Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Flying Fists He-Man & Terror Claws Skeletor Arrival Thread!

Flying Fists He-Man & Terror Claws Skeletor Arrival Thread!

Well, after a short delay, I finally got my October figures! I know this set is a bit lackluster for several fans but I've been eagerly awaiting this one for a long time because it comes with one of my favorite old childhood figures!

Back in the day, both of my standard He-Man and Skeletor figures got broken from all the playtime. So when my parents bought replacements for me, I ended up with Thunder Punch He-Man and Terror Claws Skeletor. I had a blast playing with them and always associated those two variants together, so it's kinda strange for me to see Flying Fists He-Man here...

He's neat but that bolo weapon is pretty big and clunky when he's got it extended out. Also, he does suffer a bit from Derpy Eye Syndrome, which is unfortunate. Overall, he's a nice figure but not one of my favorites so he'll just go to the variants shelf.

As far as Terror Claws Skeletor is concerned, I like him! The darker skin tone doesn't seem so bad in person as it does in pics. I'll probably still swap out the body with my Alcala Skeletor, which is using a Mo-Larr Skeletor buck, but for now I'm happy to finally put my two childhood arch-rivals together again after so many years!

This set completes my childhood collection and, for me, everything else that comes out now is just icing on the cake!
    Like He-Man & She-Ra artwork? Check out my latest art and MOTUC pics at Havoc Staff!

Quote Originally Posted by Micro-Man View Post
    Well, after a short delay, I finally got my October figures! I know this set is a bit lackluster for several fans but I've been eagerly awaiting this one for a long time because it comes with one of my favorite old childhood figures!

Back in the day, both of my standard He-Man and Skeletor figures got broken from all the playtime. So when my parents bought replacements for me, I ended up with Thunder Punch He-Man and Terror Claws Skeletor. I had a blast playing with them and always associated those two variants together, so it's kinda strange for me to see Flying Fists He-Man here...

http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/a...psrnm09ape.jpg

http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/a...psebtnimeq.jpg

He's neat but that bolo weapon is pretty big and clunky when he's got it extended out. Also, he does suffer a bit from Derpy Eye Syndrome, which is unfortunate. Overall, he's a nice figure but not one of my favorites so he'll just go to the variants shelf.

As far as Terror Claws Skeletor is concerned, I like him! The darker skin tone doesn't seem so bad in person as it does in pics. I'll probably still swap out the body with my Alcala Skeletor, which is using a Mo-Larr Skeletor buck, but for now I'm happy to finally put my two childhood arch-rivals together again after so many years!

http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/a...psgdqbgwlp.jpg

This set completes my childhood collection and, for me, everything else that comes out now is just icing on the cake!
    Congrats....glad you're enjoying them so much. Mine will arrive Friday the 23rd.
    Looking forward to a very bright 2016 with MOTUC Collectors Choice, He-Man and the Masters Of the Universe animated Filmation line, Thundercats & SNAKE MOUNTAIN

I'm actually excited to get mine. I enjoy the little paint app variety to the He-man buck and personally NEVER enjoyed Vac metal. It always looked and felt cheap to me. I know those of you who have a nostalgic love of the vintage figure understandably lament it's absence but I was long out of MotU when this guy was originally released and have no such emotional ties. Honestly the new design team is right, if the factory in China is unable to execute the application properly then this alternative may stand the test of time better. Just MHO but I like these 2. I may not feel the same about our next 2 pack but despite a missed opportunity for another head sculpt I am happy to have these guys.

I got them, and I dunno what to say. He-Man is... bland. Bland all over, and even is ridiculous weapon and shield can't make up for that. I love his stoned expression, though.

And Skeletor... he's also bland. His claws are this stiff, hollow, cheap-feeling plastic that scrapes his forearms. His dragon-thingy looks awkward, and he can't hold it with said claws. The figures don't feel like DISASTERS, but the amount of money I shelled out for them makes them disappointments, especially in light of the far mor eexciting variants we've already seen.

Oookay, they've suddenly started growing on me. LIke, while suiting up for the Second Ultimate Battleground, He-Man and Skeletor just look at each other and say, "What happened to us? We look ridiculous?"

I mean, at what point did Skeletor look at himself and say, "you know what I need? A sports glaw, some metal gloves, and a dinosaur puppet! That will give me Ultimate Power!"

And then He-Man just goes flying by with his helicopter-stick.

I just received my two sets, both of which have paint problems. I have a third set coming.

Also, holy hat hair Batman! lol

Heroic Warrior
    I really wish they'd have included the vintage style He-Man head here either as the main head or a bonus. it would really have plussed this up for me.

no vac metal is a bummer.
    all i wanted was for the TC to look cool (they do to me) and the metal to really shine (nope)

The irony is, if those claws had been made of more flexible or rubbery material, they wouldn't damage Skeletor. But if they were made that way, people would be very upset at the "gummy plastic."

Less talk, more pictures.
    Visit me and be my friend...I like friends...LOL

http://www.facebook.com/MisterDeeJay2KX

The no vac metal doesn't bother me, nor do i want the Vintage head, so, I'm glad of that. Chrome to me doesn't necessarily make something look high end.

That said, this completes the Vintage HM & S variants, so, it's all good.
    Recent.... HATMOTU Trap Jaw
    Coming.... Classics Vultak
    Wanted.... Classics Masque & Callix?
    Considering....
    Needed....

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    The no vac metal doesn't bother me, nor do i want the Vintage head, so, I'm glad of that. Chrome to me doesn't necessarily make something look high end.

That said, this completes the Vintage HM & S variants, so, it's all good.
    I think the vintage head should have been standard from the get go.
    Visit me and be my friend...I like friends...LOL

http://www.facebook.com/MisterDeeJay2KX

Quote Originally Posted by Oceanwalker View Post
    Yeah I agree. The vintage inspired head is SO much better than the standard He-Man head! No mace face and a lot more detail and expression.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Oceanwalker View Post
    I personally don't like it, i like the new head so much more. In fact, i have the Vintage head on my Hydron, of which i swapped the fins for feet, shaved down the armor and he is now a Royal air Guard. I do agree with others although it doesn't really bother me that they should have used the Khan parts for Skeletor, and i still don't get the new suntan he's sporting.
    Considering....
    Needed....

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    ....I do agree with others although it doesn't really bother me that they should have used the Khan parts for Skeletor, and i still don't get the new suntan he's sporting.
    So it's not all good then? More like, Sub-Par? That's what I think of this set. Poorly executed sub-par variants with multiple issues that could have been improved whether you wanted to see vac-metal or not.

Mine arrived and they're just meh.

My He-Man doesn't have derpy eyes but there's obvious mold flashing. I wonder if the tool is degrading or something. I'm going to do the fat armor fix of dremeling down the lats and gluing the armor on.

I really hate TC Skeletor. What is his hood connected to? It's not a hood, it's a bonnet. Why would Skeletor wear a bonnet? The red clip is worse than Hurricane Hordak's dial. I've already ranted about the hollowed-out hands. I actually do like the coloration though, and I'm going to try swapping on my Alcala Skeletor's gear onto this buck and see how it looks. The ashen color is more evocative of a lich to me, which really is what Skeletor is.

Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    So it's not all good then? More like, Sub-Par? That's what I think of this set. Poorly executed sub-par variants with multiple issues that could have been improved whether you wanted to see vac-metal or not.
    No, i agree they could have been better. While i don't care about the vac metal, and the Skeletor parts don't bug me i do agree this is the most lacklustre set of Vintage variants in Classics. He-Mans armor could have been way more form fitting, Skeletors color is just wrong and while ilike the Classics He head, something is off on this one... I'm wondering if this a new tooling head, meaning the old one was retired because of reuse and a new one was made. They have done it before with his head, or at least the hair. This one seems waxy and actually looks like a toy face unlike the previous outings of it. And Skeletor should have had a paint job on his face like the original one.
    Considering....
    Needed....

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    The ashen color is more evocative of a lich to me, which really is what Skeletor is.
    Not to derail the thread, but I never thought about it like that. I agree old skull head is a lich. Good call!

I still like He-man but I do find Skeletor to be a little meh. My nephews though love the heck out of Skeletor though-with a giant dinosaur skull weapon. I guess the concept for this particular Skeletor variant worked better for a toy line intended for children, not so much adult collectors.

The paint issues and derpy eyes are ridiculous. This is a collector line. They can't make sure the paint us good anymore?
    A Want List of Sorts: you know what I want? I want a Deluxe MOTUC She-Ra in her toy costume and/or Starburst costume. I'd like a Filmation Adam too.

Scaly photo artist Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Could someone who has the set please post a picture of Spikor wearing the Terror Claws?
    I wondered how close the blue matched his armour.
    Press down on dragon's head. It sprays enemies with a jet of water!
    Press down on a camera's shutter release. It will take pictures that tell stories!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    The paint issues and derpy eyes are ridiculous. This is a collector line. They can't make sure the paint us good anymore?
    Seriously. The derp eyes are the worst. The other stuff i can at least fix. I'm a pretty solid customizer, and fixing eyes is tough. When toys are this expensive there is just no excuse for it.

He looks stoned, but he'd have to be to wield that ridiculous weapon.

"I'm wearing this sports bra for you, He-Man!"

I got mine the other day. I just gotta say, as someone who really wanted to complete the vintage variants and was really looking forward to these, these are beyond disappointing! Where do I even begin, first of all, they didn't get the body parts right, Skeletor should have had the scaly boots and forearms like DB Skeletor and he should have had the basic belt/loincloth piece like BA Skeletor, and He-Man has the wrong left forearm. Is it really that hard for someone to LOOK at the vintage figures and get the parts right?! Then we have Skeletor with his skin tone way off and a big lack of paint detail, making him look super cheap. The first thing I did when I got him was swap his head for another one that has a better paint job, and I took some metallic purple paint and painted all the little rivets on his claws and the tassels on his loincloth. He looks a lot more acceptable now, even with his skin tone way off. And then, I think the biggest disappointment of all is He-Man's lack of vac metal and his bloated armor. Considering BP He-Man got the vac metal treatment, I assumed FF He-Man would as well. I was also really hoping they would use FF He-Man as a way of giving us a vac metal power sword, which I've really wanted for a long time. But I guess I shouldn't expect anything above and beyond from this new matty team. I'm assuming the 4HM probably had nothing to do with these figures and they were probably done in house by people who are lazy and/or just don't care. I'm already thinking about how I need to get a DB Skeletor buck so I can swap out the parts with TC Skeletor and a different loincloth to make him right, I also want to gat another FF He-Man to swap out the parts with BP He-Man so I can make a BP He-Man without the super pale skin tone. It really sucks I have to buy more figures to fix them, I wish they could have just done them right in the first place. I also REALLY want to get He-Man's armor and weapons vac metaled! I know I've seen some customizers get parts plated, does anyone know where I could get that done or how much it would cost?
    Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders: Royalt1us, chrisbryan, AGE, UnemployedSkeletor, EwR-Disaster, Kero, jaggerart, Uki, skully, overlordofevil, Neo, He-Bruely, returnofplex, Jonny Tyler, Herewegoagain, lemure77, bigassbuzz. (if I've had a transaction with you and your not on this list, please remind me.)

I got this set in today. The joints are all nice and tight. My biggest complaint with the He-Man is that his skin tone doesn't match the 1st release He-Man and therefore doesn't match the vintage head from Oo-Larr. FF He-Man has slightly darker skin. I might display him with TRU He-Man's head.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

is the pivot articulation in center of the "dragon-weapon" supposed to be stiff (able to stay posed as placed) or loose and floppy? the photos make it look posable, but mine just hangs limp...

It keeps its pose on mine, but it's loose.