Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Dragstor Speculation/Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by robaczek View Post
    I don't understand the point of this thread.. Sorry but Mattel said on many occassions that there won't be any action features in this line - I'm just happy that Tri Klops has a rotating visior!
    You all have to understand Mattel's premises for this line - this is the line for adult collector = an adult who likes figures, has nostalgia about this particular line and all he needs to pose the figure on the shelf and not for a kid who will spent his days chasing after some figure rolling up and down the livingroom floor. That's why it is profitable enough for them to make these toys for us but don't expect anything else. They are already giving us much more than we could wish fir with so many articulation points so we can pose them in so many ways we could only dream if when we were kids but that's as far as they will go.
    Guys let's face it, we're all adults here so let me be blant - when we were kids we used to do 2 things with our 'He-Mans': play with them and then pose it on the shelf. Well guess what - Mattel is feeding our inner childs and gives as an refreshed toyline with so many articulation points we can have hours of fun posing our figures on the shelf but sorry to point it out we're not children anymore and Mattel knows it so they won't invest $ into some one-offs like a a wheel just to give you a chance to spin it once or twice in your hand or maybe on your desk and then put it on the shelf.. You wil buy it anyway if you liked this character regardless of this feature present or not so why should they waste money on something like this?? Just for the sake of saying 'there, here you go'? They wouldn't last that long wasting their money like that and we wouldn't get our beloved refreshed line as well. So let's be realistic here and stop making threads like that - it's pointless. They didn't even bothered to add a spring to the waste and you really think a brand new mold for a one off with a wheel is even close to beeing possible??

Mattel's only priority and their main selling points are - brand new sculpt that's in proportion as opposed to the original line, high level of detail and as much articulation as possible to make this line as fresh and interesting to adult fans. They know what is important and thanks to this we're getting Battlecat with so many articulation points it just bring a smile on my face each time I think of it but please let's all have some common sense and stop dreaming about things that will never happend in this line!

For the last time this line is not for mainstream consumer but for a very limited market so to keep it profitable they had to make some groind rules an the 'no action features' is the biggest one of them all - that's why Meckaneck will have a second neck to snap on and that's why when the time comes Extendar won't extend as well! If BA He-Man can have 3 exchangable plates imitating the original action feature so the rest will have imitating elements as well. Seriously they didn't pot a spring in the waist and you think they will put a wheel in a belly, c'mon!!
    Thanks Captain Buzzkill
    Positive Transactions-greyskull1, Kero, miasboytoy, MOTU_Maniac, Big Country, Beastmangler, biged98, EwR-Disaster, masterenglish, Radrcks, Son Of Keldor, myers04, tattoojunkie74, He-Cowboy, Judeh Simon, Dr Kain, BrandnChicagoHorde, JonnyTyler, Mern-Ra, wolvie3579, Toygiant, Grayskulls Fakor, Villa-man, Fisto69, Mdoclar, degra, Dawg88, Jii Dee & Many More Orgers...

Sorry, that wasn't my intention. I just know some people might not be fully aware of some things that has been otherwise addressed by Mattel or even here by Toyguru himself so I think it's better to let them know about it now instead letting them having false hope and have them later be dissapointed about some figures.. ;-)

I for one felt as soon as this thread was started it was a "fantasy" thread. Ya know!?!
    Positive Transactions-greyskull1, Kero, miasboytoy, MOTU_Maniac, Big Country, Beastmangler, biged98, EwR-Disaster, masterenglish, Radrcks, Son Of Keldor, myers04, tattoojunkie74, He-Cowboy, Judeh Simon, Dr Kain, BrandnChicagoHorde, JonnyTyler, Mern-Ra, wolvie3579, Toygiant, Grayskulls Fakor, Villa-man, Fisto69, Mdoclar, degra, Dawg88, Jii Dee & Many More Orgers...

I don't see a free-rolling wheel in Dragstor as all that implauible, honestly. If Mattel was only concerned with us being able to pose these figures, they wouldn't have put such effort forth as to flock Moss Man or have he or Stinkor smell. All of your reasons against this idea are sound, but you also have to remember that Scott and the crew working on this line are also big MOTU fans. They're making this stuff for us, but also for themselves!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

Mattel has said since the beginning that there would be no action features. But then they have surprised us again and again... with

A backpack on Webstor that works "just like you remember" it
    the spinning visor on Tri-Klops
    Scare Glows glow-in-the-dark body
    Mossman flocking

They have been trying to replicate features from the original figures as close to "just like you remember it". I don't see why they can't incorporate a functional wheel into Dragstor's "armor" that won't get into the way of articulation, or require major retooling of the body. This may be a "fantasy" thread, but we do know Mattel do read these threads to gauge what fans want and so far they have tried their best to please fans (e.g. Mossman's flocking). So this thread is more for fans to speak out regarding what they want to send a clear message to Mattel. Whatever Mattel does at the end of the day is out of most people's control. However, I do not want to be the fan to be "disappointed" at the end of the day at Dragstor (or any other figure) when the figure details are released, when I did not in the first place do my part voice out what I wanted from the line.
    Got Fur

I want a Glimmer by the end of 2012 and Extendar by 2013!
    Other Wants:
    MotU: Rokkon, Stonedar, Dragstor, Modulok, Multi-bot, Horde Trooper, DB Skeletor
    PoP: Peekablue, Madam Razz, Lighthope, Kowl
    NA: Quakke, Sagitarr
    MYP: Hawk, Queen Andreenos, Lord Dactys
    Mini-Comics: Kex Queen, Tug-of-War Yellow Warrior, King Hiss' Slave Girl

Extendar and Mekaneck will get their action features in a way. Okay, so they won't work exactly how they did before, but Extendar will still have the ability to have longer limbs and Mekaneck will still have the ability to have a long neck. Mossman is still mossy, Triklops' eyes rotate & Stinkor will smell.

The key elements of the original toy are retained in all these cases.

The key element of Dragstor was the wheel. I don't see it as impossible that Dragstor (when they eventually get to him, which obviously won't be for ages) will have some kind of rotating wheel. Might not be exactly the same as the old toy (can't see the ripcord happening), but I don't think getting a freely rotating wheel is completely out of the question.

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    The wheel has been around since the time of the caveman. Not exactly a complicated "action feature" for Mattel add to this figure.

Just say'n
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

Quote Originally Posted by Novelty View Post
    Mattel has said since the beginning that there would be no action features. But then they have surprised us again and again... with

Mossman flocking
    true but all those figure's action features have one thing in common, they don't impede/interfere with the articulation or need special tooling to the figure to make the feature work.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by Fneh View Post
    Spikor for president!!
    Hell yeah! He'll get my vote!
    Armageddon will soon be here,
    the sinners will meet their fate.
    But I am calm and without fear,
    as I feed upon my hate.

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    true but all those figure's action features have one thing in common, they don't impede/interfere with the articulation or need special tooling to the figure to make the feature work.
    He'll need an all-new sculpt anyway, so they might as well add the wheel to the torso. It could be made so that it turns on the same joint that his ab crunch uses.

giving mekanek an extended snap on neck, extendar snap on extending pieces for the limbs, triclops visor all would require some sort of extra tooling and engineering to make work opposed to just sculpting it and calling it a day as opposed to not giving us those pieces at all. placing a wheel on a peg into the abs/torso isn't going to require that much more tooling.

dragstor isnt coming in 2010 or even 2011 in my opinion, he'll be towards the end, and will most likely have the feature (a spinning wheel that you need to manually spin is no more an action feature then turning a wrist in my opinion) no one considers that an action feature on a hot wheels car, or toy dump truck or transformer. its just kind of, part of the basic figure/sculpt

the action feature on the original was the ripcord. the wheel was part of the figure. it needs to remain there, and if made part of armor (which i think would look AWFUL) It would also most likely interefere with the articulation anyway, i mean you guys thought people complained about the armor not passing the belly button? just wait thil theres a 1/4" gap between the wheel and dragstors back when u ab crunch him foward it would look terrible, and not look like the wheel was part of dragstor, but a part of the armor, which really, makes no sense when u think about it
    www.nywcwrestling.com - Best Independent Wrestling on Long Island!

I want meteorbs dang nabbit!!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by robaczek View Post
    Sorry, that wasn't my intention. I just know some people might not be fully aware of some things that has been otherwise addressed by Mattel or even here by Toyguru himself so I think it's better to let them know about it now instead letting them having false hope and have them later be dissapointed about some figures.. ;-)
    It depends on what an action feature is defined as. I'd think an action feature is any sculpted toy feature that interferes with the articulation.

Sy-Klone's spinning action is an action feature, but not his radar chest.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    It depends on what an action feature is defined as. I'd think an action feature is any sculpted toy feature that interferes with the articulation.

Sy-Klone's spinning action is an action feature, but not his radar chest.
    yeah i agree with you on this. this is pretty much how i see mattel defining action features as well
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Eternian Historian of Art Lex_Alfa's Avatar
    They can sculpt the abs part with a spinning wheel and then the chest part above. Easy
    Behold the gaseous stench of Skeletor's breakfast burrito!
    Robot Chicken dixit

For those who haven't seen it, check out the video in this thread:

http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=181156

This proves how cool Dragstor is. He's got so much potential.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Personally i don't care for dragstor much...but..if we assume for a moment that they did produce him.
    To all those saying that a wheel would make ab crunch articulation usless...of yee of little imagination! It wouldn't interfere with the articulation if the wheel axle was the same pivot point that was shared by the ab crunch joint! haaaa.
    I'm not proposing that in such a setup that it would be 100% free wheeling..although if you were to go crazy and give him a unique stomach/chest tool you could certainly make it so. Just saying that wheel does not equal no ab crunch if ya got the ingenuity.

Lose the wheel and give him a motorcycle or something instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad2dbone View Post
    Lose the wheel and give him a motorcycle or something instead.
    Yeah, because there aren't any heroes or villians like that.

Why not get rid of Snout Spout's trunk and have him come with a fire hose. Oh, and Mekaneck can come with a ladder. And Extendar with Stilts...
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

Heroic Warrior
    Frankly, I don't see why he will too far off. The old figure barely looked like he belonged to the same toyline. Maybe they could fix that with the new one.

Generic upper arms and legs
    Hordak Torso and Gloves
    Skeletor Shins
    Stratos Feet
    Man-E-Faces crotch

All he needs new is armor done like BA He-Man and a head. He doesn't need a spinning wheel. Of all the characters to spend extra money on, why Dragstor? He's a bottom feeder at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Novelty View Post

Mossman flocking

They have been trying to replicate features from the original figures as close to "just like you remember it". I don't see why they can't incorporate a functional wheel into Dragstor's "armor" that won't get into the way of articulation, or require major retooling of the body. This may be a "fantasy" thread, but we do know Mattel do read these threads to gauge what fans want and so far they have tried their best to please fans (e.g. Mossman's flocking). So this thread is more for fans to speak out regarding what they want to send a clear message to Mattel. Whatever Mattel does at the end of the day is out of most people's control. However, I do not want to be the fan to be "disappointed" at the end of the day at Dragstor (or any other figure) when the figure details are released, when I did not in the first place do my part voice out what I wanted from the line.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    Which is exactly why I got excited when they said Webstor would have a working backpack just like I remembered. The vintage one had only a few moving parts, and isn't part of the actual figure. I still don't understand why the Classics one couldn't be made to work properly.

And because of what happened with Webstor, I'm not getting my hopes up for a functioning wheel on Dragstor, no matter how much I want it to happen. I'm not giving Mattel any excuse to tell me that I "jumped to conclusions" again.

Dragstor

Please can we have Dragstor?

One of the most - IMO - evil-looking & freaky Horde villans.

Include the wheel with ab-crunch & waist-twist (I can conceptualise it, therefore it must be possible), elbow pads and hinged engine on the back (so that it can be moved to face horizontally to power Dragstor forward when he is standing & wearing roller skates)

Ta.
    Last edited by Eternian Poet; April 21, 2010 at 02:37pm.

There's actually a Dragstor? lol When I think of that name, I picture a male MOTUC buck dressed up as She-Ra.

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentinel Primal View Post
    There's actually a Dragstor? lol When I think of that name, I picture a male MOTUC buck dressed up as She-Ra.

I would love to see him. I think we can have a free-rolling wheel in his torso, too.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Would also love to see a Dragstor sooner then later.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!