Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Dragstor Speculation/Discussion

To be honest, I dont expect a functional wheel.
    It will probably be sculped on the armour.

I just bought the vintage Dragstor not too long ago, bit different but it works lol. I'd definitely like to see a modern incarnation sometime soon.

I don't think the action features on most toys are needed now. I don't need the wheel or my Horde Trooper to blow apart at the expense of the toy itself

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    hinged engine on the back (so that it can be moved to face horizontally to power Dragstor forward when he is standing & wearing roller skates)
    They should save the skates for Roller Disco Skeletor
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Dragstor was a favorite of mine growing up. i think i played with him & blade the most. he is a must for me. dont know how hes going to look as a classic though.

I don't know why a free-rolling wheel would be a problem. Tri-Klops visor rotates, Man-E's faces will; a working wheel (read: not a ripcord action) would be tops and I can see a big uproar on the horizon if fans didn't get that. He's already a pretty involved sculpt. Tossing in a wheel wouldn't be that difficult.

In any event, I think it would be great if we got him soon!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Killian View Post
    They should save the skates for Roller Disco Skeletor
    Oh, lordy, now I have images of Disco Skeletor skating around a rink to the tune of "Dancing Queen."

As for Dragstor, I can't see a real wheel in the chest from a tooling perspective, so we'd likely get it just sculpted in as part of the chestplate. I'm sure we'll get him, though, so long as the line keeps going.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I don't think a working wheel is in the cards. They are not going to make a new body sculpt just to include a wheel in the chest and torso.

I agree that they will probably make the wheet into the armor. Other than, I think he would be rather easy.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

With the news about getting Leech in September, I once again was kinda bummed that it ain't Dragstor. He's my favorite Horde member, I'd so love to get him sooner than later!

I hope the Four Horsemen will add his old ripcord as a whip. New color scheme and head for the crossbow would be awesome as well, since the old weapon was just Mantenna's crossbow re-used.

I think a working wheel would be possible technically, but it would reguire a new torso and might be too expensive for Mattel to go with.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

I hope he comes with a working wheel, even if it means sacrificing torso articulation. It doesn't need a cord, but it should spin and have a rubbery, tire-like surface.

I remember when I saw a Dragstor add as a kid I somehow got it into my head that he was actually moving by pushing air through his engine exhausts. I always imagined activating him standing up and having him fly around the room :-D
    I was a bit iffed when I finallly got him and saw that it was just a pull cord, but he still became one of my favourites. I would always arrange my good guys and send Dragstor crashing through them :-)
    Cheers,
    TuShan

My Deviantart Page

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    That's off the hook, masterenglish!

Dragstor will probably have a wheel, but no ripcord action.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

That Dragstor custom looks amazing!

I had him as a kid and I would love to see him sooner rather than later. The more Horde the better!

Wow, surprised to see so many fellow Dragstor lovers.

He was a favorite of mine when I got him, so much so that he was a major player in my MOTU.
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

Heroic Warrior
    I agree that Dragstor, with the wheel, needs to be made....and soon. And "masterenglish," that's awesome.

That Dragstor custom does look awesome. I hope if and when we get to the real one, it looks just as good if not better. Here's hoping the mask is removable too.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Holy guacamole!! That custom is absolutely gorgeous!!! I have to confess that Dragstor is my least fave of the old Horde figures, though. Not that he isn't cool looking, but I would rather see all of the others first I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthBrett View Post
    Holy guacamole!! That custom is absolutely gorgeous!!! I have to confess that Dragstor is my least fave of the old Horde figures, though. Not that he isn't cool looking, but I would rather see all of the others first I guess.
    I'd rather see dragstor before multibot. I hope we see that horde mummy before either though.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eterniandreams View Post
    To be honest, I dont expect a functional wheel.
    It will probably be sculped on the armour.
    Dragstor NEEDS the fuctional wheel! I'm fine with the vast majority not having their action feature, but Dragstor needs it...or he's just some guy that was in a terrible car accident!

masterenglish...that Dragstor is AWESOME!

As for Dragstors ripcord/dipstick, I think it would be PERFECT if they re-made it as his weapon. Keep the end the same and put it on a chain and you get an anchor, or his "breaks."

He could also use it to hook enemies and bring them closer or to angle up buildings (so he can drive up the sides).

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    That's pretty close, to how he should look...

One of your best customs, dude!

I think I would be fine with a solid piece that looked like a wheel similar to Master English's awesome custom there. If they managed to get a working wheel in there, that would be great too. I kind of doubt they would be able to get him to balance well enough on the wheel for the ripcord action to be of any use, though.

Heroic Warrior
    Here's a REAL challenge for the 4 Horsemen: try to make a BETTER Dragstor version than Masterenglish's !

Personally, I think that's almost impossible... That custom Dragstor is what Dragstor should look like ! Just add a functional wheel, and he's perfect !

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    As for Dragstors ripcord/dipstick, I think it would be PERFECT if they re-made it as his weapon. Keep the end the same and put it on a chain and you get an anchor, or his "breaks."

He could also use it to hook enemies and bring them closer or to angle up buildings (so he can drive up the sides).
    Cool idea!

And that custom is truly eye-popping!
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

I have a feeling they'll work the rip cord in as a weapon some how, I like Darkspecter idea of a grappling hook of some kind used to drag people along with.

I also think he'll have a spinning wheel.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

I just wished we would see him sooner than later. Such an underrated character.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."