Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Extendar Thread

As I've mentioned several times, I'd love to see characters like Extendar who didn't get a 200X release (not even a staction!) over the likes of Mekanek, Rammy and Man-E (all of whom I love, Man-E's my favourite character), so put me down as the Extender for 2011 camp!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Extendar was one of my favorites as a kid. I don't see how people could hate on him. He was totally underutilized as a character though. Perhaps, if Filmation would've incorporated him into She-Ra or if He-Man had gone on for one more season, there probably wouldn't be an aversion to him. Out of curiosity, do his obsolescent contemporaries--namely, Snout Spout and Rio Blast--get just as much hate? I would say that there might be a correlation between the lack of airtime in PLC format and these characters, but then Snout Spout (Hose Nose) was in She-Ra and there are sizable followings for Scare Glow and Ninjor both of whom were released after Extendar, Snout, and Rio. Then again, Scare Glow and Ninjor might have followings based on some level of sentimentality since they were released when the original toyline was in its death throes. I imagine the same could be said for Spinnerella and Netossa in POP. Hmmmmmm, I'm curious what others might think....

Either way, I cannot wait to see Extendar AND Rio Blast released (I'm not a huge fan of Snout Spout). Extendar's legs could be reworked Trap Jaw/Man-E-Faces/Roboto ones. I don't think having him elongate like the original is a feasible option though. Snap-on pieces seems to be the direction Mattel wants to take for any and all gimmicks the original figures might've had.
    Last edited by LostIt2Bostik; September 22, 2010 at 10:42am.
    "You don't wanna beat me or screw me!? What kind of marriage is this? Bring a book." -- Jerri Blank to her pretend husband Ronnie Leggett, from "Strangers With Candy"

Not wanting to be argumentative but I do not think it a good idea for Extendar to share leg (or arm for that matter) parts with Trap Jaw or other figures. He was designed with quite unique and distinct arms and legs in vintage and that should be respected in MOTUC. Back in the early days Toyguru did say vintage figures with unique parts would get them.

I would think the awesome scaling on Whiplash gives us hope that Matty will not cheap out on fans in this regard.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    Ninjor must get his popularity from general interest people have in Ninjas. He's really not an impressive toy. I don't remember him at all from my childhood, and when I first found one at a local flea market I thought it was one of the many dollar-store knock-off toys that came out using similar body sculpts.

Scare Glow, in all fairness, is pretty sweet. I don't remember him from my childhood either, but I've become a fan since discovering him.

It seems like Extendar was a fairly common figure though, so I don't know why there isn't more sentimentality for him. I find him at flea markets and garage sales about as often as, say, Grizzlor and Kobra Kahn. His action feature made him by far the largest character in any US fan's collection, and he stands out like crazy in his pearlescent armour.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I was looking at another thread about extra accessories & a suggestion was given that Extendar should come with a lance along with his shield. I think a lance will be the perfect weapon for him. does anyone agree?

I'd much rather that he has his extension features, be it add on parts or otherwise than an extra accessory. A lance would work, but an extending Extendar would be even better!
    Got Fur

I want a Glimmer by the end of 2012 and Extendar by 2013!
    Other Wants:
    MotU: Rokkon, Stonedar, Dragstor, Modulok, Multi-bot, Horde Trooper, DB Skeletor
    PoP: Peekablue, Madam Razz, Lighthope, Kowl
    NA: Quakke, Sagitarr
    MYP: Hawk, Queen Andreenos, Lord Dactys
    Mini-Comics: Kex Queen, Tug-of-War Yellow Warrior, King Hiss' Slave Girl

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulkhide View Post
    I agree. I think we'll get Ram Man in 2011 and Extendar or King Hiss in 2012-13.
    With King Hsss announced and on the way in 2011...?
    The power of Grayskull compels you!

My daughter's Hebrew name is Shira.

Quote Originally Posted by guy-dude View Post
    With King Hsss announced and on the way in 2011...?
    This is an older thread; he wrote that back at the end of 2009. Don't think Hsss had been announced yet.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    Not wanting to be argumentative but I do not think it a good idea for Extendar to share leg (or arm for that matter) parts with Trap Jaw or other figures. He was designed with quite unique and distinct arms and legs in vintage and that should be respected in MOTUC. Back in the early days Toyguru did say vintage figures with unique parts would get them.
    Yep. Absolutely no sharing. And bulky is the way to go on him.

Checking in, still waiting for Extandar, one of my absolute favorites from back in the day.

I too would like to see him bulky, tank-like. And I don't really mind if he doesn't have the play feature, but rather has interchangeable extensions for arms, feet and head.
    Check out my blog about toys and food: http://toysandbacon.blogspot.com/

In terms of Accessories, He needs to get his shield that gets bigger and and the lance that Emiliano designed for him. Two great accessories that have some existence in MOTU history!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    i would love to have extendar soon!
    if all he has is his folding shield & his extensions so he could extend all his parts i would be very happy.
    for another weapon accessory I could use that gold spear or other extra weapon that came with the battle packs.

I may have said this before, and if I have I apologize for the repeat but:

Extendar is a big favourite of mine. Growing up just loving knights, Extendar really appealed to me as the shining knight of MOTU. I'd love for his MOTUC figure to come with Vikor's sword with a silver blade and gold hilt. I think that would be just perfection.

Along with the shield, it would help realize this character as I always envisioned him. And I think the Vikor sword is a pretty terrific piece and deserves a -useful- repaint as soon as possible.

Personal Service Provider Agostinho's Avatar
    Extendar is one of my top 5 I'm hoping for in this line. A favorite of mine!

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    Extendar holds a special place in my heart. It was the last MOTU figure I ever bought. I loved his minicomic and his stories. He deserved more credit than he got, but unfortunately he came out at the end.

Although I don't know when we'll see him. Notice I said "when." He needs to be a completely new sculpt with limb and neck extensions. We also have to remind the 4H to put the peace sign on the back of his neck.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

never saw him in real life, only pics.

That being said, I feel extra parts would be fine, ala Mekanek. I dont need or want the actual action feature.

Of course I think they'd need unique pieces for each point that extends, which makes him have alot of accessories. I dont know how else they could do it.

But I'll be happy to see that. But if that I imagine he'd have to be a con exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by LostIt2Bostik View Post
    Extendar was one of my favorites as a kid. I don't see how people could hate on him. He was totally underutilized as a character though. Perhaps, if Filmation would've incorporated him into She-Ra or if He-Man had gone on for one more season, there probably wouldn't be an aversion to him. Out of curiosity, do his obsolescent contemporaries--namely, Snout Spout and Rio Blast--get just as much hate? I would say that there might be a correlation between the lack of airtime in PLC format and these characters, but then Snout Spout (Hose Nose) was in She-Ra and there are sizable followings for Scare Glow and Ninjor both of whom were released after Extendar, Snout, and Rio. Then again, Scare Glow and Ninjor might have followings based on some level of sentimentality since they were released when the original toyline was in its death throes.

What's strange is that I had both Snout Spout and Rio Blast (who I loved) and never saw a single Extendar. In my area NO ONE had him. I didnt even know he existed until I saw a he-man collectors list in toymart magazine.

He seems pretty cool and unique and yet still very much a Classic MoTU character. I'll be happy to see him done very vintage in MOTUC.
    Last edited by baronterror; May 19, 2011 at 01:07am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I was just thinking - would those who would want an Extendar accept him with "thin" extensions like the vintage toy, or do you think the 4HM could do better?

I just recently opened a Quadro-Battlizer Power Ranger, and the figure has "extendable" "triple joints" which can be pulled out and "extend" the limbs, without a considerable reduction in limb "thickness". I thought that might be a good idea for Extendar (and perhaps Tallstar).
    Got Fur

Other Wants:
    MotU: Rokkon, Stonedar, Dragstor, Modulok, Multi-bot, Horde Trooper, DB Skeletor

Quote Originally Posted by Novelty View Post
    I was just thinking - would those who would want an Extendar accept him with "thin" extensions like the vintage toy, or do you think the 4HM could do better?
    Thin extensions on Extendar would be fine by me, because I like the contrast between his standard and extended look on the vintage figure. The thin extensions give him a creepy otherworldly look and that screams Horde science to me for some reason.

Now I've got a question for the group. Should his face be blank and angular, like the figure, or have more detailing like the mini comic. (i.e. red eyes, rivets on his forehead etc.?)

I too consider Extendar to be one of my absolute favorite figures from childhood. I can't wait for him to make an appearance in MOTUC.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Now I've got a question for the group. Should his face be blank and angular, like the figure, or have more detailing like the mini comic. (i.e. red eyes, rivets on his forehead etc.?)
    Would they make two different heads? I wonder. I'd like the one with more details like the minicomic, but I'll happily take the version based on the toy.
    Got Fur

Other Wants:

I just recently opened a Quadro-Battlizer Power Ranger, and the figure has "extendable" "triple joints" which can be pulled out and "extend" the limbs, without a considerable reduction in limb "thickness". I thought that might be a good idea for Extendar (and perhaps Tallstar).
    Yes, I think this is one area where there's room for improvement. Those skinny extensions on the original Extendar are the only thing I didn't like about him.

I also prefer the simpler design of the original toy face. It looks more heroic to me.
    Last edited by RocketPunch; June 1, 2011 at 05:54am.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    This is an older thread; he wrote that back at the end of 2009. Don't think Hsss had been announced yet.
    Woah! Sorry for the delay...

I kinda figured that. My post was supposed to read as a more truncated version of: "now that King Hsss has been announced for 2011, how does that change your speculated timeline?" with curiosity, not cynicism.

Clearly it didn't come across that way. My bad!
    The power of Grayskull compels you!

My daughter's Hebrew name is Shira.

I think Extendar looks really cool ... until he actually extends. I love the knightlike appearence he has, but when you see what his head looks like behind the helmet he kind of looses his awesomness.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Quote Originally Posted by guy-dude View Post
    Woah! Sorry for the delay...

I kinda figured that. My post was supposed to read as a more truncated version of: "now that King Hsss has been announced for 2011, how does that change your speculated timeline?" with curiosity, not cynicism.

Clearly it didn't come across that way. My bad!
    No worries! I didn't think you cynical, I was just tryin' to be helpful.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

What I was thinking about Extendar was to make him a high piece count product.
    You have Extendar with 2 standrad accessories,
    Then give him an elongated neck piece(snap off head and all)
    Elongated ab piece(think King Hsssss but with a piece you'd add in)
    2 elongated forearm pieces(think of Roboto's arm mechanics, or Clawful's for that matter-must be lightweight to avoid throwing off the center of gravity too much)
    No leg pieces, I just like the idea of keeping his center of gravity low. I think the same idea/mechanics may work for Star Sister Tallstar.

I'm not sure how it would affect price though, it seems like too much for a $20 sku. Perhaps create a $25 sku, not likely but maybe...
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.