Thread: 2015 MOTUC sub Twitter campaign - Friday August 15th at 12:00PM Eastern

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar

2015 MOTUC sub Twitter campaign - Friday August 15th at 12:00PM Eastern

Friday August 15, 2014 at 12:00PM Eastern

If you love Masters of the Universe Classics like I do, I hope you will join me on Friday August 15, 2014 at 12:00PM Eastern/9:00AM Pacific for a Twitter campaign to raise awareness and hopefully bring in a few more fans as we #SaveHeMan!

2015 is slated to finish the vintage Masters of the Universe and Princess of Power characters, as well as the remaining A-lister Filmation, 200x, mini-comics, NA, etc... We can't go this far only to lose out on MOTUC's official last year. Together, we can finish this thing!

***Please read this carefully so you know exactly what to do***

STEP 1 - CREATE A TWITTER ACCOUNT

This is pretty self-explanatory. If you don't already have an account on Twitter, go to www.twitter.com to sign up for one. Fill in the appropriate fields with your name, e-mail address and password to create your account. You will then have to confirm the account through e-mail.

STEP 2 - FOLLOW MOTU 2015 ON TWITTER

https://twitter.com/MOTU2015

After you've signed into your account, click on the above link and then click on the "Follow Button" on that page. This is what the button looks like:

STEP 3 - RETWEET THIS MESSAGE ON AUGUST 15, 2014 AT 12:00PM EASTERN TIME (US) TRY YOUR BEST NOT TO BE LATE!!!

On August 15th at 12:00PM US Eastern Time, you're going to see the following message on MOTU 2015’s Twitter page:

Position your pointer/cursor over the message and click on "Retweet" in the lower left-hand corner (the second icon with the two arrows).

STEP 4 - CREATE YOUR OWN UNIQUE TWEET INCORPORATING THE HASHTAG #SaveHeMan

(* Note: A hashtag helps Twitter to organize topics for searching purposes. When a hashtag is popular enough, it can become a trending topic.)

On your profile page, look for the following field:

Type #SaveHeMan in the box followed by whatever you want to say about MOTUC. (There's a limit of 140 characters) Then click on the "Tweet" button.

That's it. You're done.

And feel free to add in a link to the MattyCollector page so fans can go right to the site. And if you want, retweet on and on after the initial tweet. It’s up to you, but every little bit helps! And thank you for joining in; together we "have the power" to make a difference!
    Last edited by The All American; August 10, 2014 at 07:42pm.

Count me in! I don't use Twitter much, but you can count on me.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Count me in as well!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Count me in. 2015 MUST happen.
    Let's get HUNGA THE HARPY before 2016!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I will do my best! I will be working, but hopefully I will be able to get to lunch on time so I can retweet this message.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

It's sad to see this thread being pushed to the bottom of the page, with hardly anyone signing up, considering a tweet is free and takes no more than 20 seconds of your time. Some community we got here.

what time is that in spain?
    motucustoms4sale@hotmail.com
    visit my albums:
    awesome trades with: harold, krosfyah, bobtheodd, Agostinho, boggs32, sallah, beastor
    Visit my facebook page 2917 likes already!!!!! XD
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...259610?sk=info

First off, thanks to all those who have expressed their intent and followed MOTU 2015 on Twitter. Friday will be fun! There are more than 500 followers on the account so far!

Quote Originally Posted by swind15 View Post
    It's sad to see this thread being pushed to the bottom of the page, with hardly anyone signing up, considering a tweet is free and takes no more than 20 seconds of your time. Some community we got here.
    It's free, so why not take advantage of it? For those working on Friday, might be a good time to take a "smoke break". But to swind15's point, it will only take a few seconds. Just remember it's for fun, don't feel forced to join, but it'd be great to have so many fans join in.

Quote Originally Posted by dark knight View Post
    what time is that in spain?
    From everything I'm seeing, it's a 6 hour difference between the U.S. East Coast time and Spain. So that'll be 6:00PM in Spain.
    Support Crystal Moonbeam in MOTUC - http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...nbeam-in-MOTUC!

Macduff, Scotland. United Kingdom of Eternia.
    Count me in. I'll do my bit for the UK branch of the MOTU fan base
    Take each day as it comes, but never take it for granted.

Im in!!!

CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY the_ultimate_evil's Avatar
    Really we're back to this as a fandom, basically pestering people and bombarding them from every angle

This was what turned me against the brand and Matty ages ago. I only bought a few classics and tried to remain neutral but when the first sub drive happened and I got bombarded from the org, email Twitter Facebook with banners, posts, images all begging for people to sub. and then it started with crap like "real fans sub", "you're a real fan right, then buy a second sub" and do you love the line why don't you sub. I remember people saying they couldn't sub due to costs to be told to get they're life sorted and get a better job as that wasn't a valid excuse for a real he-fan.

The sub will go through like it does every year we deal with these tired old scare threats and tactics it's all this is gonna do is annoy and drive away anyone who is on the fence. It's beneath us as fans and people, if people want to sub they will sub constantly poking them with begging isn't gonna help with the majority.

If Matty was so desperate for this sub to go through shouldn't they be doing this using there own pr department.
    And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
    Click to see my portfolio here
    my art blog with my latest pieces here
    my deviant art galleryhere
    all comments, criticisms and questions are welcome in my guestbook

Quote Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
    Really we're back to this as a fandom, basically pestering people and bombarding them from every angle
    I’m not sure where the pestering and bombardment has come from with this. There is one thread dedicated to this here, one on Matty, I’ve made a few mentions in two or three other threads, the story was front paged (thanks MGM), and that was about it. I have only PM’ed a few people about this (mostly friends and just a few popular .orgers) and the MOTU 2015 page has followed new folks. To get something going like this, you have to get the word out at least.

Perhaps the only pestering and bombarding will happen tomorrow and this weekend on celebrity pages. But those pages are always littered with junk anyway, so some good He-Man appreciation won't hurt. If we can awaken some long lost MOTU or POP fans to this line after they see a tweet, that’s awesome.

This was what turned me against the brand and Matty ages ago. I only bought a few classics and tried to remain neutral but when the first sub drive happened and I got bombarded from the org, email Twitter Facebook with banners, posts, images all begging for people to sub. and then it started with crap like "real fans sub", "you're a real fan right, then buy a second sub" and do you love the line why don't you sub. I remember people saying they couldn't sub due to costs to be told to get they're life sorted and get a better job as that wasn't a valid excuse for a real he-fan.
    I don’t believe that someone’s fandom comes down to buying a sub or extra subs. Subs are very expensive commitments for hardcore fans. I don’t doubt you’ve seen that "real fans" stuff before in the past. I can assure you this campaign is about fun and getting some extra eyes on the line!

The sub will go through like it does every year we deal with these tired old scare threats and tactics it's all this is gonna do is annoy and drive away anyone who is on the fence. It's beneath us as fans and people, if people want to sub they will sub constantly poking them with begging isn't gonna help with the majority.
    I agree that it would be annoying and counter intuitive to poke folks. But this campaign is not that, at least, I don't believe it is.

If Matty was so desperate for this sub to go through shouldn't they be doing this using there own pr department.
    Mattel should. But they haven’t. So I don't mind helping continue this like passionate fans did in the past like Tallstar. I'm not knocking your post, lots of good points. I just like the cool property Mattel made so many decades ago that the Four Horsemen helped bring back. This line is fantastic, don't want it to end. That's all.
    Support Crystal Moonbeam in MOTUC - http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...nbeam-in-MOTUC!

The point of this twitter campaign is to spread awareness of MOTUC to people who may not know it exists. Nobody is being forced to buy or do anything difficult, but to send out a single tweet that takes 20 seconds and is free.

I'll be retweeting.
    View my collection and customs HERE!

I'm ready.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Alright, we got over 550 followers. Every .orger that can and wants to, please join in!

Same time as the Matty sale today. 12PM Eastern/9AM Pacific we #SaveHeMan at https://twitter.com/MOTU2015

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Probably should have included the hashtag in the tweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    Ya, I just realized that, deleted and re-did it! LOL.

Widget
    Buried where neither man nor demon would want to look
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    Probably should have included a link to where people can sign up for the subscription...
    It's a big rock. I can't wait to tell my friends. They don't have a rock this big.

This happens every year, has it ever actually worked at all? Not knocking it, just wondered what the results were the last three or four years people did this?

retweet Done
    motucustoms4sale@hotmail.com
    visit my albums:
    awesome trades with: harold, krosfyah, bobtheodd, Agostinho, boggs32, sallah, beastor
    Visit my facebook page 2917 likes already!!!!! XD
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...259610?sk=info

Quote Originally Posted by Acathla View Post
    Probably should have included a link to where people can sign up for the subscription...
    Not enough room, but can do that on retweets and replies! Pester those celebrities, people!

Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    This happens every year, has it ever actually worked at all? Not knocking it, just wondered what the results were the last three or four years people did this?
    There's a first time for everything!

Quote Originally Posted by dark knight View Post
    retweet Done
    Thank you!!!!!!!!!!

I just re-tweeted.
    formerly wayneepoo, now with better name!

Most Wanted (Remaining)
    Vintage MOTU: Blast Attack, Dragstor
    POP:Angella, Peekablue, Perfuma
    NA:Tuskador, Quakke, Sagitar
    Filmation: Dylamug, Vultak
    But in reality I want them ALL!!

done and done!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

I want to thank everyone who participated in yesterday's campaign, and who continue to participate! It's not over yet. It's going on throughout the weekend, tweeting and re-tweeting #SaveHeMan however you like! We'll do it until the subs close. There are a lot of good celebrity pages to target, who knows, you may reawaken some old Masters of the Universe and Princess of Power fans, or make some new ones.

So if you want to get in on this, feel free to #SaveHeMan and raise some awareness. Just have fun with it.