Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Dragstor Speculation/Discussion

I think we have a long time to wait before we get to the likes of Dragstor. That being said, it'd be cool if he had a functional wheel.

Funtional wheel absolutely!!

function is a must in terms of this wheel.
    My for sale items:200X moc figures Roboto,Kobra Khan,Syklone,PrinceAdam,Whiplash,Beastman,Rattlor, Man at Arms,Orko,Trapjaw,Two Bad, Buzz Off,etc.Gi Joe 25th anniv moc figures for sale, vehicles, multi-packs, Neca staction figures series 1-6 moc. Castlevania 20th anniversarty Artbook pack $35, Living Dead Dolls, 3' Frankenstein.[/COLOR

A fully functional, free-spinning wheel is how I hope he comes (and I do hope he does!). I don't care about the rip-cord cation, but he should be able to roll.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Yes, exactly what I want
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Heroic Warrior
    I like the idea of a whip type weapon based on the rip cord, as it whould be a neat way of incorporating it as an accessory without worrying about the complete action feature. A free spinning wheel would be a must though, IMO.

Realistically...given the characters unique ability, he would not have an Ab crunch in a real world setting, right?

The figure doesn't need it. Give him a functioning wheel. Loose the ripcord.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

He needs a functional wheel. But it should be positioned a little bit higher. I love the ripcord/whip combination.

So we need:
    Dragstor figure with torso wheel
    Crossbow
    Whip/ripcord weapon

Elder Councilman
    I say they could do this figure without a functional wheel; but a wheel could still be sculpted into the design; in fact, I bet they could "go a little crazy" with the design of the wheel, and really emphasize the whole "drag racer" look of Dragstor, without actually make him having to roll across the floor.

Y'know it's funny...I notice lately the minute people here start talking about lots of characters who were basically "built' around their action features, they'd rather have action features over articulation.

Guys, I got a tip for ya then: buy the vintage line, and the 200X line; cause both of those had exactly what you want.
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

I'd much rather have a Dragstor that fits in with the current line. I wonder if the wheel could be designed into the armor rather than the body and thus allow Dragstor to retain the ab crunch articulation.
    Got Fur

I want a Glimmer by the end of 2012 and Extendar by 2013!
    Other Wants:
    MotU: Rokkon, Stonedar, Dragstor, Modulok, Multi-bot, Horde Trooper, DB Skeletor
    PoP: Peekablue, Madam Razz, Lighthope, Kowl
    NA: Quakke, Sagitarr
    MYP: Hawk, Queen Andreenos, Lord Dactys
    Mini-Comics: Kex Queen, Tug-of-War Yellow Warrior, King Hiss' Slave Girl

Heroic Warrior
    I would like him without the wheel.

Don't worry guys, I'm sure Dragstor is going to work "exactly like we remember"

And by that I mean he will probably have a half glued on wheel on some armor

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    dragstor is a favorite of mine & apart of the magic is the action wheel function but i don't really care about the wheel. with or without is fine with me as long as he looks cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Fneh View Post
    I honestly hope he'll be making an appearance before the end of hte line. I want to see all the chars 200x didn't touch get some love. starting with SPIKOR!!!

Spikor for president!!
    Spikor's got my vote, that's for sure!!

Functional wheel all the way. Bring on Dragstor!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Functional all the way.
    Agreed.
    – No comment.

I want Dragstor asap. With functional wheel!!!!!!

Would I like a functional wheel? Yes. Do I think Mattel will have one? NOOOO.

You'd have to hollow out the chest to put an axle in there, something Mattel has apparently not been willing to do with BA He-Man. Unless we start seeing major retools (since it's likely we won't get Dragstor late in the line where one could assume we'd also start getting more unique tools like Mantenna or Modulok), I think he's probably just going to have wheel-looking armor.

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    I want every character done eventually, and I've become okay with losing action features. Dragstor with no action feature is fine by me. Make him look good, make a standard "bulky" chest sculpt for use on heftier figures like extendar, Ram Man, Dragstor here, and then modify with armor.

NO WHEEL!

I always hated action features that got in the way of articulation when i was a kid. i hated spring loaded arms,legs,missle launchers etc.

i'd rather have something that LOOKS like the wheel. heck you can even make it so it looks like he is ripping down the road.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Eternian Historian of Art Lex_Alfa's Avatar
    Functional one without ripcord. No mechanisms allowed.

Bring Dragstor soon please!!!!!!
    Behold the gaseous stench of Skeletor's breakfast burrito!
    Robot Chicken dixit

I think Dragstor has to be the exception when it comes to no action features. I could careless about having a rip cord but his wheel needs to turn. I think he will be moved toward the end of the line because of the unique tooling but as long as he is done right i can wait.

Heroic Warrior
    Personally I don't want a wheel on Dragstor. In "The Warrior Machine" mini comic you can see that he did not have a wheel on his chest-he used his jetpack to skim along the ground like the landspeeder in Star Wars. There is no point in having an action feature in the MOTUC line, especially one as ridiculous as a wheel in someones chest. It would take away much of the great look of the character if they did include it. NO WHEEL MATTEL!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rocky_raccoon View Post
    In "The Warrior Machine" mini comic you can see that he did not have a wheel on his chest
    That's because the wheel is on his abdomen underneath the horde symbol - see top left panel on page 4 and bottom right panel on page 6.

The original card also shows the wheel on his abdomen:
    Got Fur

I want a Glimmer by the end of 2012 and Extendar by 2013!
    Other Wants:
    MotU: Rokkon, Stonedar, Dragstor, Modulok, Multi-bot, Horde Trooper, DB Skeletor
    PoP: Peekablue, Madam Razz, Lighthope, Kowl
    NA: Quakke, Sagitarr
    MYP: Hawk, Queen Andreenos, Lord Dactys
    Mini-Comics: Kex Queen, Tug-of-War Yellow Warrior, King Hiss' Slave Girl

Functional wheel or not I hope that he looks awesome thatīs just it for me!

I don't understand the point of this thread.. Sorry but Mattel said on many occassions that there won't be any action features in this line - I'm just happy that Tri Klops has a rotating visior!
    You all have to understand Mattel's premises for this line - this is the line for adult collector = an adult who likes figures, has nostalgia about this particular line and all he needs to pose the figure on the shelf and not for a kid who will spent his days chasing after some figure rolling up and down the livingroom floor. That's why it is profitable enough for them to make these toys for us but don't expect anything else. They are already giving us much more than we could wish fir with so many articulation points so we can pose them in so many ways we could only dream if when we were kids but that's as far as they will go.
    Guys let's face it, we're all adults here so let me be blant - when we were kids we used to do 2 things with our 'He-Mans': play with them and then pose it on the shelf. Well guess what - Mattel is feeding our inner childs and gives as an refreshed toyline with so many articulation points we can have hours of fun posing our figures on the shelf but sorry to point it out we're not children anymore and Mattel knows it so they won't invest $ into some one-offs like a a wheel just to give you a chance to spin it once or twice in your hand or maybe on your desk and then put it on the shelf.. You wil buy it anyway if you liked this character regardless of this feature present or not so why should they waste money on something like this?? Just for the sake of saying 'there, here you go'? They wouldn't last that long wasting their money like that and we wouldn't get our beloved refreshed line as well. So let's be realistic here and stop making threads like that - it's pointless. They didn't even bothered to add a spring to the waste and you really think a brand new mold for a one off with a wheel is even close to beeing possible??

Mattel's only priority and their main selling points are - brand new sculpt that's in proportion as opposed to the original line, high level of detail and as much articulation as possible to make this line as fresh and interesting to adult fans. They know what is important and thanks to this we're getting Battlecat with so many articulation points it just bring a smile on my face each time I think of it but please let's all have some common sense and stop dreaming about things that will never happend in this line!

For the last time this line is not for mainstream consumer but for a very limited market so to keep it profitable they had to make some groind rules an the 'no action features' is the biggest one of them all - that's why Meckaneck will have a second neck to snap on and that's why when the time comes Extendar won't extend as well! If BA He-Man can have 3 exchangable plates imitating the original action feature so the rest will have imitating elements as well. Seriously they didn't pot a spring in the waist and you think they will put a wheel in a belly, c'mon!!