Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Granita in MOTUC

Granita in MOTUC

I searched and searched, but I didn't come across a thread devoted to Granita. Please, Mods, move this if needed.

Clearly, there has been a lot of love for Granita, and recent .org polling shows that the character has a lot of support. I wonder, however, how easy she would be to make. Is the parts reuse from Rokkon and Stonedar a simple matter? Does Granita require more plastic - making her a deluxe figure?

Many want her, but I can't help wondering how likely she is based on these things.

Also, let's just talk about Granita in this thread! How many appearances she's had, what makes her so desired, etc.

granita-bar-12.jpg

granita_zpscfa0b990.jpg
    Orko: It's like the Sorceress said: sometimes, the ones who seem the worst, need our help the most.
    He-Man: You're learning.

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    I think Granita in the line would be great. The Rock People always seemed kinda lacking with just two at the helm - Rokkon and Stonedar (as much as I like them).

I would also love to see the other Rock People down the line as well. Granita is a necessary first step to expand them as a force. Now, this is coming from a Rock Lords fan, so I'm a bit bias when it comes to rock toys.

As for parts, Granita will probably need her own. Of course, once you make Granita, you've got a mold to make other lady Rock People.

I definitely think Granita is necessary. When I think of the Rock People as a faction, I think of the three of them. She would look amazing alongside Rokkon and Stonedar. Really hope we see her!
    Wes

I'd want Granita to be more in line with MOTUC Rokkon and Stonedar, as far as add-on pieces and the ability to turn into a rock. I fear she's going to end up very Filmation cartoon influenced and therefore not actually look like she belongs alongside the current Rokkon and Stonedar. There's a female Rock Warrior shown in the original mini-comics and I'd be okay if that design was chosen and she was called Granita.
    The Next 13 I Need To Have: Lord Masque, Classic Toy Costume Catra, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Granita, Bould-Or, Crita, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Major Header, Compactor, Queen Elmora (She-Demon Of Phantos)

She definitely deserves her own thread - up until now she's been part of the Rock People thread.

She could use the Teela shoes and standard female body, just with an outfit laid over the top. Obviously hands would be reused and she could possibly use Scorpia's shoulders...maybe Tallstar's thighs, but they wouldn't be exactly on-model.

At the moment, I don't think Mattel are listening. And if we get RoboWoman - whose design is based on Granita's costume - that would be a massive slap in the face for all those who have been waiting so long for her.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Granita should have been released with her fellow Rock People two years ago. It's a shame she hasn't already been made!

I really hope we get her before the line ends. I still can't believe that Mattel has included so many variants in the 2014/2015 line up rather than figures like Granita, Vultak or Hunga!
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: King Miro / Hawke / Dakon / Delora
    Evil: Evilseed / Lodar
    POP: King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian / Crita

Yeah but they made that Robo-woman in the comics, right? she's been taken in consideration by the academy dont worry

I WANT GRANITA too! Count me in!
    "The most powerful man in the universe..."
    "Where hope seems lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    Whats next ?

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    As for parts, Granita will probably need her own. Of course, once you make Granita, you've got a mold to make other lady Rock People.
    Since Rokkon and Stonedar each got its own unique set of rock parts, I think it would be fair to do the same with the females (though I'm aware this would make them less likely due to the added tooling costs). Now, if Granita reuses Stonedar's "cratered meteor" parts, I wouldn't oppose Pebbliss reusing Rokkon's "chiseled rock" parts. But I don't know how feasible it would be to reuse male-sized rock parts with female bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I'd want Granita to be more in line with MOTUC Rokkon and Stonedar, as far as add-on pieces and the ability to turn into a rock. I fear she's going to end up very Filmation cartoon influenced and therefore not actually look like she belongs alongside the current Rokkon and Stonedar.
    Granita was originally intended as a figure for the vintage toyline (but apparently they thought two Rock People were enough, so they scrapped the female one...). So Mattel possibly has some prototype material to go by (but I'm not sure if this has ever been made public), apart from her Filmation version (which one would assume was based on Mattel's concept for her).

There's a female Rock Warrior shown in the original mini-comics and I'd be okay if that design was chosen and she was called Granita.
    Mmm... no, thanks. I think Granita and Pebbliss (a.k.a. Quartzina) should definitely remain separate. They look quite different (green-rocked Granita with red costume vs. red-rocked Pebbliss with yellow costume; i.e., their rock parts are colored in mutually-opponent hues, so they contrast starkly for non-daltonic eyes). And since we already have at least two adult males, having two adult females would serve to balance the faction genderwise.

Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

How was this not already a thread?!? Granita would be amazing to have in my collection! I hope that if...no, WHEN Mattel makes her, that she comes with rock pieces like Stonedar and Rokkon did.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

I'm still not convinced though that Mattel wouldn't cheap out and just make a figure based on the Filmation sketch above with NO rock pieces (aside from what will no doubt be an immovable chunk of rock "hair" going down her back).
    The Next 13 I Need To Have: Lord Masque, Classic Toy Costume Catra, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Granita, Bould-Or, Crita, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Major Header, Compactor, Queen Elmora (She-Demon Of Phantos)

I'm still not convinced though that Mattel wouldn't cheap out and just make a figure based on the Filmation sketch above with NO rock pieces (aside from what will no doubt be an immovable chunk of rock "hair" going down her back).
    That's actually what I'd prefer. I didn't buy the 2-pack because of the amount of kibble in the box. I'd rather they just produced the far right image as a figure and then offered the rock pieces separately for those that want them.

I've always wanted a Granita. She appeared in the mini comics and cartoon so really deserves a figure finally.

I'd be happy if Mattel 'cheaped out' and she came without the giant rock parts. I feel they ruined Stondar and Rokkon by giving them those huge silly rock shells that still don't work in turning them into rocks without adding another huge bit of plastic. Might as well have given them small rock parts on their arms and legs which looked good and didn't hinder the articulation.

Before Mermistas new hair material i always thought Granitas design would be impossible since she wouldnīt be able to move her head at all but with the softer plastic it could be possible. And Spinnerellas hair attachment feature could be used to take of a part of her hair off and plug on a stone part so that the rock is completed.

She would need a lot of new tooling but why not? She wouldnīt be the first.
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Hawke *Pebb-Liss(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Heroic Warrior
    I want to see Granita in MOTUC! I want to complete the Rock/Comet Warriors.

I've seen a mock-up of Granita using Tallstar parts which looked good and would be inexpensive. I found Rokkon and Stonedar's rock pieces to be way too big and cumbersome, so I'd be happy to skip them for Granita. A gun/pistol and rock POP shield would be sufficient for me.

Quote Originally Posted by jdscissorhands View Post
    Granita should have been released with her fellow Rock People two years ago. It's a shame she hasn't already been made!

I really hope we get her before the line ends. I still can't believe that Mattel has included so many variants in the 2014/2015 line up rather than figures like Granita, Vultak or Hunga!
    I totally agree. It would have made perfect sense to release her alongside Stondar and Rokkon as it was the perfect opportunity right then and there.

I totally want a Granita figure! Stondar needs his daughter! I feel like my collection will be incomplete without her. Granita & the 3 main Twiggets are the TWO biggest POP characters that we need. I'm not too concerned about whether she can change into a boulder. It'd be nice if she did, but that's not a make-or-break feature for me.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    I would like her, in 2016, packed with Pebbliss, in pack that looks just like the one we have...for balance.
    Its a long time time to wait for Electroid Love---AREMESH in 2016!

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by melmoth666 View Post
    I would like her, in 2016, packed with Pebbliss, in pack that looks just like the one we have...for balance.
    I'd rather get her packed with Facet, since these two are Filmation characters. Pebbliss would then be better offered in a pack with Bouldar, both from the minicomics. So that each 2-pack of Comet People (Rokkon & Stonedar, Granita & Facet, Pebbliss & Bouldar) would correspond to each of their respective different sources (vintage toyline, Filmation, vintage minicomics).

The new female adolescent buck required for Facet would then be reusable for 200X Teela and NA Drissi. And if Bouldar is given a male teenaged buck (to balance the ages and genders of the six Comet People), his new buck would also be reusable for 200X Adam.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    I totally want a Granita figure! Stondar needs his daughter! I feel like my collection will be incomplete without her. Granita & the 3 main Twiggets are the TWO biggest POP characters that we need. I'm not too concerned about whether she can change into a boulder. It'd be nice if she did, but that's not a make-or-break feature for me.
    I'll admit I haven't seen those Rock People episodes in awhile & haven't read the mini comic since childhood (also guys ANY LIST of ROCK PEOPLE episodes, mini-comics, DC/Marvel comics, Golden or other books w/ Comet Warriors in them?).........................

BUT, I thought Granita was supposed to be Stondar's Love interest, NOT his daughter! YUCK! Did I miss something? Did I somehow block out their father/daughter relation? Anyone?
    invisibleboy - Unseen, But DEFINITELY NOT Unheard! Sorry bout it.

Quote Originally Posted by invisibleboy View Post
    I'll admit I haven't seen those Rock People episodes in awhile & haven't read the mini comic since childhood (also guys ANY LIST of ROCK PEOPLE episodes, mini-comics, DC/Marvel comics, Golden or other books w/ Comet Warriors in them?).........................

BUT, I thought Granita was supposed to be Stondar's Love interest, NOT his daughter! YUCK! Did I miss something? Did I somehow block out their father/daughter relation? Anyone?
    I was a bit surprised to read that too. I guess I never even thought about any of them being related. Just all members of a race of people.

In the UK news strips, Granita was indeed Stondar's daughter.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    I'd rather get her packed with Facet, since these two are Filmation characters. Pebbliss would then be better offered in a pack with Bouldar, both from the minicomics. So that each 2-pack of Comet People (Rokkon & Stonedar, Granita & Facet, Pebbliss & Bouldar) would correspond to each of their respective different sources (vintage toyline, Filmation, vintage minicomics).

The new female adolescent buck required for Facet would then be reusable for 200X Teela and NA Drissi. And if Bouldar is given a male teenaged buck (to balance the ages and genders of the six Comet People), his new buck would also be reusable for 200X Adam.
    I agree to this approach---I wonder if lizardman buck could be used for Bouldar??
    Its a long time time to wait for Electroid Love---AREMESH in 2016!

We need her and hopefully getting her is inevitable. She's as "A list" (wink-wink TG) as one can get. At least in my book.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

There was a rumor that the Stonedar/Rokkon two-pack was supposed to be a three-pack including Granita, but that Toyguru got scared after the lackluster sales of the Star Sisters. That was very likely an unwarranted fear, as EVERYONE loves the rock warriors. Granita is a must...an absolute must! If Robo-Woman happens before (or, heaven forbid INSTEAD of) Granita, it will be an utter disappointment...not to mention a clear sign that Mattel does not understand it's customer base.

(Also...it bears mentioning that the Star Sisters were an in-sub item and, therefore, did not sell poorly. All sub items sold exactly what they needed to in order for the sub to go through. That may seem like a petty distinction, but it's not. ToyGuru loved to tell us when sub items undersold, but that's impossible....unless management was incorrectly calculating what should and shouldn't be produced in excess of sub sales. )

Sorceress...
    Fisto....
    *cough*
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

Really, the Fighting Foe Men three-pack should have been a three-pack of Rock People, with Stonedar, Rokkon and Granita.

Of course, after Vykron being an epic fail at SDCC 2012, there was no way the FFM - also based on very loose concepts - we're going to be awarded the exclusive slot.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo