Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Answers to WTFWTK 2.152!

Answers to WTFWTK 2.152!

Mattel has once again provided answers to your questions.
    Thanks again to them for taking the time to answer these!
    Check out their answers to your Round 152 questions!

This round of questions were selected by mjw41.
    Thanks to that fan for their help!

1. MegaGearMax: Any update to Mattel acquiring the 1987 movie rights?

Nothing to update yet. We wish we had something to report! But a lack of an answer is better than a no.

2. mjw41: Assuming that the new He-Man and The Masters Of The Universe Filmation subscription happens in 2016 and is continued in 2017, would it potentially include characters from the She-Ra cartoon? A number of fans would love an accurate Filmation Hordak.

Yes.

3. Yogopop: In the new 2016 He-Man and The Masters Of The Universe Filmation subscription, will we continue to see alternate heads packed in as accessories? For example, a Filmation Evil-Lyn with an alternate helmet-less head?

Possibly.

4. No-Ah: A few months ago, He-Man fandom was really enthusiastic about the new management. Since SDCC, a number of perceived missteps appear to have done serious short-term damage to the relationship between fandom and the new management. This includes the King Hiss torso situation, the solicited Early Access for SDCC not occurring, a disappointing Teela reveal, a perceived lack of transparency, etc, and now the hanging question of whether international subscribers will even get the laser light figures. Is this issue taken seriously by MattyCollector and will any steps be taken to win back the trust of fans?

As for the laser light figures, we don't know why it was ever reported that they would have issues shipping internationally because we test all our products to be able to meet international standards. We have received confirmation that they will be available internationally, so rejoice!
    As for everything else, we don't get a lot of resources for MOTU / MattyCollector compared to other Mattel core brands, so it's hard to always be on top of everything when we don't get the support that we would really like to have. But everything we do for this brand is because we care about it, not because we are forced to work on it. And that includes our relationship with the fans. Management may change but the day to day team still has the same goals which are to make awesome product for the brand that we care about, and to hopefully make you, the fans, happy.

5. zodak74: Due to the very negative fan reaction to the photos shown online of Teela in the Talon Fighter & Point Dread playset, has any thought been given to releasing an improved version of this Teela figure again at a later date for MOTU Classics, or are we stuck with what a number of customers feel is a botched, cheap attempt at a long-awaited Teela 2.0?

There are plans for a Filmation accurate Teela. We have dealt with a LOT of changes to the team especially in Management roles, each with their own view of how to run this line, so things change constantly and this was one of them. But we understand the reaction to the Point Dread Teela figure and it was not meant to be the Teela 2.0 you have been waiting for.

--------------------

Click here to ask questions in Round 154!
    Click here for a master list of all previous Q&A sessions.
    And, have fun discussing Mattel's answers to your Round 152 questions!
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Hoping Power-Con returns in 2017!

First of all, really glad to finally get confirmation that everyone will be sent the LL figures. As to why we were uncertain, see the previous WTFWTK reply which left the question open.

I don't hate the answer to my question, even though it is partially a dodge. I want to get along with Matty. They need to do a better job. The answers to my question and Zodak74's do appear to confirm that we just lost our brand manager.

Time to send everyone their promised King Hsss torso and then fix the derpy eyes! Let's fix things!
    Last edited by No-Ah; November 5, 2015 at 05:43pm.
    ALAS, POOR CLASSICS....

Top want list: Mask of Power Demons, Snake Goddess Teela, GITD Goddess, Snake Mountain Man, Dree-Elle & Montork, 200X Beast-Man, Red Beast, Ra-Jar, Great Black Wizard, Dragoon, King Torius, 200x Centaur Chief, Queen Andreeno.

2 Collectors' Choice. 2 2.0s 3 Thundercats
    ME WANT MORE MYTHIC LEGIONS!

WWW.FARTHERTHANWEDREAMED.COM

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    As for the laser light figures, we don't know why it was ever reported that they would have issues shipping internationally because we test all our products to be able to meet international standards. We have received confirmation that they will be available internationally, so rejoice!
    Absolutely disgusting! They make out like it's our fault assuming they would not ship internationally. Did they forgot the response they gave us in a previous Q&A's? Too little too late. I think I'm just going to cancel my sub now and hope to pick up Dragstor at a later date. I've already pre-ordered the Laser figures from another forum member and am not going back on my word. Not my fault their team could not make up their mind and sent out false information.
    At this point I just HOPE for Dylamug and Hunga the Harpy!

Uh, guys, they are saying they don't know why someone at Mattel reported that. You both are completely misreading that.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Yay to International fans getting the Laser Light/Laser Power figures! I'm still not sure how I feel regarding the Teela answers. "This wasn't meant to be your 2.0 Teela" so...it's okay she looks terrible?

I'm not sure the person who answered the question really does understand the issue with her. Based on the answer, it sounds like he/she is referring to how Scott wanted 2.0 figures to be "classicized" Filmation designs with MOTUC details vs the no-detail versions we're getting now. That wasn't the problem with Teela. The problem was her face turned out terrible and her outfit is bloated, not flush to her body (big gap) and her gold loin piece should have been attached to the top of her outfit and not split up. Her looking horrendous has nothing to do with changing managers.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

What I gather from that answer is that someone at some point decided to go ahead with this figure for whatever reason. That could certainly have to do with changing management. They just didn't give exact details on why she turned out that way.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Uh, guys, they are saying they don't know why someone at Mattel reported that. You both are completely misreading that.
    Even so, it's a major screw up on their part AGAIN!
    At this point I just HOPE for Dylamug and Hunga the Harpy!

It may be semantics but if there was never a question as to them shipping internationally, why would they need to "receive confirmation?"

Just glad everybody that subbed will be getting them.

This definitely also clarified how we (the paying customers, counting me as one of them here) are getting new benefits such as reveal of the full year, no sub drive (just a sub open sale window) etc... New management always brings new possibilities. Honestly, I wish I had had that type of support from management during me tenure. I always HATED not being able to show more and beg for subs. Personally I am thrilled the new new management is open to this!

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    This definitely also clarified how we (the paying customers, counting me as one of them here) are getting new benefits such as reveal of the full year, no sub drive (just a sub open sale window) etc... New management always brings new possibilities. Honestly, I wish I had had that type of support from management during me tenure. I always HATED not being able to show more and beg for subs. Personally I am thrilled the new new management is open to this!
    Why did the management you worked under prevent you from being able to show the full lineup? Did it have to do with obtaining trademarks or something?

Toyguru go get your old job back. Apparently it's open.
    Icer and Filmation Clawful made. Mission complete.

Agreed, though I do enjoyed seeing videos showing off new He-Man toys. Especially the walk-through videos! It would be fun to see one done in the format of the vintage commercials. Your own participation in the fan podcasts was always a treat as you shared lots of great insight.

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    Why did the management you worked under prevent you from being able to show the full lineup? Did it have to do with obtaining trademarks or something?
    I think it tended to come from a concern of showing something we couldn't deliver. A concern the new management doesn't have as much!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frightmare View Post
    Toyguru go get your old job back. Apparently it's open.
    Why don't you apply! :-)

Pretty cool international fans will get the LL figures! Awesome figures for everyone!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    I think it tended to come from a concern of showing something we couldn't deliver. A concern the new management doesn't have as much!
    I could see that in a way. The Four Horsemen sculpt some real gems that in the early development probably were more ambitious than Mattel wanted to go.

I think just naming the characters would have been fine. Oh well, we will make it to 2016 anyway, so it all worked out!

film noir warrior maltesefalcon's Avatar
    Im glad the international fans such as myself are getting the laser figures. I still feel they don't understand that this was meant to be 1.5 teela for those who did not get the original teela and wanted a "classicised" version rather than the full filmation version(and are not willing to pay ridiculous amounts on the aftermarket).

I still don't get why they would hold the rights on things they technically should not be able to use without mattels permission they don't own he-man and are unlikely to make a sequel (although I would love it!)

all in all the little bit more enthusiasm shown has made me a little more hopeful for the future
    when your world turns upside down, laugh at the people standing on their heads!

Heroic Warrior
    So I wonder if any of the people who cancelled their subs over the information, now erroneous, that LL Skelly and He-Man couldn't be shipped overseas are kicking themselves now?
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

Awesome, worldwide shipping for the laser figures!

Heroic Warrior
    I'm glad they've dispelled the rumour about the laser figures.

I'm not sure about the Teela issue. She was obviously supposed to be the carrot to encourage sales of PD&TF. They had two really good options open: 1) reissue the original, or 2) issue a cartoon accurate figure.

Talking about a Filmation Teela now is an attempt at a 'fix' comparable to the King Hiss situation.

At least they're aware of things and attempting to make up some lost ground.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I'm still not sure how I feel regarding the Teela answers. "This wasn't meant to be your 2.0 Teela" so...it's okay she looks terrible? :

I REALLLLLLY Hate that answer.

First of all... because yes it was. That is 100% meant to be the replacement teela for anyone who couldn't get 1.0. It is totally Filmation Teela design. the only difference between this one and a 'true' filmation Teela that we'll get later, is the boots and armbands have a LITTLE detail on them.

So yeah... this was really the 2.0 teela.

Secondly... is telling us 'we know you hate this one... but we'll let you pay for another one LATER,' REALLY appeasing anyone?? Wasn't that what people were told with Battleground Evil-lynn and filmation Hordak?? If you buy the one you DON"T like.... maybe we'll let you buy another later that you'll like more!!!

It's not like this is really a 'free' figure. It's cost was factored into the price of the vehicle.

Personally, I prefer the answers that are more 'Yeah, bad stuff happened. Sorry about that... factories suck some times. We're disappointed too..." That at least feels honest. Shrugging their shoulders and saying 'Oh well, we never figured on this being filmation Teela anyway...' just irks me.

"because we test all our products to be able to meet international standards"

But not King Grayskull???

My doubts over the LL/LP figures were based on the first figure from the line not being able to ship internationally not a previous Q and A

If you are referring to the 2008 King Grayskull, that's a different situation. I'm sure that figure was designed only as a SDCC exclusive to be sold in the US. I doubt it was designed for international sale as part of a subscription or store product.

Plus I don't think the people answering these Q&As were even around during that. They can only speak to what's going on right now. They didn't say "Mattel has always done this for every product ever in the history of the company."

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Filmation Teela is coming!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    Even so, it's a major screw up on their part AGAIN!
    Try listening to understand instead of listening to react. Just a suggestion.

I don't understand why in some of the answers the team compares MOTUC with other Mattel brands, referring to the limited resources reources they count with. I do believe that this brand remains mainly because of fans support, but I find quite descouraging everytime that MOTUC is put against HotWheels &/or Monster High as a reason or answer for the drawbacks or inconvenients with the line.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread