Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Dragstor Speculation/Discussion

I would like to get Dragstor with a spinning wheel. Not because I need it so much, but rather because I think molding it as part of his armor wouldn't look very good. You whether have it hindering the waist articulation, or positioned too far away from the boy, IMO. Instead, I could live without the waist articulation for once and take the spinning wheel as compensation for that.

Come on Mattel, give us Dragstor sooner than later! He's not that hard to do after all! Hordak's gloves, removable armor above the standard upper body part, heck I'd even take Trap Jaw's upper legs repainted to save costs if necessary! Just don't forget the ripcord-whip!

Oh, and make sure he can ride on Night Stalker!

(And maybe add a completely blue Grayskull sword repaint. Okay, now I'm silent. )
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

SDCC has passed and while it's no surprise that we didn't see Dragstor there, I'm a bit sad that he didn't even make any fake list.

More than ever, I want Dragstor badly in the MotU Classics line. He was excluded from the Filmation cartoon and he didn't make it past a concept sketch in the 200X era. It's time to give us this underrated character, Mattel!

Attached Images Attached Images
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Eternian Historian of Art Lex_Alfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MoViEfReAk View Post
    We haven't seen anything about this Horde warrior yet, but we all know that Hordak tried some cruel experiments on him, Extendar and Snout Spout.

Taking a closer look at his face... the grey skin and the yellow eyes- could he have been a Snakemen before his transformation?

In the filmation cartoon both, Rattlor and Tung Lashor worked for Hordak. What if The ruthless leader not only captured some farmers, but also Snakemen for his experiments- that would bring even more rage against him from King Hssss.

What do you think about this?!
    Wow! I never thought about that because I dind't know the Snake Men as a kid. Now it seems great!
    Behold the gaseous stench of Skeletor's breakfast burrito!
    Robot Chicken dixit

I am waiting for Dragstor, he nd Mantenna are the last 2 I need to have revealed for a complete childhood favorites collection....

I don't care if he has the Ab crunch or not, the wheel will be in the way, therefore no. And I feel he should also have his ripcord sculpted, even if it's scaled down a little to use as a weapon or something. And the engine should be painted....it should look like a real engine as possible, maybe chrome headers and intake, that's about it.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Which Dragstor should go through the ""classicizer"? Original toy (red boots), Original cross sell (orange boots), or the Four Horsemen concept from 200x?
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Which Dragstor should go through the ""classicizer"? Original toy (red boots), Original cross sell (orange boots), or the Four Horsemen concept from 200x?
    As almost always for me, Vintage toy....only main exceptions are POP figures & Mantenna....other than those, I'd look at figure by figure....and I for one am glad Ram-Man got the toy appearance.

I based my custom on the toy, but there are a few differences, I didn't look into as I was finishing him....a few minor details I had to omit, or didn't think to look into as I was finishing him.

I forgot he has 4 pipes on the headers, and I had to omit the 3rd hose on each side of his chest, because I didn't anymore of the Ghostbusters pack hose to use.

But the toy look is what I'd personally want. Obviously Classisized, but I do hope we get new thighs instead of reusing Trap Jaw's or something. And most definitely new boots. And I do hope for the sake of aesthetics, he gets a new solid sculpted torso and not some bulky ass armor. I don't think every figure needs a removable armor....Draego didn't, Adam's vest isn't removable....so Dragstor doesn't need an armor, make it a new sculpted body.
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Looks fantastic!
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Looks fantastic!
    Thanks.

He was one I played with a lot when I was a kid, and one of the most wanted of mine since I learned of MOTUC....I seriously hope they get to him. And even when they do, I can use my custom as the display piece and leave the official one carded. So, that is why I made this one, if Mattel never gets to him, at least I can have a version of him in my collection.
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Yeah that custome does look really good!
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Heroic Warrior
    So after moving several times in the last few years, I finally found my box of vintage Masters figures, or what was left anyway. As I'm going through them, I came across Dragstor. Now I've been looking at pics and watching the boards forever, but something about seeing that figure in my hands made me want a Classics version all the more! So bring him on already! I love the customs that have been done, but I *really* want to see the Horsemen's take(and how they handle the action feature).

Hopefully Dragstor will come in 2014. I just really really hope they don't try and use the Trap Jaw upper legs on this guy for the "vents" on his quads. I'd be very disapointed.

Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    Hopefully Dragstor will come in 2014. I just really really hope they don't try and use the Trap Jaw upper legs on this guy for the "vents" on his quads. I'd be very disapointed.
    I really think we will finally see the Zoom of Doom next year and I think he will be a winner of 100% new tooling!
    (and I think his legs will also serve as reuse for possible NA characters)
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

What color you think his crossbow will be. I hope they dont give him a gray one like Mantenna, He needs his own color, like dark blue or something.

shadowfall1976 your custom absolutely rocks !!!!!!!!

Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    What color you think his crossbow will be. I hope they dont give him a gray one like Mantenna, He needs his own color, like dark blue or something.
    It should be the same as his Vintage. But I do hope they try to add in his Rip Cord as a whip or something, he'd seem incomplete without it somehow. I may still try to find a way to make a Rip Whip for him.
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

A rip cord? That would be a total waste of tooling since he won't have the vintage action feature. The 4H should create some cool new weapons for him instead.

I was thinking they could turn the rip cord into a staff for Dragstor. I think it would be a neat homage to the original character.

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hhhelmsley View Post
    I hope that Mattel keeps making this adult MOTUC line an action feature free series. I think the 4H are definitely doing a great job with this so far; the perfect example is Battle Armor He-Man.
    me too. no wheel. i want the ab-crunch. besides nobody is going to be rolling him on the floor.
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

No wheel??? How is Dragstor Dragstor without a wheel coming out of his chest??? Are you just meaning no articulated wheel? I'd be extremely disappointed if he had no wheel personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    A rip cord? That would be a total waste of tooling since he won't have the vintage action feature. The 4H should create some cool new weapons for him instead.
    Not a rip cord, as a rip cord, it would be a whip, and besides, it wouldn't be a waste of tooling, as a whip it could be a cool weapon with serrated blades or something. And besides it is part of his original accessories, I want a variation or some incarnation of it.

She-Ra got her damn comb axe, I want a rip cord whip....or something.

I was thinking they could turn the rip cord into a staff for Dragstor. I think it would be a neat homage to the original character.
    I was thinking a whip. One that used the teeth as serrated blades or something....a nasty weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazer Force Zodac View Post
    me too. no wheel. i want the ab-crunch. besides nobody is going to be rolling him on the floor.
    It is an adult line, so we really need an ab crunch? I don't....I don't want some big ass bulky armor, it's not an armor, it's his body, whether he rolls or not, it's his body.
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

looking at Pixel Dan's video earlier I realized how easy to tool Dragstor will be. I can easily see him as part of 2014.

new head, new armor, new accessories. trap jaw thighs, Bow boots, standard gloved hands. he's a figure that would help of set the tool cost of Hydron, Modulok, Two bad and Scorpia.

Quote Originally Posted by MsMarvel fan View Post
    looking at Pixel Dan's video earlier I realized how easy to tool Dragstor will be. I can easily see him as part of 2014.

new head, new armor, new accessories. trap jaw thighs, Bow boots, standard gloved hands. he's a figure that would help of set the tool cost of Hydron, Modulok, Two bad and Scorpia.
    No to the Trap Jaw thighs, Dragstor needs new Vintage styled thighs (even I sculpted new thighs for him, would be very simple for the 4H to do it 100% better than I did), we've seen enough of those damn Trap Jaw parts. And no Bow boots either, Dragstor deserves his own toolings, those Bow boots are nothing at all like Dragstor's boots, not even close. Even the boots on my custom are a little off, but still 90% closer than Bow boots. Dragstor needs to look like a Classics figure, not a custom figure.

Reuse the shoulders, biceps, Hordak forearms, calf tops, thigh and crotch inner parts, but that's it. And no armor, Dragstor is not Mosquitor, he isn't wearing armor, his torso should be 100% new tooling. They've been upping the game, and to cheap out on Dragstor would be asinine. Especially when you think that none of his parts were reuses in the Vintage line.
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    No to the Trap Jaw thighs, Dragstor needs new Vintage styled thighs (even I sculpted new thighs for him, would be very simple for the 4H to do it 100% better than I did), we've seen enough of those damn Trap Jaw parts. And no Bow boots either, Dragstor deserves his own toolings, those Bow boots are nothing at all like Dragstor's boots, not even close. Even the boots on my custom are a little off, but still 90% closer than Bow boots. Dragstor needs to look like a Classics figure, not a custom figure.

Reuse the shoulders, biceps, Hordak forearms, calf tops, thigh and crotch inner parts, but that's it. And no armor, Dragstor is not Mosquitor, he isn't wearing armor, his torso should be 100% new tooling. They've been upping the game, and to cheap out on Dragstor would be asinine. Especially when you think that none of his parts were reuses in the Vintage line.
    I like your passion! However, not every figure in 2014 can be new tools... Or can it?!

I doubt dragstor is getting a new buck. He'll get armor and pants like karatti. Maybe they'll swing for new boots, but with characters like ssssqueeze and extendar also needing tooled they're going to make it as simple as they can where they can.

Quote Originally Posted by MsMarvel fan View Post
    I like your passion! However, not every figure in 2014 can be new tools... Or can it?!

I doubt dragstor is getting a new buck. He'll get armor and pants like karatti. Maybe they'll swing for new boots, but with characters like ssssqueeze and extendar also needing tooled they're going to make it as simple as they can where they can.
    There are plenty of other figures to scale back on like Tung Lashor, who only needs basically new hands, feet and head(s), Peekablue is basically Netossa with a few new parts. Dragstor may be in 2015....hopefully we'll see 2015 come....I'd rather wait and have him done right.... I think new tooling is being thought out, and maybe just maybe there's a new minimum for the subs, and that is why it's slow going....2013 had less subscribers than 2012, but they pinned hopes that 2014 and Vintage would bring many back....and they could raise the minimum to make Classics go out with a bang, instead of a fizzle.

As much as they complained about costs, especially in 2012 when they started making Blastic figures, now all the sudden we're looking at so many new highly tooled figures than ever before, hell, even the Amnesiac that is our sub exclusive is getting almost 100% tooling, something only Shadow Weaver has had thus far. Either something is different, or it was all a cop out....I don't know....all I know is what I'm hearing and seeing, we have Two-Bad, Unnamed One, Modulok, Glimmer and Hydron....all having highly tooled bodies....That's only the first few months.

2013 only showcased Ram Man as a whole new tooling at SDCC. I don't know what they're doing, or how they're doing it....I just hope they keep it up.
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    No wheel??? How is Dragstor Dragstor without a wheel coming out of his chest??? Are you just meaning no articulated wheel? I'd be extremely disappointed if he had no wheel personally.
    yes i meant no articulated wheel. he could have a "wheel" like hurricane hordak had, sculpted into the armor. we need the ab crunch. we don't need an actual rolling wheel.
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog