Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Imaginext look like MOTU

New Imaginext look like MOTU

I was looking for dragons for my sons and stumbled across these 2 imaginext sets. These look to me like a Beastman and Mer-Man.

Obviously they don't look exact, but I wonder if these guys are out to test the waters for MOTU related figures.
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Elder Councilman
    there's two ways to look at this:

Mattel owns Fisher Price, so this possibility isn't totally out there.

On the other hand, I think one of 'em kinda sorta does, the other not really so much...leading me to believe either they just had MOTU on the mind subconsciously when they were sculpted, or you're subconsciously looking for things that may not necessarily be there.
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

I always said that Imaginext would've been the perfect line to introduce MotU to smaller kids. Some of the previous toys would've fit the brand perfectly.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

The Batman toys are great. I had to buy them for my sons so I could also play with them.

Randor Grizzlor Lovechild bigassbuzz's Avatar
    I scored these Battleground Crossbows and Catapults toys to find some VERY VERY Grayskull-esque brick.

Thanks Mangs.
    -Buzz out
    www.hyveofvillainy.com - Evil Action Figures

My ORG FEEDBACK is here.

The resemblance is tenuous at best. I do wish they would make Imaginext MotU's though. It's a mystery to me why they haven't yet. It doesn't need media support, because none of the generic crap they make for Imaginext has media support and that stuff sells just fine, so why would something infinitely more awesome need media support? I don't get it.

OLD Imaginext look like MOTU:

No more stuff for sell, all donated, done!
    I still need MOTUC: Strobos, King Grayskull, Wun-Dar, and Preternia He-Man
    Join us at https://www.facebook.com/groups/2544672215/

Nothing comes up on those links.

TG did say he would love to get MOTU in Imaginext but it would have to be a movie year or some type of massive relaunch. I do like those figs. I do have some adults coming into my store buying the dinosaur ones,cause they reminded them of Dino Riders. If I was a little kid, I'd want those for sure. Target has a cool ninja/samurai line.
    Gaping holes in my collection: Regular old Teela, Weapons pack 1, Power & Honour book 1, SDCC artbook (maybe)

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by hlinhk128 View Post
    Because they are nearly two years old.

Quote Originally Posted by hlinhk128 View Post

TG did say he would love to get MOTU in Imaginext but it would have to be a movie year or some type of massive relaunch. I do like those figs. I do have some adults coming into my store buying the dinosaur ones,cause they reminded them of Dino Riders. If I was a little kid, I'd want those for sure. Target has a cool ninja/samurai line.
    what links? are my pictures not showing?
    No more stuff for sell, all donated, done!
    I still need MOTUC: Strobos, King Grayskull, Wun-Dar, and Preternia He-Man
    Join us at https://www.facebook.com/groups/2544672215/

The heads of the Snaptorz, another Mattel line, look like Baby Dragon walker heads:
    http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...and+aliens+%2F
    "This is a rather shameless promotion"

"Worked on me!"

"Me too!"

Imaginext He-man......

I wasn't sure what forum to post this in, but I have a question. Why do you think Mattel hasn't tried releases a MOTU line in their Fisher-price Imaginext line. MOTU woul d be a perfect fit. You have the same bodies or bucks for all the figures, with different accesories. You have the potential of large playsets and vehicles and the option of smaller price points. My son absolutley loves Imaginext! He mixes and matches and has huge battles daily. It just seems like a no brainer to me.

What do you think?

Chris
    Is not not licking toads

It's just not a recognizable enough brand like Batman or Pixar, so there wouldn't really be any benefit for them to use it that way.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulff View Post
    It's just not a recognizable enough brand like Batman or Pixar, so there wouldn't really be any benefit for them to use it that way.
    Although Imaginext also does generic fantasy characters so this would be an equally good way to introduce MOTU to a new generation of kids.

I got my son practically every batman imaginext toy so far. I'm all for the Motu version.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

I'd be totally down with it 'cause I've been looking for an excuse to get into those. They're just so cool! But yeah, I agree with Wulff: there's no reason to put that kinda backing into MotU for that line. Granted, they could always just take the chance for the heck of it 'cause any kid that didn't know it could see it as just a fantasy line...but I doubt they would do it.

Regardless, just to dream: It really would be kinda like a new-age resurgance of the classic stuff. I mean, the figures would almost be in similar poses, they would be just as simple, and there could easily be a Greyskull in the line like the other castles 'n stuff that has already been a part of that toyline. They could do the vehicles 'n dinosaurs 'n stuff (there are already dragons and dinosaurs in that line) and everything would just be a smaller version of the old stuff. Would be the easiest age range to grab, too, 'cause they're a little more open to accept any 'ol toy that comes along; not to mention the fact that half the ideas of MotU are technically already a part of that giant toyline.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Podcaster
    The fact that Mattel owns both lines and could do MOTU as a ton of mostly repainted and reused parts makes this idea seem reasonable to me. I agree with vertigoinnk that Mattel could just start MOTU in their fantasy Imaginex line with little-to-no risk. We know Mattel loves a little risk as possible.

I'd love to see this,
    Angella Blast Attak Buzzsaw Hordak Dragstor ELDOR! ENTRAPTA! FLUTTERINA! Flying Fists He-Man GWILDOR!
    Lazer Light He-Man Lazer Light Skeletor MERMISTA! MultiBot NINJOR! Peekablue Perfuma RIO BLAST! Rotar
    Saurod SPINNERELLA! Sssqueeze SWEET BEE! Terror Claws Skeletor TUNG LASHOR! Twistoid

This is what I have wanted for a long time! My kids love Imaginext toys and theynare all high quality, fun, imaginative toys. Imagin Castle Grayskull, Snake Mountain, and all the different vehicles done like the Batcave and other vehicles in their lines!

Quote Originally Posted by Wulff View Post
    Batman and Pixar are not their only lines. They have several original lines like their space and alien line! Pirates, dinosaurs, and ninja lines; none of these are based off of pre-existing, recognizable brands. They all do really well and MOTU pulls eliments from all these genres. I think it would be very beneficial for Mattel to use MOTU in the Imaginext line. MOTU encompasses a lot of what the target demographic would want and it would introduce kids to the MOTU property.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by SunDevil View Post
    The fact that Mattel owns both lines and could do MOTU as a ton of mostly repainted and reused parts makes this idea seem reasonable to me. I agree with vertigoinnk that Mattel could just start MOTU in their fantasy Imaginex line with little-to-no risk. We know Mattel loves a little risk as possible.

I'd love to see this,
    I'm going to mock up a line of them over the next day or so in Illustrator and then post it.

EDIT: That would be pointless actually as 1. Mattel would just take any info and use it for free. and 2. I don't work for free.
    Last edited by vertigoink; March 4, 2012 at 04:52pm.

I think it would be a pretty good way to help get MOTU back out there. I'm just afraid you would have more adults buying the toys for themselves. I can see the fights between the 30 somethings and the 5 year olds over Battle Cat in the Imaginext aisle now
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinxieman View Post
    This is what I have wanted for a long time! My kids love Imaginext toys and theynare all high quality, fun, imaginative toys. Imagin Castle Grayskull, Snake Mountain, and all the different vehicles done like the Batcave and other vehicles in their lines!

Batman and Pixar are not their only lines. They have several original lines like their space and alien line! Pirates, dinosaurs, and ninja lines; none of these are based off of pre-existing, recognizable brands. They all do really well and MOTU pulls eliments from all these genres. I think it would be very beneficial for Mattel to use MOTU in the Imaginext line. MOTU encompasses a lot of what the target demographic would want and it would introduce kids to the MOTU property.
    ^ Exactly, I tried to put it simply but this FULLY explains my stance

I'd be thrilled with these-although I'm also hoping to see the very cool Mini-Masters come to pass as well.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by motu77 View Post
    i think it would be a pretty good way to help get motu back out there. I'm just afraid you would have more adults buying the toys for themselves. I can see the fights between the 30 somethings and the 5 year olds over battle cat in the imaginext aisle now
    lol! "hey mistuh thas myne!"

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I'd be thrilled with these-although I'm also hoping to see the very cool Mini-Masters come to pass as well.
    Hell maybe they could even save more money and make them in a bit smaller scale in-between mini and Imaginext. I agree though Uki I totally want to see the MM eventually.
    Last edited by vertigoink; March 4, 2012 at 02:32pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

The mini masters are cool and I would love to see them, but if it were either or, I would prefer Imaginext.

Either way, I just want a fun product that I can get my boys! Being able to share MOTU with my boys in a line that would include playlets and vehicles geared at their age would be awesome!

Oh! They could use the MOTU classics buck to make giants in the line!

I have yet to see a single Imaginext figure that had backwards shoulders, loose ankles, bobble heads, exploding clear plastic, or cracking elephant trunks. I'm all in favor of MOTU Imaginext.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal