Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rio Blast Arrival Thread

Rio Blast Arrival Thread

Here he is!

Psalm 18:32 - "It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect."

Oh Cool so the viser does fit over his eyes After seeing Dans review It looked like that wasn't happening and I said to myself why does Ruben do this to our figures
    Looking forward to the entire 2014 & 2015 line

Pretty killer...mines in Nevada

Jelly. Mine has shipped, but I probably got at least another week of waiting.
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things arenít absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I donít collect toys to be miserable. So Iíd rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    Matty says Rio Blast for DOS has been back ordered for an indefinate time as well as Madame Razz for Etheria
    But Madame Razz was last month on sale

Zero nostalgic attachment to Rio-Blast, but I really like this figure. The cowboys and guns theme work really well with him. The execution of all the attachments is really nice.

Heroic Warrior
    Got my eternia package the white mailer box says rio blast but there was a flogg anyone else have this issue. I hope this isn't another sorceress fisto debacle. I guess I'll have to call digital river on Monday. Ugh I hate NA now I've got two of these suckers. If I had to have a switcheroo why couldn't it have been shadow weaver or a whiplash

He looks great. I didn't have him as a kid so I also have very little attachment but I am really looking forward to him.
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

I ordered two Rios. One had Rio, the other had a Horde Trooper.

Rio Blast has arrived and boy howdy is he a superlative entry into this glorious series! Yet again the Horsemen have weaved their witchcraft and have sealed the deal in my mind that at least a few of them made a deal with the devil before they started rolling out MOTUC sculpts. Another great month for all things Masters. I couldn't be happier.

For what it's worth- and no offense to the various photogs on this thread- I hate Rio with a cowboy hat. He looks 15 shades of dorky and like a reject from a Vegas male strip club review. Yuck.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

I still think the sculpted button up crotch flap is hilarious! Easy access for a quick draw.
    MOTUC: What we need NOW:
    KARG, Eldor, Horde Troopers, NA Skeletor, Sagitar

I need to know where I can find such awesome hats for Rio...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Got my Rio yesterday. Love this figure, but I just can't get over the bulky armor and the oddly-fitting visor. Way to mess up an otherwise awesome interpretation. The design team obviously just didn't care.

Heroic Warrior
    Looks good to me.will have to check on that chest peg so I can put the flap flush with the chest.his robot horse is waiting for him

- - - Updated - - -

And SBC can you post a pic of the peg on the chest flap for me?

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    Oh Cool so the viser does fit over his eyes After seeing Dans review It looked like that wasn't happening and I said to myself why does Ruben do this to our figures
    Unfortunately, the visor doesn't go over the eyes, it was just the angle of the shot I took.
    Psalm 18:32 - "It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect."

Got mine today. Rio was my favourite as a kid so have been waiting for this fig for ages.

In person, he looks much better than I had thought, so I'm pretty happy with him.

On the other hand, I'm super peed off with the chest peg not allowing the flap to close. Seriously, how'd they miss this? Isn't that what prototypes and test shots are for??!?!?! It also has the same affect on the thigh flaps (although you don't notice it as much).
    And the visor not covering his eyes (due to the little bits on his shoulders) and the bulky armour too.

That's a lot of problems with a figure that is 6-7 years into its line. Very disappointing.

Lucky for Matty I'm looking at Rio through rose coloured glasses.

P.S As a kid, I always used Orko's hat for Rio's cowboy hat. Am I the only one?

Got Rio Blast and Entrapta today! Entrapta is the winner this month but Rio Blast is near and also very very cool!
    The Visor IS possible to get over his eyes! So Pixel Dan was wrong in his review. You have to move his head and the visor a little bit and than it works!
    His design and details are awesome. Also under his boots are little details. Very cool!
    The only thing is his flap on his armor. Its not possible to close.
    But overall he is a great figure and much better than the ugly 80s figure!

Pre-ordered from a third party source, can't wait to receive him!

On second review, there are 2 parts of this figure that the 4 Horsemen could have done a better job on. Normally they do phenomenal work, but I think a few design choices could have been done a little different.

First, the chest cavity. I know the excuse of tooling a new chest piece for one figure is costly, but it's been done before. The Horde troopers got a new chest which isn't even visible and hasn't been used since. And besides, if they planned in advance, a hollow chest piece could be re-used on Buzz-Saw Hordak and Dragstor. So if Buzz-Saw Hordak has a hollow chest, I'll be disappointed, yet if he doesn't have a hollow chest I'll be equally disappointed!

Second, the flap looks weird. Not the fault of the peg not closing, but the look of the flap itself when open. It appears to be a piece of fabric that has come loose, yet it is suddenly stiff enough to support a laser gun! Is it soft fabric or a piece of metal? The wavy shape that the gun sits in looks awkward. I think it should have been sculpted more like the original where its a metal chest piece/flat circuit board that folds down, with the fabric buttoned to that (with the corner flap hanging off the chest piece)

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by karg182 View Post
    I still think the sculpted button up crotch flap is hilarious! Easy access for a quick draw.
    It's for his last hidden gun a la Sex Machine from From Dusk Til Dawn

Although I would dread the recoil on that gun...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Got him! I think he's pretty much perfect. I will be adding some silver to his backpack-cannon though.
    20140915_173309.jpg
    Welcome to my Shapeways shop (Filmation inspired Hordak, Leech,Grizzlor,Spikor, Kobra khan and Merman heads)
    http://www.shapeways.com/shops/eternalcustoms

Most Wanted MOTUC: Dragstor, Kittrina, Lizard man, Blast Attack, Angella, Dragoon

Sigh, it would be nice if I got a shipping notice for my Rio that's part of my subscription. The charged my card, now just waiting for it to ship.

SCB, where's that hat from? It fit's Rio perfectly. Makes him look like a Galactic Marshall right out of Bravestarr.

All that was needed was a little bit of the front of the armor to be cut out so the notch from the front flap could fit in it. No new torso needed. Shame really as this is a great figure that could have been perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    I ordered two Rios. One had Rio, the other had a Horde Trooper.
    Are you serious? A Horde Trooper on a single card?
    My post count just got bigger.