Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If Motuc is really coming to an end...

If Motuc is really coming to an end...

In case you're wondering--this is not a gloom and doom thread I have just been thinking for myself if Motuc does actually end, what will I do with the extra money,etc.... Personally, there are other things that interest me that I can spend that money on like Mythic Legions, Star Wars, etc (Donate to the Trump campaign....kidding! )... Consider this a therapeutic thread where we can think of positive things if Motuc is over after this year.
    Last edited by He-Kal; May 18, 2016 at 02:22pm.

Heroic master of drums DrumMaster's Avatar
    Maybe the four horsemen will do some kickstarter campaign to make all the remaining stuff from Motu

Well, if it is, there are lego sets I want to get, transformers, Marvel Legends... and I still need to collect several MOTUC figs I haven't got yet. Either way, I'll be busy.

When Masters ends I will most likely stop buying any kind of toys. My extra money will most likely be spent on corals for my reef tank. My local fish stores will be happy that is for sure.

Heroic Warrior
    Since i collect only MOTU stuff especially when it's cool, the extra money would go to the Sideshow MOTU statues if they keep them coming, or the upcoming Mondo He-Man and Skeletor figures. If Mattel release a new MOTU line sculpted from the magnificent 4H in the Mythic Legions artistic style, i would bye them in a heartbeat though One fan could dream no?

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Okay, folks, let's sit back and take a breath before writing the eulogy. We already had a year where we were told by Mattel all lines must come to an end, and we're still here. Maybe the bad quarter at Mattel will spell the end of MOTU and Matty, but let's wait for the funeral service until we get an official word. Even if someone inside Mattel said, "It's dead, Jim," that can change tomorrow. Admittedyl, the delays this year are discouraging and getting bad, but we're in year where Mattel has more than one license with movies this summer (Bats vs. Supes and Ghostbusters are already on the shelves), and we've seen that back up smaller lines, especially collector's lines, before.

Maybe it's Armageddon, maybe it isn't. Mattel is reeling from bad news and likely tantrums from the stockholders. A lot of things may be flying around the offices right now in a state of panic that may turn out to be exaggerations when the heart palpitations subside. If anything has been officially decided, we should get at least an inkling at Power Con.

Deep breath, hold it, then let it out slowly...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    More money to save or make it easier to continue collecting MP Transformers...the only other thing I collect at this point.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Midwestern She-Raver Salamandra's Avatar
    Even if the subscriptions end, I hope they'll do a few releases occasionally. I'll probably be focusing my efforts on making some vintage-accurate POP figures, so I don't see myself abandoning the line anytime int he foreseeable future.

For me the beauty of MOTUC is that it never really has to end, even if there are no more subscriptions or new figures offered for sale.

I would spend the money I currently devote to new MOTUC product to buying up loose figures from others and then would set about making as many of the characters that never saw an official release as I possibly could. My plan is extend my MOTUC collection as wide and deep as possible. It would actually help direct my customizing efforts since I hold off making characters that I think Matty might eventually get to (Lodar, Mask of Power Demons, Queen Andreeno, Great Black Wizard and on, and on and on). If I know those aren't coming from Matty I won't be afraid that my custom will be instantly superseded by an official release.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Waters View Post
    More money to save or make it easier to continue collecting MP Transformers...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by DrumMaster View Post
    Maybe the four horsemen will do some kickstarter campaign to make all the remaining stuff from Motu
    I've been saying the 4H should license out MOTU and keep Classics going when Mattel cancels it.
    TOP WANTS:

SONGSTER, LODAR, EVIL ROBOT, SAGITAR, HAWKE, UNCLE MONTORK & DREE-ELLE, TUVAR, BADDHRA, KARG

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    More money to save or make it easier to continue collecting MP Transformers...the only other thing I collect at this point.
    I'm in the same boat. MOTU Classics and Masterpiece TFs are the main things I collect. Marvel Universe 3.75" is hard to find at retail (I cherry pick) and ThunderCats Classics isn't here yet.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Id probably focus only on Star Wars Black 6" figs then, but I'd dAbbas with creating new MOTUC through part swaps and my very limited customization skills to extend the love.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Instagram & Snapchat: Just_Thommy

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Okay, folks, let's sit back and take a breath before writing the eulogy. We already had a year where we were told by Mattel all lines must come to an end, and we're still here. Maybe the bad quarter at Mattel will spell the end of MOTU and Matty, but let's wait for the funeral service until we get an official word. Even if someone inside Mattel said, "It's dead, Jim," that can change tomorrow. Admittedyl, the delays this year are discouraging and getting bad, but we're in year where Mattel has more than one license with movies this summer (Bats vs. Supes and Ghostbusters are already on the shelves), and we've seen that back up smaller lines, especially collector's lines, before.

Maybe it's Armageddon, maybe it isn't. Mattel is reeling from bad news and likely tantrums from the stockholders. A lot of things may be flying around the offices right now in a state of panic that may turn out to be exaggerations when the heart palpitations subside. If anything has been officially decided, we should get at least an inkling at Power Con.

Deep breath, hold it, then let it out slowly...
    Well, it never hurts to start thinking about the line ending-even if it΄s 2017 or 2027. My point of the thread is life will go on after Motuc

- - - Updated - - -

Yep , masterpiece Tfs are on the list for sure (third party stuff too)
    Last edited by He-Kal; May 18, 2016 at 04:51pm.

Well, fortunately, MOTU fans are the most talented fans in the Universe, so there will always be possible to seek out awesome new figures, dioramas, even vehicles and castles!

I think my money will still go towards MOTU anyway, even if the Classics line ends. Which I pray to the Elders that it won't..!
    Leech sucks..!

I can't get anymore excited about the classic line than I already have. All good things have to come to an end. I'd just funnel my $$$$ into other MOTU related merch. Truth be told, if Classic ends and is never revisited by 4H, I'll be done anyways because we've peaked with this 5" to 7"inch scale.
    “You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing.” George Benard Shaw.

I've noticed a few of the six inch lines I collect stuff for creeping up in price this year and I think they're getting to the point where they're becoming not that needed, so I guess regardless of what happens to this line I'll be slowing my collecting down.

Nature's Greatest Wonder Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    If it ends, it will be much easier on my wallet.

Plus with Thundercats starting up (which I hope isn't also impacted by MOTUC possibly ending), I can shift my focus to that line, and just enjoy what there was of MOTUC.

As disappointing as it might be to not get more figures and especially Snake Mountain (again assuming it is ending and those items don't get released), honestly MOTUC went on for a lot longer than I really expected it to, especially once we got into those years where the sub was always on the fence of just barely selling enough to keep going.

In the name of the Lloyd!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jake View Post
    I've been saying the 4H should license out MOTU and keep Classics going when Mattel cancels it.
    This is what i was thinking too. That the 4H should take over the brand. Mattel could licence them to continue the Classics, or begin a new MOTU line after Mattel giving them free reign on designing them. At any case i believe that the 4H could be the future of the brand. The Classics and the their own Mythic Legions are the best guarantee that the 4H would do an awesome job.

I'm already transitioning my monthly collecting budget towards the Sideshow MOTU statue line. And I'll probably pick up at least the He-Man & Skeletor figures from Mondo. I think these higher end collectibles are the future for the MOTU brand, at least until we get a new cartoon or live action film.
    You may have defeated us, but you'll never see this child again!

Heroic Warrior
    I think the most troubling thing at this point is that no one at the Matty site or their Facebook page has responded to any of the questions posted. If everything was fine, someone would just say "chill."

Heroic Warrior
    If it is then I'd save all the money that I once spent.

Widget
    You'll have to forgive me, because the answer is probably already posted here somewhere, but what are the legalities around that? Who owns the rights to "this element" of the MOTU line....can the 4H do that without Mattel releasing some kind of rights to them?

Advocating for a New Adventures Mini-Sub!
    The end of MOTUC is the beginning of ThunderCats Classics!!!!
    Masters of the Universe and ThunderCats - together for the first time! Pure AWESOME!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Nope. Cornboy already was asked on his FB page and he replied they could do the figures. Making them that's not the problem Cornboy said the licensing would be the problem as they just can't afford it.

- - - Updated - - -

When Mattel finally does end MOTU Unless they are still doing Thundercats my money will go to Mythic Legions
    Looking forward to a very bright 2016 with MOTUC Collectors Choice, He-Man and the Masters Of the Universe animated Filmation line, Thundercats & SNAKE MOUNTAIN