Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Skeletor's Love Child addresses many of your SDCC 2015 related questions!

Skeletor's Love Child addresses many of your SDCC 2015 related questions!

Skeletor's Love Child
    Matty Master

posted July 20, 2015 11:57 AM

Hi guys,

We haven't been ignoring you, it's more like everyone has been trying to get caught up and back into the regular groove now that Comic Con is over. I've seen a few reoccurring questions on the boards so rather than post to the individual threads I thought it would be best to list all the answers here.

Filmation Subscription
    The enrollment period for this subscription will begin in October. This sub (like Collector’s Choice) will ship every other month starting in February 2016 and you will be able to receive your products bi-monthly or use the Triple Play option. You can expect lower prices for this line as well. Smiler

Combining Subscriptions
    We are actively working with the team at Digital River to try to make this happen. I’m fully aware of the costly shipping fees, and would like to make things easier for you if possible.

Slides From the Presentation
    I will make most of the slides available, some need to be held back for legal purposes.

Power Con Exclusives
    Honestly we saw this as a good opportunity to support the He-Man.org crew and Power Con, and help promote the Masters brand to a wider audience. While I know this does not make everyone happy, this is simply one of those times where we will have to “agree to disagree.”

Thundercats
    They’re going to be awesome. Period.

The enrollment period for this particular subscription won’t be until early 2016, and the first figure (Lion-O) won’t ship until July 2016. The full lineup will be revealed and yes, you will be pleased. Smiler There will be a good mix of heroes, villains and allies…seriously I think you’re going to love it.

Snake Mountain
    It is gorgeous and magnificent and full of awe and wonder….and going to be resized lol. Seriously, we had no idea it was going to be that huge and while we love everything about it (and we know you do too) we’re going to scale it down between 10-20%. We want you to be able to display this beautiful beast proudly in your homes without having to build a separate room or sell one (or two) of your organs on the black market, and scaling down is the most effective way to make this happen. Oh, and to those of you who were wondering about how the Blue Tooth feature figures into the cost: it was actually cheaper to do the Blue Tooth than the microphone, like a lot cheaper.

Transparency
    It was the word of the day at the Mattypalooza panel and it’s still very much alive and well in the office. However let me say this: though we are committed to keeping you guys updated and in the know about what’s going on with the line there are still some things we can’t (and won’t ) divulge due to legal and company policies. Will you know things such as the full lineup of characters in a subscription, cool things coming down the pipeline, or if product will be delayed? Yes. Will you have full access to the inner workings of Mattel and the labyrinth of policies behind making your product, or have answers the exact moment decisions are made? Probably not. Have patience with us; I know it doesn’t seem like it but we have your best interests at heart. Smiler

Skeletor's Love Child
    Looking forward to a very bright 2016 with MOTUC Collectors Choice, He-Man and the Masters Of the Universe animated Filmation line, Thundercats & SNAKE MOUNTAIN

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    Skeletor's Love Child
    Matty Master

Hi guys,

Snake Mountain
    It is gorgeous and magnificent and full of awe and wonder….and going to be resized lol. Seriously, we had no idea it was going to be that huge and while we love everything about it (and we know you do too) we’re going to scale it down between 10-20%.

Skeletor's Love Child
    Damn. Scaled down...

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Does anybody knows the price for rotar vs twistoid 2pack in early access and witch day that will happen?

Wow...10-20%?!?!?!
    If a standard figure is 7" tall...and Snake Mountain was designed around that and you take 20% off, it means it's scaled for figures that are 5-5/8" tall.

Personally, if it's 20% across the board, it's way too small.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    Skeletor's Love Child
    Matty Master

Hi guys,

We haven't been ignoring you, it's more like everyone has been trying to get caught up and back into the regular groove now that Comic Con is over. I've seen a few reoccurring questions on the boards so rather than post to the individual threads I thought it would be best to list all the answers here.

Filmation Subscription
    The enrollment period for this subscription will begin in October. This sub (like Collectorís Choice) will ship every other month starting in February 2016 and you will be able to receive your products bi-monthly or use the Triple Play option. You can expect lower prices for this line as well. Smiler

Combining Subscriptions
    We are actively working with the team at Digital River to try to make this happen. Iím fully aware of the costly shipping fees, and would like to make things easier for you if possible.

Transparency
    It was the word of the day at the Mattypalooza panel and itís still very much alive and well in the office. However let me say this: though we are committed to keeping you guys updated and in the know about whatís going on with the line there are still some things we canít (and wonít ) divulge due to legal and company policies. Will you know things such as the full lineup of characters in a subscription, cool things coming down the pipeline, or if product will be delayed? Yes. Will you have full access to the inner workings of Mattel and the labyrinth of policies behind making your product, or have answers the exact moment decisions are made? Probably not. Have patience with us; I know it doesnít seem like it but we have your best interests at heart. Smiler

Skeletor's Love Child
    Okay, this is what I was waiting for. I wanted to order both subs at the same time, but since Filmation won't be until October, I'll order the CC now and order Filmation then. I'll use the triple ship option for both, and hopefully they'll be able to combine the shipping.

I wonder if the Filmation figures will cost less than the CC figures because of less detail? I'd love it if it was cheaper. Now, they just need to get the Filmation Power Sword right!
    Successful transactions with PaulJustice, bobshumway, SonofKeldor, Eterniandreams, Xavion, darksword, dr phiz, Epizo1, Shankor, Shecky, He-Dad, Phil.Pastel, Baddwarff, sublimesting, richalot, He-Man54, anytimepally, Mysterio, Umbloo, Lich Leech, GFunny, greenstar1981, crimsondragon, Man-E-MoodZ, yakkotank, Jaakub, Is-rael, dzathamza, jesstertwo, yodafreakmaster, stratosfear, and Mulletor.

Perhaps the most important answer that I was looking from SLC's post is 200X King Hiss Snake Torso !
    Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    GOD IS THERE !!!! Because He Has Given My Filmation Variants ANNNNNNNNNND MY Filmation Skeletor !!!

Heroic Warrior
    Noooooooo ! Leave it the size it is ! I'll pay whatever you want !

Quote Originally Posted by motuportugal View Post
    Does anybody knows the price for rotar vs twistoid 2pack in early access and witch day that will happen?
    $55 and July 27th (next Monday).
    Harken the coming of Tuskador!!
    New List of Most wanted figures: Dylamug, Quakke, Lizzor, King Miro, Granita, Sagitar, Hawke, Artilla, Hoove

Heroic master of drums DrumMaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkysharky View Post
    Noooooooo ! Leave it the size it is ! I'll pay whatever you want !
    Agreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    Perhaps the most important answer that I was looking from SLC's post is 200X King Hiss Snake Torso !
    Yeah I wanted to know that too. I'm becoming more convinced that it won't come out until next year. Overall though it's nice to see positive changes in communication from Mattel. If Toyguru had this support in the past, it would have been less stressful for everyone. Still, better late than never.

Can we NOT reduce the size of Snake Mountain? Can we do a petition? LOL I mean, Snake Mountain is impressive. The second you see it, the size of it is the first thing that hits you, and it's AWESOME. I really prefer they don't reduced the size... At least keep it to 10% and under, anything more is too much. Snake Mountain is PERFECT at its current size, please don't alter its size.
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    Wow...10-20%?!?!?!
    If a standard figure is 7" tall...and Snake Mountain was designed around that and you take 20% off, it means it's scaled for figures that are 5-5/8" tall.

Personally, if it's 20% across the board, it's way too small.
    Yeah, I'll stick with my Icon Heroes statue and be happier and richer. Actually I suspect at the size it was at SDCC we were looking at a $500-700 price tag so there was likely no way it wasn't going to hurt.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Master of Gardening MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    WOW. 10-20%? That's A LOT. I'm guessing Snake Mountain will now only be slightly taller than Castle Grayskull.

MOST WANTED MOTUC figures:
    King Hssss snake torso, Ice Armor He-Man, Sagitar, Fang-Or, Major Header, Granita, Great Black Wizard, Quakke, Master Sebrian, Tuvar, Badrah, Stridor, & Snake Mountain Man.

MOST WANTED PCS statues: Mer-Man, Whiplash, Buzz-Off, Sy-Klone, Ram Man, Tri-Klops, & Two-Bad.

*My iTrader Feedback
    *My MOTU_Maniac Feedback Thread

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    They must know that exceeding the ten percent,
    which definitely SOUNDS like the bar minimum would be pure insanity;
    i'm confident they will do what's the best for it.

No Red Beast, We Riot! Whiplash7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    WOW. 10-20%? That's A LOT. I'm guessing Snake Mountain will now only be slightly taller than Castle Grayskull.
    I'd be fine with that. Honestly, for me it was too big. I'm more impressed with the look of it, rather than the size.

I feel a bit gutted about shrinking down Snake Mountain (unless of course it significantly shrinks down the price!)... but IF they feel they have to do this, I'd prefer it shrunk DOWN as in the height, not the width. And not the whole thing either, but maybe just the half with the snake. Leave the demon faced side of the playset alone... it's a great height as is! The snake portion could probably be cut down an inch or two and STILL be quite an imposing playset. Maybe.
    Next Ten Most Wanted: Classic Toy Costume Catra, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Granita, Bould-Or, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Major Header, Queen Elmora (She-Demon Of Phantos)

20% is too much, I absolutely do not support scaling it down that far. I love it as is, but if it must be scaled down, DO NOT exceed 10%!!
    Collector's Choice Musts: Karg, Granita, Dylamug, Colonel Blast, Lodar, Sagitar, Melog, Illumina, Skeleteen, Scrollos, Hunga, Lizzor, Crimson Fury, King Miro, Queen Andreeno, Red Eye, Spirit, Charger, Stridor, Bionotops, Clawdeen, Mantisaur, Spydor, Starburst She-Ra, Catra 2.0 w/cat form, Guerrer-Or, Tay-Lor the Ancient, Scheim-Or the Ancient, Roton (Monogram) & Attak Trak (Monogram)

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Now that we know about the sub dates (Filmation/Thundercats),
    when do you guys think they could run the preorder (kickstarter maybe) for this thing?

I can take SM being scaled down a bit... HOWEVER, they better not mess with the bone throne!

Heroic Warrior
    Snake Mountain is an easy pass for me. The whole Castle Grayskull fiasco did me in with playsets.

They're gonna make snake mountain smaller, but charge the same I bet. Give me the gigantic mountain matty!

Master of Gardening MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    I'm really happy with Kim and Brandon. They are doing a great job over there.

MOST WANTED MOTUC figures:
    King Hssss snake torso, Ice Armor He-Man, Sagitar, Fang-Or, Major Header, Granita, Great Black Wizard, Quakke, Master Sebrian, Tuvar, Badrah, Stridor, & Snake Mountain Man.

MOST WANTED PCS statues: Mer-Man, Whiplash, Buzz-Off, Sy-Klone, Ram Man, Tri-Klops, & Two-Bad.

*My iTrader Feedback
    *My MOTU_Maniac Feedback Thread

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TDG-Man View Post
    I can take SM being scaled down a bit... HOWEVER, they better not mess with the bone throne!
    As much as I like it, the Bone Throne & Table should be the first accessory to get cut. It is quite big and therefore quite expensive, and it is unnecessary to be included with the playset, both because the vintage playset didn't include it and because it would make perfect sense to be released separately, just like the Weapons Rack (and it would make even more sense than the Weapons Rack, because the Bone Throne & Table can be used as a standalone diorama in itself, so it could be produced in greater numbers than the Snake Mountain playset for people who can't afford or do not have room for large playsets). That way, Snake Mountain would have a better chance to stay within budget, without having to cut down on paint ops or other irreversible changes, whereas the Bone Throne & Table could still be released on its own, which would also guarantee that it gets its proper level of paint detailing which otherwise would need to be very reduced in order to fit within Snake Mountain's budget.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOneSkeletor View Post
    Now that we know about the sub dates (Filmation/Thundercats),
    when do you guys think they could run the preorder (kickstarter maybe) for this thing?
    I think it has been mentioned that the preorder will be up around the time of NYCC (just like with Grayskull in 2012).
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

An individually-released bone throne would probably sell well, too...

A size reduction is definitely disappointing to hear, but if you listened to what they said at SDCC, you knew it was coming. I would prefer to keep it the size it is now, but I'm certain it will still be amazing at a reduced size.
    Harken the coming of Tuskador!!
    New List of Most wanted figures: Dylamug, Quakke, Lizzor, King Miro, Granita, Sagitar, Hawke, Artilla, Hoove