Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Dragstor Speculation/Discussion

Evil Lord Of Destruction
    One of the few (well, actually the only) horde member i'd like to get.
    I'm for the functional wheel too.

Dragstor should have the wheel, I could care less about the ripcord. And the wheel needs to be operational, not just something casted onto the figure to "resemble" a wheel.
    "Having difficulties finding that special heroic warrior or evil henchman for your Mr. of Mrs. right? Then look no further!"

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    is a favorite of mine growing up. although i really dont care about the ripcord accessory or the wheel. but the heel is a must. action feature wheel or no i'd still like either way.
    i would like new weapons & a much better jet pack motor. a cool large blaster rifle.

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I don't need a working wheel on the figure. If it's sculpted in, that would be cool. I'm not going to be rolling him up and down on the floor and I think the majority of the collectors would not be doing that either.

Now if I was the 4H, I would be trying to figure out how to sculpt him so that he would look like dragstor and have it so you can pose him lying on his stomach and look like he's speeding along.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

How about a spanner of some sorts for one of his accessories?
    Obviously the bow is a given, till loving Darkspecter's idea for the other accessory.
    Last edited by 13977; June 4, 2011 at 05:36am.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    Thanks for the kind words everyone, Dragstor was always one of my favorites as a kid.
    I think the suggestions of a rubberized wheel (whether functional or not) would be awesome, as well as a ripcord weaponized as a whip would be the ****! Of course he would have to have his Horde crossbow.

Could Dragstor Have a rolling wheel AND still have the ab crunch articulation?

I was thinking that it could be possible with some slight modifications to the existing bucks system. Rather than a solid wheel, perhaps a ring that goes around a modified ab crunch joint that can maintain the articulation, as well as sort of recreate the action feature with a free rolling wheel of sorts. Just "thinking out loud" here. Clearly, I'm not an engineer. What do you all think? Can it be done?
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

Like Roboto...I think the wheel needs to be put in. If it means no ab articulation so be it...but Dragstor just isn't Dragstor without a wheel. (Plus, his zipcord should be a whip).

EDIT: To answer your question...it may be possible but I think that when you "bend" the ab articulation, you'd pinch the wheel and it wouldn't be able to move (unless you cut enough out for clearance...and then it may look odd).

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    well, maybe if the 4h are goin' to move the wheel from the abdomen to the chest: there's more room in that part of the torso...but i suppose that in the end we'll have a non articulated torso, ā la roboto, with a working (maybe) wheel.
    looking at the vintage figure, we are going to consider usselves lucky to have a twisting waist, al least!

ps
    imho, it will be great if the 4h will manage a system to give him (removable, of course, for purists sake) small wheel for knees and elbow, as seen in the concept shown by the power and honor foundation.

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    It's absolute possible. The Wheel needs only to function, when the back is straight. Hope they' ll make it so!

jeah that would be cool.
    i guess tecnically there is no problem, if the wheel share the axis with the crunch, it shouldnīt hinder the movement...
    Grazellka the mighty Barbarian.

See my 3d works at www.eyerock.de

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    I hope it gets a functional wheel. I dont care abd articulation.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

dont really see him ever using a whip. but thought bombs would be something cool. i can totally see him racing past or though his enemy's releasing bombs behind him.

It's weird, but I never liked Dragstor much because I never saw the point of his power...but after watching that video Tallstar posted and seeing that excellent custom, I'm kinda looking forward to him now.
    Bring him on!

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    What if they made his wheel removable. It wouldn't be a spinning functioning wheel, but would allow for more posing at least. Personally I would prefer a solid torso/ crotch piece with spinning wheel.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Dragstor will rule, guaranteed! Vrooom!

a removable wheel would be cool. that way he could be displayed without the wheel. although i have no idea how that would be done.

With the 4HM sketch of 200x Dragstor shown for the first time at last weekends PowerCon I'm curious to see if any elements from it will make it to his MOTUC figure.

I would love to see those handles (removable of-course) included on the MOTUC figure. They could be pivoted so he could hold them in front of him when he's in vehicle mode.

MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Dragstor is a must have. His wheel is something that I hope can be included with him. I know we are not supposed to get action features, but we did get the working roboto gear, so i dont think that should be too difficult,just no ripcord action. but i hope he gets a whip that looks like the ripocrd. As well as the famous horde crossbow, magenta, and his bio will depict him just like in the mini comic and comics as friends with extender and snout spout, Dragstor being the only one who stayed with the Horde.

I never had Dragstor. I never saw him In real life. Perhaps because of that I never liked him. Of course I dont like (design wise) most of the Horde.

That being said, I'm fine with a working wheel. Not an action feature of course, just a wheel on an axel.

But realistically I'd rather not have that. If it messes with the buck, well... I Trust the 4H to do it justice. I'm curious to see what they do. But what am I going to do with a working wheel? Spin it? Cool I guess. TriKlops's spinning visor at least serves a purpose.

I would like a "Whip-Cord" ripcord whip accessory.

Heroic Warrior

Dragstor's origin in MotUC...

We haven't seen anything about this Horde warrior yet, but we all know that Hordak tried some cruel experiments on him, Extendar and Snout Spout.

Taking a closer look at his face... the grey skin and the yellow eyes- could he have been a Snakemen before his transformation?

In the filmation cartoon both, Rattlor and Tung Lashor worked for Hordak. What if The ruthless leader not only captured some farmers, but also Snakemen for his experiments- that would bring even more rage against him from King Hssss.

What do you think about this?!

Heroic Warrior
    We know from the mini-comic that Extendar is one of Hordak's "experiments" and from the bios that Snout Spout is one of three warriors Hordak manipulated. I think Extendar is one of those three. The third has got to be either Mosquitor or Dragstor don't you think?

Ready for POP Mini-Sub! -= SupernovA =-'s Avatar
    Hi moviefreak. You should definately check out Jukka's amazing website: Scrolls of Eternia.
    He takes a closer look at Dragstor's origin and some other characters. And there's more to come!

I would love to see a classics figure of Dragstor.
    my feedback thread

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=218428

selling off my entire motu classics collection, here's a link to one of my auctions..... check out my other items 43 auctions total.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/120886470944...84.m1555.l2649

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter View Post
    We know from the mini-comic that Extendar is one of Hordak's "experiments" and from the bios that Snout Spout is one of three warriors Hordak manipulated. I think Extendar is one of those three. The third has got to be either Mosquitor or Dragstor don't you think?
    Mosquitor wasn't around at that time and appeared later in another mini-comic... so it simply has to be Dragstor, as there was no other warrior in the fifth wave who could have been it.