculpt and its very unique, so I doubt he will be recycled.

I would also hope they can do limb extensions, but again, I'm thinking of the tooling cost. I would love Mattel forever if they release him, but I don't hold out much hope for him.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    Why can Hasbro do fully articulated figures that transform into cars with seats pilots and everything and Mattel can't do 7 simple extending limbs? These figures are $20 each. I'm disappointted with BA He-Man. Even more with Mekaneck and even even more with Extendar. Those are all characters that NEED their action feature. And weren't we told once that characters like EXTENDAR, Rokkon or Stonedar would keep their action features as that is what defined the characters...?
    The fact is MOTU just doesn't have the demand or the budget that Transformers has.

Regardless of what Mattel said in the past, their current position is that there will be no action features in this line.

Unless it's a simple rotating part like Tri-Klops' visor, all figures that need their action features to exist will just have them simulated with clip on parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    Extendar's gonna be a tough one.
    He's gonna need a ton of new tooling no matter how they do him.

The only thing I can really think of for a cost-saving measure would be to design the extending feature to have the same key/plug system at every spot so they can just include 5-6 of the same "extender" pieces instead of unique pieces for arm vs. leg, etc.

But while they're waiting, trying to figure it out, waiting for enough tooling dollars to free up, I'll just take a 200x-style Extendar Staction, please and thank you.
    yeah this seems like a good idea. that way you can have him punching someone from across the battle field

Extendar "talk to the hand cause the face can't hear ya"

Webstor " oh come ..."

Extendar " no really, i mean it. i can barely hear you and there is a microphone in my hand. my head is all the way over here jerk"
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Modular "extender" pieces would be great. Then they could put out a new accessory pack of those pieces and all two of the Extendar fans will get them.
    Got Fur

Other Wants:
    MotU: Rokkon, Stonedar, Dragstor, Modulok, Multi-bot, Horde Trooper, DB Skeletor

and all two of the Extendar fans will get them.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

LOL @ Tallstar. I'd actually get like half a dozen Extendars if they make him because he's one of my favs. And probably the max limit on the extender accessory packs if they make those. I'd be broke in the process though
    Got Fur

Other Wants:

It would be fantastic to have a MOTUC Extendar designed to stretch the same as the original Extendar figure. I don't see Extendar's old lengths as action features as such (not like a swing waist, chopping arm, water squirting mouth, swivel waist neck extension, rotating barrel chest, swirling cyclone waist etc action feature) but as an manual articulation design not dissimilar to bending elbows, twisting Tri-Klops eyes or rotating Man-E-Faces heads.

Given Extendar will have to be 100% freshly molded, it should be almost just as easy to make him the same way they did in the 1980s as it would to make separate connecting pieces.

The only question I have is whether 4H and Mattel will prefer an Extendar design of strictly limited growth as per the original - or if they use snap-on extension parts that can really make Extendar stretch much, much taller than ever before. For my mind, while the latter would be cool, I would prefor an update on the original model.

I think they will call his "extensions" an action feature and will probably just make him with "limited growth" potential. That'll be a pity though, I like the unlimited growth thing that could be extended with accessory packs.

As for accessories, I hope he gets an updated version of his shield, and a removable visor that's not attached to the body...
    Got Fur

Other Wants:

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I want Extendar to be the same size as the other characters (except when he extends). He wasn't super thick in his mini-comic appearances or Star Comics. I wouldn't like the 80's limitations to define the character.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...aGearX/003.jpg
    http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...aGearX/011.jpg
    http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...aGearX/012.jpg
    I agree - I want him the same basic size as the rest of the figures. 1) MegaGearMax hit it on the head: I would hate to see 80's limitations define the character. 2) He would look ridiculous on the shelf as the only character in the line of a different size. "Who's that really thick dude and why is he up there with your MotUC figures?"

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I think Mattel will go with the attachments, and that's fine with me. I'm certain that when they get to him, he will be amazing. I would love to add this fella to my collection. I never had Extendar as a kiddo.
    Same here - I think attachments are fine, and I wouldn't even care if they were only for the head and arms. I never had Extendar as a kid, so I'll just be glad to get him.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    These figures are $20 each. I'm disappointed with BA He-Man. Even more with Mekaneck and even even more with Extendar. Those are all characters that NEED their action feature. And weren't we told once that characters like EXTENDAR, Rokkon or Stonedar would keep their action features as that is what defined the characters...?
    All I've ever heard is that this line will not have action features ... and I'm fine with that, as long as we get something to simulate the look. I don't really play with mine (I know there are some that do, and that's cool); so as long as I can pose them in a cool way, I'm happy.

Modular "extender" pieces would be great. Then they could put out a new accessory pack of those pieces and all two of the Extendar fans will get them.
    Hey! No dissing the Tower of Power!

I've always been a big fan of Extendar, largely due his friendship/rivalry with Dragstor and the cool cybernetic medieval knight look he has going on.

And despite what Mattel said about no action features, I still think a figure like Extendar really should get to keep his. He'd have to be 100% all-new parts anyway, so why not?

My preference would be for them to keep the action feature on Extendar, and i also would prefer him big and bulky like ther original! I would definately be willing to sacrifice articulation to keep the size and action feature!

cant wait for extendar! no matter how they do him hes a instant buy!

From what I remember Extendar wasn't too complicated. I think they could implement the action feature because it would cost the same as doing multiple limbs. This is a case where the figure will be custom no matter what they do... So it makes sense for them to just add the feature.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Just thinking more about this, and unless he is VERY far down the line, like 3-4 years from now, I'm really not sure how they'll be able to do him like the Classic figure.

The extending limbs could be done pretty easily with lower arm and lower leg tooling that pulls off, but how would they do the waist extender without losing the articulation?

unless he is VERY far down the line, like 3-4 years from now
    We might not get him if he's 3-4 years down the line... I hope we see him sooner rather than later.
    Got Fur

Other Wants:

Just thinking more about this, and unless he is VERY far down the line, like 3-4 years from now, I'm really not sure how they'll be able to do him like the Classic figure.

The extending limbs could be done pretty easily with lower arm and lower leg tooling that pulls off, but how would they do the waist extender without losing the articulation?
    Given the choice, I think sacrificing the articulation in favour of the extending action is the way to go.